What i love and hate about origins

Z0M3IE_SLAYA_115

What do you guys love/hate?

LOVE

The brofist melee

the new weapons (skorpion,scar,mauser,mg-08,etc.)

The wunderfizz machine

all new pack a punch camo

lots of hidden stuff

maxis drone

the elemental/ultimate staffs

dynamic weather

overall map feel

diggable weapons and perks

rewards box

the original charcters

Hate

The fact that you cant use the box until the generator is activated

panzer soldat

giants ruining your high round

no 'real' wonderweapon

staffs are fairly weak when not upgraded

MUD

nikolai isnt drunk

generators are attacked by zombies

richtofen isnt insane

no double tap II machine

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOVE

The brofist melee

The wunderfizz machine

lots of hidden stuff

maxis drone

dynamic weather

overall map feel

rewards box

the original charcters

Hate

panzer soldat

no 'real' wonderweapon

MUD

nikolai isnt drunk

richtofen isnt insane

no double tap II machine

i agree with all your likes, although the only one of your hate's that i actually truly hate is the panzer soldat. they should have made him slightly easier to kill that first go-around to at least give you a fighting chance of getting past round 8 without getting a ray gun from the box or building a staff

I actually use the giants feet as a weapon at extreme high rounds, or at the very least to give me a few moments breathing room, i dont see why people hate the 3 giants so much

Well until they fix them they are a pain. Sometimes zombies can chase you through the feet. And if you have a helmet and are trapped under there you are a defenseless person that will go down easily.

I love the wonder weapons, aside from that DAMN air staff... the hardest staff to build in solo is the LEAST helpful....

The panser soldat is a real pain... But when you get right down to it, once you know when he's coming, you can prepare for it... I normally start at jug and run towards the trenches via tank-path mud. It's quite the simple process... The main thing that ticks me off about him is when you're reloading and you get caught, this is almost INSTANT death, as he will either A: Crush you himself or B: Have the other zombies swarm you like mad... IF you have a MG you should be fine though...

I HATE THE GOD DAMN ENDING, no, I HATE THE DAMN STORYLINE of the whole map! It fits NOWHERE into the storyline.... It's not even significant... Nothing was answered about that DAMN button and NOTHING was answered about jack-else! I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!

The staffs were a nice touch though, everyone gets a staff and once upgraded, even allow even more gifts!

The staffs are plenty powerful before upgrading, both the fire and the ice staff slow the zombies, allowing a second blast to finish them off, the lightning staff is also useful, and i GUESS the air staff could be good if you're cornered...

The maxis drone was NOT something I enjoyed... you activated it... It helped NOTHING, and then it came down and destroyed the zombie you were trying to save. Then it just goes back to it's charging post like a little cleaning vacuum....

The robots are a bit of a pain, and I'll tell you why:

Supposedly one of each of their feet is "enterable" at one time... However, these feet can switch positions! They can also give an almost clear illusion of being the "openable" foot, but in reality... It's not...

The digging feature was AMAZING! I do hope we see that again! Guns for free, extra zombies, blood money! AWSOME!

The empty-perk bottle is my preference too, I would take an extra perk slot over a free perk any-day!

The challenges were a nice touch too! Especially the ones that awarded small prizes like drops...

Over all, I believe that origins is a GREAT map for gameplay, but the WORST map storyline wise...

And when you look at it: if the so-called campaign team, made this map too, it's VERY unoriginal...

Hey guys!! Lets make a map with new characters to black ops two, an evil stormy atmosphere, and a tricked-out box! We should also make it so you need to supply power in a different way then a power switch! We should also put in some old-timing weapons not available in multiplayer! One of which should be like a weapon we all knew and loved, but is now completely nerfed! There should be special zombies that walk arround bigger and stronger then the others! ANd maybe they can cut off access to some things as well! OOOH! AND we should make the wonder weapon upgradable in a way other then pack-a-punching! And while we're at it, lets throw in a cool textured PAP camp too! You think there should be an area where players could temporarily be out of zombies reach for a brief period of time? OH YEAH! We also should make it so all the build-ables can be seen from the score-board! GENIUS! :lol:

Let's see PTGC make a comment about THAT!

