Favorite Easter Egg Song?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's some great hidden songs in zombies, but my favourite would have to be "The One". It has such a catchy chorus that just gets stuck in my head. 4 years later & I still sing it when ever I hear the words 'The One". In fact, it is now stuck in my head.

"I've been waiting, for someone, to find me, and become a part of me

I've been waiting for you, to come here, and kill me, and set me free

I've been waiting for the one"

When you open the moon MPD & Samantha rises, it makes you think that this is what the songs lyrics are talking about.

• 2 weeks later...

Just about the hardest question ever. Zombies music is consistently amazing minus one exception (Coming Home).

If I had to choose my favorite, it would be either Not Ready to Die, Always Running, Lullaby for a Deadman, or 115.

To rank them all:

1. Not Ready to Die - AX7's first contribution, a long, terrific song revolving around Richtofen.

2. 115 - epic start to Black Ops' Zombies, definitely intense for one of the best maps to date, and Elena's best.

3. Always Running - A slower, but no less amazing favorite. Malukah easily succeeds Elena.

4. Lullaby for a Deadman - back in the days of old when Zombies was just beginning, a slow, despairing song set the mood for the creepy, horrific and desolate Verruckt.

5. We All Fall Down - Clark comes to form with a song from Maxis, focusing on the story, and seemingly hinting at things to come. I got the vibe from the latter parts of the song - "we can still see ashes in their eyes, but until it crashes..." - that the Zombies story we so love is far from over. So stay tuned.

6. The One - a creepy, slow song that was when we really got entrenched in the Zombies story, when it really started with the first appearance of the O4 and the backstory. Fitting, since we were entrenched in the muck of the swamp of death.

7. Where Are We Going? - Malukah's first song and even though it's the shortest, it's absolutely stunning. In a map that introduces so much and changes up a lot, Malukah asks where we are going. With songs like this, frankly I don't care, I'm coming. It sounds like a cross between a lullaby and a Hans Zimmer piece.

8. Pareidolia - A quite beautiful song with an extremely foreboding tone that foreshadowed Richtofen's scheme coming to a head soon, with Zombies changing forever, as well as the presence of Lucifer/Ancient Evil/etc. That ending piano is just incredible.

9. Nightmare - The true Easter Egg song to Moon, easily surpassing Elena's offering. Even though it wasn't written for the story like Not Ready to Die was, I can't help but still imagine parts of the song being from Richtofen's point of view during Black Ops' season finale.

10. Beauty of Annihilation - A fan-favorite and for good reason, an excellent season finale to the Zombies we so love in a map we so love.

11. Carrion - Clark's first song, and the kick-off to Black Ops II's Zombies. What 115 was to Black Ops, this is to Black Ops II. Intense, and it sounds like it truly was spawned from eternal night by infernal rite in Hell. It's a real badass boast for Richtofen and it fits the hellish apocalypse we must survive in Tranzit. Also digging the references to past songs.

12. Abracadavre - A long song that is creepy and slow in some parts, but epic in others. Still not that bad.

I'm not rating Undone and Archangel just yet, simply because I haven't listened to them over and over again like I have with every other song. Both are definitely excellent from the few times I have listened to them, however. But damn, I could write an ad the way I described these songs.