Whats your biggest shortcoming?

I'm just interested in what is the biggest shortcoming when playing zombies? Do you always go for the drops that are out of your way? Does your connection kick you? Do you not know how to train? Are you impatient? These are all examples of things that can be improved.

So what's your biggest shortcoming?

Mine is that I can't focus. For example once the 50s start coming, training becomes redundant and I usually mess up the train and go down. Or I start taking stupid risks lol.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Going out of my routine to try something new. For instance, I could train up to the 60's but then get bored of my techniques so I might go after the box to grab a weapon, Pack-a-Punch it, kill as many zombies as I can with it, then repeat the process. More than often, that becomes a deathtrap for me if I make even one bad turn or miscalculate when I should grab the weapon from the Mystery Box.

I revive too often. I'm not good at calling it when I shouldn't revive someone. Almost all of my downs are from dying while trying to revive. Sometimes I don't revive for the good of the team, however it isn't my forte to make that call. And the thing is, if I'm reviving people a lot, that means that no one will be available to revive me. : /

I usually test myself in high rounds and fail. Or I go for a drop and die.

Seems with origins I simply forget to watch my back as often as I should, hardly any windows so I'm still getting used to that, sometimes I get swarmed in seconds just standing in a spot I think is safe.

Same here "Drousy blasting"

Can't stay focused past round 40 or so... It just becomes SO repetitive and rounds last forever ... :roll:

A bit of it can be blamed on the new bleed-out feature... Using it could mean shooting each zombie once then running away and BAM instant end of round... So they have to make high rounds longer...

If all the zombies stayed with the same amount of health until they were killed it wouldn't be an issue... But sigh.... Not possible...

I tend to bounce around buying random weapons off of walls when I get low on ammo. In higher rounds where points become meaningless to me, I'll waste off ammo and PaP before tossing that away too. As such, I don't tend to have a reliable weapon on me in the form of DPS, but I almost always have a weapon.

I have a need to revive. I just gotta do it. I make huge risks to revive a player when I could easily survive the round.

However, that can be fixed due to the fact that I prefer to keep Krauss Refibs on me (The only weapon I want all the time and refuse to get rid of).

• Tech Admin

Probably impatience, I'm sick off spending all my points opening doors because no one else would. I played 2 games yesterday and because of box whores it took until round 9 to get to no mans land in my first game.

They caused me to go down twice because I was trying to get them to open doors,. so they went back to gen 2 to rape the box again I opened the doors to gen 3 switched gen 3 on. They all arrive at gen 3 and start running the opposite f***ing way, arghhhh.

So yeah, impatience I would say is my biggest short coming.

I tend to, ahem, "ragequit" if a game isn't going well. For example, if the game starts and my teammates are shooting at my zombies, I'll leave. If they aren't going to want to act like a team, then I'm not going to waste my time trying to play with these people. Other times, I'll leave because I feel like I'm more of a detriment to the team than anything, and that there is no possible way for me to get back into the game's flow. If I bleed out and get left with a small amount of points, I'm just going to end up sitting there, dying, and making my team suffer with more zombies because I can't hold my own.

I tend to, ahem, "ragequit" if a game isn't going well. For example, if the game starts and my teammates are shooting at my zombies, I'll leave. If they aren't going to want to act like a team, then I'm not going to waste my time trying to play with these people. Other times, I'll leave because I feel like I'm more of a detriment to the team than anything, and that there is no possible way for me to get back into the game's flow. If I bleed out and get left with a small amount of points, I'm just going to end up sitting there, dying, and making my team suffer with more zombies because I can't hold my own.

Ive gotten to a point with zombies where solo or with randoms downs are hard to handle.In solo (Bo1 not 2,as bo2 ill continue but bo1 if I die to early i tend not too if its a map I can get to 30-40+)I ragequit in co op I try to resist urge,its easier if im talking to my teammates. :lol:

my biggest shortcoming is my judgement of things. for example,i might assume the round is almost over when i dont see much zombies,but i could just have gotten lucky for a moment. or i assume theres no chance of reviving of a comrade,but i may able to slay the hoard or use the krauss/vigor on him. this poor judgement of events is more often then not my downfall :cry:

I need to work on patience. I sometimes play games with randoms, and when I do, they almost always suck, so if I go down they almost never revive me. For example I played Town yesterday and got downed on round 10 by being dumb, my 2 teammats did not leave the bar until the box changed and by then it was too late.

Needless to say, I left that game....

I go down basically for three reasons.

1. Lack of concentration. Playing solo I get into grove and rinse lather repeat. After twenty minutes my mind drift off to a mud wrestling match between Jessica Alba and Alyssa Milano with Michael Jackson as the referee. Then I'm surprised I go down with one hand on controller and the other picking my nose.

2. Lack of instincts. For coop I go down when forced to do things I'm not familiar with. You run a certain circle fluently but then on coop you have to account for others. I go mainly because of poor decisions in the nick of time.

3. Inconsistency. If I have gotten jug on round three then god damn it I expect myself to get repeat it everytime. I go down trying to be perfect with execution in the beginning rounds. I'm the type to go down 5 times within the first few rounds but might not get touched again. Of my 800+ downs on BO2, more than half were consumed in the first 5 rounds trying to fly without the cape.

But no matter why I go down, I blame others' deficiencies. Darn it way!!

3. Inconsistency. If I have gotten jug on round three then god damn it I expect myself to get repeat it everytime. I go down trying to be perfect with execution in the beginning rounds. I'm the type to go down 5 times within the first few rounds but might not get touched again. Of my 800+ downs on BO2, more than half were consumed in the first 5 rounds trying to fly without the cape.

This.

I can totally relate to this. This is so hard to do on origins. I always try to have that perfect start and I take risks that I usually wouldn't. Rather its not getting jug so I can open every door and make all three staffs by round five or its some other stupid thing.

my biggest shortcoming is my judgement of things. for example,i might assume the round is almost over when i dont see much zombies,but i could just have gotten lucky for a moment. or i assume theres no chance of reviving of a comrade,but i may able to slay the hoard or use the krauss/vigor on him. this poor judgement of events is more often then not my downfall :cry:

Yeah trying to play hero can be catastrophic here too... My main issue is early rounds when a player goes down... I try to help but I'll be 90% done reviving and BAM double slap from behind... In later rounds I almost ALWAYS forget I have monkeys/other distractions and I rely on teammates to cover me...

NEVER rely on your teammates.... That is what co-op has thought me...

• Tech Admin

NEVER rely on your teammates.... That is what co-op has thought me...

Most definately not, again playing with Randoms last night. Not one of them in 3 games opened a door. Again, I open all the doors (which took time because of them kill stealing and box whoring), round 5 and round 7 on two occasions I get to gen 3. Switch gen 3 on by myself and they all come flooding in with a big feck off train at the back of them and I get double slapped and go down.

Revived, naw. Do the open up no mans land at the start of the next round, no. Do they try and get the sheild parts together no. The box moved from Gen2 to Gen1 and the are all box whoring again. I'm up in no mans lad with the Mauser as the Pandzer comes on all 3 occasions, as I have no spare cash to buy an MP40 or anything else.

I raged quit 3 times last night, never trust your randoms in co-op. Some are extremely good and others are just f***ing useless.

So my biggest shortcoming when I think about it more, playing with randoms.

Later rounds, i know it's time to turn and run but if i just keep firing for another second or two to shorten this round...

That's my worst. Next is age: i have no spine, i have sanity issues, my 'good' eye went blind, I've learned to see with one crappy eye. Getting old sucks.