"Black Ops 3" Zombies Time Frame

What's up guys,

Hope you're all good,

We've recently been looking over the Origins end cut scene to see if we missed anything at all,

Taking a closer look at the posters on Samantha's bedroom walls we see a poster which looks like an attack helicopter,

The first attack helicopter was first flown in 1966,

Midway through the cut scene we hear Dr Maxis telling Samantha and Eddie to lock the windows before coming down to the basement and the sound of an air raid siren in the background, This is clearly inserted to make us believe this is in the World War 2 era, ( How could we be in World War 2 if there is an attack helicopter on the wall?? )

These siren's have also been used to warn people of tornadoes but more interestingly nuclear attacks.

I don't believe all the story line in the past 16 Zombies maps we have been playing for the past 5 years has been nothing more than Samantha in her bedroom with a bunch of toys,

In the story line we find out that the MDT is capable of time travel. During World War 2 we all know the Nazi's were up to some crazy shit, trying to create devices to bend space and time, Could the MDT on Samantha's bedroom floor be based on the real thing and if so doesn't this open up a world of possibilities of what time frame we are going to be playing in next November when the next installment gets released??

I've probably missed out quite a lot of stuff I wanted to say in this post but it's pretty late here at the moment,

Let me know what you guys think anyway,

Thanks for reading,

Ben & Joe

CodeNamePizza

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More evidence to show the cutscene isn't actually about a game, but is actually the aether, and you're seeing the world through the eye's of how same sees the world: As her own personal plaything... She may think that she's in WW2 still, and small details like that she glances over, we notice them, but she only sees the "fun" aspect, as all kids do...

• 4 weeks later...

Well forgetting the whole playing with dolls thing, each game's first zombies map takes place in the same time period as the campaign, and then works from there. For example all world at war maps are in WWII era. Kino, five, and ascension take place during the 60s, like the campaign. However as black ops DLC progressed it worked forward into the future. In black ops 2 we start out in 2025 (or somewhere in the future in that general area.) just like the campaign. MotD and Origins mixed that up a bit of course, but whatever.

So this begs the question: when will the BO3 campaign be set? Presumably not too far in the future past BOII. Maybe a direct continuation. In that case we might get closure from the N4.

Of course it could just begin an entirely new story with new characters, in which case zombies could be in any timeframe.

I'm leaning towards it taking place mainly just after the N4 pressed the button. We could close up that door and proceed to open another.

Personally I would Like to have a time period long after the nukes in a post-apocalyptic World where zombies have been forgoten... Parts of the world have been sealed off for containment of massive rift-spike where the universe is breaking its own laws... Floating city's, schools dedicated to the few geniouses that survived... The feeling returning that zombies are NOT ment to be here but do what they want either way.... Germany a dominant superpower alongside America china and the united kingdoms... All is find and dandy until some unfortunate event comes forth....

I know you've seen this EJ but I've updated it recently, hope you both like it! :D

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=36407

For example all world at war maps are in WWII era. Kino, five, and ascension take place during the 60s

Incorrect. :P

Kino is set in the 40's* as it was supposed to be in WAW's Map Pack 4 which was cancelled due to MW2's release date so Kino was moved to Black Ops.

*: The Nazi flags are also proof enough of Kino being set in the 40's.

For example all world at war maps are in WWII era. Kino, five, and ascension take place during the 60s

Incorrect. :P

Kino is set in the 40's* as it was supposed to be in WAW's Map Pack 4 which was cancelled due to MW2's release date so Kino was moved to Black Ops.

*: The Nazi flags are also proof enough of Kino being set in the 40's.

But they time traveled forward from Der Riese to kino. I thought all the flags were just left there since WWII. Would you bother breaking into a cinema filled with zombies just to update the decorations? Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Edit: I knew about the WAW map pack 4 switch-up. Just because it was going to be in WaW doesn't mean it couldn't have changed up time periods. Look at call of the dead. It takes place in 2011. Time travel throws some major curve-balls directly into the faces of the zombies community. Even if kino was in WaW it could still take place in a different time period, which I really think it does.

The theater in Kino is seriously dilapidated, which itself partially confirms that it is some time since it was in proper use, but that aside, the loading screen confirms that it is AT LEAST set after 1950.

MMX's time frame seems to be the one that most people believe it to be though. Not sure how accurate the Kino map on WaW was compared to the BO1 version, and what time frame they planned on using originally.

Still... that is something we will likely never find out.

Also we know that the crew didn't time travel from kino to ascension. And we know ascension takes place during the Kennedy presidency. So kino must be set shortly before the events of ascension and "five."

So now that we have a confirmation (or as close to a conversation as we are likely to get) about the zombies / campaign timeframe relationship, we still need to figure out when BO3 will be set.

So now that we have a confirmation (or as close to a conversation as we are likely to get) about the zombies / campaign timeframe relationship, we still need to figure out when BO3 will be set.

Well... I have heard of a possible time frame and setting for the next zombie outing through one of PTG's videos, but would rather not discuss it on here to be honest.

If you want to see it yourself though, it is the Terra Obliviónis Part 2 video he put up.

They're certainly not moving backwards, all kids care to think about now is what futuristic weapon can they use NOW to kill their freinds...

In theory they COULD traverse back into the older days with more dynamic maps, but even on paper that seems unlikely....

SO! With that said, I believe it's clear where COD BO3 will be held, the only question now is will it be apocalyptic, steam-punk, Diesel-Punk, Space-age, or Modern type of future...

Personally I would go APE SHIZ for a steam-punk call of duty! :D

Well... I have heard of a possible time frame and setting for the next zombie outing through one of PTG's videos, but would rather not discuss it on here to be honest.

If you want to see it yourself though, it is the Terra Obliviónis Part 2 video he put up.

:evil:

Even so.... What that excuse for a man says can't be trusted, he isn't always right, and I'm 99% sure preparation for COD 11 (or COD 12 if those pesky rumors are true) didn't start until the release of ghosts, or at least Origins.... But defiantly NOT during the MOTD release era....

Kino's date comes from the Fernsehturm outside.

Also we know that the crew didn't time travel from kino to ascension. And we know ascension takes place during the Kennedy presidency. So kino must be set shortly before the events of ascension and "five."

Incorrect. Kino -> Later 1968-Early 1969. Ascension/"Five" -> November 7, 1963.

1968/9 -> 1963

Time travel.

Even so.... What that excuse for a man says can't be trusted, he isn't always right

Man... I hear you on that one.

I watched a really old PTG video, and he said he got his leaked info passed to him from someone at Activision, so that would explain how he get's to know certain stuff early.

Either way... I hope he IS wrong with this one, as from what he said in the video, it does NOT sound that appealing.

1968/9 -> 1963

Time travel.

The more you know. ;) anyway my point still stands, but we're still no nearer to finding out the BO3 timeframe.

You all know I'm a nice guy, and I would never bash on someone unjustly. Still, having said that, PTG can go die in a hole. Let's leave those fools out of this.

We should start referring to PTG as "He who must not be named."

1968/9 -> 1963

Time travel.

Even "FIVE" is historically inaccurate.

In the Pack-a-Punch room there is a board that has "Operation Cedar Falls" plan.

Op Cedar Falls took place in Vietnam between January 8–26, 1967. This board is also in the campaign missions.

I don't think the next Treyarch COD be will be called Black Ops 3 & I agree with you MMX that Zombies could have a drastic timeframe change. Either go back in time to tell the Ancients story or go further into the future & involve another planet or something. Perhaps both?