• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your structure and writing here definitely could use some improvement, my friend.

I think I barely understand what you're talking about.

If you aren't complaining about how seemingly difficult it can be to pull the raygun mk 2 from the box in maps other than buried, then I am lost.

if so, you do still get the weapon. Sure it is rare, but it is also extremely powerful. It is the most powerful weapon in the mysterybox, with the exception of the sliquifier. Even the blundergat (un modded and not Pack-a-punched) is weaker than the regular mk 2.

Heck, on tranzit, I'd argue that it is the strongest weapon (as the Jet Gun is an equipment), along with on Green Run survival maps, and nuketown.

Be patient, and work on improving your writing.

Calm down, if you purchased the 3rd DLC : Vengeance, you should be able to get it from the box eventually in any other map, including grief mode and survival.

If you aren't receiving the weapon here may be some issues:

1 you can not be holding the regular ray gun to get the M2...

2 you need to have the vengeance DLC downloaded on the hard-drive you are using to use the M2...

3 Note: The mark two is, from what I have heard, twice as unlikely to come from the box then the M1... This is seen more easily in MOTD and Origins due to higher amount of weapons in the box... It's eaasiest to get the gun in buried because it has the least amount of other weapons in the box... Try getting it in nuketown or town for more likely results...

4: It may show up in the weapons roulette, if it doesn't it does NOT mean it's not in there, if you do see it, then it's defiantly in there...

5: Best tactic I would do is build up the rest of your game first THEN attempt for the M2

disadvantages of the M2:

-Great for lines of zombies, but very poor for streched-out globs of em...

-Much quicker amo depletion due to it being a 3-round burst gun...

-Has even smaller hit-box then the mark 1...

Advantages of the M2:

-No splash damage :D

-Much stronger against hordes

-brag-rights

-no crawlers

I actually prefer how rare it is. It is a great gun! I want it to be special, I don't want to be pulling it from the box every single game like I did in Buried. If you get it every game, you become dependent on it, and then it becomes a crutch. And in zombies, you don't want ANYTHING to become a crutch. So just get good at playing without it, and then you can enjoy it more when you are playing WITH it.

Buried has spoiled you. The RGM2 is meant to be very rare, but with locking down the box and pretty much unlimited dough you can easily get that, no problem. Other maps you actually have pray to Richtofen he's nice enough to give you a RGM2 on an early go.

With power, comes a price. The Ray Gun Mark II's price is rarity.

The ray gun MK2 is rarer than a good random game imo.

I play Origins a lot, and hit the box within the first 5 rounds every game.

I get the ray gun an awful lot. I have had the MK2 a grand total of twice from the first box. The fact I remember I've had it twice shows how rare this is.

I've probably hit and moved that first box 50 times, and got it twice.

1/2 the times I hit it though, I get the ray gun.

Thanks for feedback.

I know it´s powerfull and dont need it early.

But my games are most time long and intensive high round games with my crew(never play solo).

But there is no one on this planet who better know that you cant handle the zombies on high rounds with standard weapons like you guys (expect origins and motd where everyone can hold ww´s or redeemer).

So the need for the ray gun mark 2 is necesary on coop games.

your structure and writing here definitely could use some improvement, my friend.

Reaper is from Germany and has a bit of difficulty when translating his words in English.

@Reaper - I still have never had the Mark II on Tranzit despite spending well over a combined 2,000,000 trying to get it and only once on Die Rise, so I agree with you on it being somewhat shit that it can be obtained by 4 players easily on Buried, but nearly impossible for one person to pull it on any other map (except Town which seems to be extremely easy to get it on).

Sure, I get that it is a rare weapon, but come on... so rare that it is near impossible to get!?

If I had it maybe a few times on other maps then fair enough, but having never got it on Tranzit and once of Die Rise (on round 59 might I add!) is a bit of a joke.

Another reason why I have stopped playing BO2 zombies.

My stats:

TranZit: 0

Grief: 0

Die Rise: 0

Mob of the Dead: 0

Cell Block: 2

Buried: At least 1 person gets itper game.

