The Zombies Storyline: Complicated or poorly written?

During the early WaW days of Zombies, the story generic. A secret Nazi group created and unleashed zombies with 115. But in Black Ops, things got complicated. Time travel and different dimesions. With Bo2, the story got really hard to follow.

It left use with lots of un answered questions

Where did the towers that Rictofen wanted acitvated come from?

Why does Weasel reference Nikolai in MoTD?

What happened to the OG4 on Moon?

How did Samantha get to Agartha from Rictofen's body?

How are the OG4 and Maxis old in WW1, when they looked young in WW2?

How is Samantha in WW1? Who is she exactly?

How did Maxis die in WW1, but a radio says he died on Moon?

Where did Weasel go after he broke the cycle?

Where did the OG4 go after they freed Samantha?

Why is 115 blue in Origins?

Is The Rift a portal to the dimensions?

What happened to the CoTD crew?

How did the OG4 get from Kino to Ascension?

Is the whole storyline a time loop?

This could be complicted, involving time loops, aliens, dimensional beings, and satan. Or could be just poorly written.

What do you think?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up TIL tranzit everything made perfect sense...

Even nuketown was understandable... but with tranzit's and die rise's and buried's time-loops everything got a little eh... Horrible... But MOTD's storyline was grand! Perfectly executed!

And then... There's origins... The ULTIMATE middle finger to the storyline... Infact, the only way any of the story makes sense is if origins is set in an alternate universe where none of these things exist! That's INSTANTLY horrible....

Then the characters, it seems all characters are equally respected and liked up TIL tranzit (see a pattern here?) then with the introduction of whiny, complaining characters like stu and marelton and the 10-year-old perverts looking at misty, and unfunny jokes from ALL FOUR characters... They died a bit...

In buried they got a bit better with more quotes breaking the fourth wall: "Dang it I hit my stupid head on a stupid invisible wall...."

Even nuketown was understandable... but with tranzit's and die rise's and buried's time-loops everything got a little eh... Horrible... But MOTD's storyline was grand! Perfectly executed!

And then... There's origins... The ULTIMATE middle finger to the storyline... Infact, the only way any of the story makes sense is if origins is set in an alternate universe where none of these things exist! That's INSTANTLY horrible....

Then the characters, it seems all characters are equally respected and liked up TIL tranzit (see a pattern here?) then with the introduction of whiny, complaining characters like stu and marelton and the 10-year-old perverts looking at misty, and unfunny jokes from ALL FOUR characters... They died a bit...

In buried they got a bit better with more quotes breaking the fourth wall: "Dang it I hit my stupid head on a stupid invisible wall...."

Is that a fourth wall quote or are our characters just trapped in this location?

honestly,i think its just complicated. i believe its either a cycle or something else. maybe origins shows the shape of things to come. samatha may be a being long ago to warn humanity what is coming,but was trapped by satan. i dont know,but we cant count origins non canon unless if there is overwhelming evidence or treyarch says it non related.

don't doubt possibility,it has a way of biting you in the arse :mrgreen:

honestly,i think its just complicated. i believe its either a cycle or something else. maybe origins shows the shape of things to come. samatha may be a being long ago to warn humanity what is coming,but was trapped by satan. i dont know,but we cant count origins non canon unless if there is overwhelming evidence or treyarch says it non related.

don't doubt possibility,it has a way of biting you in the arse :mrgreen:

No, the storyline WAS complicated... Now it's jacked up...

THe difference between complicated and jacked is that complicated IS solvable through mass amounts of research and facts given to us.... Jacked does not...

Alright.... Where do I start here. Alright, I'll start with the story making sense up until Green Run. It still made sense. Earth ruined because moon missiles, rag tag group of survivors somehow survived, Richtofen/Maxis have a plot to do something and they need our help. What more information do you want, because that is all there is to it in Black Ops 2. Wanna know where the O4 went? No, because it's not relevant to what's going on.

