Where are the strategy guys?

Hate to sound like a broken record but I miss some of the old timers. What attracted me to CODZ were the guys like Superhands and Tom, discussing ways to conquer the game. Over time we dissected many topics to help one another get in better "game shape" to prevail. With each discussion we mold and grow into better and smarter players.

One main reason why CODZ is hollow to me at this point is the lack of discussions on strategy and gameplay. I barely pick up valuable informations anymore about the game. Worse yet my mentor has gone MIA on PS3 and become Xbox exclusive. Sure guys like BSzombies and Chopper are still providing tips and guides on each map, but still night and day from the old days.

Where have the strategy guys gone? Where is passion to develope and discuss strategies? Where are the "Bat Cave" guys? Can the strategy and gameplay be restored?

Armageddon might be coming if they do not come save us.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

CoDz is not the same anymore. Biggest problem is most active XBOX players gets the map first plays like hell for a month and move on. I tried to provide several tips and they were not well received or barely replied to. And I blame the fact for late release on ps3 users.

Besides I think CoDz is not as competitive as before. High rounds is thing of a past and I am losing interest. Only person I look forward to do high rounds is InfestLithium and he does not have same play schedule as me and he is Pacific time.

I agree some CoDz users are either MIA or simply moved on to other games.

GTA *cough* *Cough*

Get over it Jay.

• Administrators

We have guys that already do some pretty great strategies including way's various videos and guides. it's not so much a loss of good guides or slayers, but rather we've transitioned from knowing how the Zombies engine works like exempting spawn points, instructions on difficult training movies like dragging out, and knowing how to time kills to just learning what areas of the map are the best for training (if possible), best arsenal to stay alive other than hoarding all the OP weapons, and using the structure of the map to one's advantage.

It was only a matter of time before we hit the decline. Still, the strategies don't differ in quality; they just begin to ignore the tiny details. Honestly I would also like to see those old-school ways again. But until then, I guess we're just in limbo against everything outside of Zombies.

Well the main reason I have been very inactive in guides is because of school. I come home and have probably an hr of free time before doing 4-5 hrs of homework. So I don't have time to play let alone make guides. Plus the guides I do make, like way said are usually poorly received or just looked over. Hell I have a guide to town in my sig but it barely has any replies

I can't even lie, the first time I came to codz and saw superhands guides and gamelay vids, my jaw dropped and I near shat myself. I always remember his round 115 on five and 105 on Shangri la. Then 5and5 and Tom wit their round 100 on moon running in the first room only. Those guys I looked at like the zombie slaying gods. I never spoke to them much but man I miss seeing them around.

I can't even lie, the first time I came to codz and saw superhands guides and gamelay vids, my jaw dropped and I near shat myself. I always remember his round 115 on five and 105 on Shangri la. Then 5and5 and Tom wit their round 100 on moon running in the first room only. Those guys I looked at like the zombie slaying gods. I never spoke to them much but man I miss seeing them around.

Well Tom and 5and5 have pretty much moved to YouTube. Super... well he stopped after he was flamed.

• Tech Admin

I think it's a great game, it is the same thing over and over and the thrill of getting to a high round may have been lost.

I still have the hunger for high rounds but I've only really found Zombies in the last year. Although I played them size WaW it wasn't really my thing at that time. I reckon a different dimension may need to be added that would keep players interested. I mean GTA still pulls in the numbers and multiplayer on COD still pulls in the numbers.

Maybe a couple of different gameplay types are required? I also think "if" and I think it is highly likely. That Zombies is released by Treyarch on the ONE/PS4, then we will see a different dynamic to the game. Maybe when doing the easter eggs little cut scenes should be introduced or something?

Sorry for a noobie butting in, but I believe part of the reason is that there's wasn't really much strategy in Black Ops II. With the Bank, you could've done whatever you wanted and get everything you want by Round 3. Especially in Buried, the main strategy was to just camp somewhere with Paralyzer, Easy Headshot Guns, and Traps. I don't think the old ways or CoDz is dying, it's just that people can talk about a certain game so long without taking a break from it. Look at this post November 2014. People will be scrambling to write guides for TranZit II For Xbox One and PS4: No More Ugly Fog and Denizens Edition.

Dont worry man,I agree.We need a strategy Resurrection. Thats what brought me here in the first place!Sadly,bo2 just doesnt seem as deep as bo1 was in terms of strategy.I mean,kinda new things are stll found.Watch Pishizors Cerruckt:Dat strat or umm...crap forgot the guys name...some random guys video about how to fix the non red-screening problem. :)