Does the Zombies team even take Zombies seriously anymore?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't aware things were heated, I can debate without attitudes changing ;)

It's fine you disagree birdman, and I see your point. But it isn't absurd to look further into the match for me in terms of rounds. On round one I am planning on my gears for 50+ rounds, which is indeed a result of the bank. It is only because I know I can get through early rounds with just about any gun within reason, it's not challenging for me. But to blast through them and get to the real fun of the challenge is why I use the bank.

I don't always use it, and my top three maps aren't even bank maps. I just use it as a way to shed an hour or two off my game :? You won't see me complaining if they don't add it in the next installment. But it's in the game, so I use it to my advantage and even share points. If I have a full bank and I have over 200k points on me, I'll fill someone elses bank for them.

Wouldn't know about round 100, never seen it :P I can not make it past 60 rounds (on buried) and I could go farther but out of boredom I suicided.

They probably don't even take the campaign seriously.

Call of Duty was at it's finest during WAW. Incl zombies, MP and single player story.

The nostalgia is mostly why new maps can't contend, no matter how much work is put into story or graphics, it just won't be the same as when you discovered zombies. No matter the subject, nostalgia always beats new.

The nostalgia is mostly why new maps can't contend, no matter how much work is put into story or graphics, it just won't be the same as when you discovered zombies. No matter the subject, nostalgia always beats new.

Oh boy I hear you there. Ever tried talking to a Pokemon fan who thinks Gen I is the best? Hasn't played Gen IV, V, and VI (isn't even out -_-), claims they suck and that they should've stopped with Red, Blue and Yellow.

Luckily most people don't let nostalgia get the better of them, well at least Pokemon fans. Zombie fans, that's a different story unfortunately.

They probably don't even take the campaign seriously.

Call of Duty was at it's finest during WAW. Incl zombies, MP and single player story.

Here's the thing, Kino Der Toten was my first zombie map on Wii.

So when I bought WAW/WAW Remakes for Xbox, I honestly prefered all the WAW maps [Except Shi No Numa] over the BO1 maps.

IMO WAW had the perfect atmosphere for zombies, likewise with the story [Not including Nacht] as it made searching every inch of the map fun for those hidden story-progressing radios. [RIP 2009 - 2011]

Well think of it this way?

The camp. Team, which the gameplay is all designed by the same people who make up the gameplay of the zombies team, so they can only take responsibility of the story and some of what new things were added... SO! Looking back,

A dark and stormy map with new characters to black ops two with their names labeled next to their points at all times. There should be a compleatly new sheild, as well as a way to upgrade the wonder weapon by ways other then pack-a-punch! There should also be a way to upgrade wonder weapons by performing tasks rather then conventional means. There should also be a larger zombie running arround the map that hurts more then the other zombies! Maybe a way to remove access to certain perks and the box... Maybe a the boss zombie(s) could do this... The box should be compleatly new as well, and pack a punch shouldn't be the EXACT way they Remeber it... They also need an area that when accessed makes them free from zombies until they end up surviving a fall from a rediculously tall hight. Maybe there should be things arround the map that need zombie souls too! Once you fill them all you could get some kind of new really powerful weapon! OH! And the Easter egg will end the game! Perfect! Fire sales should be in this map too, but not carpenders,,, Radios transitions are need too! And of COURSE what would we be without a weapon from the WAW days that everyone thought would be grand but we'll nerf the HECK out of it!

Now which map am I talking about? MOTD or Origins? :roll:

The camp. Team did the same thing twice, where as the zombies team has always included something NEW and relevant to the storyline... Huckleberry, the nova jumpers, zombies with FUCKING TOP HATS!

i argee with mocking. campaign team has made things about as fresh as expired milk,while zombies team tried things new and exciting,even if they arent liked by many. i liked the bo1 maps better then bo2's maps,but the reason i play the bo2 maps is that they always had something setting them apart,even if i hated them.

Tranzit give us buildables and brought us a bus.

Die Rise brought verticality to us.

Motd brought us complex puzzles and afterlife.

Buried brought us the giant and top hat zombies.

I havent played origins but i know we got digging for stuff,challages(in game ones),and new ways of getting perks.

If that isnt serious to you i dont know what is.

Well think of it this way?

The camp. Team, which the gameplay is all designed by the same people who make up the gameplay of the zombies team, so they can only take responsibility of the story and some of what new things were added... SO! Looking back,

A dark and stormy map with new characters to black ops two with their names labeled next to their points at all times. There should be a compleatly new sheild, as well as a way to upgrade the wonder weapon by ways other then pack-a-punch! There should also be a way to upgrade wonder weapons by performing tasks rather then conventional means. There should also be a larger zombie running arround the map that hurts more then the other zombies! Maybe a way to remove access to certain perks and the box... Maybe a the boss zombie(s) could do this... The box should be compleatly new as well, and pack a punch shouldn't be the EXACT way they Remeber it... They also need an area that when accessed makes them free from zombies until they end up surviving a fall from a rediculously tall hight. Maybe there should be things arround the map that need zombie souls too! Once you fill them all you could get some kind of new really powerful weapon! OH! And the Easter egg will end the game! Perfect! Fire sales should be in this map too, but not carpenders,,, Radios transitions are need too! And of COURSE what would we be without a weapon from the WAW days that everyone thought would be grand but we'll nerf the HECK out of it!

