Randoms not using mic in this map.

Blagal

I cannot begin to describe how stupid it is to have someone join a game with a MIC plugged in then not use it, it doesn't seem to make sense that someone with the capabilities of talking to others and communicating would choose not to. Its only bad on this map I swear. Anyone else facing this same issue?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I prefer not to use mics when not needed. I know to some that defeats the purpose of playing Co-op Zombies, but I honestly get tired of someone screaming "revive me bro i haz staff" or somebody wanting to do the Easter Egg for the 400th time. You can play a great game yet still have good communication without mics. Leave a crawler for 5 minutes - if no one bothers to kill it, that usually tells you the team isn't ready just yet.

Also, bear in mind some people use those God-awful Kinects.

I prefer not to use mics when not needed. I know to some that defeats the purpose of playing Co-op Zombies, but I honestly get tired of someone screaming "revive me bro i haz staff" or somebody wanting to do the Easter Egg for the 400th time. You can play a great game yet still have good communication without mics. Leave a crawler for 5 minutes - if no one bothers to kill it, that usually tells you the team isn't ready just yet.

Why not just play solo if you don't want to co-op?

Don't think I've ever played a good game of Zombies without mics. If there's a guy in the party without a mic you can bet your ass he's going to steal all your early round kills, not open any doors, raid the box every time he gets 950 pts , then drop out on round 12 because you couldn't get to him to revive him because he's decided to camp on the other side of the map from the rest of you.

Don't even ready up these days unless everyone has a mic and is talking.

• Administrators

I prefer them not so much for the game play aspect, but more for entertainment in the long games. It's nice to have someone to chat with as you are endlessly running cirlces. Also some players are just shy or are using kinects like infest had pointed out. I would take no mic to a kinect echo any day of the week.

Don't think I've ever played a good game of Zombies without mics. If there's a guy in the party without a mic you can bet your ass he's going to steal all your early round kills, not open any doors, raid the box every time he gets 950 pts , then drop out on round 12 because you couldn't get to him to revive him because he's decided to camp on the other side of the map from the rest of you.

Lol..That's pure gold bulls**t you're talking up there^. I don't play with a mike and have had the same experiences, that you mentioned above, with snobby hitler miker's.

To be honest, why people even try to play hardcore maps like MOON, buried, and Origins without mics is ridiculous, the lack of coordination is poor making all kinds of hell for every one,

Ghost randomly appearing, No one has powered up the 4th gen. by round 8, there's only one hacker because the noob doesn't know you can share it and refuses to put it down. AND OF COURSE saving a full zombie... You can't "save" a crawler anymore, crawlers are borderline useless now... Not like in moon... You need a FULL living, non-damaged zombie... Given in origins this is easier with the whole dig thing, but people STILL insist on killing the last zombie despite EVERYONE needs it alive...

• Tech Admin

You don't need a mic to communicate with others in the game, if your down you don't need to tell someone over the mic, they can see your down and roughly whereabouts.

If you need someone to open a door or do something, shoot to the location or melee the item. I sometimes prefer to play without the MIC purely on the basis that I cannot be arsed talking and just want to play.

It does not mean that I will steal all the early rounds kills or be a box whore. It actually pisses me off that you assume that, you don't need to have a MIC to communicate in the game. Sure it's beneficial but it's not necessary and high rounds can be achieved without MICS.

I'm a team player, I'm generally the first person to open the doors to gen 2, I do without a gun and use my knife to get kills and then get the MP40. I'm generally in the robots foot first and digging to get the ice part and grabbing the shield parts.

Don't assume that because players have no MIC we are all the same.

This has nothing to do with us being racist towards no-mics it's just the simple fact things are infinitely harder to do when no one can lead... Noone saying: Leave a zombie, and sure that's ok in die rise or survival, but in origins you NEED to save a zombie to build and upgrade staffs.... In buried you NEED to save a zombie or something to get Leroy to one things and/or lock down the box... In MOTD I can not TELL you how many times some ass hat left me behind or stole all MY hard work for the free Blundergat...

You have a point but I was directing it towards the people who have it plugged into the controller (shows icon next to gamertag) and choose not to reply when asked if they talk or not which shouldn't have to be asked in the first place -.-

I personally avoid lobbies of people that when I first enter they keep repeating "u talkin" over and over. I talk when I need to, lol. In my experience the people that talk the most and complain about people not having mics are the first ones to quit anyways. It's always different though.

You don't need a mic to communicate with others in the game, if your down you don't need to tell someone over the mic, they can see your down and roughly whereabouts.

