Air Strike Monkeys w/o Thunder Fists by Round 5

yourmapper

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tablets are there in the Tank station from the get go for sure. As for the rest, I don't know, they do get upgraded once you complete the cleansing / killing by them, and worth getting too.

So they are there from the beginning? That means you could pick them up round 1 and put the zombie shield together and get to the church by maybe round 4-5, and get the fists on the same round! You just have to open 5 doors total, and get one wall weapon and Jug to survive. That would be useful to have them earlier in the game and rack up lots of points.

Can you start to clean the tablets, then leave the area and come back to continue where you left off? That way if your shield broke you could run to the table by the tank where you built it and pick up another.

Side question: anyone ever thunder fist a Panzer in the face and kill him? :)

To answer your questions: yes, you can leave the area and come back and previous work still counts. You can use any melee option to get the kills - regular knife, shield, thunder fists, or ultimate staves. Shield is the safest (imo) but it takes about 3 shields between the two spots.

To answer your questions: yes, you can leave the area and come back and previous work still counts. You can use any melee option to get the kills - regular knife, shield, thunder fists, or ultimate staves. Shield is the safest (imo) but it takes about 3 shields between the two spots.

Cool, thanks. So have done it and gotten the fists pretty early?

Cool, thanks. So have done it and gotten the fists pretty early?

I usually don't focus on them till after I get at least 1 staff. But, I've gotten them by round 7/8 consistently. Tbh if you're setting up a solo game, I'd go for at least 1 staff first, then go ahead and do the bombs. That way if you start getting trapped or overrun (this is me 100% of the time), you can just use the staff. Also, using the shield can be done to get them more early than using the staffs (I've done it too) but you pass up on the chance to earn a lot of $.

I've honestly never cared too much about the fists... I learned early on in tranzit NOT to rely on melee weapons! Although I do fill the chests when I can, after getting jug., a weapon to kill the PS and the shield,

I've found with or without jug, early round-box training is impossibly hard without that shield. Given you have at best the b23r and a dug up weapon... But with the shield you could do it EASY with a Remington from the ground...

I've honestly never cared too much about the fists... I learned early on in tranzit NOT to rely on melee weapons! Although I do fill the chests when I can, after getting jug., a weapon to kill the PS and the shield,

I've found with or without jug, early round-box training is impossibly hard without that shield. Given you have at best the b23r and a dug up weapon... But with the shield you could do it EASY with a Remington from the ground...

Why didn't you like the fists in tranzit? I really despise the fists in this map. At least in solo. No point really in getting them.

Why didn't you like the fists in tranzit? I really despise the fists in this map. At least in solo. No point really in getting them.

I don't bother with them either in Solo - unless I'm doing the easter egg.

I don't see why air strikes are so important. I know it's good to have like monkeys but like BS said its better to go for staffs instead. Then hit the box for monkeys.

Yeah I agree with this. I usually have the fire/ice staff built by round 12, and then I just use the fire staff to fill up the boxes as it's incredibly easy. I just get the brofists because it helps on insta kills to get out of corners.

I don't usually get the airstrike monkeys, I've been using regular monkeys but they glitch up seriously almost every game for me. It's so annoying.

I don't see why air strikes are so important. I know it's good to have like monkeys but like BS said its better to go for staffs instead. Then hit the box for monkeys.

I take back what I said. There is one case where air strikes are actually good.

To avoid fire sale which means more chances for max ammo for those pursuing high rounds.

I've restarted several times when I don't get monkeys from box. And finally I went for air strikes.

Anyways that's just an idea.

I take back what I said. There is one case where air strikes are actually good.

To avoid fire sale which means more chances for max ammo for those pursuing high rounds.

I've restarted several times when I don't get monkeys from box. And finally I went for air strikes.

Anyways that's just an idea.

I've gotten to the point where I never use the box on Solo. Like you said, I don't want the fire sales. And on that topic, I may make a guide with more details on this eventually, but it IS possible to have Air Strikes and ALL ultimate staffs as early as Round 11 (which is how I play Solo on this map).

To be honest, I find Air Strike bombs much more reliable than monkeys for attracting zombies. They are attracted 100% of the time (unlike Monkeys) and very quickly, and the zombies will stay next to the bomb's location for an extra second or two after the strike, allowing even more time for you to get away or do what you must.

TL;DR: in Solo, don't go for Monkeys, use Air Strikes.

What kinda ticks me off is you need BOTH for the EE and ive only tried to do this solo...

Here's my bet advice: By round 10 have jug, all areas open, the sheild, at least a chest, and the disks all compleated, then spend the remainder of the round collecting peices, make sure you use ALL your advantages:

When collecting the lightning peices, fallow behind the tank so the zombie doesn't annoy you on top of it: Makes getting that first peice 1000 times easier- also, if you "call" the tank from the church, then you can run across the mud back and hop on it before it even gets to the first peice, essentially making it so you can collect 2 peices in one go (the first one and on of the other two)

Using the sheild is supper helpfull in the air staff peices: Simply, find out which foot is open, lead the zombie out of the foot print, place sheild, and run back and shoot the foot: The zombie will be busy occupied breaking the sheild to get inside the foot print... Makes saving a zombie 4X easier...