Now which map am I talking about? MOTD or Origins? :roll:

The camp. Team did the same thing twice, where as the zombies team has always included something NEW and relevant to the storyline... Huckleberry, the nova jumpers, zombies with FUCKING TOP HATS!

how on earth do the jumpers, big friend from buried and zombies with hats have ANYTHING relevant to do with the storyline.?

And all of your gripes about origins sound like they are coming from someone who has never played it, or isn't good enough to enjoy it.

the only thing i agree with your complaints is the EE ending the game, however, this time they made it a choice to end and watch the cutscene, but you don't have to you still get the achievement.

I've played origins... And I really didn't like it... The only upside IMO is the O4 characters...

I've gotten to round 32 commonly, and TBH it seems like a LOT of busy work for not much reward...

Take the staffs for example the ice one and the fire one are reasonably do-able without much hassle and they're very rewarding, but the wind and the lightning ones are simply mindless taxing waiting...

Also, what I'm getting at is that the jumpers, avagadro, hats on zombies and huck are all new aspects to BO2, where as a bosses on MOTD and origins are essentially the same, only one has some extra reach...

Even so, the ending was horrible and a cop-out... Not MOTD's that was great-new- and didn't need to be repeated... But origins was essentially the same thing...

How the hell are zombies with top hats innovative? I agree with everything else but when someone puts that as their "Buried features" or whatever I can only think your dumb. (Dumb is the nicest word I can think of)

Clearly one can't see the the amazement of top-hat zombies, they didn't have to add the feature of making their hats removable, or even add the animation of a hat rolling off. It wasn't nessisary, but Zelinski did it either way, to please us...

He could have just left the zombies normal, but that's not the way the "zombies team" does things :D

I've played origins... And I really didn't like it... The only upside IMO is the O4 characters...

I've gotten to round 32 commonly, and TBH it seems like a LOT of busy work for not much reward...

Take the staffs for example the ice one and the fire one are reasonably do-able without much hassle and they're very rewarding, but the wind and the lightning ones are simply mindless taxing waiting...

Completely agree with all of the above statements. Origin's is not that great of a map. Looks amazing, and has some really good features, but it is a chore to play through, and is not what I would have expected for a final DLC map to tide us over till the next game.

Easter Egg is challenging, but has no lasting appeal. Done it twice and have no intention of EVER doing it again.

I know this is not everyone's opinion, but I feel that Origins was a massive letdown, and that is me not taking the tragic end sequence into the equation.

I honestly hate the zombies gamemode in Black Ops 2. The zombie team IMO wrecked it for me. I miss the feel of the old maps from WaW and Black Ops 1.

Well that's just activision and trayarch in general,

In waw it was a popular mode so they created four maps and thought: hmmm people like this,

Then blackops came and was amazing! Everyone loved it and it accumulated vast amounts of cash, leading Trayrch to think: wow! We should totally put this mode in a bigger spotlight!

That was the mistake... That's what led to the new engine, which doesn't help at all because once one guy quits the game is practically over anyways... Everyone goes and says: UUUG! It doesn't count now!

The only benefit is the A:Bigger maps and B:Custom-joinable games.. which honestly could be re-created for the next gen. Console version of trayarch's next game, meaning we may see the return of a zombies-only engine which would be great because A: Big maps are a plus! B: Actually powerfull wonder weapons are a plus! C: Migratable host is a plus!

The move fromBO1 to BO2 was also crippleing to the storyline too, because the game now focuses more on the gameplay rather then the story, which is the OPPOSITE of what they should be doing....

If I or 75% of any of the people from this site were in charge, the zombies mode would NOT be this bad, but Saddly... We get vonderhar's men... Long story short it's the company to blame, not the gameplay-designers...

• 4 weeks later...

Don't you dare say that origins had a back story that makes sense. They took the storyline, chopped it up, set it on fire, and put it in a blender. Then blew it up. the campaign team makes awesome maps, but for my friends and I, they get way to old way to fast. I liked how they made their own storyline for more, but they shouldn't add to the normal storyline. Because they messed it up so badly.

I have tried to follow this discussion, but I struggle with it.

For me Origins is the absolute ultimate zombie map. From a mechanics point of view.

I don't know who made it, but they did an incredible job.

Maybe the story wasn't as good, I don't know. If it was the original team, they hit it out of the park with Origins. If it wasn't, then whoever they are they are needed for Bo3.

I have tried to follow this discussion, but I struggle with it.

For me Origins is the absolute ultimate zombie map. From a mechanics point of view.

I don't know who made it, but they did an incredible job.

Maybe the story wasn't as good, I don't know. If it was the original team, they hit it out of the park with Origins. If it wasn't, then whoever they are they are needed for Bo3.

You do realize origins is just a harder version of MotD right? That's where a good 70% of the mechanics came from...

You do realize origins is just a harder version of MotD right? That's where a good 70% of the mechanics came from...

I'm not talking about it in that respect. Mechanics/Buildables/Map layout - all these combined are what I'm judging on. Whether they may be from Buried/MOTD/wherever isn't completely relevant to my point.

Origins is about as perfect a map as they have done, whichever team it was :)

I'd like to point out that there are some key differences between MotD and Origins. Especially in Map Layout. However weaponry and many other things differ too.

Origins is no more a MotD clone, than every BO1 zombies map was a clone of Der Riese.

Also, IT WAS NEVER STATED THAT THE CAMPAIGN TEAM MADE MotD OR Origns. That was a rumor that was started and never squashed. There is no official statements anywhere saying that our normal zombies team was not involved with the creation of these maps.