How to setup for high rounds without touching mystery box.

way2g00d

Solo Guide to setup in Origins zombies map for high rounds without touching the mystery box.

This guide will help you set up for high rounds using Upgraded Ice staff, Boomhilda and Airstrikes by round 10.

Acknowledgements

I understand how much pain this map is to get setup and those silly downs from hording up zombies when you are simply trying to maximize points, mud slowing you down and you getting stomped by robots and when everything goes right, panzer taking you down by spitting fire or by grabbing you with his claw. This guide my dear friend will definitely help you going down the right path if you follow it step by step. I assume you have general knowledge of the map but I am still going to explain this from layman's point of view. If you have a better guide be sure to list them precisely in the manner I have written that is by round for clarity sake. Good luck and go #origins.

Round 1

Get shovel, maxis brain, start up generator 1. Get up to 1500 points by shooting Mauser 6x in zombies legs and then knife. Do not grab quick revive.

Round 2

Buy M14 and go for head-shots. You should have 3000 points by the end of round.

Round 3

(It's all about points, this ain't no Buried or Die Rise or Tranzit with a bank and a locker)

Let some zombies spawn, get 2x make points from reward chest and go for head shots. You should have 5000 points now, head out if it starts to snow. Why head shots? You don't want any nukes to end the round. As simple as that. You could get a bit more points by knifing but it won't really make much difference. (head shot = 100 points melee = 130 points)

Round 3 to 6

(Snow fall/Bro-fist stones)

At the end of round 3 head out towards tank station, your mission is to find all the parts from the ground for ice staff and also obtain airstrike grenades before round 8. Pick up bro-fest stone from the table in tank station. Open up to the workshop leading to no mans land. Find parts for the "zombie shield". If not go the other way towards generator 3. Use Mauser whenever you can to maximize points. Get Jugg right away, Craft zombie shield next to wind cave build-able. Get Stamin up and MP40. Head up to church and Place bro-fist stone in church fountain and kill some zombies using zombie shield. If shield wears out simply run away if you can or horde them up else where then re-buy shield and lead them back to the church near the stone. Patience is the key. Also you can get lucky with insta-kill. Head back to tank station at the end of round 6 or earlier so you can get some kills there.

Round 7

By the end of this round you must have the airstrike grenades. Once you are done killing zombies at church head to tank station (if you haven't at round 6) with a new shield and get enough kills there. Don't be afraid to run around a pick a new shield if this one breaks.

Round 8

(Panzer time)

Equip yourself with a new zombie shield. It is pay off time. As soon as panzer spawns be sure to run around the Jugg area hording up zombies in the process, Stamin-up is your best friend so keep some distance. Now time your airstrike grenades when panzer is 5 seconds away from you (remember airstrikes take about 7-10 seconds to fire). Use both of them and Kill panzer. If he is still not dead few shots to the head using MP40 will definitely knock him to the ground. Once dead, start working on the chests. By the end of this round you should have enough points to open PAP (2250 points) at get Boomhilda and Craft ice staff. You can also build the maxis drone now

Round 9

(Falcon Punch)

Get Falcon punch. It is time to fill up the chests (if you haven't already started this at round 8). Just make a horde of zombies and bring them to box locations (if you think it is unsafe) then stay there until it is full. Take the remainder of zombies to another location. Be sure to use shield/claymores/grenades and MP40/Boomhilda. Point is to kill them as soon as they spawn after the first horde so the robots don't reset the work you put in. Be sure to switch to your oh-shit handgun "Boomhilda" in case you think you are going to be cornered and just spray. If you do it right, you will be able to fill up all chests by end of round 9. It is time to upgrade ice staff. At the end of round 9, leave a zombie untouched. Do the puzzle for ice staff. Do the tombstones and set the levers at excavation site. Place the ice staff in pedestal at kill the last zombie. Follow this link if you are new to upgrading the staff.

Round 10

(Ultimate Ice staff)

Use the falcon punch to kill zombies in the crazy place. It is a insta-kill punch. You also have boomhilda, maxis drone and airstrikes for backup. After a minute of getting 20+ kills Sam will tell you that "the power of ice staff is in your hands..." and the souls stop flying . This means the staff is upgraded and ready to be picked. Pick it and leave the place by accessing the Teleporter.

It is totally up to you if you like to upgrade all the staff's at the same time. That is if you plan on using it at high rounds but ice staff has the most ammo.