The fire staff is fairly strait forward...

And the ice staff should be easy... Just collect digs whenever you can (this is helpfull in getting the gold shovel too!) especially durring snow-rounds..,

Once you've got this do ALL that you can: Ie: Build all staffs, place the lightning, ice, and wind staffs in the crazy place, and then head back to the chests: Fill these up with the right skill and you can imediantly use the remainder of your zombies on the holy-water and punching... Once done (arround 12-16 depending on chests) take the simple rought strait to the tank station, then start getting punch-kills there until you get grenades!

I say do the air strikes first because powering up the fire-couldrons/staffs can be done on round 17 the same difficulty as round 15, where as the punching bits NEED to be punched and thus would be easier at a lower round... Once the 3 staffs are charged, and the fire staff is fueled, compleate the fire challenge and fuel up the fire staff with your choice of other ultimate staff... Speed cola is almost as important as jug. here...

Now that you have all that (and a good headache after about 2 hours worth of just running arround) you can compleate the steps:

See spiderbite's video on the red-button step: Rain fire

Throw in a maxis drone (make sure you got the upgraded fire staff)

Kill all the ps's, it may also be helpfull to use that free zombie-blood at this time...

And so on and so forth...

Now this is all a theory/plan, none of it is confirmed to work at all! Infact I've never even weilded an ultimate staff... Every game I play I do in Solo, and when I do, I can compleate the challenges, but the SECOND I try to survive in the crazy place... BAM! Instant death... Even with a fire staff...

Other bits:

- The sheild is your BEST FREIND! It is SO helpfull in maintaining ground and keeping that last zombie out of your way!

- Don't let that PS intimidate you: You have one advantage: He is slow, you are not, one can easilly out-run him in the mud. If he grabs you (which the sheild can help with) consentrated fire on IMEDIANT zombies and of course, the red button, if your using a single-fire weapon... I can't help you... Also don't try to use shotguns against him... They don't work without by-passing his fire-wall (lol nerd humor)

I got the G-Strike nades at round 7, its actually pretty easy using the shield bash, here is how I did it:

tG7yi6DxSBE

Great video! Looks like your round 7 is the current proved record for obtaining these. Can anyone do better?

I said round 5 in the title because I could have done it once on round 5 but F'ed up. But I was really maximizing points with the Solo double points box drop, and two other lucky double points drops.

The method that works well for me is to build the lightning staff as quick as possible and then upgrade it straight away.

I can generally have the lightning staff upgraded during round 8. I'll be starting round 8 in the crazy place, getting the kills for my lighting staff to finish its upgrade. It doesn't take the whole round to get the neccessary kills so, once it's finished, I'll then head out of the crazy place, say hello to the panzer (and by "say hello" I mean "murder it in the face with an upgraded lightning staff") and head right on over to the church to cleanse the stone.

Doing it this way makes getting the melee kills for the airstrike grenades super easy. You just use the upgraded staff to melee, and you have the added benefit of being able to instantly clear out the zombies with a lightning blast if you find yourself in a bit of a pickle. Easy!

And, unlike with the zombie shield, you'll still be getting points from your melee kills!

The method that works well for me is to build the lightning staff as quick as possible and then upgrade it straight away.

I can generally have the lightning staff upgraded during round 8. I'll be starting round 8 in the crazy place, getting the kills for my lighting staff to finish its upgrade. It doesn't take the whole round to get the neccessary kills so, once it's finished, I'll then head out of the crazy place, say hello to the panzer (and by "say hello" I mean "murder it in the face with an upgraded lightning staff") and head right on over to the church to cleanse the stone.

Doing it this way makes getting the melee kills for the airstrike grenades super easy. You just use the upgraded staff to melee, and you have the added benefit of being able to instantly clear out the zombies with a lightning blast if you find yourself in a bit of a pickle. Easy!

And, unlike with the zombie shield, you'll still be getting points from your melee kills!

That's a great idea and way to do it! I bet you could do that before round 8 too.

eh if you can get them early on, they could be rather helpful. they are one hit til at least 16 i believe so they are longer effective than the galvas, and although i somewhat agree with you regarding solo, they are pretty easy to get in a 4 player match

eh if you can get them early on, they could be rather helpful. they are one hit til at least 16 i believe so they are longer effective than the galvas, and although i somewhat agree with you regarding solo, they are pretty easy to get in a 4 player match

I would definitely get them in a 4 player match since its easier with more zombies, but in a solo game I really don't knife after round 10 anyways