What has happened to the Kitchen Spam?

PINNAZ

Question

Simple question.

I have not seen any "Cheap **** please report this topic, post ****" Spam on the forum in the last 2 or 3 weeks. Why is this? What or was something changed?

I could of PM someone, but at least this can be publicly viewed by all if there is a reason.

Thank you.

• Answers 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Maybe additional letter structures should be banned too.

i.e. - kitc, chen, itc, tch.

Would that work?

Upper & lower case would be an issue.

Phone Call to Rossendale Designs Uber **** please report this topic, post **** Spammers

Telephone Call to The Uber Rossendale **** please report this topic, post **** Spammers...

Uber Kitchens, who were set up by Vance Miller (search YouTube for a look at him) are not only content with scamming and ripping people off with dodgy kitchens but they also ruthlessley spam internet forums, blogs and sites with their spam adverts. They go by a few names including Interior Home Designs of Rossendale, Uber kitchens and Kitchens Uber to name a few. Google is awash with horror stories of this scamming UK kitchens company and forums are littered with their junk spamming posts.

Man this spams frustrating. I swear it's increased x10. I mean, clearly it's not just bots. Actual humans now, with a copy and paste message I guess.

Would an IP ban work? Seems like that is literally the only thing that would, but even than, it's not really a good thing to do, and I'm sure they'd get around it anyway. :evil:

Man this spams frustrating. I swear it's increased x10. I mean, clearly it's not just bots. Actual humans now, with a copy and paste message I guess.

Would an IP ban work? Seems like that is literally the only thing that would, but even than, it's not really a good thing to do, and I'm sure they'd get around it anyway. :evil:

I'm just theorizing here, but the IP ban wouldn't work.

It's obvious the spammers are based in the UK, and judging by how much spam CODZ receives a day, I'm going with my idea of them using a TOR browser or a VPN and refreshing their I.P everytime they get banned.

The ONLY way I can think of stopping the spam appearing is to have some kind of "Post Verified" function for new members with less than 10 posts. Think Asylum, but everywhere and for new people under 10 verified posts.

That way we know if the person is a spammer before we let them loose on the forums.

The ONLY way I can think of stopping the spam appearing is to have some kind of "Post Verified" function for new members with less than 10 posts. Think Asylum, but everywhere and for new people under 10 verified posts.

That way we know if the person is a spammer before we let them loose on the forums.

Teammate Finder should be the only exception.

Nope. I've seen spam there too.

Yes but there are people out there who make an account just to post in the teammate finder section. It would be unwise to post these restrictions on that particular sector, as it'll make the chance of them potentially joining the site and becoming a regular member even more slim.

I'm just theorizing here, but the IP ban wouldn't work.

It's obvious the spammers are based in the UK, and judging by how much spam CODZ receives a day, I'm going with my idea of them using a TOR browser or a VPN and refreshing their I.P everytime they get banned.

Great idea. Have a post verification system for less than 5 posts (10 seems to push it a little), make sure it's not a Copy and Paste from somewhere else on the forum, and censor the **** please report this topic, post **** sites instead of the words K I T C H E N and S A L E.

It does seem odd that the bots evolved though. Do you think the spam is an inside job? No bot-making in their right mind would have this much dedication to one forum.

It does seem odd that the bots evolved though. Do you think the spam is an inside job? No bot-making in their right mind would have this much dedication to one forum.

They're not bots.

They're actual people, probably stationed somewhere in a low-wage country like India, spamming various forums (yes we're not the only ones) full with these k-tchen "deals".

If you go to that abomination of a 'website', you'll quickly realize that it's just a fraud.

Obviously they don't want to sell you actual k-tchens, all they want is for you to contact them.

So that they can sell your information (phone number, e-mail) to other companies.

They're actual people, probably stationed somewhere in a low-wage country like India, spamming various forums (yes we're not the only ones) full with these k-tchen "deals".

If you go to that abomination of a 'website', you'll quickly realize that it's just a fraud.

Obviously they don't want to sell you actual k-tchens, all they want is for you to contact them.

So that they can sell your information (phone number, e-mail) to other companies.

Wow, thanks for opening my eyes on that one. I suppose this is the spammers/scammers way: Persist until someone falls for the bait. Looks like Nathan's Post Verification system will be pretty effective, unless those Spam Workers play Zombies on break or something.

The bots are human.

They're ot like the bit.ly spam you see on YouTube.

It also is an inside job. Some scam company is employing people to post this crap, also CODZ isn't the only forum to be attacked by **** please report this topic, post **** spam. Many Phpbb forums are also being attacked.

Upon a simple Google Search of "**** please report this topic, post **** spam phpbb" forums like yamahaxjrownersclub, dyspraxicteens, bikeradar and difflock have also been spam attacked. As you can probably guess, Bikeradar and Yamaha don't sound like they are associated with refurbishment.

Just when they convinced me to upgrade my **** please report this topic, post ****, It turns out to be a ruse.......... heartless bastards

Ok, I've got it.

I've made it so that an admin now has to approve any new members.

Should help filter out the spammers.

I can check the ip against the ban list, if it matches no activation will be sent.

Also new members will go into the newly registered group until they have 5 posts.

Good night spammers, you have lost the war.

:twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

Regards Alpha.

Ok, I've got it.

I can check the ip against the ban list, if it matches no activation will be sent.

Also new members will go into the newly registered group until they have 5 posts.

Regards Alpha.

• Administrators

Ok, I've got it.

Regards Alpha.

Cool Runnings Slow Clap for you sir!

whytAReStUQ