So, we didn't like the characters..... Well, you know what? I did. For quite a few reasons. First off, they were a nice fresh breath from walking nationality stereoptypes. Now they were cultural stereotypes. I like this, and I like it a lot. It was nice. Not EVERY character, believe it or not, has to be a badass all the time. But more importantly, we didn't like them because they didn't have a story to them, or at least that's what it seemed until Buried. As soon as we had a bit of story to the characters, we LOVED them instantly. And ten year old perverts staring at Misty? Please tell me you weren't curious or had a love for round objects that jiggled when you were ten? Also, I'm going to go back to staring at the rating of the game. 10 year olds shouldn't be brought into your argument at all.

Now, Origins. Please, think about the ending scene for the easter egg for more than two seconds. It has it's implications, but it by no means ruined the storyline. I would post what I think here, but it would be far too long. So instead, here is a nice link to it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/1magma/submitted_this_as_a_comment_but_i_think_it_might/

That's all I have for now. Enjoy.

Complicated versus jacked...

MMX seems to have believed he solved the puzzle with his partially cyclical semi-omnipotent Samantha theory.

It has just about as much evidence as some of the other more abstract theories in the universe.

It doesn't require an alternate universe, just a decent understanding of non-linear time.

Must there always be THAT guy?

Ok then if you're SO smart, please explain the avagadro, the jumping jacks, the reseting of life-force, the ghosts and hillbilly even!

You can't... EVERYTHING we've gotten on those subjects so far is all theorized or assumed from the HOURS of research we've done here... No radios... Not even a note in latin in a grate! There is NO explanation to these things... They showed up and we priced and pieced and thought and argued and theorized over every last detail! We can't even decide if the maps take place in the 1960s or the 2020s! (although the poster in Die rise CLEARLY says "sense 1996")

Also, when I was 10, I didn't get on a M-17 game and run around the starting room staring at a character model, also Sara Michelle Gellar didn't have this issue, why does misty? Hmm? Let's drop that topic now...

Still: There is NO storyline here for black ops two... Not one! WE made it up, a good 60% of it is ALL us!

Literally all we know is that a Nerd who survived two nuclear attacks, a farm girl feminist with a thing for week men, a conspiracy theorist who's eaten zombie flesh, and an elderly forgetful african american operative who's been wondering the earth with knowledge of a rift all got together in the hanford sight in washington, where they killed zombies on a bus driven by a robot and were attacked by denizens, zombies, and "him". They worked together to build a navcard table, then they powered a tower for richtofen, who only speaks to Samuel, or maxis, who speaks through machines, and were teleported to die rise, two tall buildings in "providence 22" where they all died, only to have time re-writen before they died! They then powered another tower for either side by the same means while being attacked by nova-jumpers and defended themselves with a strange purple-liquid-squirter!

Then they began a long journey to Africa where they found an underground victorian city, a ginormous hillbilly and a haunted mansion, all of which shouldn't exist an any way.... There they power another tower while using a strange swirling slow-mo gun to protect themselves... Then somehow after revisiting tranzit SOMEHOW and making it back to buried, all three nav card tables link up and power either the opening of argartha or the aetheric control of richtofen... NO idea what either of these endings MEAN because they're BOTH cliffhangers with UNCOMMON endings... MEANING the next game's storyline has to choose ONE side to fallow or make up a common ending...

ANd do not get me STARTED on origins...

-How is sam in the aether?

-Why are SOME zombie's eyes blue?

-Why did maxis die/become a drone here?

-What happened at the end of the easter egg?

-Why is sam and eddy AMERICAN and maxis german?

-What WAS the paradox?

-WHo were the original templar-knights?

A lot of these questions CAN'T be answered without a MASSIVE hole poked in the rest of the story, meaning this takes place outside the storyline and ARE-NOT-CANON. A WAIST of an entire MAP!

Do NOT fight me when it comes to THIS horrible storyline...

Also MAM: I saw the MMX's post... But much like the rest of BO2 it seemed to be more theory less fact, unlike BO1 and WAW.... No offense to MMX, it's a great theory!

Must there always be THAT guy?

Ok then if you're SO smart, please explain the avagadro, the jumping jacks, the reseting of life-force, the ghosts and hillbilly even!

