Whats your biggest shortcoming?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I die a lot trying to get collateral points from my starting pistol

It's funny that you say this. I tend to get the knife (or whatever) and use my pistol and knife until the knife stops 1-hitting. In origins, i use the start gun and usually a dug up ballista out even no ammo.

My friends try to learn by watching my theater of my solo games, they get freaked because i run around origins buying doors and such with just an empty pistol, hopping around in the mud trying to stab all of the round 4 and 5 zombies with no ammo, yet i don't spend points on a gun.

Plenty of mp Die Rise and Buried games had this conversation: "what you got?"everyone rattles off their 2 pap'd guns and i'm like "the starting pistol still" and everyone laughs.

Each to their own, right?

The down side is that so many people unnecessarily have at the box and then can't/won't open doors and such. To me, a big part of (bank-free) zombies is being strategic with your points to keep you ahead of the curve.

I die a lot trying to get collateral points from my starting pistol :lol:

This is so accurate that it hurts :|

I also get impatient, as I assume no one is going to open any doors but me. I end up using all my points of doors, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it makes things a bit difficult to have a pistol with no ammo on round 6. But hey, at least I have the map opened up, right? :P

I'm too nice.

Seriously. That includes going out of my way to try and revive even if its basically hopeless, buying doors when I have the least points and no guns, and Letting other people get the first box hit or whatever. I don't know how to say no when a teammate asks me to do something.

In solo it's mostly not focusing. I mean I'm a train artist, I can tell you that. I mean I have the moves. 8-) but 95% of my solo downs are messing up my train and trapping myself between 24 zombies and a hard place. It's not like I'm impatient, but I just lose focus after a while.

Also I am literally unable to listen to 2 people talking to me at once. I zone out and become completely unresponsive for a few seconds if I focus too hard on two voices at once. It doesn't affect gameplay, but communication. This is only an issue because nobody I know has any social etiquette and consequently can't shut the hell up while someone else is talking.

That's all I have to say about that.

• 2 weeks later...

My main problem, which ends almost every one of my 50+ games, is this: I make a bad judgement call about when to be in a place that is of questionable safety. I usually think I can be there (passing through, or there briefly while waiting for something), and then I go down from that.

The main fix to this is to only leave your spot when you absolutely need to. The problem is, I try to limit the amount of times I do anything risky, but sometimes I get put in a spot where it's one risk or another, and sometimes I pick the wrong one. So yeah, working on having better decision making. At the end of almost every game I play, I ask myself: "What did I do wrong? How did I die?" Makes it easier for me to avoid repeating the same mistake next time.

My main problem, which ends almost every one of my 50+ games, is this: I make a bad judgement call about when to be in a place that is of questionable safety.

I tend to do the same, although I attribute it mainly to boredom.

Example - I only use 5 perks on Origins. Most games I can get my additional perk, and then forget about it.

Others, I get bored camping wherever, and then spend time sprinting around the map, in an undetermined pattern, looking for digs. Been caught in the fire tunnel, been squashed more times in blood than I care to remember.

Boredom. Zombies is pretty easy when you are doing HKR, it's pretty difficult for anything to go wrong.

Things go wrong when you have to adapt unexpectedly, or you lose concentration.

My main problem, which ends almost every one of my 50+ games, is this: I make a bad judgement call about when to be in a place that is of questionable safety.

I tend to do the same, although I attribute it mainly to boredom.

Example - I only use 5 perks on Origins. Most games I can get my additional perk, and then forget about it.

Others, I get bored camping wherever, and then spend time sprinting around the map, in an undetermined pattern, looking for digs. Been caught in the fire tunnel, been squashed more times in blood than I care to remember.

Boredom. Zombies is pretty easy when you are doing HKR, it's pretty difficult for anything to go wrong.

Things go wrong when you have to adapt unexpectedly, or you lose concentration.

Yeah, I hear you on that one. It's the times like when you run out of ammo, or when the generator zombies or Panzer show up, that things get really sketchy. The generator zombies are the bane of my existence in Origins.

I would offer a suggestion on the dig spot thing you mention, Chopper (assuming you're talking about the orange ones for perk slots). I search for them in each solo game and get all of them (I know you only really need 6 optimally but I like having all the slots to help buy QR from the Wunderfizz). You can check every spot except the church in 3 zombie blood drops. That's what I do, I systematically search at the end of each round that I can with Zombie blood (for 2 of the three routes - the other one I take as I can get it). I found that doing it systematically like that really makes it much easier and faster to get all perk slots, though there is some luck involved.

I strive to take luck out of the equation as much as possible by being systematic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

My biggest shortcoming: When someone posts on Skype. I turn my head [While holding the analog stick] to read and often find myself heading to a wall.

I don't know how many times I go down because of stupid human errors such as that. I just get excited when I see a notification via Skype, phone, or Xbox Live and flip out. I try every time to do it in a timely fashion (new round transition, last zombie) but find myself in a predicament where my teammates just had to trigger something.

My main problem, which ends almost every one of my 50+ games, is this: I make a bad judgement call about when to be in a place that is of questionable safety. I usually think I can be there (passing through, or there briefly while waiting for something), and then I go down from that.

The main fix to this is to only leave your spot when you absolutely need to. The problem is, I try to limit the amount of times I do anything risky, but sometimes I get put in a spot where it's one risk or another, and sometimes I pick the wrong one.

I don't think this is a shortcoming that can be fixed easily, as like you, I have had many a 50+ game ruined by one simple bad call.

I tend to blow hot and cold on zombies when going for high rounds. Sometimes I can get to 50-60 easily with zero downs. Next day, I can try it again and go 10 rounds before dying off. It is down to a combination of confidence mixed with arrogance.

I like to think of myself as a high round hitter, but I can get cocky at times and it cost me. I try to go into games confident enough, but sometimes I can get over talkative and I lose my concentration, and it leads to downs which can have a domino effect on teammates.

Ultimately, you can never have a perfect run of games, so expect shortcomings. It is part of what makes zombies fun in the first place.

The unpredictability of it! :D

• 1 month later...

Depends on what map, if it's buried I usually die just from doing other things while I play, I can stand in one spot and shoot infinite energy, like all of us do or have done, so I check my facebook on my phone...or eat a sammich and die :lol:

In most other maps, recently my downs seems to be from talking about topics, if I get into the conversation I kind of lose my awareness and do things I'm not thinking about doing, kind of like when I'm on the phone and pick something up and put it somewhere else, not realizing I moved it. I will be talking and just come over to where you're running and bring my whole group of zombies with me, that's happened a few times...