Micro Transactions Proof?? Shangri La

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but I'm going to have to guess fake. There have been PLENTY of fakes for BOII where they simply showed the map image in Theater mode and nothing else. For example, the Die Rise in Breslau fake.

Yes, but remember, they were only pictures.

The Earth in the background was moving so if it's fake the only possible way the guy made the video was by modding the game's files.

It's 50% real and 50% fake.

I'd hate to be that guy, but I do I have some criticisms I'd like to share. I REALLY like your intro, but the Machinima stuff kinda ruins it. Are you required by contract to do that, by chance? Also, title is everything. The last thing you want to do is make a misleading title. I wouldn't write "BO2 Zombies Micro Transactions Shangri La !!!" unless I knew 100 percent that Shangri-La is coming back.

On the topic at hand, I'd probably say this is a very well made fake, or someone at Treyarch is about to be axed hard. I'm leaning on fake, personally. As well made as it is (the guy even got the GamerTag a developer's one, that's pretty clever) I believe the map is entitled "Shangri-La" and not "Shangri La". Even though videos are harder to fake, it's definitely possible with today's technology. I'm no expert, but how difficult would it be to overlay a static image over footage?

Edit: Case in point. Here's one of the many, many leaked Die Rise loading screens. 8 months ago, too. Time flies when you're killing freakbags.

GHSfkJUwVwA

Sorry, but I'm going to have to guess fake. There have been PLENTY of fakes for BOII where they simply showed the map image in Theater mode and nothing else. For example, the Die Rise in Breslau fake.

The Earth in the background was moving so if it's fake the only possible way the guy made the video was by modding the game's files.

I was actually referring to the video that Game Changer posted, which was always accompanied with that description of a hillside and the Bus Driver in a mine cart and whatnot.

Anyway, yes, modding the game files is probably what did it. Then they take a video or picture of it off their monitor to make it look like "Hey, look at the quality of this picture! There's no way I could have faked it!"

I'd hate to be that guy, but I do I have some criticisms I'd like to share. I REALLY like your intro, but the Machinima stuff kinda ruins it. Are you required by contract to do that, by chance? Also, title is everything. The last thing you want to do is make a misleading title. I wouldn't write "BO2 Zombies Micro Transactions Shangri La !!!" unless I knew 100 percent that Shangri-La is coming back.

On the topic at hand, I'd probably say this is a very well made fake, or someone at Treyarch is about to be axed hard. I'm leaning on fake, personally. As well made as it is (the guy even got the GamerTag a developer's one, that's pretty clever) I believe the map is entitled "Shangri-La" and not "Shangri La". Even though videos are harder to fake, it's definitely possible with today's technology. I'm no expert, but how difficult would it be to overlay a static image over footage?

Edit: Case in point. Here's one of the many, many leaked Die Rise loading screens. 8 months ago, too. Time flies when you're killing freakbags.

GHSfkJUwVwA

Thanks for the feed back :) ...

We are starting to think it could be faked... due to how easy some of you guys say it is to mod the game ... Also thanks for the comment about the title, We have renamed it to ... BO2 Microtransactions Shangri La Leak??? :D

Thanks Again

Ben & Joe

CodeNamePizza

It isn't easy. That's the point. Someone would have to go out of their way. The only thing is... it is POSSIBLE. Therefore you can't out-rule that it is a fake. This is evidence for pro-maps. The question however is if the evidence is true or not. In a court case, that can make or break the verdict, and it basically boils down to an argument of belief. Belief of legitimacy.

In our day in age, believe none of what you read and half of what you see. How hard is it to overlay a static image on a moving video? Click of a button if you have Nuke, a $5000 dollar program. How hard is it to mod it? Simple button-pressing and scripting, if you have a quality education of the matter.

In the end, the evidence is compelling. Its legitimacy... is not.

Anyway, yes, modding the game files is probably what did it. Then they take a video or picture of it off their monitor to make it look like "Hey, look at the quality of this picture! There's no way I could have faked it!"

Upon futher thinking, has anyone ever modded BO2 textures? I don't think so.

Also he has the GT of a Zombie Dev, who is a skull. I doubt whoever made that video would put that much effort into trolling.

On a more humorous note, Benn Down put a comment on that video.

Someone took it a tad too serious.

XD

• Administrators

I heard he also created zombies mythology. His super cool band rocked so hard that the dead rose from their graves to rage :roll: Ha thanks Nathan that gave me a good laugh this morning. Similar to what MMX had said; I don't believe until it is right in front of me. There are way to many dedicated trollers in the zombies community that there are few sources that I truly trust.