You can't... EVERYTHING we've gotten on those subjects so far is all theorized or assumed from the HOURS of research we've done here... No radios... Not even a note in latin in a grate! There is NO explanation to these things... They showed up and we priced and pieced and thought and argued and theorized over every last detail! We can't even decide if the maps take place in the 1960s or the 2020s! (although the poster in Die rise CLEARLY says "sense 1996")

Also, when I was 10, I didn't get on a M-17 game and run around the starting room staring at a character model, also Sara Michelle Gellar didn't have this issue, why does misty? Hmm? Let's drop that topic now...

Still: There is NO storyline here for black ops two... Not one! WE made it up, a good 60% of it is ALL us!

Literally all we know is that a Nerd who survived two nuclear attacks, a farm girl feminist with a thing for week men, a conspiracy theorist who's eaten zombie flesh, and an elderly forgetful african american operative who's been wondering the earth with knowledge of a rift all got together in the hanford sight in washington, where they killed zombies on a bus driven by a robot and were attacked by denizens, zombies, and "him". They worked together to build a navcard table, then they powered a tower for richtofen, who only speaks to Samuel, or maxis, who speaks through machines, and were teleported to die rise, two tall buildings in "providence 22" where they all died, only to have time re-writen before they died! They then powered another tower for either side by the same means while being attacked by nova-jumpers and defended themselves with a strange purple-liquid-squirter!

Then they began a long journey to Africa where they found an underground victorian city, a ginormous hillbilly and a haunted mansion, all of which shouldn't exist an any way.... There they power another tower while using a strange swirling slow-mo gun to protect themselves... Then somehow after revisiting tranzit SOMEHOW and making it back to buried, all three nav card tables link up and power either the opening of argartha or the aetheric control of richtofen... NO idea what either of these endings MEAN because they're BOTH cliffhangers with UNCOMMON endings... MEANING the next game's storyline has to choose ONE side to fallow or make up a common ending...

ANd do not get me STARTED on origins...

-How is sam in the aether?

-Why are SOME zombie's eyes blue?

-Why did maxis die/become a drone here?

-What happened at the end of the easter egg?

-Why is sam and eddy AMERICAN and maxis german?

-What WAS the paradox?

-WHo were the original templar-knights?

A lot of these questions CAN'T be answered without a MASSIVE hole poked in the rest of the story, meaning this takes place outside the storyline and ARE-NOT-CANON. A WAIST of an entire MAP!

Do NOT fight me when it comes to THIS horrible storyline...

Also MAM: I saw the MMX's post... But much like the rest of BO2 it seemed to be more theory less fact, unlike BO1 and WAW.... No offense to MMX, it's a great theory!

Yes. There must always be that guy. Today I'm filling the role. I do this because no one seems to be legitimately thinking.

So let's begin. Jumping Jacks, the ghosts, and HIM, and possibly the giant, are irrelevant. They aren't important. Sometimes I hate that we tend to look at every detail, but now it's time we look at the big picture.

There is something intriguing to me about HIM though, and that's the fact that if you can get a clear image of him, he is a human body's nervous system. But in electrical form. Maxis needs this to form a physical body in which to control the Aether from? Regardless, at the moment that's unimportant, and I highly doubt we'll be receiving an explanation.

The only thing important to Black Ops 2's story is powering the towers. That's it, that's all, and that's all there will ever be. Well, until we factor in Mob of The Dead and Origins, but I'll get to that in a second.

Resetting of life force? Are we talking about the respawning system? If so, are we really going to question that Richtofen is an omnipotent being that can do as he pleases, to an extent? I thought we established this a long time ago.

Sarah Michelle Gellar didn't have this "issue" because she wore a completely covered top. Misty is buttoned down and somewhat uncovered. She's showing something.

Now, for all your Origins questions. What we have to keep in mind first of all is that the story we've played so far (excluding MoTD) is a comic book. Period. End. Of. Story. We knew this, and we should have expected this. Now, with that said, it's fairly relevant to say that Origins happened, it just happened how Sam, as a young girl in wherever she is with her American accent, determined, because the Origins we're playing is her and Eddy playing a game. That's it. Nothing more. Now, I'd like to point out that the action figures of the O4 they're playing with aren't of the young O4, they are they ORIGINAL, older O4. This is what happens to comic books when they become popular. Merchandise happens. Toys happen.

