Thunderfist? Nah. ONE INCH PUNCH PERK!

AlphaOmega

Hi everyone! I hope all of you liked the update on Origins. fixed some glitches...Yea I hate em.

And peopel who use them. Just a personal thought.

Now onto the main things. If you looked at a post PINNAZ made on the General Discussion, there are the patch notes from yesterday or, in the future, September 18.

One of the main things they addressed was something known as the "One Inch Punch" Perk. I believe this is the power up we recieve after filling up the chests. So we now know that this is a REAL PERMA PERK! You can keep it for the game you get it!

Now, I have a list of Persistent upgrades. I would like to add this "One Inch Punch" Perk, but I would like some feedback.

-It is technically a perk.

-It is lost after you die. BUT can be regained in the same game

-DOES NOT CARRY OVER

What do you guys think?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Define Perk:

perk - A special privilege or right, it is an abbreviation of perquisite.

See also related terms for rights.

I see what MMX is saying.

But still it gives you an advantage over the normal state of things, thus it is a Perk. As you don't have to buy it then I would class it as a Perma-Perk.

Regards Alpha.

I won't argue that it fits the definition of a Perk, but not a Perk-A-Cola. And the term Perma-Perk has no definition, as it is a made-up term. It's an argument of semantics really.

Personally, I think the One Inch Punch is better categorized as a melee weapon. Just compare it to the Silver Spoon. Both are obtained via side quests. Both are used by the melee button to inflict damage. Both are able to be lost only upon dying. Both are upgradable.

I won't argue that it fits the definition of a Perk, but not a Perk-A-Cola. And the term Perma-Perk has no definition, as it is a made-up term. It's an argument of semantics really.

Personally, I think the One Inch Punch is better categorized as a melee weapon. Just compare it to the Silver Spoon. Both are obtained via side quests. Both are used by the melee button to inflict damage. Both are able to be lost only upon dying. Both are upgradable.

I have never had the silver spoon. :cry: :lol:

It's a perk in the sense that it is a direct enhancement to the player. That is what distinguishes a perk from a weapon attachment (for example) because attachments enhance your weapon. However it is not a Perk-a-Cola as it isn't a beverage, and it isn't a persistent upgrade because it would have been called "the one inch punch persistent upgrade" instead of calling it a perk. Honestly it is its own thing. Straight-up perks haven't been seen yet in zombies. However it is most comparable to a melee weapon, although it isn't one because it enhances the player and not their arsenal, making it a perk-a-cola. So it's like both, but technically neither. Inception.

Call it whatever the heck you want lol.

Treyarch would add something in HUD when picking it up if they were picky about names. Same goes to airstrikes.

I always called it "Punch" from the start. Someone said its falcon punch, sure. Iron fist? Sure. Some guy in public lobby called it a Boxing glove, sure why not. As long as you understand.

Treyarch be trolling man.

Call it whatever the heck you want lol.

Treyarch would add something in HUD when picking it up if they were picky about names. Same goes to airstrikes.

I always called it "Punch" from the start. Someone said its falcon punch, sure. Iron fist? Sure. Some guy in public lobby called it a Boxing glove, sure why not. As long as you understand.

Treyarch be trolling man.

They actually do do that, but only for ranged weapons. Everything else, it is an enigma.

Well technically it's really not a melee weapon, so I guess it falls in line with an upgrade. I mean, it was just a glowing ball coming out of the box, and then your character grabs it and strikes a pose and stuff, kinda like martial artists...

Nice Bruce Lee reference though.

Now if only Treyarch could just please do something nice for us, like making a manual with names for stuffs like this, so people don't have to waste time coming up with names like Leroy or Thunderfist :roll:

Well technically it's really not a melee weapon, so I guess it falls in line with an upgrade. I mean, it was just a glowing ball coming out of the box, and then your character grabs it and strikes a pose and stuff, kinda like martial artists...

Nice Bruce Lee reference though.

Now if only Treyarch could just please do something nice for us, like making a manual with names for stuffs like this, so people don't have to waste time coming up with names like Leroy or Thunderfist :roll:

Is it? It's not like we trained martial arts to get it. We are given a glowing ball, and THAT is the One Inch Punch. I consider the ability to One Inch Punch the weapon. In fact, isn't the point of martial arts literally to make your body a weapon? Especially when you consider that you drop the Knife in lieu of the thing. That's just my thoughts on the matter.