Randoms

Rissole25

I don't usually complain about Randoms but wow!

Legitimately, I have not had one Origins game in Public without someone leaving. Makes me lose faith in them. I would block them, but I'm not sure if that would actually stop them appearing in Public matches. But yeah, I feel like messaging every single one of them "Maybe you wouldn't go down if you actually stayed and learned to play the map.

By far I feel like this is the worst map with randoms, overtaking Moon and Shangri-La.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel you. I feel like this map has a steeper learning curve than other BO2 maps, due to all the stuff you need to know to survive (turning on generators, how to navigate through the mud, how to deal with the Panzer, etc.) This makes it difficult for new players to catch on which makes em want to leave. I can't count how many times I have said very clearly "I am turning on the generator! Get ready to have extra zombies spawn in the middle of the room!" when activating generator 1. What do the randoms do?

Stare at their window, get smacked from behind, leave the game.

:x

• Administrators

For some reason, people feel that going down within the first five rounds in Origins means you will have bad luck the rest of the game, whereas those who go down beyond Round 10 feel they will not survive after going down (since they lose perks) so they leave as their way of defeat. Randoms could not and would not care about the impact of them leaving the game in terms of the match's quality.

This reason alone is why I prefer playing with friends or those who tell me straight off the bat that they just want to hit some high rounds. It's almost a miracle playing a game beyond Round 15 without anyone leaving.

• Tech Admin

I played on Thursday night with 4 randoms, decent enough players, I went to round 20 with no downs at all (the other players had 1 or more downs).

It was half 2 in the morning and I had a few beers so was feeling a little pissed by then and tired. First down turned into 10, i politely said to them - I'm sorry but 1 player has already left (around round 17) - I'm causing you more problems by getting revived and I'm a little pissed so I'm going to leave.

Luckily I wasn't hosting but that's the only time I have backed out of a game, unless the others have backed out within the first 5 rounds. If they back out within the first 5, I'll back out, as it's a certainty (usually) the others will back out and scoreboards knackered anyway.

My experience with randoms on Origins and Mob of the Dead has been more positive than other maps. I have currently completed the Origin's easter egg twice and both times were with randoms. I've also completed the Mob of the Dead easter egg once, also with randoms. Of course there are still the randoms that are complete and utter crap and usually leave after taking one down.

I have also found that it is more natural to do the easter eggs for Mob of the Dead and Origins while playing normally than it is for the other maps. Also another difference between the two styles of maps is that you are rewarded throughout the MotD and Origins easter eggs where as in TranZit, Die Rise, and Buried you have to go out of your way to complete the easter eggs and you are not rewarded until completing them.

Sorry about getting a little bit off topic just thought this was interesting.

• Administrators

I have also had many good experience with random players on the Origins Map. I think Treyarch has made it's steps so convoluted and tedious that it forces the players hand to be nothing short of a team player. I think players now sympathize with one another; as they under stand the frustrations of not knowing the puzzle codes or getting difficult staff pieces. The only players I have had any sort of difficulty with are the brand new ones; and I cannot knock them for simply being ignorant to the secrets of the map. Now having someone rage is a different story...I think as black ops 2 comes to a close we can see players will no longer care if they have a knife or shot gun rank. We will only see the hardcore dedicated players who just want to get some rounds.

-Boom

I have also had many good experience with random players on the Origins Map. I think Treyarch has made it's steps so convoluted and tedious that it forces the players hand to be nothing short of a team player. I think players now sympathize with one another; as they under stand the frustrations of not knowing the puzzle codes or getting difficult staff pieces. The only players I have had any sort of difficulty with are the brand new ones; and I cannot knock them for simply being ignorant to the secrets of the map. Now having someone rage is a different story...I think as black ops 2 comes to a close we can see players will no longer care if they have a knife or shot gun rank. We will only see the hardcore dedicated players who just want to get some rounds.

-Boom

i hope.Im a double bone ATM.... :oops: :lol:

This is why I mostly play solo online.

Last night five times I started with 4 players then within seconds they left one by one, host migration over & over.

Add me if your on PS3.

Alpha13snake

I never leave a man behind. Well if it won't kill all the team & end the game.

No mic atm, but skype chat is a possibility.

Regards Alpha.

• Administrators

Ah I'm seeing now that many of you posting here are on PS3. Something to keep in mind many players don't have the awesomeness that is CoDZ in their lives. So they most likely don't have all the in depth knowledge that you do. Which you can imagine could be quite frustrating. Give it a few weeks they'll come around. :)

• Administrators

Much of black ops 2 and THIS map in particular arn't designed for those who don't like to cooperate... origins is HARD and those who are used to round 50+ with no downs are in for a rude awakening...

This is very true! Basically night and day game play wise from buried.

Much of black ops 2 and THIS map in particular arn't designed for those who don't like to cooperate... origins is HARD and those who are used to round 50+ with no downs are in for a rude awakening...

