The future of Call Of Duty Zombies?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like the z-team had to many ideas planned, and they couldn't finish it in one dlc (they now have 2 storylines), so they just finished it with origins. What I mean is that if they continued with the new 4, people would ask where is the old 4, and visa versa. So, they kinda went in the middle, leaving both questions unanswered. Now they have created a perfect spot to start off in bo3.

I feel like the z-team had to many ideas planned, and they couldn't finish it in one dlc (they now have 2 storylines), so they just finished it with origins. What I mean is that if they continued with the new 4, people would ask where is the old 4, and visa versa. So, they kinda went in the middle, leaving both questions unanswered. Now they have created a perfect spot to start off in bo3.

Except they haven't because we have no idea which side of the story is canon.... Richtofen and maxis can't both be the demonic announcer when BO3 starts so... That leaves us with three options:

Create a common ending, like the storyline from my countdown post, where the map takes place in the future with a half-dead richtofen in control (maxis was thrown out of aether and burned up from sheer power, richtofen couldn't Handel the mysterious "white flash" that seared the earth either, but because he had a physical body he maintained small amounts of life-force energy...)

Start off BO3 with a choice: Join maxis or richtofen on the first map, where whoever you choose will be the outcome of the previous map.... (buried)

Ditch the storyline entirely and start again from scratch-lets not even go there....

Yeah.Also I agree with mocking,maybe there will be a choice in the first map,well in its EE.How about 2 demonic announcers?Would be interesting.

At this point, it could go anywhere. There's probably endless possibilites with where they could take it.

Frankly, I'm not happy with how it's all evolved though. I liked it back when it was mostly about experiments gone bad and mystery with a WWII era feel. Between Verruckt and Ascension is where I feel the entirety of the storyline and atmosphere of zombies was at it's prime. Then things just started getting all out of whack and random IMO.

I kinda agree with this. It started as a mysterious experiment, revolving greatly around Nazi/Hitler/World War type stuff. Now it just seems like and episode of doctor who.

Except they haven't because we have no idea which side of the story is canon.... Richtofen and maxis can't both be the demonic announcer when BO3 starts so... That leaves us with three options:

Create a common ending, like the storyline from my countdown post, where the map takes place in the future with a half-dead richtofen in control (maxis was thrown out of aether and burned up from sheer power, richtofen couldn't Handel the mysterious "white flash" that seared the earth either, but because he had a physical body he maintained small amounts of life-force energy...)

Start off BO3 with a choice: Join maxis or richtofen on the first map, where whoever you choose will be the outcome of the previous map.... (buried)

Ditch the storyline entirely and start again from scratch-lets not even go there....

Good idea with your map. I understand that origins had just about the worst storyline in the world. I ment that this gives treyarch a good spot in bo 3 to fix their storyline issues. You can't do that in the last dlc. Like, I feel that origins wasn't their first choice. I think the storyline had too many loose ends, and too confusing. So, they bought themselves more time by making origins. In bo3 they can tell two stories (or however they'll do it) and fix the story issues we've been having. That's just my personal opinion, though.

If these so-called zombies vs camp. Team rumors are true, it could be that while the zombies team were originally going to design origins, but after the success of MOTD activision decided to re-use the so-called camp. Team... But that would require all that BS about camp. Vs zombie's things to be true...

Also great ideas:

Call of duty 12:

(For sake of names)

"Heros"

-Richtofen edition-

$60

Specifically designed for those who supported richtofen, as in has the maxis version of the maps only (maxis maps still available for a small 4.00 fine) comes with extra add-ons for multiplayer, zombies, and richtofen poster)

Call of duty 12:

"Hero's"

-Maxis edition-

$60

(Specifically designed for those who supported maxis, as in has the maxis version of the maps only (richtofen maps still available for a small 4.00 fine) comes with extra add-ons for multiplayer, zombies, and maxis poster)

Call of duty 12:

"Heros"

-duel edition-

$75

(Standard for hardened-special editions of game)

(Comes with two disks, one richtofen, one maxis, contains best of both worlds, including multiplayer Add ons, all the zombies bonuses, and a maxis VS richtofen poster )

Also great ideas:

Call of duty 12:

(For sake of names)

"Heros"

-Richtofen edition-

$60

Specifically designed for those who supported richtofen, as in has the maxis version of the maps only (maxis maps still available for a small 4.00 fine) comes with extra add-ons for multiplayer, zombies, and richtofen poster)