If you need someone to open a door or do something, shoot to the location or melee the item. I sometimes prefer to play without the MIC purely on the basis that I cannot be arsed talking and just want to play.

It does not mean that I will steal all the early rounds kills or be a box whore. It actually pisses me off that you assume that, you don't need to have a MIC to communicate in the game. Sure it's beneficial but it's not necessary and high rounds can be achieved without MICS.

I'm a team player, I'm generally the first person to open the doors to gen 2, I do without a gun and use my knife to get kills and then get the MP40. I'm generally in the robots foot first and digging to get the ice part and grabbing the shield parts.

Don't assume that because players have no MIC we are all the same.

-RESPECT-

I use my headset that has a built in mic so it can't really turn the mic part off.

Hell, I'll admit, I rarely talk on zombies. I only talk when I need to. Which isn't much. Most of the time I don't even feel like talking anyway.

I do often get into lobbies with people who all have mics and sit there and yell at me to talk or something then they leave because I don't. I don't care really, I usually can find good randoms without mics.

People often associate a mic with skill but it really doesn't... Hell I recently beat my record on Der Riese with randoms, WITHOUT mics.

It depends on who I'm playing with really. I usually don't use my mic, unless I'm playing with friends or random adults (sorry kiddos)

Talking from experience, It's for the better. As 9/10 times I do talk to kids they go from

"[high pitched clipping voice] Look guys this is how we need to survive" to "Zomg what's your bra size" in the blink of an eye.

- Heather

• 2 weeks later...

Oh god, do NOT get me started:

Ey caw da Lightnin stick^*^&(*&^$##-aff!

NOOOOOO I WAN IT!

OK Ok heres, here's what we need to do! To do to survive!

Kilw it! Kiwl IT!

OH MY GOD I WENT DOWN! WAT DA FAWK!?!?! WAT DA FAWK!

(crying) Buh i dont want da fire stick... I DONT WANT THE FIRE STAFF!!!!

Lol had a little kid back out because I jokingly said, "I call fire staff :D" His tiny brain couldn't perceive sarcasm so he backed out. I avoid talking to little kids, they are the only ones I can't stand unless I want a game where I just want to listen to their constant bickering amongst each other XD The stuff they come up with I tell you...just blows my mind. Anyway when I started this thread I wanted to just press on a issue that involved people having it plugged in and not using it, not a Kinect mic or anything else, they literally have a legit mic plugged in, said maybe 2 things then stop talking and show no communication skills past that point.

That is the most flawed BS I've ever read. How would you know if micless randoms were that bad? You just said you don't ready up unless everyone is talking.

You had a few bad experiences, and then decided to judge ALL micless randoms based on what I'm betting is less than 1% of the micless players, AND you refuse to gather any more data, or to verify your hypothesis?

I'm not quite following why you believe yourself to be the one who is "right" in this situation

• Administrators

I look to a day when people will not be judged by their rank or miclessness, but by the content of their character.-Dr. Boom Bye Yeah Jr.

This debate is going no where. I've been burned by players of all ranks, ages, and communication abilities.

ster·e·o·type

noun

noun: stereotype; plural noun: stereotypes

1. a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing.

Stereotyping is bad, even when it's positive. Assuming a shot gun rank is part of the elite, is just as bad as assuming SG rank is going to back out of a game. Assigning the stereotypes can be alienating or depressing for players. Driving them to in fact be the douchers, trollers, or quitters. My recommendation to you is to play each game one at a time and to always assume good intent. Ever think: "Hey maybe this guy doesn't own a mic; or maybe it's broken. Or perhaps it's just his personal preference that he has the right to ;)". Hell maybe this guy is sick and doing you a solid by not hacking in your ear constantly(I wish more people were that courteous).

I'm on the fence about that. I mean, sure, non-discrimination sounds wonderful and everything, however, it is a fact that if you plot x versus y, causalities can ensue. Rank, mic, even gender are not immune to it. For example, statistically women have hearts that weigh less. Stereotypes are very bad, I agree. However, one must objectively remember that relationships can exist. For example, a single-bone-ranked player may be a great player or a horrible player. But given how the ranking system works, I would wager that if one were to plot the relationship, a causality of single-bone-rank to bad player could appear. I'm not going to argue about what relationships exist, but I do suggest that people on both sides of the argument keep an open mind. Does a category automatically subjugate those within it? No. Does it mean that they are automatically immune from it? No. My belief is that each person is allowed a judgement based on his or her own actions. While a predetermined category might give me a personal impression based on statistical relationships, I can never know for certain who you are until I know who you are.

