POLL: What Gameplay element in Origins makes it the easiest?

ETEl2NAL407

Hey CoDZ... I am creating this poll in an effort to arrive at creating a challenge for the Olympics which I'm about to get going again very soon. I have been working closely with InfestLithium to create unique map challenges that promote quicker games (for recording/monitoring purposes) and help eliminate any easy, god-mode abilities.

I am wrestling with Origins, though because I can't exactly nail down what makes this map easy (probably because it's not that easy at all) so, please...Vote on what you think makes this map easy. Also, make a reply with some reasons behind it because that will greatly help me in making a decision for how to craft a challenge for Origins.

When placing your vote, keep in mind that if you were to do without the element you're voting for, basically you think this map would be nearly impossible.

So we're having a vote to decide what element, when eliminated from the game, would make Origins extremely difficult. I'll keep this voting open for a few weeks!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gone for Generators 4-6.

Without these generators you loose a lot:

No Jugg (Damn windmill armed zombie b*st*rds)

No Stamin-up (Damn Mud)

No Wunderfizz (It always starts at 4 or 5 for me)

No Fire-Staff (The head of the staff is for doing generator 6)

No PaP Machine ( :o ... :cry: )

As well as this it limits the mystery box, if it moves to the wrong place you screwed.

Also may I make a suggestion for the list, no opening the excavation site. This eliminates all staffs and PaP machine at the same time.

Also may I make a suggestion for the list, no opening the excavation site. This eliminates all staffs and PaP machine at the same time.

Since I've already included Staves as an option on the poll, I don't want to have a ton of options that will kinda be like voting for the same thing, but I do very much like that idea. Isn't it only one debris/barrier to open the Excavation/Dig site?

Since I've already included Staves as an option on the poll, I don't want to have a ton of options that will kinda be like voting for the same thing, but I do very much like that idea.

Fair point, the list would be a mile long before you know it. Don't think its the same though, no staves, PaP, Mule-Kick, and no entry to the Crazy Place for an easy place to train.

Isn't it only one debris/barrier to open the Excavation/Dig site?

Yes it is one debris, opening one side opens the other for you too.

This question is pretty hard to answer. Origins itself is a very hard map. Without the bank/locker, things actually take time. Not 3 hours on Round 1, but slowly progressing through the rounds. It's a VERY nice change of pace from the endless round one, and I'm glad Team Zombies didn't include it.

To your question, it's honestly hard to choose. Obviously, you lose even one generator you're out of luck in multiple ways. The Tank loses its use outside of getting a staff part, but it's fun to ride on. Der Wunderfizz can net you some very sweet perks, but you can live without Deadshot, PHD, Eletric Cherry, and Double Tap II. They are crucial to have, but it's obviously not a game ender if I don't get DTII. The Maxis Drone acts like an automated fifth player (who's better than 90 percent of human players :P), but four is good enough. He's great to have for those tough revives, but you can use more firepower than Maxis and grab Stamin-Up for getting to that downed friend. The shield is a safety net, allowing you to be more risky. It's great to not worry about backstabs, so this is runner-up for me. Challenge rewards are great, but you can easily go on without it. You've managed for all these maps. It's nice to be able to say "POW! Right in the kisser!" every time you melee with Thunder Fists in pubs, but it's not necessary.

In all honesty, I'd choose the staves. Generators are the easy answer since you obviously lose very important things (Box, PaP, Perks, and more), so I went with the staves. I'm glad we have AMMO-BASED, 4 player WWs this time around. Replacing them with a 1 player Wonder Weapon would hurt your team so much since you can't exactly camp in Origins. You're Always Running. It's hard enough to GET the staves, can you even imagine if they were gone?

Wow, all of that just to answer a single question. Jeez, I may as well post in Zombie Stories at this rate!

Great reply Gamechanger...Thanks so much.

I wanted to offer one of my opinions about this:

I'm seeing with most times I play this map the initial box spawn usually at Gen. 3 or 2, so without those gennies, whether you turn on 4-6 or not, you'd still have no box. Is that right? Does anyone know of a way to make the box change locations if the initial spawn hasn't been powered on? I honestly don't think it's possible, so that almost makes the question: What's more important, Jugg, Stamin-Up, and a Reward Chest or the Box?

