Internet crisis

Stop Mocking Me0

Ok, I'm only putting this here due to the fact it is ALL about origins, concidering this is the map it started happening...

It's weird, I can play origins for like, 30 minutes, then i get disconnected from the servers, then Xbox live it's self... This only started happening after i downloaded origins.... Doesn't happen in minecraft or portal 2 co-op, JUST origins... Is the amount of memory taken up by the map effecting how long I can play? Or is it just my internet provider being a jerk?

I looked up some answers online and they said to change the dns server name manually to 8.8.8.8 secondary: 8.8.4.4...... While this DID help with internet connection in general, it did NOT help with the main issue....

Is origins too big of a map to play on?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Two words: better internet. If you're still trying to work through dial-up connections in the Stone Age, you may want to test your connection speeds.

http://www.speedtest.net/

This is actually a really handy tool for determining how well your internet is treating you. The problem I have sometimes is playing with a host who essentially has crap connection so the rest of us are fluttering around with 2-3 bars.

If you are having hardware issues like freezing and such, invest in a cooler for your console or clear unnecessary data that might be building up.

Yes. Increase your internet speed, if you can.

Another vitally important thing you can try to do is update the firmware in your router/modem. Using the Deafult Gateway (Windows) or Router (Mac) Address, browse to that address to access your router/modem configuration page. Then look under an 'Advanced', 'Utilities', or 'Diagnostic' section and find an 'Upgrade/Update Firmware' button. Where within the configuration page this process is found depends on the mmanufacturer of your router/modem, but most should have the option in them somewhere.

Two words: better internet. If you're still trying to work through dial-up connections in the Stone Age, you may want to test your connection speeds.

http://www.speedtest.net/

This is actually a really handy tool for determining how well your internet is treating you. The problem I have sometimes is playing with a host who essentially has crap connection so the rest of us are fluttering around with 2-3 bars.

If you are having hardware issues like freezing and such, invest in a cooler for your console or clear unnecessary data that might be building up.

It's not dial up it's satellite... Not sure which one is worse... But the satellite works FAIRLY reasonably after a few days or hours... This time it just hasn't fixed it's self....

Would a large flash drive cause something like this though? i've been using one sense buried and nothing has gone wrong, other then the SUPER long process of turning ON the device....

And it's not the host, I get this when playing solo....

Disconnect the flash drive. If it works, yes, it's the drive. Could have malware on the drive hijacking the internet...

Doubt it, it was brand new from the store...

But the issue is, origins is ON the drive.. and I have no idea how long that will take to not only move the origins over, but to open up space on the hard drive....

Sigh... I'll see what i can do... :(