7 perks round 1 without buying them: limits?

How's that for a title? I wasn't sure how to phrase it...

Anyway. I was just posting in the unofficial buried reference thread about getting all 7 perks without buying any, using the known parameters of the game in excess.

I had never really thought about it until a few days ago and with Origins taking its time torturing my thumbs, i haven't had a chance to actually prove its validity.

So, has anyone achieved all 7 perks without purchasing them directly (it still costs you points, but this is academic)?

I have made several max ammos in a round, so the 7 needed should not be an issue.

Or does anyone know of a max ammo per round or perk bottle (from witches) per round limit that i am unaware of? Obviously 7 is the max number of perks, but you know what i mean; concerning witch drops.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't you pull out some bank money, get a time bomb, get perks x2 FROM THE HOUSE and repeat? And then do the bullseye thing?

edit: sorry for 2x post

Of course you could. That's the normal way this is just academic (a thought problem, albeit solvable).

Just wondering if it's been done.

You would never need to free the big guy...

Edit: i may not have completely understood this the first read. If i do the perk trick twice, the free perks are used up, you must always drop a tb before killing the witches or the whole loop ends.

Technically, killing them behind the house at all is unnecessary. One could go through the house while the other (2 person game, let's say) stays at town, babysits whatever witch comes to them. The first play trains the witch back to town, drop tb, kill witches, get perk, and then starts to loop max ammos. The witches would have to wait until another tb was in hand.

The idea is to not purchase any perk from its machine. It's a challenge albeit it a fairly easy one.

Normally, solo, one can use tb to obtain 2 free perks (after buying 4) from the witches, then pap the bk and head back for that 7th. This is different as no perks are purchased, all must be witch-granted. Leaving the bk/dart board trick out of the equation as well.

• 3 months later...

I don't know why i wrote that you would never need to free the big guy. You would, to do the tb/bank infinite max ammo bit.

Rd1, kill all but 1 z. Get tb (restart if needed).

Go to bank, get fat cash from bank/tb trick.

Use candy, big guy, bank drop to get another max ammo.

Go through house while friend stays in town. Lead witches to town for friend to babysit.

Drop tb, kill witches, get perk. Use tb. New witches spawn, friend babysits them.

Use candy, bank drop, big guy until you get another max ammo. Then keep repeating this part: drop tb, kill witches, get perk, use tb. Bank, bg, candy into max ammo>>> until you have 7 perks without buying any from machines.

No point, just something academic to achieve.

Unless they changed it recently, this does still work. Just there is no reason to do it. Buying a few and getting a few free is easy. What i have proposed is silly, but doable. Every tb resets the witches back to 'give up perk bottle' everybody does it twice already, I'm just saying how to keep doing it until you get all 7 for 'free'.

Edit: everyone does it twice because of 1 tb. The trick is to not kill the witches the second time, after the first tb. Just lead them to town to be babysat instead. Then you do the candy/big guy/bank drop trick until you get max ammo (and therefor another tb). Drop the tb, kill the witches, use tb. Now you are up 2 perks, and still have the original witches after you. Now repeat the babysit/ bank trick for another max ammo. And just keep doing that.

So, again, unless there was a patch in Dec or Jan...this works.

• 3 months later...