Yeah, it's fake, there's no profit in continuing dlcs when ghosts has come out...,

Speaking of ghosts, IDK why people assume it's going to be a zombies-type Gamemode...

To me it looks to be a Gamemode where you are alone with some freinds in some super huge map, with terrorist coming to find you... You kill terrorist and escape using diffrent methods of escape vehicles, One do which is a relic, not sure if it means A; Anchient secrets relic, B: A really old car/other vehicle, C: A new code-name for a hard-to-find thing that helps you escape...

The more you play the more areas you unlock, the cabin and the city are just two of them... Maybe more through dlc...

It seems to be fun, but IW are in no-way allowed to copy trayarch for their zombie-type Gamemode, simply for copywrite laws and I beleive it also would violate their contract...

Aliens seems a bit far-fetched, but terrorist seems right up their ally...

Talking about contracts, i dont think either of the two developers care about violating copyright laws. Infinity ward had exclusive rights to developing games in modern warfare. Treyarc still made black ops take place with modern warfare. There were lawsuits but they ended up being dropped i believe.

Lol

"Our next case, Call of Duty vs Call of Duty"

Talking about contracts, i dont think either of the two developers care about violating copyright laws. Infinity ward had exclusive rights to developing games in modern warfare. Treyarc still made black ops take place with modern warfare. There were lawsuits but they ended up being dropped i believe.

NONE of the Call of Duty games are "modern", for the word "modern" means current or recent past. Not future. In fact, the only thing ever really modern in Call of Duty was Call of the Dead, for it was 2011 in 2011. Simple technicalities like this is what makes court cases a wash.

NONE of the Call of Duty games are "modern", for the word "modern" means current or recent past. Not future. In fact, the only thing ever really modern in Call of Duty was Call of the Dead, for it was 2011 in 2011. Simple technicalities like this is what makes court cases a wash.

Thats prob exactly why it was dropped. Infinity ward just wanted money.... im glad it was because the release date of bo2 was being threatened to be pushed back.

People think it's going to a zombie-type game mode with aliens because of the achievement tiles and their descriptions. Besides, I'm pretty sure Infinity Ward, the creators of Call of Duty, can pass by some "copyrights".

Wouldn't the first 3 COD's be the ones to make COD? And what's with the """" s? Copyright, is copyright, no in-between... Trayarch gets the epic zombies, Infinity ward gets the better Multiplayer, but in no way would producing a mode like zombies be within the terms, it was trayarch's idea, not IW's, not Activision's, Trayarchs, and when the copyright is claimed, they hold the higher side of the barrel...

But in no way does that not mean they can't have a more story-baced version of the survival mode they had in MW3, that's totally legit, go for it...

If IW does release an alien mode or something like that, how epic would it be for the next trayarch game to take the best of both worlds though? Aliens AND zombies... LOL!

One thing that most people don't quite realize, is that copyrights, are not very effective. They don't protect against almost anything. Trademarks, and such, those are much stronger.

I think... I looked 'em all up one day and did some researching, but that was awhile ago.

Apparently I have an automatic copy right on even this post! Anything. It's just difficult to prove things you don't have legally notorized.

There would be nothing stopping IW from using a round based survival game, unless Treyarch had some damn crafty lawyers.

Hell, even a zombie survival game could probably be tip toed around.

Treyarc still made black ops take place with modern warfare.

Have you ever heard of "The Video Game Universe" [i think it's called that]

Just because COTD takes place during the same timeline MW does, doesn't make it canon. Much like "Five" and the BO1 Campaign for example.

They're different universes, for example David Mason may not exist in the MW universe, neither will Alex, Tank, Richtofen possibly even the events of the Treyarch games never happened*, but in the "Treyarch" universe, Soap may never have existed either and the events of MW1/MW2/MW3 never happened too.

Likeiwse with the zombies universe, the events of BO1's campaign may have never happened.

*I remember seeing on the COD Wiki that Lev Kravchenko was in MW3, alive and well in 2011 BUT in BO2 he is killed in 1986.

Hope I made that clear enough.

The World at War, Black Ops, Black Ops II, and Zombies storyline are inextricably linked together. Peleliu is where Tank was. Steiner is practically a 935 member. Tian is a zombie. Your example doesn't work, Nathan.

I know that. I was just saying that in the zombies universe, the events of BO1 could never have happened.

Unless the zombies were contained [unlikely] sometime between 1945 and 1960.

Don't make me bring the GTA Universes as an example.