===========

you are all set up without even touching the mystery box by round 10. Remember to get quick revive and speed cola when you get a chance.

Q/A (will be updated..)

Why not go for Raygun/Monkeys?

Beginning rounds is so crucial to setup and you need to use your points wisely. It is nice to get a Rifle, LMG, a ray gun or monkeys out of the box. But if you are unlucky the box will just troll you. And you will end up moving it and therefore triggering fire-sales. Why is fire sale bad? It is a waste of one out of six chances of getting max-ammo in high rounds when you really need it. Those crucial points can be used to get Boomhilda which is basically a 3 shot kill to Panzer in the face. And who needs unreliable monkeys when you have airstrikes. You can try your luck on box anytime but remember not to move it by using it too many times.

===========

Location for shield parts

Fire cave.

After you open first door, At dead end with the cart where a dead zombie is lying.

As soon as you open first door on either side of starting room.

By Jugg next to chest in the back wall.

Around excavation site where robot steps.

Above tank station where robot steps. Lined against the wall.

Next to AK74u by dead zombie by generator 3.

===========

Ice Staff

All Ice parts are obtained by digging when it is snowing, so do your best not to end the round unless you already searched every possible dig location.

I am sorry I won't be telling you where all the dig locations are :P

===========

This guide is written entirely by way2g00.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job Way,

I just get the sh*ts with doing everything & try to blaze my way through. I still haven't made a very high Solo round. I use the 2X on round 3 to try to get a little jump start. But from there I Pretty much just try to get the Agarthan Reaper & Kill Zombies.

I will have to try your technique out. Nice post.

Thanks Lithium and PINNAZ.

Agarthian reaper is great gun for starting rounds and even for higher rounds when insta-kill is on, recommended usage with mule kick. But it cannot replace Boomhilda. Also you will not be having anything as a backup for the first panzer at round 8 which seems to be a deal-breaker for most people 8-) If you don't plan on getting airstrike grenades you can definitely try for boomhilda by round 8. The only thing about it is though if you have both Boomhilda and reaper and want to try out a staff you need to get rid of one :)

Round 3

(It's all about points, this ain't no Buried or Die Rise or Tranzit with a bank and a locker)

Let some zombies spawn, get 2x make points from reward chest and go for head shots. You should have 5000 points now, head out if it starts to snow. Why head shots? You don't want any nukes to end the round. As simple as that. You could get a bit more points by knifing but it won't really make much difference. (head shot = 100 points melee = 130 points)

I have to disagree here. Head shot = 100 points yes. Melee = 130 points but also add in all the bullet points you can get.

Examples:

Round 1 : 6 shots (from the starting pistol) to the chest followed by a knife will give you 190 points per a kill.

If you get ammo for the pistol or use the M14

Round 2 :

Pistol : 8 shots to the chest followed by a knife = 210 points per a kill

M14: 1 shots to the chest followed by a knife = 140 points per a kill

Round 3 (double points round):

Pistol : 13 shots to the chest followed by a knife = 210/(520 DP) points per a kill

M14 : 2 shots to the chest followed by a knife = 150/(300 DP) points per a kill

Round 4:

Pistol : 16 shots to the chest followed by a knife = 290 points per a kill

M14 : 3 shots to the chest followed by a knife = 160 points per a kill

Round 5:

Pistol : 20 shots to the chest followed by a knife = 330 points per a kill

M14 : 4 shots to the chest followed by a knife = 170 points per a kill

After round 5 its best to switch to head shots as things can get dicey.

Now compared to your strategy of just 100 points per a kill in the first round yes it isn't much of a difference but you are harping that points is key so why wouldn't you try to maximize those points in the early rounds? If you get a nuke and its the beginning of a round then heck start over but you might just get lucky or get the nuke on the last zombie being killed to give you another 400. I suggest taking the risk especially in the early rounds. If you add it all up over the 5 rounds having patience you should have enough money to open up every door plus get almost all your perks and if you hold the last zombie at the end of round 5 you can build pretty much every staff except fire if you have good tactics.

• Administrators

Round 1 : 6 shots (from the starting pistol) to the chest followed by a knife will give you 190 points per a kill.

A better way would be eight shots to the leg with the starting pistol. And one shot with the m14 to the head. This maximizes your points at 2180 points plus windows and templars on round one and takes out the risk of hitting a nuke.

Round 3

I have to disagree here. Head shot = 100 points yes. Melee = 130 points but also add in all the bullet points you can get.

