Ghosts Will Have Dedicated Servers for All Platforms!

Flammenwerfer

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that Black Ops 2 already has some dedicated servers for some lobbies. In most lobbies, its still a host-based system, but a few lobbies are using dedicated servers. Drift0r did a video on it a few weeks back:

There aren't any dedicated servers for BOII on consoles. At all.

That seems contrary to drift0r's video, he is usually pretty thorough.

I think what driftor was eluding to, and it makes sense, is that they are testing thier system now for ghost roll out.

My thoughts exactly. I have a feeling there would be a pretty bad backlash if the dedicated servers didn't work on release day, so I have a feeling they would have a few practice runs before that.

• 3 months later...

North Jersey, p2p hosts and migrations and lost connection to host.

Either there is no dedicated severs in this area, or they are constantly full. One of the most affluent areas, and the most densely populated state per square mile (and that is due to the northern half), and iw is fail city? Derp. Herbie Derpstra must be the new ceo of idiocy ward. I still am amazed at how much fail that takes from a business standpoint.

Idiocy Ward.

But at least the game will put you in the same fail lobby up to eight times before it puts you in another. Because i so loved the lag in that game, the players shipping across the screen, the random unsolicited player movements, running over the same 10 feet of ground, et cetera/loads of sarcasm, don't really enjoy these things.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just gonna say this: please add a 'free mode', where you just play. No time limits, no score to achieve. Play until you want to leave. Run games on each map, give players a choice of what map they want to join. Even if, to conserve server space, they only ran like 6 maps at a time, change the maps weekly or something. Or run one map per day, maps change at a set time. Just thinking out loud...