Is Extinction the future of codz forum?

hey guys

with the addition of enxinction mode in Cod;ghosts due you think that it will affect codz forum? personally i'm looking very forward to it as it gives infinity ward a chance to win us over with a zombie like gamemode but with aliens instead. however i have a feeling that if they don't include an amazing backstory as to how the aliens got to earth then it will pretty much be a MASSIVE fail as without a proper story a game cannot be suuccessful

annyways what are your thoughts

regards z0m3ie slaya

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I will be waiting to see others game play after the release. I don't want to make a sixty dollar investment on a sub par knock off. Nor do I want to get my hopes up. So for now I'll shall just wait and see. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us!

I'm gonna keep an eye on this. IF it really is all that Alien stuff, I wonder how it will all go, the mechanics, the story (if any).

The Ray Gun would really fit in here if it's Aliens. I wonder if Treyarch would let Infinity Ward use the Ray Gun model, or a tweaked version? I know they share weapon resources like models, sounds and animations sometimes.

I'm on the fence honestly. I want it to be like IW's version of Zombies, but I don't at the same time.

Does it deserve its own sub-forum? Possible. Will it meet up to the expectations that Zombies gave us? I highly doubt it.

We will see.

Yea i meant my comment as kind of a jab at the mini game when calling it a sub-par game lol.

And we have a section for mw3, i dont think the site has a problem with associating itself with games that are bad ( :lol: jk ;) )

But being serious, We could possibly just put a cod ghost section under infinity ward and then aliens under that. If it gets better, then it could possibly have its on subsection

I'm really looking forward to this game mode, if it is what the rumours say it is. I don't know why people have a feeling it is going to be sub-par, though. I can definitely see it being a good game mode if they make it right.

Will it live up to Zombies? I don't know. I want it to, but there are already people claiming IW is just copying Treyarch without even knowing for sure what Extinction is.

I'm really looking forward to this game mode, if it is what the rumours say it is. I don't know why people have a feeling it is going to be sub-par, though. I can definitely see it being a good game mode if they make it right.

Will it live up to Zombies? I don't know. I want it to, but there are already people claiming IW is just copying Treyarch without even knowing for sure what Extinction is.

We think its going to be subpar because every minigame that infinity ward makes is sub-par

Step 1 for IW to make a good mode like Zombies:

Don't reuse your Multiplayer maps as the survival maps.

I'd hate to play Devil's Advocate here, but Zombies mode started off using maps from SP/MP and even used the exact same models from Single Player for the playable characters, but I do realize your point.

I'm not really holding high hopes for Extinction, but maybe it'll surprise us. I doubt it's going to have 4 stereotypes of nationalities of aliens, with someone singing us music when we activate 3 mini-UFOs, but maybe it'll be fun.

EDIT: I accidentally messed word badly

No. Treyarch used multiplayer maps as a based but they always heavily edited and changed them. They never just left them as they were. Nacht der Untoten is very different from Airfield. Quarry-Asian-Modern-Terror-Place-Field-23-MW3 is nearly exactly the same as Quarry-Asian-Modern-Terror-Place-Field-23-MW3-Survival

^^^this.Personally,I think itll be interesting.Well see what happens. :)

I'm on the fence. On one side idiocy ward obviously made better cod mp than trollarch, but iw's side games have been meh (bo2 was a decent cod game, not bashing this one).

Yes, mw3 was bad, but after bo1, it was excellent by comparison.

Now iw is finally adding bots to their game, and a new mode. I'm so done with cod that i may not buy it, but if this new mode is great, that will swing me.

After bo1, i almost swore off buying trolarch's failed cod games. Add in the fact that this one is even named after that last horrendous fecal pile, and I'm surprised anyone bought it. But this game turned out well. I loved some of the map design of bo1 zombies, but i much prefer the game design of bo2 over it.

So maybe after the flop of mw3, they are ready to make another mw2. Only time will tell.

Side note: whomever designed the in-game maps for mw2 needs to get his job back, or his mojo back. After playing around in mw2 yesterday, i remembered just how bad cod maps have been on these last 3 cod games.

• Tech Admin

To be honest I'm sick to the back teeth with COD, I've purchased COD because the mates are getting. It took me 4 months of being harassed to prestige, just didn't see the point.

However, Zombie game mode is completely different. I'm only buying future COD titles for this reason. COD has been in the disc tray for nearly a year and it's about to come out when I buy GTA. I'm only going buy ghosts "if" extinction is a mode similar to zombies and it will be for the Xbox One.

Otherwise, no COD purchases until the next Treyarch release and only if it has Zombies.

This is the first I've heard about this "Extinction" mode. Don't really care much for the IW games but I will say this:

You can't really blame them for trying something down that road. It likely won't come close to what we come to enjoy as zombies, but I gotta say, a complete change of pace on a clean slate could be pretty refreshing. Something totally different and new from what we are used to.

I just already see a lot of this "WTF were they thinking? This is nothing like zombies!" type posts and criticism happening if this really does come to past. Well... I hope it's really NOT. I want them to be as original as possible with the whole idea.

Stop with the aliens. People won't stop saying it. Personaly I think the idea of aliens is stupid. Very stupid.I think it's a great idea, and I certainly enjoyed survival. Sometimes it's fun when they shoot back :D . it sounds fun. Based on the acheivments, it sounds like a lot of fun. Rushing to the lz with tons of enemies waiting for you. Sounds fun.