Maximizing points on first few rounds // Solo Tips

mmm chocolate

Hey everyone! How's it going? I've had a bunch of time off from work lately and have had time to comment more often on here...and I think I may have a few more tips to share to make Origins a little more forgiving.

I thought of posting this after watching a 'well-known' zombies youtube persons video guide to Solo point building on the first few rounds of Origins. They missed a few things in the vid that I thought I would point out just in case some of you here wanted the info as well.

On round 1, if you turn on the generator ASAP and kill Templars by knifing them you can get an extra 100. Most people only kill three or four before the generator is turned on. You can kill ten total. What I'm saying is, start the generator and step off the platform before it turns on, knife more Templars while off the platform (I stand at QR). I stand back on the platform at around eight kills and then get two more and the generator turns on.

By now, the zombies will have gotten in and you'll notice it times out pretty well. I pick up the 2x from the reward box and line up two zombies, I then duck, and shoot six times in the stomach. (I know u can do 8 on legs, but you run the chance of missing) knife the first zombie and then shoot three more into the second zombie in line, then knife. Same for the rest of the round. Then pick up shovel and Maxis brain. You might get a nuke or an instakill, but as long as you have 2550 (doors 500 and 750 plus MP40 1300) while leaving the first room (going to generator 2) in between round one and two, you will be ok.

Anyway, I dont want to get too in-depth, but killing the Templars by stepping off the pad and lining up the zombies are good ways to get some extra points. I know 10pts from Templars is petty, but it adds up when you want to Pack a Punch the Mauser before round 8.

On round 2, its 20 Templar kills. I leave a slow zombie at the end of round 2 and stand in the corner near wunderfizz at generator 2 and kill as many Templars as I can before it gets too nuts with one shot headshots with the MP40 before letting it turn on.

I haven't tried it on round three, but I assume its 30 Templar kills allowed.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't step off the pad too quick, it will end and you've wasted 200 points. Give it a bit.

Totally, I was going to add this, but I like people to have to use their brain a little too. I wait until its past 3/4 full then step off.

When I said this "I know 10pts from Templars is petty, but it adds up when you want to Pack a Punch the Mauser before round 8." .... I should've said 'want to have Juggernog by round 4'

Another thing to look out for is when they send you three templars at once in a bunch. Going down on round 1 is no fun.