Love everything (even panzer because like for once, the boss zombie is a freakin threat. I actually panic when I see that sumbitch and I don't haz raygun or an mg), love the robots too because fuck making the last map easy.

Hates: those mother...(really I do)fucking, dick blowing templars shutting off my fucking generators =.= and this God damn mud. It makes staminup practically required to play the map efficiently.

• Administrators

Love everything (even panzer because like for once, the boss zombie is a freakin threat. I actually panic when I see that sumbitch and I don't haz raygun or an mg), love the robots too because fuck making the last map easy.

Hates: those mother...(really I do)fucking, dick blowing templars shutting off my fucking generators =.= and this God damn mud. It makes staminup practically required to play the map efficiently.

Im with you here. I really enjoy being in the edge of my seat the entire game, but the knights are just an annoyance. I guess theres always got to be a george.

• Administrators

I like everything. People kept complaining about not having new obstacles, then they complained for having instances that made the game too easy. So now we have things that make the game challenging and not impossible with a larger arsenal and inventory yet people insist on still complaining.

The only thing that bothers me is the spawn glitches, but that's it. I absolutely love this map.

There's not much I don't like about this map. The only thing would be how tedious an overall game can be. Building & upgrading the staff has too many steps. I don't always have 3 hours to play 1 decent game. I like to have a quick & fast game where I can be setup & then start to have fun. There is just too many time consuming objectives to do to be able to have an arsenal that can take you to round 30 + (not that I have achieved this yet). I really liked playing Town Survival for a quick fun game, unfortunately there are very few maps in BOII to do this.

Someone said this about BOII "Zombies has become a buildable, puzzle solving, side objective RPG, instead of the 'Tower-defense' game it was originally intended to be" - I thought that summed it up perfectly.

The only glitch I've come across is when 2 people are respawned at the start of the round & get downed because they spawn on top of each other

LOVE

The brofist melee

The wunderfizz machine

lots of hidden stuff

maxis drone

dynamic weather

overall map feel

rewards box

the original charcters

Hate

panzer soldat

no 'real' wonderweapon

MUD

nikolai isnt drunk

richtofen isnt insane

no double tap II machine

i agree with all your likes, although the only one of your hate's that i actually truly hate is the panzer soldat. they should have made him slightly easier to kill that first go-around to at least give you a fighting chance of getting past round 8 without getting a ray gun from the box or building a staff

I too hate how Nikolai isn't drunk, nor is Richtofen insane. I also hate how dempsey isn't as badass as he was. The only one who stayed the same was sadly Takeo.

The reason why Nikolai isn't obsessed with vodka and Richtofen wasn't crazy is because this was before the crew was tested on, and before Richtofen fully embraced his insanity. I personally love that they are how they are in this map, because it shows how they really were before the zombies came to be.

Know your CoD Zombies lore, people!

On topic: The only thing I really dislike about this map is that damn Panzer Soldat. It's a game ender most of the time, even when you're not playing with randoms.

Honestly i sincerely love everything about this map and all that encompasses, from the staggering difficulty to the simple awesome ambience of the enviornment its siimply an amazing map.

I regards to you "hate" section though i disagree with most...

the generators give you extra cash back after turning them on so u actually get payed to turn on the power, and there are decent guns to where turning on the generator next to the box (which u can get to by round 2-4) and survivng till you can hit the box is pretty easy...plus it stops the box whores, if even for a second...

