The future of Call Of Duty Zombies?

Hey guys, I wanted to get some thoughts and opinions on the future of Black Ops/COD zombies. I really enjoyed playing BOII this year and enjoyed completing all of the easter eggs but it really bothers my mind wondering if they will continue Black Ops and the zombie story line or create a whole new COD all together. Honestly I think they should keep BO and continue the story line.

So what is your thoughts on this?

Reply's are appreciated !

- Danii

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I believe that they will attempt to stray off from the storyline. I mean, we have two cliffhangers that are basically the end and what preludes into the beginning. Depending how you looked at the "true ending" of the story, you might say that Zombiesis just big cycle. On the other hand, you could say that now we are going to see something a bit different. We have enough of our original crew and we kinda killed off the new crew ourselves, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they tried something completely unique from the story that we're so used to.

I believe the next Zombies installment will come exactly when expected. The form it takes? It could be anything. Black Ops II essentially "wiped the slate clean". It is exactly what they had to do with a story this complex. To keep it going, they must start a new arc to the story, one that could have links to previous things, but you won't NEED to know what happened previously, that way new people can watch it.

Take Doctor Who, for example. It's a show that's been running since the '60's. You CAN go back and watch it since the first episode and know everything about it. But you don't NEED to watch the first episode to understand the more modern series. Like that.

At this point, it could go anywhere. There's probably endless possibilites with where they could take it.

Frankly, I'm not happy with how it's all evolved though. I liked it back when it was mostly about experiments gone bad and mystery with a WWII era feel. Between Verruckt and Ascension is where I feel the entirety of the storyline and atmosphere of zombies was at it's prime. Then things just started getting all out of whack and random IMO.

There is a high possibility if a bo3. If you did the campaign at the end there is a huge cliffhanger and I believe that we will see the continuation of the black ops storyline. Will there be zombies along with it? I believe so.

Campaign has nothing to do with Zombies, aside from a few easter eggs here and there.

But we all know Treyarch's next game will have Zombies anyway. It's just too good to end now. Unless they have something else in their mind...

I was gonna say aliens, but IW already took that idea with Extinction for Ghosts, so dinosaurs maybe? :lol:

There is a high possibility if a bo3. If you did the campaign at the end there is a huge cliffhanger and I believe that we will see the continuation of the black ops storyline. Will there be zombies along with it? I believe so.

Campaign has nothing to do with Zombies, aside from a few easter eggs here and there.

But we all know Treyarch's next game will have Zombies anyway. It's just too good to end now. Unless they have something else in their mind...

I was gonna say aliens, but IW already took that idea with Extinction for Ghosts, so dinosaurs maybe? :lol:

Call of Duty: Zombies & Ghosts

GTA & Saints Row: Aliens

Jurassic Park: Dinosaurs

Anyway there's some possible theories/endings:

1.) Origins wasn't real. So the game will carry on from where Buried left off.

2.) Origins was real so that renders all the other maps as "never happened"

3.) They'll carry on from Mob of the Dead.

I want them to continue from Buried with the N4, as well as answering or bringing back unanswered plot points like the Rift, the Flesh, and Broken Arrow.

I hope this is where we continue because I need answers!

Russman's Past with Broken Arrow

Samuel's voices

Why Marlton was at Nuketown

Why the N4 were locked in TranZit's bus depot at the start of TranZit

Who invented the Paralyzer

Is the world doomed if Richtofen/Maxis are the "rulers"

What happened after Al killed the M4 in MOTD and did it have any effect on the main story.

Did Maxis reunite with Samantha

What happened to the O4

Does the Ghost have any importance

And so many more it's not even funny.

Call of Duty: Zombies & Ghosts

GTA & Saints Row: Aliens

Jurassic Park: Dinosaurs

Anyway there's some possible theories/endings:

1.) Origins wasn't real. So the game will carry on from where Buried left off.

2.) Origins was real so that renders all the other maps as "never happened"

3.) They'll carry on from Mob of the Dead.

I really think they will carry on from buried, to me buried has that "moon" feeling to the EE: Perk reward, it was long depending on the team you had, previous easter eggs count (like shangri-la and COTD) and a big cliffhanger.

I think origins was made just because people were going mad about the O4.

Personally I hope we get black ops 3.Then...A zombies only game!!!!so 2016 we see a zombies only title!!! :D

Actually we won't see another Trayrch title appeariantly until 2015, and then again until 2018.... :(

Also nact had a LOT of story progression, it gave us the first effects of 115!

Really?Man,this is gonna be a long off season.What about the Cod after ghosts?Shouldnt it be a treyarch title? :cry:

Post apocalyptic waistland after zombies where new Germany is surprised to see the horrorfing return of an old nemesis...

Ah yes, take it back to where it all REALLY REALLY began... Nazi Zombies.

Wouldn't that be like... 1700s with the Templars?

No I was joking, I meant take it back to where WE gamers started with Zombies. The land of the Nazis.

I wish appeariantly sledge hammer's making a game...

There is absolutely no confirmation of that anywhere though, so it is merely speculation.

Last I heard, Sledgehammer were making portable versions of Modern Warfare for 3DS/Vita/IOS so as far as I am led to believe, Treyarch WILL be bringing us the next CoD title after Ghosts.

It just seems silly to bring us Ghosts then another MW title.

There is absolutely no confirmation of that anywhere though, so it is merely speculation.

Last I heard, Sledgehammer were making portable versions of Modern Warfare for 3DS/Vita/IOS so as far as I am led to believe, Treyarch WILL be bringing us the next CoD title after Ghosts.

It just seems silly to bring us Ghosts then another MW title.

i sure hope so.I need mah zombehssss!!!!! :lol: :)

while this may or may not be the case, activision would be foolish to disrupt the abhorrently profitable formula of Treyarch-IW-Treyarch-IW

each has their fanboys, and most get the game regardless of dev. introducing a 3rd dev into the mix seems like a too many cooks scenario. Really doubt that will happen