Now, with that being said, our storyline is now two storylines, and the one we've been playing through is not messed up or impacted whatsoever. There is now a "Real Life" Storyline, and a "Comic Book" Storyline.

Because of this, Samantha isn't in the Aether, we are TOLD how Maxis died. He succumbed to sickness, and Richtofen preserved his brain in the hopes of creating a vessel so Maxis could live on. This is conveniently the Maxis drone. Original Templars? I dunno. We'll likely never know, unless this is foreshadowing into the next game, which I doubt. Blue eyed zombies? Let's look at it this way. I don't know, but I CAN guess that because it IS the two of them playing the game, and Eddy likes the zombies eyes to be blue, he's responsible for the blue eyed Templar zombies. That's my best guess. Paradox? What paradox? I'm not seeing one now.

So let's fit Mob of The Dead into this now. It has no tie to the story, right? It was just for fun? Wrong. It isn't in the comic book, therefore we must conclude it is a part of the "Real Life" storyline. I have one, and one alone, piece of evidence for this.

The poster that we burn down to get the golden spork.

The EXACT same poster is hanging up in Samantha's Room in the Origins ending cinematic.

We know that Mob of The Dead is taking place in a time loop in 1933, and it's implied (but not proven, and I don't think it is) that the Origins cinematic takes place during World War 1, which lasted from 1914 - 1918.

This means one of two things. Samantha really likes vintage movie posters, or Mob of The Dead time loop is weird.

Either way, the fact alone that this poster exists in MoTD and wherever Samantha is (OUTSIDE of the Comic Book), it shows that Mob of The Dead and Origins, are, in a way connected and in the same universe.

And yes. I will continue fighting you, and anyone else for that matter, over this "horrible" storyline until we get back into the classic CoDZ style of thinking about what we actually have and analyzing EVERYTHING, not just select bits we don't get.

No, it appears everyone here is thinking EXCEPT you! You're just accepting everything, and trying to "get back to the ways things were". BUT YOU DENY THAT THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE because you say that we CAN analyze everything we've got!

YOU CAN'T ANALYZE "EVERY LITTLE BIT" BECAUSE THERE IS NO CONFIRMED INFO!

EVERYTHING you've said so far, the time-loop, the split storyline, the avagadro, ALL of it is YOUR theory, it's not the right theory by any means so we don't analyze it because it's not RELIABLE INFO!

WE HAVE NOTHING! WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN NOTHING! No proof, no hints, ONLY OUR OWN DEVICES!

YOU ARE BEING THICK AND STUBBORN AS AN OVERWEIGHT MULE OF MOLASSES!

Stop thinking you can start some great movement where everyone will suddenly understand what happened by magic, it won't happen! You are deceiving yourself, and no one else! BLACK OPS 2 BUTCHERED THE STORYLINE! End. Of. Story, goodbye, party's over, hasta lavista, bye bye, have a horrible evening! The faster people realize this the faster we can get to making sure it DOESN'T happen again! It does us NO GOOD to ponder on things that can't be solved, you're only waiting time...

No, it appears everyone here is thinking EXCEPT you! You're just accepting everything, and trying to "get back to the ways things were". BUT YOU DENY THAT THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE because you say that we CAN analyze everything we've got!

YOU CAN'T ANALYZE "EVERY LITTLE BIT" BECAUSE THERE IS NO CONFIRMED INFO!

EVERYTHING you've said so far, the time-loop, the split storyline, the avagadro, ALL of it is YOUR theory, it's not the right theory by any means so we don't analyze it because it's not RELIABLE INFO!

WE HAVE NOTHING! WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN NOTHING! No proof, no hints, ONLY OUR OWN DEVICES!

YOU ARE BEING THICK AND STUBBORN AS AN OVERWEIGHT MULE OF MOLASSES!