Call of duty 12:

"Hero's"

-Maxis edition-

$60

(Specifically designed for those who supported maxis, as in has the maxis version of the maps only (richtofen maps still available for a small 4.00 fine) comes with extra add-ons for multiplayer, zombies, and maxis poster)

Call of duty 12:

"Heros"

-duel edition-

$75

(Standard for hardened-special editions of game)

(Comes with two disks, one richtofen, one maxis, contains best of both worlds, including multiplayer Add ons, all the zombies bonuses, and a maxis VS richtofen poster )

That is actually an awesome idea I would love to see them do something like this in the future. I just wish they would make a special edition that would include a lot of zombies stuff.

• 5 months later...

Well I really think that they will carry in zombies from origins because who's to say Sam and Eddie won't play another game and as we hear in the video Eddie is yet to have his turn also if Treyarch can come back from blowing up the f**king earth I'm pretty sure they'll find a way to carry on from Origins

Edited by Astrxinferno

Treyarch's twitter going on about zombies today a couple of times.  It may be nothing, but something is giving me the feeling that something is afoot.  IW never tweeted this much during their off season, not even close.  Idk, but i have not completely closed the door on us getting our minds blown before too long

Post apocalyptic waistland after zombies where new Germany is surprised to see the horrorfing return of an old nemesis...

Ah yes, take it back to where it all REALLY REALLY began... Nazi Zombies.

Wouldn't that be like... 1700s with the Templars?

No I was joking, I meant take it back to where WE gamers started with Zombies. The land of the Nazis.

found this today, laughed my socks off:

>South park on nazi zombies

Treyarch's twitter going on about zombies today a couple of times.  It may be nothing, but something is giving me the feeling that something is afoot.  IW never tweeted this much during their off season, not even close.  Idk, but i have not completely closed the door on us getting our minds blown before too long

Wow, you're right. I'm surprised they would tweet twice about Zombies like that. Maybe they will do something in the near future. I'm not counting on it but it would be nice, that's for sure.

I hope they don't do a damn thing! (aside from bug fixes, DAMN that tank!) Because if they aren't that means they're already prepping for their next game!

One of the biggest worries I have is that even with the upgraded tech., extra time, and persuasive fan base, trayarch would still half-ass the entire next game. This is a good sign of promise for us! 

Now, what would be cool would be for them to construct a little "comic book" that would explain in detail a bit more about the N4 and richtofen's plans and maxis's goals and what not. THAT is the kind of thing to release sometime in 2014-15 era before the next game. 

it may even manage to revive the BO2 storyline yet. 

Wow, you're right. I'm surprised they would tweet twice about Zombies like that. Maybe they will do something in the near future. I'm not counting on it but it would be nice, that's for sure.

Yeah and Jimmy Z tweeted a blurry picture, which he certainly hasnt done since last summer lol.  It is certainly strange and mysterious for sure

:edit: Yeah Peter Livingstone tweeted a picture or two as well, and he also rarely tweets,

I've just gotta think something is up

I heard something last night about a possible 5th DLC. Some people saying it will be a zombie only DLC. Only question is, is it like Rezzurection and just brings back old maps, or is it some new maps. Quite possibly other maps they planned on making throughout the time of COD zombies but were rejected due to not having enough time before they had to develop the next game. Now that they are given an extra year for development, maybe they will release DLC to keep the lifespan of the previous game going longer. All I know is, if they release another map pack, my season pass better cover it..

I don't think the season pass would cover it to be honest.

Especially if it was zombies only.

I still would pay for new DLC if it wasn't included in the pass, I really miss playing zombies as much.

Having said that, I definitely wouldn't pay for a new DLC if it was just more remade maps. Unless it was all 10 zombies maps from WaW and Bo1, that'd be worth it in my eyes.

I heard something last night about a possible 5th DLC. Some people saying it will be a zombie only DLC. Only question is, is it like Rezzurection and just brings back old maps, or is it some new maps. Quite possibly other maps they planned on making throughout the time of COD zombies but were rejected due to not having enough time before they had to develop the next game. Now that they are given an extra year for development, maybe they will release DLC to keep the lifespan of the previous game going longer. All I know is, if they release another map pack, my season pass better cover it..

did you hear something about it from any sort of reputable source, or did you just hear people wishing out loud that we had more dlc?  

They are referring to the notorious "DLC……5" in the coding for the PS3 make of the game. 