I never said not to get bullet points.What I meant above was to finish them off with head shots. Go for it if you have ammo left in your Mauser (or shoot once with m14 then head shot). But I wouldn't risk the knife because of following reason.

a. Getting nukes and Restarting is annoying.

b. High chance of taking double hit from zombies if you miss.

Do what works for you.

Keep the Mauser and horde them into groups of two. Dont use bullets unless they're going to hit more than one zombie.

Every bullet that goes through a zombie and hits another, is only half as strong when it hits the second zombie.

matty, you can hit them a few more times on each round...round 2 is twelve bullets, round 3 is two full Mauser clips I believe.

• 1 month later...

I almost forgot I made this guide.

Going to bump it as I made this when the map was only out for Xbox.

Please tell me if you dislike something or could have done differently.

Now my play style for this map is completely different.

I am very careless and play with no sound, I go straight to the box, get monkeys jugg , then I go for staffs in solo that is. I never made it past round 20 doing this though and has acquired several downs :lol:

I rank this map Hard for co-op i.e 7/10 to make it to Round 30.

and 10/10 being one of the hardest maps in solo for high rounds simply because there are too many elements in the map that can cause death. And when you have the right setup then you get stomped or get shitted upon by panzer while reloading.

Way i started playing more careless on solo, that is not trying to pap round 5, have three staffs by round 5, plus being ready to upgrade and it seems to be easier that way. Idk why but it may also be that i just stopped worrying about the damn airstrikes or the chests. The rewards for either of those two items are completely worthless and there is no point in getting them in my opinion. Unless of course you are doing the easter egg.

But that is my opinion, some may like them better.

The only thing I do differently is I dont shoot on round 1. Instead I use the double points on round 2. This saves 40 shots that for the most part will get collateral damage and get you more points in the end since there are 2 more zombies on round 2 then there are on round 1.

Way i started playing more careless on solo, that is not trying to pap round 5, have three staffs by round 5, plus being ready to upgrade and it seems to be easier that way. Idk why but it may also be that i just stopped worrying about the damn airstrikes or the chests. The rewards for either of those two items are completely worthless and there is no point in getting them in my opinion. Unless of course you are doing the easter egg.

This, this, this.

Careful on this map is the way to frustration. Bully your way pass Panzer, get to 10 and then you are set to go.

It's much less frustrating this way. If Panzer downs you, you lose 10 minutes.

If you spend 30 minutes getting to 8 and then die, man it's depressing.

1 knifing in spawn, 2 in bear gun area until 4, 5 in spawn with bear and * 2, 6 at gen 2 with mp40, end 6 turn on 4.....about 7 minutes to do all that.

If you still want airstrikes, get Ice by 11, clear panzer on 12 and then use Ice to fill the containers....takes at most 5 rounds.

So even if you get to 17, hoard them all up and run them back and forwards past the Church pedestal and then do the same at the Tank Station. Be patient, run on every hit and you will get them.

I agree that airstrikes and punch is unnecessary heck even monkeys are not needed. I absolutely agree to the point that having setup with everything just to down to panzer at round 8 is depressing and waste of time than cruising your way to round 8 and spending an extra minute to kill panzer with a wall gun.

Staff's and few box hits is all we need and we can compensate and save some time there. I think I am getting fired up for a solo game with all this talk :)

Oh and my downs were mostly because I was trying to speed my way to 50.

Chopper, what do you think is the record? an hour?

I'm not sure mate.

Best I can do or have seen is ready to camp at end of 15, 28 minutes. Rounds complete tickover starts at like 70 seconds, gaining on average 1 second per round. It's not possible in an hour mate.

Thanks for the info. With the variables you provided I made a little spreadsheet which tells us "in order to get to round 50, we need to get setup to camping with staffs under 11 minutes by round 15."

Well if you wanted to do a speed run, you prob wouldnt open up gen 5. Just to save points and time turning on the generator unless your speed run involved the lightning staff. But yeah the staff task to make ultimate i think lightning would indeed be faster but im still not sure it would be faster overall in rounds 30-50

I respond fully tomorrow but ultimately you need the boom to be able to camp the edge strategy. This is maybe 5 seconds slower than the ultimate camping spot but the panzer spawns in front of you, and you never, ever have to move until mid 50s. Everytime you have to deal with the panzer and move, you lose a fair bit of time.

You need to do everything during rounds as well for it to be real speed, and the boom helps on 10, 11 and 12 especially.