Very well said MMX.

Correlations can and do exist.

But crass generalizations, and rude behavoir resulting from them are never excusable.

When it comes to something as dynamic as human behavior, and something as trivial as cooperation in a semi-co-op style game, you definitely have no real right or excuse to be so judgemental about others based on whether they meet your "mic check" standards.

Especially when your generalization causes you to take action that strictly counteracts your ability to justify your actions, ie:

Micless or silent mics are terrible players and you can bet they will box whore, kill steal, and rage quit. Because of this, I no longer ready up unless everyone talks.

this makes it impossible for you to ever prove yourself right or wrong, because you won't give others a chance.

Ahhh, what a debatable topic. This is practically on the religion-politics level of discussability, so many opinions and such. Well, here is my two cents. As a hardcore zombies player (shotgun rank, etc) I have certain search criteria I follow when searching for matches. It is as follows: The minimum rank in the lobby must be a skull or up, all players must have a mic and have said something, and, based upon their speaking voice, their age should appear to be 14 years old and up (basically no "squeakers").

Now I don't judge and classify people because I like to, I do it based upon personal experience. If I am going to spend my time playing a game of zombies I want to be sure I have a decent team who won't quit out. I can honestly say I have never played with a bone-rank player who wasn't dreadful at the game/quit out early, so that one is obvious. The mic part is to confirm age, maturity, and verify there are no rage-quitters present. The final criteria is based upon the fact that the large majority of child players will quit out/play badly.

While it would be downright false to say there are no good players with the bone rank, or that there aren't some 12 year olds who can tear it up at zombies, Its just not worth it to take the chance. Im not saying everyone needs to be talking like crazy, I keep my mic muted usually and don't talk a whole lot unless I like my teammates, but I just like to know the option is there. And there you go, thats my position on mic's.

Ahhh, what a debatable topic. This is practically on the religion-politics level of discussability, so many opinions and such. Well, here is my two cents. As a hardcore zombies player (shotgun rank, etc) I have certain search criteria I follow when searching for matches. It is as follows: The minimum rank in the lobby must be a skull or up, all players must have a mic and have said something, and, based upon their speaking voice, their age should appear to be 14 years old and up (basically no "squeakers").

Now I don't judge and classify people because I like to, I do it based upon personal experience. If I am going to spend my time playing a game of zombies I want to be sure I have a decent team who won't quit out. I can honestly say I have never played with a bone-rank player who wasn't dreadful at the game/quit out early, so that one is obvious. The mic part is to confirm age, maturity, and verify there are no rage-quitters present. The final criteria is based upon the fact that the large majority of child players will quit out/play badly.

While it would be downright false to say there are no good players with the bone rank, or that there aren't some 12 year olds who can tear it up at zombies, Its just not worth it to take the chance. Im not saying everyone needs to be talking like crazy, I keep my mic muted usually and don't talk a whole lot unless I like my teammates, but I just like to know the option is there. And there you go, thats my position on mic's.

Very well said in my opinion.

Generally, the way i handle this sort of thing, i follow my own set of rules and force people to leave the lobby if necessary

1. All players must have mics

2. No children/squeakers/kids/low quality mics

3. All players must have at least the Skull w/ Knife rank

4. No Split-screeners

I've earned my shotgun rank on six separate accounts on PSN already, and one account on XBL, so i do believe i've earned the right to choose who i will and will not play with.

Call me a jerk, Call me a no-life, Call me a douche all you like. I've simply grown tired of putting up with the bullshit from other people these days, so i take precautions to avoid said bullshit in the future.

A Necessary Evil, if you will.

Generally, the way i handle this sort of thing, i follow my own set of rules and force people to leave the lobby if necessary

1. All players must have mics

2. No children/squeakers/kids/low quality mics

3. All players must have at least the Skull w/ Knife rank

4. No Split-screeners

I've earned my shotgun rank on six separate accounts on PSN already, and one account on XBL, so i do believe i've earned the right to choose who i will and will not play with.

Call me a jerk, Call me a no-life, Call me a douche all you like. I've simply grown tired of putting up with the bullshit from other people these days, so i take precautions to avoid said bullshit in the future.

A Necessary Evil, if you will.

The thing is its not evil... Just makes you seem a bit un-fun.... Boreing if you will! :D so much focus on achieving high goals you loose the reason your playing: To have fun!

Also many good players, such as myself, can't get skulls with knives that easilly. It's a bit hard when you can't play that often, internet sucks And/or your little siblings play on your account... Not Having a knife doesn't Instantly make your player inferior to others...