Is Extinction the future of codz forum?

What's all this talk of Aliens? There was NEVER any Aliens mentioned in the leaked achievements? I mean there was the picture of a Ghosts logo with 3 slashes around it, but that is stupid evidence to say we're going to get Aliens...

Given the nature of how they altered the "Ghosts" skull, I'd think this is the biggest driving point behind the whole "aliens" thing. I.e. it looks like an Alien, so it is Aliens.

Fire and electric traps? Oh no you didn't, IW.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there some "reliable" source that said the Extinction mode will be just like Zombies. Only with Aliens ?

- Heather

naw, it's all just hear say at the moment.

like I said, it seems to be mostly based on the augmentations to the Ghosts Skull logo. Making it have sharp teeth, seemingly alien.

also - would terrorists run head on into an electric or fire trap? I think not. Certainly not to say that terrorists are smarter then Aliens, but more so - I believe we are dealing with something that would be susceptible to an electric fence possibly because they are not experienced with such a normal thing. Zombies run into traps because, well, they crave blood and that's all they can think of. We have to consider who would be running into a "electric fence" trap.

also the inclusion of "relics" makes it seem along the lines of a "vril device"... if you will ;)

It could be like a real-life electric fence, as we don't have either zombies or aliens in real life, yet electric fences still exist. =_=

see that's what I'm saying. something as stupid as a zombie, or as unfamiliar as an Alien might fall for such things. it's hard for me to believe that a terrorist would run full on into an electric fence.

Wasn't there some "reliable" source that said the Extinction mode will be just like Zombies. Only with Aliens ?

- Heather

like I said, it seems to be mostly based on the augmentations to the Ghosts Skull logo. Making it have sharp teeth, seemingly alien.

also - would terrorists run head on into an electric or fire trap? I think not. Certainly not to say that terrorists are smarter then Aliens, but more so - I believe we are dealing with something that would be susceptible to an electric fence possibly because they are not experienced with such a normal thing. Zombies run into traps because, well, they crave blood and that's all they can think of. We have to consider who would be running into a "electric fence" trap.

also the inclusion of "relics" makes it seem along the lines of a "vril device"... if you will ;)

Because you have never walked into a guardian feild....

It could be like a real-life electric fence, as we don't have either zombies or aliens in real life, yet electric fences still exist. =_=

see that's what I'm saying. something as stupid as a zombie, or as unfamiliar as an Alien might fall for such things. it's hard for me to believe that a terrorist would run full on into an electric fence.

No, I completely disagree.

This is real.

This is NOT.

This is NOT.

In Real Life, electric fences are real. Zombies and aliens are not real. Therefore, saying electric fences cannot exist without aliens or zombies is inherently false. To argue that in any shape or form that electric fences are purposeless against a human threat that dominates real life (where aliens and zombies do not exist) is false.

I don't believe I can make my point any clearer.

Because you have never walked into a guardian feild....

True... but a futuristic weaponized microwave is quite different then an electric fence (an invention utilized since 1905). You can't see microwaves, just like you can't see electricity - BUUUUUT the guardian "field" extends into an external radius, virtually allowing ANYONE to walk into a guardian field. The electric fence is internally charged, and does not have any kind or radius other than direct contact.

I know you were kidding, but yeah, all the same. I can't believe that it would be just the same terrorist survival mode from MW3, except where you are expected to have 40 terrorists run blindly into an electric fence.

In Real Life, electric fences are real. Zombies and aliens are not real. Therefore, saying electric fences cannot exist without aliens or zombies is inherently false.

You are misrepresenting what I am saying. I'm not saying that electric fences can/cannot exist without aliens or zombies. I'm saying that, in response to Naitrax's post asking about why everyone thinks it's aliens, these are the reasons why I believe people immediately jump on the "aliens" bandwagon. I'm looking more at the subconscious behind the hype/rumors, not trying to make a compelling logical case.

I don't believe I can make my point any clearer.

I think you could have given more picture examples as to what aliens and zombies look like. I've never seen them before! :P

That is not true.

it's hard for me to believe that a terrorist would run full on into an electric fence.

You are not detailing rumors nor beliefs of others. You made a post saying electric fences cannot exist without something along the lines of aliens or zombies, and you insert your own personal beliefs.

If you are going to detail the erroneous stupidity that is rumors surrounding a Call of Duty game, make sure to separate them from your own personal beliefs, as nothing good will come of that mistake, for now you have made it clear in one post that the idea is a mere rumor and in another that it is your own belief. Your words are incongruous.

You are not detailing rumors nor beliefs of others. You made a post saying electric fences cannot exist without something along the lines of aliens or zombies, and you insert your own personal beliefs.

If you would like to continue this discussion with me in a PM, then go for it. I've said my piece, you can interpret it however you want. I won't have this thread turn into a debate about a debate.

I am just giving you a warning about how to present yourself. Publicly calling your own belief a bandwagon rumor is inadvisable, especially about something so trivial. You might want to consider making motions to avoid such action in the future.

