Is Extinction the future of codz forum?

Stop with the aliens. People won't stop saying it. Personaly I think the idea of aliens is stupid. Very stupid.I think it's a great idea, and I certainly enjoyed survival. Sometimes it's fun when they shoot back :D . it sounds fun. Based on the acheivments, it sounds like a lot of fun. Rushing to the lz with tons of enemies waiting for you. Sounds fun.

All of the evidence so far points to aliens, or at least some sort of creatures. Not to mention that back in the days of pre-MW2, there were a lot of rumours going around that due to the success of World at War's Nazi Zombie mode, IW would include something similar in the form of an "Alien Terrorist" mode. Of course, this never came into fruition in MW2, but it is possible that IW is expanding off of this idea, akin to Nuketown Zombies.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop with the aliens. People won't stop saying it. Personaly I think the idea of aliens is stupid. Very stupid.I think it's a great idea, and I certainly enjoyed survival. Sometimes it's fun when they shoot back :D . it sounds fun. Based on the acheivments, it sounds like a lot of fun. Rushing to the lz with tons of enemies waiting for you. Sounds fun.

All of the evidence so far points to aliens, or at least some sort of creatures. Not to mention that back in the days of pre-MW2, there were a lot of rumours going around that due to the success of World at War's Nazi Zombie mode, IW would include something similar in the form of an "Alien Terrorist" mode. Of course, this never came into fruition in MW2, but it is possible that IW is expanding off of this idea, akin to Nuketown Zombies.

Im not saying it's aliens but...

I think alot of the zombie mistique was from not knowing about a zombie mode at first.. Remember playing WaW.. Finishing the solo campaign.. then Boom, here you are in an abandoned building on an air field with these crazy looking zombie creatures breaking in to get you?? Holy crap.. Nice surprise..

Extinction doesn't sound like much of a surprise to me.

Im hoping its aliens or something new.We dont need more survival,we have survival in mw3.I like it,but its not so amazing as to need to be continued. :)

Well yeah, but think of how they could expand it!

-Open world gameplay (remember this is in a post-apocaliptic earth with tons of vegetation. )

-Collect the weapons and amo from fallen solders.

-Moving from city to forest area in a matter of minutes

-Care packages to deliver weapons

-Free to travel with or outside your team to take down terrorist

Typically it's zombies that shoot at you, along with a stealth factor and more multiplayer-y... :)

To simply give us another zombies type mode would be boring, as it's been done 3 times before...

Im not saying it's aliens but...

Lololol. Very funny. And you are right, there is an involvement of creatres. But akliens seems like as halo thing.

I haven't read the other comments but I'd just like to point out that storyline is completely unnecessary for a game to be good.

Nazi Zombies never had a storyline originally, the storyline was introduced later when it became popular and the fans started making up parts of the backstory themselves. That's why Nacht der Untoten has absolutely no connection the zombies story as we know it today.

Lololol. Very funny. And you are right, there is an involvement of creatres. But akliens seems like as halo thing.

Like I said, I believe that if it does has something to do with aliens, it's most likely because of the rumours about the "Alien Terrorist" mode prior to MW2. Treyarch did something similar with Nuketown Zombies, after all.

Like I said, I believe that if it does has something to do with aliens, it's most likely because of the rumours about the "Alien Terrorist" mode prior to MW2. Treyarch did something similar with Nuketown Zombies, after all.

true but i just hope that extinction is similar to zombies because i cant stand a year of playing zombies

true but i just hope that extinction is similar to zombies because i cant stand a year of playing zombies

Things are eleven times better when you can't always have new ones! ;) I'd much rather have my zombies-off season AKA: Save cash for next COD zombies because I'm dirt-poor season, spent watching a diffrent, but hugely similar game...

Things I would like to see:

-Progression maps: The more you play the further you go....

-Online match: 2-8 players vs the horde

-Multiple types of enemys: Goons, pilots, suicide bombers, and maybe some wildlife as well, like bears and sharks if there's a water portion... Maybe a super secret alien enemy?

-Armed Enemy's can shoot you: You are both the hunter and the hunted...

-Escaping is actually a term for evading an area after being found by a group of 3 or more terrorist

-Custom classes available through the computer systems like in survival MW3... Acheive XP over time to unlock more things! :)

-Interactive environments

hey guys

with the addition of enxinction mode in Cod;ghosts due you think that it will affect codz forum? personally i'm looking very forward to it as it gives infinity ward a chance to win us over with a zombie like gamemode but with aliens instead. however i have a feeling that if they don't include an amazing backstory as to how the aliens got to earth then it will pretty much be a MASSIVE fail as without a proper story a game cannot be suuccessful

annyways what are your thoughts

regards z0m3ie slaya

before anything, the game mode has to be fun. If the gameplay of the mode itself sucks, then nothing will come of it. The only reason there is an extensive zombies story is because of how fun and popular the mini game was that it started out as.

If they have somehow come up with an extremely fun game mode that is not a carbon copy of zombies, something might come of it. its all speculative at this point

Zombies is the future of CoD:Z Forum.

One-off copies are nothing but that.

Remember "chaos" mode in MW3? With the "perks"? Yeah.

Personally, I don't think it's going to be called "Extinction"...

It's ACTUALLY going to be called:

"WIZARD ALIEN TERRORISTS SPONSORED BY DORITOS, MOUNTAIN DEW, AND DIABETES!"

Here's the promo art, furreals:

• Administrators

Here's the promo art, furreals:

That's love right there.

I kind of expect for Exctinction to be short waves versus how the rounds transition in Zombies. And from what people have been saying about the additions in it, it doesn't sound like there will be much for objectives aside surviving or escaping. Even so, I don't particularly like "escaping" from endless hordes.

^^^ :lol:

CodZ is the future of CodZ.Plain and simple.Nothing will replace zombies.Unless it doesnt come back,then maybe.But dont say that.Dont EVER say that. :cry:

Storyline's too fudged to quit now...

Series rule number one: ALWAYS leave on a high note!

Also to answer your question, you've had this conversation 42 times, the next go around will be in a universe two and three will be switched so you actually will be having this conversation a 42nd time again next universe...

OMG I JUST RELISED SOMETHING!

i have just seen the launch trailer and it shows a pack of hungry looking wolves also a person above said something to do with creatures....maybe we are survivng against packs of ferocious wolves!?

It's part of the campaign.

yes i know that but what if they carried the idea across anyhow i realised that i got caught up in the moment and that the idea of fighting against wolves is quite frankly crazy :lol:

• Administrators

yes i know that but what if they carried the idea across anyhow i realised that i got caught up in the moment and that the idea of fighting against wolves is quite frankly crazy :lol:

I wouldn't consider it crazy. We've killed monkeys and dogs, but that's not stopping us. It's just that it doesn't seem like wolves from the campaign mode would be injected into another mode involving aliens and escaping, unless it were to come as some form of reward.

I wouldn't consider it crazy. We've killed monkeys and dogs, but that's not stopping us. It's just that it doesn't seem like wolves from the campaign mode would be injected into another mode involving aliens and escaping, unless it were to come as some form of reward.

"special reward:upon achieving 100 kills the player will be granted a pack of wolves that will kill all aliens in sight"-i can just imagine mark rubin come up with something crazy like that