Changes you like/dislike

Change can be good and bad, depending on your view. Some can appreciate the consistency, others prefer the freshness. Many changes were made between BO1 and BO2, and as always some were good and some were shit. Let's open the page on the changes made and let the public decide.

1. Persistent upgrades-These upgrades are different from map to map, and some are crucial to your objectives. I would appreciate them more if they play a lesser role in our game. Perks like tombstone and PhD are potentially game changers, thus play great emphasis in our set up. I would like them reduced for the next game.

Rating-Neutral

2. Leaderboards and ranking system-Absolute mess in my mind. There is no definite formula to uprank, a year after release. The rounds total abruptly ends with the first drop out, thus making rage quitting a bigger issue than it was. Although solo leaderboards and statistical tracking were cool.

Rating-Need improving

3. Uniqueness with each map- They made it a goal to make each map unique, giving fresh looks to each and every map. Although the idea is encourageable, the creativity was lacking. I hate how much time the bus and elevators waste. I find Leroy crushing debris to be stupid, after game set up he becomes obsolete and annoying. The big picture to have freshness is good, but ideas needed refinement.

Rating-Neutral

4. New perks and weapons-The creativity for perks weapons for BO2 was really good. Many new perks brought fresh ideas into the game, giving us extra dimensions going into our goals. Absolutely love the new double tap and vulture's aid. Others like tombstone and eletric cherry were also decent designs. Weapons were also very good, giving us different choices yet balanced. BO1 weapons were notoriously boring, with many guns basically the same with different names. BO2 weapons were successful in terms of variety. Almost all guns were usable and effective.

Rating-Great

5. Random lobby-Absolute mess and pain to deal with. I would elaborate but my blood pressure would shoot through the roof.

Rating-Sucks ass

6. Other minor mechanical twitches-slow zombies, double slaps and other minor changes were good. The general guidelines to zombies stay the same, but force us to make few adjustments.

Rating-very good

7. Grief- A major success among hardcore. Grief mode nowadays are overrun by shot guns and knives. Although I hardly play it, it remains a very good idea.

Rating-see above

Ok, I'm done for now. Time to head home. Thank for reading.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. New perks and weapons-The creativity for perks weapons for BO2 was really good. Many new perks brought fresh ideas into the game, giving us extra dimensions going into our goals. Absolutely love the new double tap and vulture's aid. Others like tombstone and eletric cherry were also decent designs. Weapons were also very good, giving us different choices yet balanced. BO1 weapons were notoriously boring, with many guns basically the same with different names. BO2 weapons were successful in terms of variety. Almost all guns were usable and effective.

Rating-Great

I agree with everything you said, except for this. I actually think the opposite about the guns. Black Ops 1 introduced weapons that acquired awesome and unique uses once pack-a-punched, such as the ballistic knife or crossbow. Nearly all Black Ops 2 guns that are PaP'd get a damage boost and an extended clip, and thats it. Its kind of boring, in my opinion.

As for the perks, I do enjoy some of the news ones, but not all. I believe Quick Revive replacements such as Who's Who and Tombstone affect gameplay too much. I liked Vulture Aid and Electric Cherry, although Vulture can have a pretty drastic change on gameplay as well. Overall I like the perks, but not the weapons. And that's my two cents ;)

Rating-Great

I agree with everything you said, except for this. I actually think the opposite about the guns. Black Ops 1 introduced weapons that acquired awesome and unique uses once pack-a-punched, such as the ballistic knife or crossbow. Nearly all Black Ops 2 guns that are PaP'd get a damage boost and an extended clip, and thats it. Its kind of boring, in my opinion.

As for the perks, I do enjoy some of the news ones, but not all. I believe Quick Revive replacements such as Who's Who and Tombstone affect gameplay too much. I liked Vulture Aid and Electric Cherry, although Vulture can have a pretty drastic change on gameplay as well. Overall I like the perks, but not the weapons. And that's my two cents ;)

I have to agree with Twirp. I loved the gimmicks on the PaP'ed weapons! I wish BO2 had some cool stuff like that!

I have to agree with Twirp. I loved the gimmicks on the PaP'ed weapons! I wish BO2 had some cool stuff like that!

I disagree. Apart from the Knifes and Crossbow, the BO1 weapons are still pretty much the same as BO2's. In fact I'd even say that they are worse.

I never cared about those Persistent Upgrades.

Uniqueness with each map has improved a LOT in my opinion.

BO1 maps were pretty much all the same, yes you could argue that the Buss had its disadvantages, and that Leroy wasn't such a big addition. But atleast it was something.

These additions, along each map having its own exclusive weapons, buidables, bosses, gameplay features, and most notably its own Soundtrack (well, almost all) really made each map stand out.

Grief mentioned but not Turned? I am offended.

Grief was nice, could've been fleshed out more though.

Turned was a sweet new gamemode.

-Heather

I like the persistent upgrades. Gave us a mini challenge throughout the game and also made me feel that every game counted. The same with the ranking system. Made me feel that each game counted and it made me a better, and sometimes more furious, zombie player.