Buried Grief: 1

Origins: 0

And I play at least 5 matches of zombies a day, but then again, I heard if your playing public and even if one person doesn't have Buried, no one will be able to get the RGM2.

And I play at least 5 matches of zombies a day, but then again, I heard if your playing public and even if one person doesn't have Buried, no one will be able to get the RGM2.

I played a game on Town with a buddy of mine the other day. He doesn't have any of the DLC, and I was still able to get the Mark II out of the box.

That was on custom games however, does it work differently for custom and public lobbies?

Reaper is from Germany and has a bit of difficulty when translating his words in English.

Ah, fair enough. I stand by my statement as this is a primarily English forum, simply for ease of communication and allowing him to get the answers he wants.

But, at least I can respect a language barrier, as opposed to people that speak English, but can only write in "internetz". Sorry for the criticism. If you use a translator program, then I'm sorry it doesn't quite come out perfectly. :P

My stats:

TranZit: 0

Grief: 0

Die Rise: 0

Mob of the Dead: 0

Cell Block: 2

Buried: At least 1 person gets itper game.

Buried Grief: 1

Origins: 0

No you should still be able to get theM2... Surely trayarch wouldn't incorporate that in and not expect people to be outraged when almost every random game is beset by the inability to receive the M2....

I also like how rare it is, because if a random gets it, goes down and bleeds out then I'm already calling rage quit across the map.

So very true. It is SO rare, when people get it they make a big song and dance about it, and in public lobbies I can see randoms leaving if they lost it for sure.

"You better revive me or I am leaving. It was your fault I died. This is bullshit man"

"Dude! I had the Mark II there... Why didn't you revive me? F*cking noob!"

XXXXXXXX HAS TIMED OUT

I might be one of A few that did not like the MK2 Ray Gun.

The three shot burst was a terrible waste to the ammo. And although powerful, in high rounds it takes more MK2 to kill hoards than the original.

What they had done was turning the best all around into a Shit save me weapon. The MK2 does not work well as a killing weapon overall, I much prefer the original.

• Administrators

The three shot burst was a terrible waste to the ammo. And although powerful, in high rounds it takes more MK2 to kill hoards than the original.

What they had done was turning the best all around into a Shit save me weapon. The MK2 does not work well as a killing weapon overall, I much prefer the original.

I half agree and half disagree. Yes, it was meant to be a powershot of a weapon that deals massive damage if used accurately. At the same time, it doesn't make it a useless Wonder Weapon. It's like the evil twin of the original Ray Gun in that it's mainly for direct hits versus splash damage. Even in the high rounds, beautiful headshot damage.

I think people overrate it a bit and underrate the original. But, that being said, I'll take a Mark 2 any day over the regular because a) it never hurts to have it and B) it's so rare that I value it merely for that.

I also like how rare it is, because if a random gets it, goes down and bleeds out then I'm already calling rage quit across the map.

So very true. It is SO rare, when people get it they make a big song and dance about it, and in public lobbies I can see randoms leaving if they lost it for sure.

"You better revive me or I am leaving. It was your fault I died. This is bullshit man"

"Dude! I had the Mark II there... Why didn't you revive me? F*cking noob!"

XXXXXXXX HAS TIMED OUT

"REVIVE ME BRO, I HAZ RAYGUN... MARK II

I think Jay pointed out the biggest issue - 3 round burst.

Ray Gun has much more damage potential until say round 40, MK2 has much more past 60. In the middle, their use is circumstantial so it's harder to rate.

Past say 70 only the MK2 will do anything, and it's just not worth the bother.

Boomhilda does a better job for both insta kill and the panzer.

When dow the boomhilda stop killing compared to the mark 2? I have killed with the rgm2 in the late 80s but havent gotten that far in origins yet.

I've gotten the Mark 2 in Origins a few times, and was using it late in the 60's to kill my last few zombies each round. It was taking clips of ammo and did do the job eventually. Boomhilda stops being a 1-hit around 50 and by the time you reach the 60's it seems much weaker, but that may just be me.

Mark 2 > Boomhilda.

• 1 month later...