Maxis has been "dead" sense Origins began

bagel_

What I mean by this is something short and sweet.

Back before Origin's released, we got that teaser video with the subliminal pictures of some guy all chopped up and with his brain removed.

In the intro cinematic for Origins, we are shown the face of Maxis for the first time.

Later in the cutscene, we see that guy we saw missing his brain in the subliminal image.

Lastly, as soon as you spawn, you notice that the body is gone, however, there is a brain on a table that belongs to the Maxis Drone...

Ignoring the fact that the first body seemed to be missing a beard, can't we logically infer that the body is supposed to belong to Maxis? That would explain why it was hidden so subliminally in the teaser. Why was Richtofen removing his brain? I'm assuming it's because of the plague Dempsey had mentioned in his letter from the field. Why is this important? Because it settles pretty much everything important pre-Origins. You no longer can say we've never seen Maxis. I wouldn't call him dead, however. His brain can still process feelings and send signals to control his drone. Technically, he's still alive. But that's something to debate in Biology class.

That's just about it. Short and sweet, like I promised ;)

bagel_, out.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Funny how we all jumped he gun saying that he body was Maxis and ye we still were shocked to realize that it was Maxis. To be honest though, I'm not sure what the point of re-stating it is for. If you're trying to emphasize that he's been body-less all along, then it's kinda jumping too far without backtracking a bit. Do we know his figure during Der Riese? We just know that from the possibly factual beginning to the certain end, he was not in a human body.

This is a strange theory but it makes good sense. I can easily see this brainless body being Maxis' but it confuses me because later on he's most likely in a body when he's working at Der Riese around WWII. (I'm 99.9% sure that Maxis has a body later in the storyline. Someone can probably easily find evidence/proof that he has a body later on.) Possibly Maxis used some sort of teleportation via Aether, Agartha, etc. to enter another body, relating to the theory of Richtofen entering his old body.

• Administrators

So why was he so heavily restrained? I would assume pre - psychopath richtofen would sedate him. So was he is in the process of becoming zombified? Also what happened to his hand. My thought, maybe he was bitten and severing his arm was a way to slow the process.

The ONLY thing that supports Origins theory is the green preserve jars in Der Riese

http://i.imgur.com/iOZ28o6.jpg

Sorry had to use the mobile version as im not at home at the moment. EDIT out a Der Riese pic up i took now

Everything else has supported Maxis having his own body.

Radios proving His body is real as he tells Samantha to get behind him, Maxis being shot or shooting himself infront of Sam also. working in Kino on his own.

Again this this just off the top of my head but it all supports evidence contrary to Origins.

There is only one other distant possibility but all the above information kind of renders it a fail is if Maxis had his brain implanted into other bodies

Good post bagel.

I'm sure Richtofen has some quotes in Origins about removing Maxis' brain. And (is it in one of?) the 'Letters from the Field' Richtofen says that Maxis was turning, hence why he wanted to preserve his Brain?

The 3 Green Jars in Der Riese may be a possibility, maybe there are other clues in other maps & data.

But why would Maxis have a desk in Der Riese & Kino Der Toten?

Good post bagel.

I'm sure Richtofen has some quotes in Origins about removing Maxis' brain. And (is it in one of?) the 'Letters from the Field' Richtofen says that Maxis was turning, hence why he wanted to preserve his Brain?

The 3 Green Jars in Der Riese may be a possibility, maybe there are other clues in other maps & data.

But why would Maxis have a desk in Der Riese & Kino Der Toten?

The quote about maxis turning and Richtofen taking out his brain is an puzzle, other than the Green jars in Der Riese theres nothing in the other maps to even suggest this possibity

As for Richtofen and kino, Richtofen seems quite surprised about what is going on there, Maxis was working at kino in secret, he built the thundergun there and experimented with the Aether with the teleporters and the difference engine