Stop thinking you can start some great movement where everyone will suddenly understand what happened by magic, it won't happen! You are deceiving yourself, and no one else! BLACK OPS 2 BUTCHERED THE STORYLINE! End. Of. Story, goodbye, party's over, hasta lavista, bye bye, have a horrible evening! The faster people realize this the faster we can get to making sure it DOESN'T happen again! It does us NO GOOD to ponder on things that can't be solved, you're only waiting time...

I'm not trying to start some grand movement. I'm trying to bring back some rationality. We have been given hints, which I have pointed out and given suitable evidence for, but nobody is looking in the right places.

This is what I hate about the CoDZ community right now.

"Your idea of what's going on is not my idea of what's going on, therefore your opinion is stupid and breaks the story."

You posed questions, and I answered them, WITH EVIDENCE. You are trying to say that Treyarch has given us absolutely nothing, and I'm disputing it. I mean, this reply I'm quoting doesn't even argue anything. You are only:

A) Being hypocritical, saying I'm wasting my time looking at what we have as opposed to filling in blanks to what we don't have, and pretending like we DO have that information and

B) Not even trying to rebuttal with your own opinion. My opinion is mine. I'm not forcing it down anyone's throat. I'm pointing out legitimate evidence that leads me to my conclusions, but I suppose I'm a heretic for thinking. Go figure. I remember back when they were giving us the teaser trailers for Green Run and EVERYONE was analyzing every last frame in the hopes there was some information. That's how Treyarch groomed us to think through WaW and Black Ops. Then Green Run came out and there was nothing, so everyone all of a sudden quit doing that. That's not the CoDZ I know. It's not the community I love. If you choose to accept my opinion as truth, great. That makes me happy knowing that someone supports my theory. However, you CANNOT say that we have gotten no information in Black Ops 2 and then shove away what I'm saying with the "Your opinion isn't my opinion" mentality. I didn't come to my conclusion through magic, I came to it by looking at evidence that we have and coming to a logical conclusion.

As for wishing me a horrible day, that's rather rude. I'm trying to have a friendly, reasonable debate about the storyline here, and that's how you're going to act? Well, that's very mature and makes you right. I sure hope things go downhill for my day in the next hour or so.

Not necessarily poorly written...just cobbled together on the run.

Commendable that TREYARCH tried to give us a story. Too bad it doesn't make any sense.

It's disappointing that the game mode we all love doesn't make sense on a narrative level, but it is, after all, just a game mode.

And I understand that there are several people here who have put a HUGE amount of effort into the theories and details, the sound files and textures, the countless pages of argument and counter-argument....but here's the thing...you've been let down.

Get over it. I hear there's a great game available with a fairly decent story if that's your thing...Grand Theft something-or-other??

• Administrators

About the fourth wall quote: it's partially breaking the fourth wall because the comment is being made upon hitting an invisible barrier meant to prevent the player from going beyond a specific boundary. That game mechanic is in every game you ever play; it's just that our characters mention it.

Some answers to some of these questions:

1) The towers were initially there, but they weren't classified as towers. Once the N4 went to those locations, they modified them according to either side (Maxis/Richtofen) so they could become energized towers.

2) Nobody knows. That's still a mystery to this day.

3) Nobody knows. That's still a mystery to this day.

4) There are a few theories out there explaining how the soul transfer could have happened, but there is nothing concrete at this point.

5) Simple. The O4 in Origins are not the same O4 in the latter maps. Well, they are in terms of them being alive but the Origins that we play in doesn't actually happen. We're talking about 1918, with the possibility of everyone being in their 20's/30's. Now when we look in the 40's, that's about 20-30 more years added to their age. It's not too hard to see the O4 that we're so used to in their mid-40's.

6) Nobody knows. That's still a mystery to this day. (But there is an interesting theory by Alpha that she may not actually be the Samantha we've come to know.)

7) It relates to answer 5. Maxis never actually dies; his brain still lives on even if you assume Origins did happen. The Maxis from WWII and beyond is the Maxis we've closely inspected. He only dies one true death - at Griffin Station.

8) Nobody knows. That's still a mystery to this day.

9) Nobody knows. That's still a mystery to this day.