The uniqueness in each map was awesome. The new wonderweapons that were unique to each map was awesome. I loved the vastness of tranzit, vertality of die rise, and all the other new additions to each map made it less bland and kept the maps different enough where it wasn't boring. (it is needed for me cus I had way over 500k kills)

The new perks were awesome and especially the wunderfizzz.

The weapons in general is where I have mixed feelings. The box weapons were bland. They have nothing on the old bo1 weapons. I Loved the commando of bo1. I loved the g11, china lake, dragunov, and the crossbow. I don't really like any of the box weapons inside bo2 besides the fail and the wonderweapons. But I said I had mixed feeling and this is why, the wall weapons (in the dlc map) the and94 and svu are extremely good guns. and Then they brought along the use of the chalk which made wall weapons much better. So yea the weapons were kind of a mixed feeling for me.

Grief was a great addition to the game. I loved any thing competitive and grief was just that, a competive gametype that let anyone with good strategy be a giant douche and win the whole game.

That brings me to leaderboards which I also have mixed feelings about. I hate that no one but your friends can see and that the round stops whenever someone leaves. But I love how it separates it into how many players were playing.

overall I love bo2 and even though I don't agree with everything 100%, you gottta admit its changes are what is needed to advance the gameplay mechanics and the storyline.

• Administrators

You hit the nail on the head, Jay. I couldn't have agreed more with your points. I think though that with the map creativity, they had some good concepts but lacked with ways to make it flow evenly. Where there was a good instance going for it (i.e. bus in Tranzit, elevators in Die Rise), it only failed because of something external that made it awful (huge open area around bus with Denizens, slow elevator speeds and potential deaths due to glitches).

• Administrators

[*:1hu0ynak]I was not a fan of the build-able weapons. It took the fun out of spamming the box for the special gun; and turned in to 'What Jerk wants to hoard the weapon part'.

[*:1hu0ynak]The ranking system was unclear and was definitely could have used more variety in unique ranks. I made shotguns last November (yeah I know we hate you and all that) and have had nothing else to work for the rest of the year(except for rounds of course.)

[*:1hu0ynak]I love the Bosses they introduced in Blops 2. They are just difficult enough, and no way near George health wise.

[*:1hu0ynak] Am I the only one who loved the Bus? Yeah sure, I'm not going to ride it for high rounds. It was great for challenges and just messing around with friends.

[*:1hu0ynak] I loved the trap and efense build-ables. Makes camping much easier.

[*:1hu0ynak]I loved the melees with the passion of a thousand suns. A golden spork that is a one hitter until round 34, SWEET.
  • Moderators

The weapons in general is where I have mixed feelings. The box weapons were bland. They have nothing on the old bo1 weapons. I Loved the commando of bo1. I loved the g11, china lake, dragunov, and the crossbow. I don't really like any of the box weapons inside bo2 besides the fail and the wonderweapons. But I said I had mixed feeling and this is why, the wall weapons (in the dlc map) the and94 and svu are extremely good guns. and Then they brought along the use of the chalk which made wall weapons much better. So yea the weapons were kind of a mixed feeling for me.

I agree with you on this. (Except on loving the China Lake... I don't know how you could love that thing.)

Persistent Upgrades... I have never really payed attention to those.

I agree with Jay on the leaderboards

Uniqueness with each map is definitely something they managed to accomplish.

In my opinion every map almost feels like a different game. (Talking about Die Rise and everything after that.)

Grief can be funny.

I Ave a fondness for the china lake purely on the fact that its the first weapon I killed George with. I was training by the ak74u and had already put angood amount of damage into him. I went to the box to start rerooling guns to kill George and picked up a china lake the first try. Was like whatever I might as well use it on George, shot one shot and then saw George freak out and take a knee. I thought that was pretty cool lol

i am fine with most of the changes and new features,but there are 2 things i would like to talk about:more gamemodes and the ranking system.

i love the idea of more gamemodes. they need though inprovement. and we need more of them as well. all in all though they are a good idea,giving us new ways to enjoy zombies. :D

the ranking system on the hand was a bigger failure then anything else i have seen. i originally thought it was a good idea,but its just so damn annoying. it makes people think they are so badass and therefore have a right to insult you or leave a lobby. one time i was doing tranzit and this shotgun skull kept harassing me and the other 2 by chucking emps at what we were using. the final straw was when i papped the mark 2 and he threw an emp at it. i then came up with a plan to down the jerk. i lured my train as he was getting out of pap and he got down. was so funny to hear him rage. right around before he spawned,one of the others emp'ed tombstone. thus he couldnt get his loot back and he rage quited :lol:

my point: the ranking system either needs to be fixed or scrapped. :evil:

"if one acts like a jerk,then may you troll the living heck out of him" -a qoute by yours truly

Thanks to all who replied. And apologies for failed mention Turned mode. For me it was enjoyable for 2 minutes.

I like BO2 weapons better because overall they are more balanced and offer variety. From map to map our choice of secondary weapons are different, wall or box. The impact of double tap 2 make shot guns and snipers awesome in the early stages. Also love the knuckles. Overall I prefer the creation of BO2 weapons over BO1.

