is Cod Extinction the new Cod Zombies?

julpr

just making my self that question right now!

with the new info released about the Cod Ghost achievement list it looks like some features in this new game mode are similar to some features in Zombies.

That bring up to some rage thoughts and questions within

1.Is this is why Cod Zombies has ended the way it did?

2.Is this ending was infact part of the zombie saga or it was just an ending injected from another developer team forced by activision to complete the zombies storyline so the fans can move on to the "newGame in town"

3.Is any zombies developers helping out on this game mode or they are simply copy paste Game mechanics from our beloved zombies

i got this and some other question that dont come to mind right now,

but as a conspiracy theorist as i am and many on this site

i think somethings are going on, forcing us to finish our obsesion within this game and "welcoming" us to a new game... time will tell, until then...

Any thoughts your welcome, thanks

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah I'm not excited really. Survival mode was supposed to be the new 'zombies.' Zombies is what it is because of the storyline with it. If they don't have a storyline half as good as bo2's story is then it will die just as fast as mw3's survival did. And I really doubt that our story will continue into cod ghost since its two different developers

I'm skeptical...

Like BSZombie said, Survival mode just didn't add up. All Extinction sounds like to me is an attempt to mix Zombies and Survival without completely stealing the Zombies idea. From the achievements, it actually kind of sounds like Left for Dead in terms of gameplay. Getting to certain areas in a certain amount of time, etc.

Also, this topic needs to be moved to the Infinity Ward or Future Zombies section or something, not in Origins. :P

From what I can see, Extinction is just like Zombies, but instead of zombies, we fight aliens. At least, it seems like it. I wasn't too interested in Ghosts, but with this, I just might. It's great to see that IW has something up their sleeves. Might even keep me busy while Treyarch works on the next Zombies.

• Moderators

From what I can see, Extinction is just like Zombies, but instead of zombies, we fight aliens. At least, it seems like it. I wasn't too interested in Ghosts, but with this, I just might. It's great to see that IW has something up their sleeves. Might even keep me busy while Treyarch works on the next Zombies.

Copying something isn't having something up your sleeve.

Assuming they actually will copy zombies, which they most likely won't.

I am curious to see what this actually is.

I still won't buy the game though. :P

Copying something isn't having something up your sleeve.

Assuming they actually will copy zombies, which they most likely won't.

I am curious to see what this actually is.

I still won't buy the game though. :P

Well the basic idea is pretty much copied, but I think IW is smart enough to tweak it and make it their own. After all, Treyarch has been using IW's engine to make their COD, right? Both devs can learn from each other.

Still, too early to judge. I'll wait till the game comes out.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, in no way does extinction even come close to WAW zombies.... Especially this next-gen stuff....

I beleive this is actually just the multiverse theory and that this universe is run by aliens and that the zombie verse is run by zombies... Both reaked havock after the missile launches... Both take place in a small town with a cabin, diner, and downtown area, protected by an African american man, a girl, a man with a mustache, and a man with a beard....

Makes sense to me...

Ahem.

STOP COMPARING EXTINCTION TO ZOMBIES

Extinction is NOT Zombies. It is not trying to be Zombies, and it is very little alike Zombies. It is its own game mode, and should be treated as such, instead of being judged on how it is like Zombies. Extinction is a fast game mode that does not outstay its welcome, whereas Zombies is slow to start, then builds up, gets fast, then dies down when there is nothing left to do but circle zombies around. At least Extinction doesn't devolve from an exciting experience into a monotonous game of Snake.

It's a fun game mode, and yes, there's not many maps, but that WILL change.

I am getting sick of hearing people compare the two when they are nothing alike.

Ahem.

STOP COMPARING EXTINCTION TO ZOMBIES

Extinction is NOT Zombies. It is not trying to be Zombies, and it is very little alike Zombies. It is its own game mode, and should be treated as such, instead of being judged on how it is like Zombies. Extinction is a fast game mode that does not outstay its welcome, whereas Zombies is slow to start, then builds up, gets fast, then dies down when there is nothing left to do but circle zombies around. At least Extinction doesn't devolve from an exciting experience into a monotonous game of Snake.

It's a fun game mode, and yes, there's not many maps, but that WILL change.

I am getting sick of hearing people compare the two when they are nothing alike.

This.

I'm personally holding off on evaluating Extinction until the DLC all drops.

Although,

I do think the base game should have included at least two "chapters". I don't think it is a safe play by IW to only give a taste and hope it is enough to convince people to buy the dlc.

When I do evaluate the gamemode, I'll probably do so from two seperate viewpoints. The first being as a bonus mode in a game that I was getting regardless. And the second being from the view of buying Ghosts and all DLC solely for extinction. Is the gamemode worth $110 or so after all the DLC is out? We'll see.

Until then, people do need to remember that this isn't zombies.

However, people can and possibly should compare the two. If you only play cod for zombies, extinction is without a doubt the latest in IW's attempt to capitalize off of the sucess that Treyarch has had with their secondary gamemode.

It is a fair thing to compare value, ie, is zombies worth it over extinction.

It is not fair to treat point of contact as if it is supposed to be another zombies map though.

Personally, I think it is more fair to compare PoC to TranZit, due to IWs ability to infer a certain interest base from the sucess of Treyarch's secondary gamemode, and due to technological advancements since World at War. At least for the sake of comparing base gameplay features.

There is more in common than just CoD though. They both are Sci-fi style survival games inserted as a secondary gamemode in a CoD title. IW has tried a survival gamemode before and it didn't work as well as zombies, so now they are going a little more detailed with an actual story and a sci fi element.

there are some major gameplay differences, but ideologically, they are very similar. Fight this strange threat until you complete your goal (which is death in most zombies maps, but it is still a goal to survive mind you.)

So value wise, yes they are comparable, gameplaywise, it really doesn't make as much sense as extinction focuses on objectives much more than zombies did. However we should NOT use zombies as a grading standard for extinction, as that is just unfair at this time.

It seems like IW are trying to separate the Extinction mode as far as possible from the Zombies mode that we all know and love. From what I've heard there will be Extinction DLC (which is great if you're an Extinction fan) so I am interested on what else they can produce for this new game mode.

Pity a lot of the hype extinction had has almost died now.... I expected so much from that mode, but now it seems it will release a few DLCs before it's retired...

I wouldn't give up on it yet. DLC's could very well turn it around. Like Nacht to Der Riese.

Also if we swapped them around, and say Extinction came out first, and Nacht der Untoten came out now, than we'd all be saying how it's so basic and how Treyarch let us down when were use to the stuff that Extinction (and it's future DLC) has.