Pap'd and nonpap'd guns, buying ammo question.

I have been waiting to try this, but never found myself needing ammo while it was pertinent.

If you have an stg44 AND a Spatzz-447 and you buy ammo, do you;

Get ammo for both? And what price?

Get ammo for whichever is currently in hand?

Inquiring minds want to know (if you have the answer).

Thanks. I posted here, rather than general, because i can't, at the moment, think of it happening in another map.

How it happens: have Spatzz, unearth stg with golden shovel. Have stg, get spatzz from 115 headshots.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay to answer your question my educated guess is you will refill ammo on the gun that is equipped.

Last time I checked, getting a Mouser off the ground removes Boomhilda from my inventory and leaves me with a mouser only. I could be wrong but you could lose your upgraded gun, perhaps add that as a third option :)

Odd. Did you swap the bh for the Mauser? Or did you swap another gun and your bh disappeared?

I could definitely hold both at once without issues, regarding the stg and spatzz.

I think that was the problem. I had Boomhilda equipped. And I dug a mauser off the ground and I took it. So, It replaced my existing gun with this. I see your point.

Odd. Did you swap the bh for the Mauser? Or did you swap another gun and your bh disappeared?

I could definitely hold both at once without issues, regarding the stg and spatzz.

I think that was the problem. I had Boomhilda equipped. And I dug a mauser off the ground and I took it. So, It replaced my existing gun with this. I see your point.

Gotcha.

I almost did that. I think i recall you telling that story: that you thought it would give you ammo, but no.

I almost did, but thought about it and passed on the idea, only to read someone's (your?) Post the next day and thought 'i dodged a bullet there'. :)

Gotcha.

I almost did that. I think i recall you telling that story: that you thought it would give you ammo, but no.

I almost did, but thought about it and passed on the idea, only to read someone's (your?) Post the next day and thought 'i dodged a bullet there'. :)

Haha, that's good. Now I learned that it is possible to have two similar guns.

I have heard here that if you pap the second, you cannot take it from the pap machine.

In snn (waw at least, not sure about bo1) if you hit the box, got the Thompson, you could buy the wall Thompson (by the box start location), grab the box one in your other gun slot...and be permanently stuck with one gun.

I think one of the other maps had a 1 gun glitch like that/random info.

• Administrators

Once you upgrade second mauser it will replace your current if you pick it up from PaP. This seems very glitchy. I would imagine that you would lose a gun. I doubt the game would allow a two-fer; as I don't think it would be able to register two prices. Do you pick up both STG and Spatzz often? BTW I like the weird scenarios you have been bringing to the forum ;)

It's similar to the Acid Gat / Sweeper / Vitriolic in MotD.. I had the Vitriolic.. Got the free blundergat.. Put the acid on it.. Had acid gat and Vitriolic.. Upgraded the standard acid gat, when I picked up it, it just refilled the ammo in the Vitriolic I had.. And now I only had one gun.. Same here..

Once you upgrade second mauser it will replace your current if you pick it up from PaP. This seems very glitchy. I would imagine that you would lose a gun. I doubt the game would allow a two-fer; as I don't think it would be able to register two prices. Do you pick up both STG and Spatzz often? BTW I like the weird scenarios you have been bringing to the forum ;)

Thanks bby and ourobos.

I think ourobos gave me the answer.

@bby, yes, i brain storm strange things. I usually dig for most weapons, rarely hit the box. That coupled with the 115 headshots usually giving me the spatz-447, i end up getting a Spatz and then digging up an stg. Sometimes I buy the stg, and then get the Spatz from headshots. Or even pap an Stg, then dig one up.

So, yes, i have actually been in that scenario a few times, but never had ammo issues before switching something out.

Ok now how about this:

You have an STG and a SpatZz AND a mule kick weapon, equipped with the mule kick weapon, you buy the stg amo...

Does it refill your upgraded gun or your normal gun? Or neither?

(crazy betty sounds from kung pow).

Headsplosion.

Must keep this in mind...

(btw, i don't know why i was adding an extra z, it's Spatz-447).