What has happened to the Kitchen Spam?

PINNAZ

Question

Simple question.

I have not seen any "Cheap **** please report this topic, post ****" Spam on the forum in the last 2 or 3 weeks. Why is this? What or was something changed?

I could of PM someone, but at least this can be publicly viewed by all if there is a reason.

Thank you.

• Answers 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks, Alpha. That should really deter any incoming spammers. It might be at the risk of new members, but it's fairly easy to navigate through the spammers vs. actual members when manually done. Nice work.

True that.

FREE **** please report this topic, post **** UK HERE CHEAP

vs

Hi, I'm looking for teammates to help me get to a high round and possibly do the EE on Buried.

Still, I hope other PHPBB forum owners/admins see this and will follow in CODZ's footsteps, that is the 100% way PHPBB will beat the spammers!

CODZ 1 - 0 Spammers. :D

• Administrators

It looks like some are still getting though. All we should do is report it and ignore it. Since it has become rather apparent that these are people and not bots. They will most definitely be returning to sites where they are causing the most buzz. So report it and leave it to the Mods. It sounds like Alpha is all over this.

Good stuff Alpha.

When I was looking at this stuff ages ago, I came across some plug-in that other forums were using, it was specifically built for **** please report this topic, post **** spam.

I like the idea of a 5 post minimum, but they would just spam post in other threads & then start creating threads aswell. So I think it would be a loose/loose.

Mod approval for membership maybe the best way to combat them.

If you didn't see the video at the bottom of the first page, take a look. I'm certain it's the same phone number/company. The owners are complete frauds. He has even had a movie/documentary made on his fraudulent dealings.

No, thanks to you Lenne! :lol: (Oh your name looks good in that. Almost a year ago)

I didn't do anything, apart from encourage it, it seems?

We'll the mods should be able to tell after some time if this is the best combat method.

Spam is such a waste of everybody's time. Thanks AlphaSnake