As far as buildables, I thought the concept was ok. Instead of making them box items they make you earn them through scavenger hunting. Either way not a make or break deal.

We have discussed the bank, and although I absolutely rely on it I wish they could minimize the impact. How else would you obtain the perma tombstone without the bank?? I dislike it but abuse it when I can.

Failed to mention the theatre mode in which I love. Unlike many of you I do not have a video recording device. Theatre mode allowed me the freedom to watch and study game tapes and relive the good and bad moments.

Overall I like and appreciate the efforts set forth in the changes made for the new game, but see more changes necessary to make them work. Give me better random lobby and better rounds tracking system.

Happy Thursday.

P.S. My favorite map on BO2 has become Town. Simple yet intense, small yet complex. It offers good camping spots and good training spots for whichever method you prefer. It requires skills and patience, it demands teamwork and cooperation. It is the one map that most mirror BO1 in its gaming experience.

• Moderators

P.S. My favorite map on BO2 has become Town. Simple yet intense, small yet complex. It offers good camping spots and good training spots for whichever method you prefer. It requires skills and patience, it demands teamwork and cooperation. It is the one map that most mirror BO1 in its gaming experience.

I always go back to Town as well.

What I also like about it is how it doesn't take long to get set up.

Thanks for posting, Jay.

I hated BO2 purely for the fact that they made explosive weapons 100% unusable for almost all the maps. I loved running nothing but explosives in bo1 (mustang n sally, m72, china lake). I couldn't do that here. Secondly the wonder weapons were none too fancy either till origins. Thundergun, scavenger, winters howl, wave gun, gersch device, qed. Vs emp (fucking really?), paralyzed (and the thundergun was OP?) and jet gun(transit was God awful), not to mention the sliquifier that could kill more than a whole wave before the patch that gave us delayed respawns. Then the leadrrboards that was just full on fuckboy shit. Man I can't be fucked to turn on my mic half the time and I done 50 on every map cept transit and mob(42), do nigs really think I don't know what to do? C'mon son.

I loved the perma-perks. Make up for only having 4 perks, and made things interesting. I think the fridge and the bank were wonderful. The weapons were nice, maybe some could be better. The buildibles were fun, but in buried they just put random parts in a blender. The idea of an objective (mob of the dead) was cool and new, but got old fast. Should have been an option to turn off. Same procedure gets boring. Finally, I think the campaign team (MoTD and Origins) should have stuck to their campain. Storywise, motd made sense (I guess) but origins they took the storyline, set it on fire, and threw it out the window. Those maps were nice, but again, got old fast. And origins was motd 2.0 BoomByeYeah88, you aren't the only one ;)

1. Persistent upgrades-

Perma Jugg was needed for Tranzit. You could argue it is actually more needed on Origins, but with the old crew it's not possible.

Tombstone is overpowered, wherever it is.

Who's who was great when it worked. A bit OP, but on Die Rise it was an easy enough map that it wasn't technically game changing.

QR - challenge players dream, certainly helped with some Who's who revive but not game changing.

Rating- Good idea, some hits and some misses.

2. Leaderboards and ranking system-

Irrelevant to my personal interests, completely stupid system however.

I do know someone with shotguns who has played a lot of turned recently, and taken a lot of downs.

They are still shotgun. However, they are in the top 10 for almost every leaderboard on BO2 for solo, and has been top of most. So maybe the system is better than we realised.

For the rest, the fact it's so easy to manipulate means it's a joke.

Rating-Needs an overhaul

3. Uniqueness with each map-

The maps are all pretty unique when compared to each other.

Die Rise and Origins are pretty similar, Buried and MOTD are pretty similar. Tranzit is way out on it's own.

Die Rise and Origins are the closest to old BO style zombies. Tranzit was like every new idea they had thought of, unedited and in one map. They got better after that.

Rating-Pretty cool actually.

4. New perks and weapons-

What can you say about this, it was awesome. There were some misses - Jet gun comes to mind, but the rest were pretty damn cool.

Sliquid, Acid, Magic staffs!

Perks - Scavenger was pretty cool, who's who is great, cherry is seriously undervalued..... the rest, not so much.

Rating-Very good.

5. Random lobby-

Only ever been in them for trolling videos. Random lobbies were made for this.

For a regular person trying to get a game, they are crap.

Rating-Sucks ass (Jay's rating is good enough for me)

6. Other minor mechanical twitches-

The infamous Zombies behavior update IMO was a fail. They have made the game more realistic, and less a case of tricking AI behavior. That's not a good thing. The really good players can adapt to this without much issue, I do feel sorry for the more casual players who now can't knife behind windows, and are getting double slapped on round 2. Headless zombies double swiping should most definitely be removed.

The worse thing however they have done is make it almost impossible to see exactly who your teammate is. Why do you need to be 5 feet away and looking directly at a character to see which friend it is.

Rating-blah.

7. Grief- I hate it, others love it.

Rating-whatever.

Overall - BO2 zombies was so close to being perfect. The maps after tranzit all look amazing. Origins is just a slam dunk. 4 people in the snow going crazy with ultimate staffs has to be seen to be believed.