10) It's in its semi-purest form, meaning it has more energy than the 115 meteorites/rocks that we might see during WaW going onward to future locations. You could probably even say that as the 115 decays, it goes from blue to orange.

11) In a way, yes - more importantly, an entryway to Agartha a.k.a. Middle Earth.

Not necessarily poorly written...just cobbled together on the run.

Commendable that TREYARCH tried to give us a story. Too bad it doesn't make any sense.

It's disappointing that the game mode we all love doesn't make sense on a narrative level, but it is, after all, just a game mode.

And I understand that there are several people here who have put a HUGE amount of effort into the theories and details, the sound files and textures, the countless pages of argument and counter-argument....but here's the thing...you've been let down.

Get over it. I hear there's a great game available with a fairly decent story if that's your thing...Grand Theft something-or-other??

Thats it basically... Up TIL you get to the cold cruel soulless: "get over it" part...

This community has ALWAYS from what I've seen, given it's best to achieving a grand understanding of this... But now there are too many ways that the evidence can be brought together.... Too many possibilitys... Fat lota good your evidence is doing if someone of a diffrent theory fallows the same evidence... Then it comes down to this:

Respectability...

Respected members of this site get the "right" answer... Given they DO go into huge detail, research, and amazing exicution of presentation... But asside from that it's just another theory...

WE CAN't rule out things anymore THAT is the issue!

And @ Taklok

A) It's not hypocritical, there's nothing there! You're thinking about this whole thing like a jigsaw puzzle with a few missing peices, but it's not! It's a building with huge missing chunks! It's almost useless without the missing peices!

B)Yes, WAW and black ops1 made perfect anaylis balance. But there is nothing there in BO2... You're missing the Support of the building! And with that the whole thing comes falling down!

C) Clearly your not having a freindly conversation considering you came off with: "Oh where do I start with how wrong this is!" that's more insulting then wishing you a bad day, ESPECIALLY sense its like 10:00pm here!

@)Delta's earlier post And here comes the Jefferson-Adams debate:

"No theory is proved wrong until evidence is supplied"

"No theory is proved right until evidence is supplied"

@) Delta now: Yeah I know, that's why this is horrible....

-snipped for space-

It's all in the tone. To me, that was literally me asking myself where to start. That's all. My bad if it offended you.

It's hypocritical in the sense that you are saying I am wasting my time about ACTUALLY thinking about ACTUAL evidence that we ACTUALLY have, as opposed to fabricating a story based off of thing that we THINK we know. It's a building with missing chunks because we aren't looking at anything. Good example was the one poster I brought up earlier from Samantha's room. That has to be a coincidence though, doesn't it? The fact that the loading screens are comic book pages, and Samantha and Eddy are playing with action figures of the O4? Coincidence. It must all be coincidence.

There is a lot of stuff in Black Ops 2 to give us an idea of what's coming ahead, granted though, just not in Green Run, Great Leap Forward, or Resolution 1912. Our big story telling maps here are Mob of The Dead and Origins, those other three were sadly buffers to tell what happened after Moon it would seem. That's all it is to it. I pointed out a lot of evidence in my previous posts to support my theory. Go back and read them, because I'm not convinced you did, seeing your previous reactions. If you did, well, my bad. But what I point out just aren't things that you can shove away and say that it's not true.

Now, I am trying to be incredibly friendly throughout this. However, I do not appreciate throwing down a theory without actually debating the theory and poking legitimate holes in it. Now, we can be civil, or you can continue throwing down theories that contradict and point out things that we thought we know or things we didn't notice.

As for Delta's comment, he was trying to hint that a lot of our known story was made by US. Not Treyarch. Most of it is theories that sound legit. Therefore, none of it has been proven, therefore we've all been wasting our time filling in holes that aren't there.

That's the OPPOSITE of what the maps tell us... Origins and MOTD have almost NOTHING to do with the storyline at all!

And yes, some things are coincidence: but EVERYTHING in SAMs room may have been from her travels! The brain is incapable of creating new faces, designs ect., while subconscious! It's not coincidence that these things are seen here, they're memory's!