The thing that makes the map 'easy' in my experienced opinion: no mans land. There is plenty of area to simply group them behind you and then take out the group/ repeat.

What kills you is the same as every zombie map: inconsistent functionality and programming bugs. I really hate shooting the robot feet only to have the gate open and then crush me anyway. That happens way too often. And patch the damn reload error in zombies and mp. It has been consistant since a patch in July or August.

Thank goodness for theater mode allowing us to review all of the game bugs.

I'm filing the dig abilities under rewards, getting a shotgun from the ground or the ice staff is helpful in the early rounds and later on respectively. Also it's the only way in the game to obtain all 9 perks, and anyone with mule kick, jug, flopper, speedcola, quick revive, a ray gun, a staff, and an upgraded weapon of choice is a FORCE to be reckoned with even with TWO kinds of robots trying to kill you, templars, and an all powerful little girl possibly from another dimension...

I'm filing the dig abilities under rewards, getting a shotgun from the ground or the ice staff is helpful in the early rounds and later on respectively. Also it's the only way in the game to obtain all 9 perks, and anyone with mule kick, jug, flopper, speedcola, quick revive, a ray gun, a staff, and an upgraded weapon of choice is a FORCE to be reckoned with even with TWO kinds of robots trying to kill you, templars, and an all powerful little girl possibly from another dimension...

This is what I was thinking. The shovel helps out a lot. I love the blood money and the blood money usually pays for a door if in lucky. The Andes are great to sometimes, the fresh zombie helps a lot when I accidentally injure a zombie and need a new one to do stuff. And on round 5 getting a free Remington helps a lot when I don't want to buy another gun.

And then once you get a shovel, more perks slots :) ad then a helmet makes it easy. And you can get this by round 10 if you are lucky.

I'd say the Staves make it too easy.

Each character having a wonder weapon is eh. I've even seen so many strategies with the upgraded Ice Staff using the charge attack. Looks kinda boring to be honest... there is no challenge. Just go in circles, charge it, and shoot it.

Seems for fun with a bullet gun. But that may be just me.

• Administrators

I'd love to see someone make it past round 10 with no jugg-*watches relaxing ends first room challenge*- oh, nevermind.

In all seriousness though, jugg is the lifesaver of this map hands down. So if you're looking to give yourself an aneurysm go for it.

I actually did a no jugg challenge the other day, I made it to 25. Lets just say the zombie shield is a beast.

You are really asking 2 seperate questions, what can't I play without? (Jugg for me)

And "what makes this map the easiest" I believe with 3 or 4 players the easiest thing is the TANK. When it sits under the church the zombies can only climb on in 3 spots, and only 1 at a time. Not only this, but the Panzers will just stand in front of the tank patiently waiting for you to kill them. So you can sit back and headshot each zombie as it slowly climbs on, or if you get the upgraded melee, just punch your way to high rounds.

I would almost argue it's a glitch considering how easy it was to get to 35 last night with 3 randoms.

I'd love to see someone make it past round 10 with no jugg-*watches relaxing ends first room challenge*- oh, nevermind.

In all seriousness though, jugg is the lifesaver of this map hands down. So if you're looking to give yourself an aneurysm go for it.

I actually did a no jugg challenge the other day, I made it to 25. Lets just say the zombie shield is a beast.

Finally got to take another crack at this map and have to admit you're right, its actually possible. I went down on round 23 and had to survive the round without jugg ( FUCKING TEMPLARS OH MY JESUS), generators were off. So I just continued rape training at generator 3, and with boomhilda was pretty much a breeze, besides the fact that everytime I got hit I started sh*tting myself.

Dont ever put words in my mouth if i wanna say the staves are garbage thats my opinon ive used every staff on round 50 plus and they all run thru ammo like its goin outa style plus some of the staffs do start makin crawlers by round 35 even upgraded dont speak for me jus cause u mad u cant get past round 15

Ray gun starts making crawlers in the 20s... Staves don't sound to bad now do they?

• 2 weeks later...

All of these options are in relevance to eachother because this is a map where everything is key in making it. I chose Generator 4-6 since Juggernog is absolutely necessary for survival. Jugg is also where I run laps. Staves are a close second because of the panzer zombie. You have to have massive firepower for him or else it makes the job much longer.