Can you get both versions of the ray gun in the same game??

Is it possible to get both ray guns??

Playing town the other day and got the ray gun on the first spin of mystery box. Since then, spent over 100,000 and no ray gun mark 2.

The first part of my question is "can you get the other ray gun whilst holding another?" Even though both versions of the ray guns are available from the box, would holding one version hinder your chance of getting the other?

I recall vaguely trading in ray gun for the mark 2 a while back on Buried. Never seen another occurrence again on any other maps. There is a chance I was either high or drunk, perhaps both, as well as imaginary hallucinations.

Part two of my ray gun question is "certain maps allow both versions but not all maps?"

I would be highly appreciated if anyone could provide hard evidence.

Thank you for reading. Go Steelers!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, if you have OG Ray Gun, you can't pull the Mk II out, and vice versa.

Buried seems to have a higher chance off pulling the Mk II out, I think because that was the map it was introduced on.

And you can get the Mk II on all maps if you have Vengeance map pack. All Green Maps, Grief, everything.

I think there might be a way to have both, but it would have a low chance of working, or maybe not at all.

Essentially it would be like Moon's trick where you can hold the Ray Gun, and the X2 at the same time, but different. If you have Tombstone and you've got the Mk II, you would go down by the Mystery Box. Have the 2nd player start the next round so you respawn. Now since you don't have anything on you, there's a chance you could get the original Ray Gun before you have to pick up your Tombstone. If you do, than you may be able to keep both if it replaces your other gun.

This could also work with Die Rise but with a higher chance possibly. With Mule Kick, I imagine a higher chance of keeping both instead of it replacing the Mk II.

Also I imagine this could work for PaP'd and non-PaP'd variants, just like Moon.

• Administrators

The game does not intend you to have both but there are ways. The relaxing end posted a video today of someone packing a porters and pulling a mark two out of an adjacent box. Or using whos who or tombstone with box or ray gun persistent perk. All methods are basically glitches that require a ton of luck. As far as I know there is no legit way to get both.

Could you have the ray gun persistent upgrade and just get a mark 2 out of the box, then go back up and have someone boost you up to get the Olympia, turning into the raygun?

It has crossed my mind a few times, but I've always felt better with mark two a Pap sniper and hopefully a wonder weapon, otherwise I do another sniper or LMG.

Could you have the ray gun persistent upgrade and just get a mark 2 out of the box, then go back up and have someone boost you up to get the Olympia, turning into the raygun?

It has crossed my mind a few times, but I've always felt better with mark two a Pap sniper and hopefully a wonder weapon, otherwise I do another sniper or LMG.

Yep those are one of the ways. You could get both versions of the ray gun OR the rgm2 and the ray gun.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got them without fire sale, just buying it from the box.

It took some luck and a lot of hits on the box before i would get both, but i did it some months ago,

maybe 3-4 so i dont know if they have patched it now. But i usually dont use the internet much so i dont always update stuff when it comes

out :)