Couldent have said it better myself. People are in a rude awaking. its so ORIGIONAL!! gotta be smart about where u got and get them points in and no downs the first 20 rounds. Its a legit ass map finaly. No bank thank god. The EE is quite intresting but Not doing the ee or gathering staff parts is also a fun challenge.

Randoms are randoms. you may actualy find a good 4 player lobby, or one of those dudes is gonna quit. first night i played with 4 friends. did the easter egg by round 25. rand around crazy place till 38. dude quite.... could have got r50 first night.

I don't usually complain about Randoms but wow!

Legitimately, I have not had one Origins game in Public without someone leaving. Makes me lose faith in them. I would block them, but I'm not sure if that would actually stop them appearing in Public matches. But yeah, I feel like messaging every single one of them "Maybe you wouldn't go down if you actually stayed and learned to play the map.

By far I feel like this is the worst map with randoms, overtaking Moon and Shangri-La.

this will drop severely off once more people have had time to learn how to survive on the map.

when it dropped for xbox, the same thing happened, but after about a week or 2, public matches were much easier because everyone has the hang of the staffs and the general features of the map. I've gotten into the high 20's multiple times as well as a high round of i believe 38 maybe all with randoms. but those came after the map had been out for a while and people had time to learn

hang in there! it will get better i promise!

I had a random today attempt to 'steal' the staff I worked to get (and wanted). The very next game I played, I received hate mail (for doing nothing wrong. I guess he was just looking for someone to blame).

Oh, how I love some of the people in the CoD community.

Birdman22 is definitely right. After a week, a significantly increased amount of the player pool have a better understanding of the map.

Zombies matchmaking only searches for other players with the best connection, right? I wonder if it was like Multplayer where it searches for the best connection AND players within your skill level.

'Rank playlists' would be interesting. Each rank has its own playlist. If you're only a crossbones, you can only join/search in the crossbones playlist. Likewise for other ranks. That would be interesting to see.

• Tech Admin

It would be interesting to an extent, but not a valid reasoning in all honesty. Tranzit isn't a hard map but it's not an easy map either, then you have die rise which is a fairly difficult map imo but not one I play often.

Then you have MotD and buried, two maps that frankly are awesome maps but so fecking easy. People could quite happily have leveled up on these maps to a rank that technically isn't a true reflection of ability.

Then you get a hard map, Origins and the true skill levels are tested as well as the decent players and the new players. It wouldn't be fair to just have same rank lobby's.

I think I would be a higher level than what I 'am but I let my son play on my gamertag for a while and effected my downs, kills, revives etc but I think I'm a better player than skull with blue eyes. - I think I deserve the knife but I'm not complaining. It's a skill based game but it's also a team game. Rank matters but not as much as team play on this map.

Since Origins first released on PS3, it has been down right horrible to get to any high rounds with randoms.

Although I was lucky enough to reach Round 27 just tonight with 3 of us (1 left, it was originally 4 players) and I managed to get the Ultimate Fire Staff, as well as crafting all but Wind along with help from the team. I also got the gold shovel and helmet my first time.

Reading all the responses, I realise now its a temporary thing/unlucky streak. Today I was playing with Beyond, oddly enough, every game we had, we found 2 micers, who were nice and great to play with. A lucky streak I suppose.

Anyway thanks guys for letting me know I'm not the only one who had the problem. I don't expect people to stay all the time, but its just when it happens more often it becomes annoying.

Exactly! Going into Origins from Buried, you're going to have A LOT of downs. This is a very difficult map that requires you to take a few downs in order to learn it fully. You're obviously not gonna get a round 45 run in 30 minutes with this map, and even though Randoms may not like this, I do.

Lol my highest game on origins co-op was with micless random skull ranks. We got to round 28 all staffs ultimate, and game only ended because the host had to sleep for school the next day :) (messaged me after game). I love playing micless games. Reminds me of fun times on ascension.

Never experienced this on BO1 or BO2. Agreed with the OP.

Cannot get everyone to stay in the map. Got a 30 and we did the EE and the game ended.

Since then it is the same over and over. If the lobby is 2 or 3 players I do not know then one of them will just up and leave.

1. First down anytime.

2. For NO apparent reason

3. ????

Cannot get a score. On the Xbox so this has been going on for awhile. Anyone want to play hit me up. I think this is a great map. Some of those who leave really have me just speechless. :lol:

i'll add you alpha first chance i can get. but i have been busy with europa univerlas 4 and school :geek:

i rarely do online with randoms. only time i did origins with origins i actually encountered my friends conviently XD. we had only one random who was a big whiner and noob. he talked trash about how great he was,yet at the end he had 25 downs before he ragequited. to be fair,he did have some idea of what to do,but we just trolled him. :lol:

Lol my highest game on origins co-op was with micless random skull ranks. We got to round 28 all staffs ultimate, and game only ended because the host had to sleep for school the next day :) (messaged me after game). I love playing micless games. Reminds me of fun times on ascension.

It can be quite fun that silent bond you form and the way you communicate without being able to talk to each other.