Take it with a grain of salt, as there is NO profit in making a new DLC now for 2 reasons: 

1: The jump from Black ops 2 to ghosts: We are halfway through the second season, many have abandoned their copts of BO2 for ghosts, especially the MP fans. 

2: The jump to next gen. : By now many others have sold their 360s or ps3s for the new and improved tech. what good would it be now to make a zombies only DLC for BO2? None, as no one would be left to buy it. 

My best explanations for these tweets are:

1: Either trayarch is helping sledgehammer to make a game, as now that their main pay-check has been pushed back a year, they need funding to keep their staff together. So they turn to help sledge hammer for a cut of the profits. This may imply that IFW may help trayarch with the next game, which IMO, is a good time of those who play MP. 

2: There may be a bit of a mini-zombies event approaching, like, 115 day or something. Just something to get the community going, and to keep from being forgotten in the extra year. 

3: My most hopeful guess is that trayarch isn't fooling around this time and is already peeping for their next game! This would mean TONS of new shiz come november 2015, and perhaps a lot more leaked images to keep us drooling. 

Take it with a grain of salt, as there is NO profit in making a new DLC now for 2 reasons: 

1: The jump from Black ops 2 to ghosts: We are halfway through the second season, many have abandoned their copts of BO2 for ghosts, especially the MP fans. 

2: The jump to next gen. : By now many others have sold their 360s or ps3s for the new and improved tech. what good would it be now to make a zombies only DLC for BO2? None, as no one would be left to buy it.

Not true. On Xbox 360, the Ghosts multiplayer at the most has 130,000 players online. Usually when a new dlc is released. Average it gets around 93,000 - 102,000 players.

Black Ops 2 on the 360 averages around 120,000 people online every day. I know on PC, Ghosts averages about 250-500 players online, maybe 1,000 on the free weekends; where BO2 has around 750-1,500.

Also, I don't know anyone that has bought the next gen consoles that hasn't kept their old consoles too. I know I won't be getting rid of my 360 because I like playing the older games that were made to be fun, not to be the most graphically realistic.

When they were first sold there was this big deal with trading your old Xbox in to getting the one, lota rubbish as we all know you raise like 7 bucks for every old game worth 30-60… 

But, you have two consoles of ghosts multiplayer out there, and only one console of BO2, which also has less and less players most of which keep it for the zombies or because they refuse to abandon their profiles. 

There is not going to be a 5th DLC is my point, It's simply NOT profitable. And if there was a DLC, we would have caught wind of it months ago, not halfway through the Ghosts season. And certainly not during the pre-hype for sledge hammer season. 

Black ops 2 is done, we must think to the future and prep and perfect that, not wade around begging for the past while opportunities to tell trayarch what we want the next game goes down the drain. 

When they were first sold there was this big deal with trading your old Xbox in to getting the one, lota rubbish as we all know you raise like 7 bucks for every old game worth 30-60… 

But, you have two consoles of ghosts multiplayer out there, and only one console of BO2, which also has less and less players most of which keep it for the zombies or because they refuse to abandon their profiles. 

There is not going to be a 5th DLC is my point, It's simply NOT profitable. And if there was a DLC, we would have caught wind of it months ago, not halfway through the Ghosts season. And certainly not during the pre-hype for sledge hammer season. 

Black ops 2 is done, we must think to the future and prep and perfect that, not wade around begging for the past while opportunities to tell trayarch what we want the next game goes down the drain. 

those online numbers are xbox one and 360 combined for ghosts though.  The paradigm is shifting amongst the COD games.  I dont think it's unreasonable at all to see something way off the beaten path happen.  the cod formula has been the same roughly for 5 years now, but the market changes, and treyarch and activision may be reacting to the change in the direction of the cod winds...

is it likely?no i wouldn't go with likely yet.  but more likely than it was 2 months ago? hell yeah!  who could have guessed personalization packs would get released some 7 months after the last content was released.

Profitable is something you keep using stopmocking but with the ghosts DLC sales being as low as they have been, something doesn't always have to be profitable to make it a good idea.  By trade i am a pricing analyst, and many times I lower the price on products in order to try and boost sales.  we don't always come out ahead in the trade off, but it's too make more than the zero we would have made.  

all that to say, maybe best case scenario, treyarch's next cod is in 2015, so they put together a map pack for zombies for BO2 to test some ideas they have for the next game, and then based on the response and feedback they get they can make the next zombies experience just that much better

also, i have no clue:P