And the point is: Your "theory" can't be proven! No ones can! I'm not shoving away info, the info ISN'T THERE! Everything you've said so far is off UNSTABLE evidence that doesn't DIRRECTLY confirm it right, therefore It can't be confirmed! So yeah... YOUR BAD! (Not to be confused with "You're bad" which IS just insulting)

I don't care about what's ahead! These maps NOW are rubbish because we have no info about their history and even about what's happening now!

And that's the POINT of critisism! To POKE HOLES IN! TO IMPROVE THROUGH FAILURE! And I'm not being civil, no, I'm being quite angry on this touchy subject, civil is NOT the word I would use to describe you either... Or what your trying to get us to do... You want me to "accept" this lack of info here and every theory... That's not how I play! It's either writin in concrete... Or it's written in nothing! NOT BOTH!

And delta: That's why I hate this so much, because THAT'S what I beleive in...

There's a difference between poorly written, complicated, and leaving a lot to our imagination. It's true -- a lot of things aren't explained (such as the Avogadro, Jumping Jacks, Certain People's motives) but that clears the way for us -- for you, to fill in the blanks.

Keep in mind, it's hard to make a good story for this sort of game.

I think that they focused a lot (a bit too much) on the Richtofen VS Maxis story arch, leaving a lot of Map-Related Plot Points (avogadro, denizens) to our imagination.

And while it may sound cheap that Treyarch does this, it also provides access to some great theories. "How did they end up in Green Run?" "How did the N4 meet?"

It's never explained, but that's why we can theorize about it all we want.

And that's the great thing about theories. They're neither right nor wrong, it's basically Someone Sharing His Own Personal View And Thoughts On Something That Isn't Fully Explained.

Meaning, it's free knowledge. You can apprehend it just the way you want, he isn't forcing it down your throat.

Theories are the backbone of CoDZ. So in a way, all these plotholes allow us as a Community to exist and thrive.

Weird huh? :)

- Heather

is it weird indeed :)

we improvise answers mocking,we dont got an option here. bo2 did not butcher the story(though it was close). is improvising and imnaging answers a bad thing? hell no! we humans done it for centuries! if sometime disproves it,we either deny or accpect it. the first option was what you choose. your like the south,relucant to see, come up with,and try new ideas. join us and venture into the brave new world of imanging answers everyone else is in. you dont have to,but at the very least be open minded.

your a good friend mocking,but it looks like debating you looks tougher then trolling a tea party member.

During the early WaW days of Zombies, the story generic. A secret Nazi group created and unleashed zombies with 115. But in Black Ops, things got complicated. Time travel and different dimesions. With Bo2, the story got really hard to follow.

It left use with lots of un answered questions

Yes. Most people find that a good thing. That's why the series has survived. As for your questions, I'll try to answer them as best I can with current information, data, and theories.

Where did the towers that Rictofen wanted acitvated come from?

They were built by people? If you've done the Side Missions, you can see that they are just a pylon, a radio tower, and a mining tower that are re-purposed for Richtofen or Maxis.

Why does Weasel reference Nikolai in MoTD?

We've had a lot of voices-in-the-head. We know that the devil was in control in Mob of the Dead, so perhaps he whispered into Al's ear to mess with him.

What happened to the OG4 on Moon?

Apparently they died and that was why they disappeared and Richtofen missed them.

How did Samantha get to Agartha from Rictofen's body?

Who said she left Richtofen's body?

How are the OG4 and Maxis old in WW1, when they looked young in WW2?

Maxis did body-swapping. As for the rest of them, I say there was a lot of experimentation involved, that the ones in WWII are brainwashed copies of the Origins originals.

How is Samantha in WW1? Who is she exactly?

Time travel.

How did Maxis die in WW1, but a radio says he died on Moon?

Origins is an alternate timeline. In the original timeline, he didn't die, but then meddling in the past caused zombies to come early and kill him.

Where did Weasel go after he broke the cycle?

To publish comic books maybe?

Where did the OG4 go after they freed Samantha?

They cease to exist in the current state. All's left of them are the toys. Are the toys sentient? It's a pure guess. One might think not because they're just toys. One might think so because we see Tank's point of view.