There is nothing that indicates this mode will be anything really, aliens, zombies, terrorists, or otherwise. Rumors only cause turmoil. So it is purposeless to worry about them. Don't waste your breath.

Really hoping that this mode will be made into something truly special.

I need another reason besides the Campaign to even possibly consider purchasing Ghosts for the outrageous PC price of $80.

- Heather

$80?! In my area, it's only $60. I can't even begin to imagine spending that much on a Regular Edition of the game, let alone a CoD game!

- I wish I had a cool name to put here

$80?! In my area, it's only $60. I can't even begin to imagine spending that much on a Regular Edition of the game, let alone a CoD game!

- gamechanger ;)

It hurts even more to see other upcoming games like Arkham Origins at € 45 euros (62 dollars) and AC IV at €49 (68 dollars). (Ghosts is €60)

And as if that wasn't enough we also know how Activision treats their PC ports. *shivers*

- Heather

• Tech Admin

What's all this talk of Aliens? There was NEVER any Aliens mentioned in the leaked achievements? I mean there was the picture of a Ghosts logo with 3 slashes around it, but that is stupid evidence to say we're going to get Aliens...

Given the nature of how they altered the "Ghosts" skull, I'd think this is the biggest driving point behind the whole "aliens" thing. I.e. it looks like an Alien, so it is Aliens.

Fire and electric traps? Oh no you didn't, IW.

How "aliens" has come into the equation is anyone's guess. Probably a 12 year old kid currently going through puberty, who seen the images for the achievements and c**e in his pants and thought "alien zombie mode" and his hordes of YouTube followers believe him.

I think it's an additional game mode but I don't think it's even based closely to Zombie's. It would appear to me, to be a game mode that will be played on the multiplayer maps or similar to the multiplayer maps.

People just see what they want to see and make assumptions based on that, no evidence exists either way and from the achievements leaked. You "cannot" come to the conclusion a game mode similar to Zombies is on the cards.

- Heather

There does seem to be an awful lot of assuming the mode will suck based on previous dislike of IW games.

I would just recommend at least waiting until the game is released and we know what the hell its all about before the hate.

Here's why I say that. Games copy off each other all the time. Treyarch has the blueprint of an extremely fun and addicting game mode. IW has made some very successful games. Obviously whether or not you agree, they make a product that appeals to a large amount of people. Who's to say that IW can't take the zombies blueprint, and innovate and come up with a different game mode that is fun and addictive.

This would be good for zombies in the way that many IW loyalists will not buy the treyarch cods nor try zombies because it's not IW. Well what if they play extinction and love it, and next time treyarch makes a game and they see zombies they say "hey, maybe ill give this a chance"

in closing. zombies is the future of this forum, but why can't there be discussion and strategizing about a different game in a subforum here? I see no reason why not, other than there tends to be some deep anti-IW sentiment around these parts

• Tech Admin

I see no reason why not, other than there tends to be some deep anti-IW sentiment around these parts

I'll be honest and say I haven't noticed this anti IW sentiment, they have produced good COD games and the parent company (Activision) shafted them a while back. I have a lot of time and respect for those than hung about IW - the only person who I have little time for from IW is FourZeroTwo.

He is or was the public relations officer or something along those lines, he actually reminded me a lot of the Iraqi information minister Comical Ali. In that you couldn't trust a word that came out of his mouth and most of what he did come out with, was laughable. He's so far up his own @rs3 it's unreal (that's my view of him anyway).

No one can deny, MW and MW2 both represented a good advancement in the COD game - the tend to through out some superb multiplayer maps (Afghan being one of my favourites).

As for this new "game mode" lets just wait and see what the bring, everything else until then is pure speculation unless definitive proof is supplied.

Just curious, but it seems as though the only real premise for this debate is not so much for the title of the game mode "extinction" which was featured during the squads mode gameplay, but rather for the leaked achievements list...which was then followed by "supposed" or "rumored" secret achievements.

Now i understand that rumors are okay to speculate on, but doesn't this site have a strict non-exception policy on discussing leaked information. in other words why are people talking about a supposed alien mode when its sole existence as an idea is because leaked information.

Also in relation to the actual concept itself, nothing has lead to the idea or notion that aliens will be in the game aside from the secret achievements that have supposedly been uncovered. Just me but I feel as though the secret achievments could be anything, and someone thought it would be good fun to make detailed acievements/pictures just to troll...just saying there is honestly no reason to believe aliens will be in the cod title...

Yeah this seems to be more of a tower-offensive game then a tower defrence game like zombies....

The create-a-class system seems to be the main thing here, and it appears we will be seeing character-less soilders for control and maybe some other characters we meet along the way...

Yeah... it pretty much looks like Survival Mode from MW3 but with aliens as the enemy.

From what I have seen, it looks nothing like zombies. Not even remotely similar. I also don't think it is round based, but more wave based.

Does not look very appealing at the moment, but time will tell. I don't think it is going to be the future of the forum though.