Safe spawn abuse

Chopper

Hey guys. Not seen footage like this anywhere else. I made these 2 videos to show a few friends what I was doing.

13-15 seconds per shot, can kill up to 36 per shot.

Round 67 isn't the best example, but it was to show how I handle insta kill and panzer.

69 is much smoother as the previous 15 rounds or so was fine tuning it.

The videos are unlisted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar4HAfx7hTY

Ar4HAfx7hTY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2J79d_lilw

O2J79d_lilw

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Eye. I'm on 79 mate, at the start of the round with no ammo in anything.

Paused for an hour or two. I still have the ammo in the box but I have plans for some video and I want to make the entire wind staff during during a high round. Craft, puzzles and ultimate in the 80s mid round.

Made a huge mistake last round and shoot a single bullet then 6 straight after, which ultimately costs 2 3 shots. I needed those 2 shots at the beginning of this one to get my precious ammo.

I've made an educated guess that ammo comes every other round.....I'm about 90% certain it has happened that way on every 70 plus I have done.

Probably 1 out of every other 2.5 between rounds you get an extra one, I camp that entire round.

I know ammo will come at the start of this round or I can get knights next round so it's either a round of stomps, dig up a new mauser or take the box ammo. I'm not certain that a mauser will even kill 1 on 79.

TAMB. Lost interest in the maps at the time and had some busy stuff going on in my family mate.

Boing, boing, boing, boing, boing....

I really want to try this strategy, seems like a good way to fly through rounds. Those zombies spawn so stinkin' fast!

Would you suggest building & upgrading more than one staff, in case you run out of ammo? Or was that never too much of an issue?

Would you suggest building & upgrading more than one staff, in case you run out of ammo? Or was that never too much of an issue?

Tough question. I don't think there is another map which has more strategic possibilities in it than this one. It's my favourite zombies map by far.

I believe you can use one staff to maybe 87 or 88, if my theory of ammo every other round comes true. You have one ammo in the box, and can always turn a generator or two on to force ammo next round. If you can avoid doing either of these until 80, you are definitely good to get to 85.

TBH, wind staff is pretty much useless. It may help a little, but you can ultimately kill 11 hoards with it. That's like a 1/3 of what the Ice does. And if you get an ammo with it you still have to get the Ice back to make good use of it. If I need to use the wind staff, it's probably time to end the game IMO.

Great find! At what round was the spawn rate fast enough to start kiting around this area? Or can you start there at any round?

Probably from 35 and up you can kinda start it. It will take much more work to round them up, and it's mighty risky.

From 45 it gets safer, and the higher it goes the better. I'm still not 100% sure of maximum spawn speed round but from the mid 60s it really comes into it's own.

From that point on you can judge better how quickly to cut away from the wall to your left shoulder to reverse back. Often you can cut inside a zombie or 3 that is spawning a little further down, so you shave a few seconds off how long it takes to get back.

I'LL add you next time I'm online Chop.

Great vids as always.

Regards Alpha.

Thanks Alpha.

Am I missing something? The wind staff has 60 shots when ultimate. If you use the powered shot it takes 3 bullets. So 60 divided by 3 would kill approximately 20 hoards plus some that spawn in right? Or does it not have the ability to only do the half charge (does it always take 6 shots to kill a horde?)?

And I'm assuming the fire and lightning don't do infinite damage?

I think you are right so my sums are wrong.

I suppose that as a last resort, after having used the box ammo you could take the wind staff.

It's a pain to fill the ice with an ammo but it's just doable.

You might get an extra 2 rounds done which to me isn't worth it.

I'd rather get to round 90 1 staff than even 95 2 staffs.

Great find! At what round was the spawn rate fast enough to start kiting around this area? Or can you start there at any round?

Probably from 35 and up you can kinda start it. It will take much more work to round them up, and it's mighty risky.

From 45 it gets safer, and the higher it goes the better. I'm still not 100% sure of maximum spawn speed round but from the mid 60s it really comes into it's own.

From that point on you can judge better how quickly to cut away from the wall to your left shoulder to reverse back. Often you can cut inside a zombie or 3 that is spawning a little further down, so you shave a few seconds off how long it takes to get back.

Thanks for the info, this seems a quicker strategy than the one at jug, so l will give this a run on the weekend. :)

Is this different than MatoMaster and RelaxingEnd's strategy? Looks the same but maybe I'm missing something.

I do like your grenade usage when instakill is on!

Well I thought Mato camped almost entirely and Relaxing ran in the middle, where the Tank usually stops. I'll ask them when I next speak to them.

Is this different than MatoMaster and RelaxingEnd's strategy? Looks the same but maybe I'm missing something.

I do like your grenade usage when instakill is on!

Well I thought Mato camped almost entirely and Relaxing ran in the middle, where the Tank usually stops. I'll ask them when I next speak to them.

Here's Relaxing doing it a few weeks ago in a speed run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twxfjoIHRfU

And Mato's Round 115 world record run a month ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R438rODevdk

I've watched those videos, and was in a party with Mato for part of that game he was in.

I hadn't personally seen anyone do anything other than camp it. Any running was very different from what I am doing in the video.

From a listed video I posted it seems most people think it's good, whereas 3 or so say Mato ran there, or Relaxing did.

Mato discovered the spot we can say, Relaxing then did something different, as did I.

Sorry mate my reply may have come across a bit aggressive.

On actually watching all of Relaxing and Mato's video they aren't that different to what I do, but I do it quite a bit faster. Up to 7 seconds a hoard faster.

I cut back quite a bit quicker than they do. When Steve streamed his 106 or whatever it was, we were in a party for 2 days. He was the first person I saw do anything like it, but he did it fairly carefully. You don't actually need to go down as far as Mato does, or Relaxing. You can even cut back inside zombies....they will always catch you up.

Even if it's only 4 seconds a hoard, if there are only 20 average hoards per round, from 60 to 100 you are saving close to an hour. That's quite a bit of time :)