Why is 115 blue in Origins?

115 is blue, purple, yellow, and red in Origins. We've seen these colors before. Apparently 115 can be any color. This is how the Perks and the zombies' eyes change color. Blue though seems to be the default color, the pure color.

Is The Rift a portal to the dimensions?

No, it seems to be a rift in the Earth's crust caused by 115. That can cause some zany stuff, but not portals (well besides that portal in the fountain).

What happened to the CoTD crew?

We're never told. They either died or they didn't. It doesn't really matter much though, since 10 years later the world blew up.

How did the OG4 get from Kino to Ascension?

Moon showed us the Pocket Teleporter, to retroactively give us an explanation for this, which had previously had no explanation.

Is the whole storyline a time loop?

Yes. Origins is messed up because of the future going to the past. Then at the end of Origins we're brought back to WWII.

This could be complicted, involving time loops, aliens, dimensional beings, and satan. Or could be just poorly written.

What do you think?

I think it is ingeniously written. This isn't a blockbuster movie. It's a game. It's not just a game. It's a series. I mean, look at other hits, like Doctor Who. Individual episodes and arcs are a hit, as well as the series as a whole. But trying to catalogue the whole series can make your mind explode. Zombies is a lot like that. A lot of small arcs built on top of each other. What makes a story is the medium through which it is told.

As I've mentioned around before, I think the story actually went a little too farfetched with some of these directions it's taken. Ultimately, if you look at the overall big picture, and the sequence of events, it's actually quite clear. But I think it was pushed a little too hard to be "new" and "exotic" in the sense of the actual gameplay and environments. I mean, this season especially every map could nearly pass off as it's own game, rather than just another map they were seemingly so different and original from each other. As if the idea of putting game play and story together clashed this season; "how do I put this story in with a map like this?" and vice versa.

is it weird indeed :)

we improvise answers mocking,we dont got an option here. bo2 did not butcher the story(though it was close). is improvising and imnaging answers a bad thing? hell no! we humans done it for centuries! if sometime disproves it,we either deny or accpect it. the first option was what you choose. your like the south,relucant to see, come up with,and try new ideas. join us and venture into the brave new world of imanging answers everyone else is in. you dont have to,but at the very least be open minded.

your a good friend mocking,but it looks like debating you looks tougher then trolling a tea party member.

Only a tea party? I was going for marijuana-legalization-ist...

And I'm very open minded... There's no harm in MAKING theory's, only the fact that not one can be considered right... I myself have made a few theory's on die rise and MOTD that no one cared about but I consider possible...

But soon, everyone will have their own complex, convoluted personal storyline and when more info is released there will be too many versions of the story to communicate...

Also the south NEEDED to pertain to old traditions for economic purposes... They could have gone arround it a bit kind-er but...

Simply put, if there was a way to establish fact, this issue wouldn't exist... But they'res not... So all theory's will remain that forever: Theory's... And nothing even alpha or carbon fiber can say can change that... And this becomes the jefferson-Adams argument:

Jefferson: Rights not listed in the document can not be verified..

Adams: Rights not listed in the document can not be proven non-existent...

The diffrence is, back then they had a congress and judicial branch (eventually) that would solve these issues... NOW all we have is a game that will come out 1-2 years from now and no way to prove anything TIL then!

It's a paradox...

Keep the debates calm please

I know Origins is the so called "beginning" but I want to know the origins of 115 itself. I think that aliens play a huge part in the storyline. Think about it.

How did the Templars get the staffs?

Aliens

Who built the MPD and Agartha?

Aliens

Who built Shangra-La?

Aliens

But is there something bigger than aliens?

There are many hints that point to Lucifer/God of the Dead

Maybe these aliens worshiped Lucifer/God of the Dead?

And in return Lucifer/God of the Dead offered the powers of 115 (reanimating, weapons, dimensional travel)

Maybe also the MPD is where they sacrificed their people to Lucifer/GoTD, and those souls are what drove Richthofen crazy when he touched it.

The songs also have lots of Easter eggs regarding the story too, so I suggest reading the lyrics