I actually love the panzer soldat...while i obviously hate when he downs me... i love the challenge he brings, its rare and has been a while since i actually got excited everytime i heard the boss round music/indicator as opposed to simply sighing at another tedious excapade of a more annoying than anything boss...they pose a good threat, yet are still pretty easy to kill if your packing the right punch per say(BOOMHILDA :D )

I like the giants as they add an extra level of awareness that one must carry on the map...As shikamaru once said "a true ninja/warrior is as attentive to his opponent as he is his enviornment"(poor paraphrasing i apologize)

Seriously, no wonder weapon, THERES FOUR GODLY WONDERWEAPONS, allowing EVERYONE to hold one which has been sought out for ages...

The staffs are fairly weak but only in comparison to their respective "ultimate forms" as compared to normal guns their pretty amazing

I dont mind the mud...once i realized there was stamin-up the mud quickly became a faint problem...

And Honestly i LOVE when the templars attack the generators...ive been waiting for some form of tower defense in zombies for the longest time so this is awesome to me...plus it simply switches things up so your always on your feet... also ITS A FREE MAX AMMO how is that not awesome...

Finally in regards to the the lack of double tap i admit its an inconvenience but with wonder-fizz and the ability to have it as an easy "fifth" perk...im more than cool with it not being on the map...

For the characters there that way because it correlates to the story so im cool with the more level-headed soldiers...

Nonetheless this map is amazing and i can only hope in the future that all maps are this engaging. entertaining, and challenging...

I HATE THE GOD DAMN ENDING, no, I HATE THE DAMN STORYLINE of the whole map! It fits NOWHERE into the storyline.... It's not even significant... Nothing was answered about that DAMN button and NOTHING was answered about jack-else! I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!

Spot on except this. I know alot if you are upset about the ending but to blow it up like it didnt answer questions is false. You judt didnt like the answer, and I get that. If people want to continue their theroies then by all means continue. But this is either the worse ending or their way to troll everyone til next game.

Do before your like no it didnt answer.....

Remeber it was all made up so no answer needed really.

And Honestly i LOVE when the templars attack the generators...ive been waiting for some form of tower defense in zombies for the longest time so this is awesome to me...plus it simply switches things up so your always on your feet... also ITS A FREE MAX AMMO how is that not awesome...

I respected your humanity up until this paragraph. We should play co-op all you would have to do is watch my generators. Waste of God damn time when I'm trying to get everything together for my high round games.

I like everything. People kept complaining about not having new obstacles, then they complained for having instances that made the game too easy. So now we have things that make the game challenging and not impossible with a larger arsenal and inventory yet people insist on still complaining.

The only thing that bothers me is the spawn glitches, but that's it. I absolutely love this map.

This. Other thing is monkeys sometime glitch out. This map is an easy 10.

I'm gonna do 'dislike slightly' first:

- the swipe mechanics have been tweaked to make it a bit harder

- the Zombie Shield isn't as effective as it once was

- searching for the perk bottles with golden shovel is tough

- building staffs take a bit too much time

Like alot:

- Panzer Soldat is difficult. It bugged me at first cuz i wasnt running from him

- that you dont have to kill or chase the Templars if you dont need to

- the PaP'd weapons look amazing

- the Tank is optional

- the EE is possible in solo

- Boomhilda is a single shot compared to Mark 2

- extra perk slots (eventhough I have yet to have more than 4 at once) :(

- the original four

Spot on except this. I know alot if you are upset about the ending but to blow it up like it didnt answer questions is false. You judt didnt like the answer, and I get that. If people want to continue their theroies then by all means continue. But this is either the worse ending or their way to troll everyone til next game.

And thus we reach an era of "sub-tweeting" on forums... Sad...

But at the point, there was no answer... There wasn't anything... Honestly nothing about the whole Easter egg made any sense! I have a damn good reason to blow up like this! If there is EVER a reason to blow up on a zombie forum, IT IS THIS! What trayarch has done is SAD, PATHETIC, and downright MORONIC!

I'm sick of the people who have been on these forums for like, four months, telling me to "Except it", you have NO idea how much of a kick to the balls this is, and telling me to shut up about it won't HELP ANYTHING!

(Polar express conductor's "Thank you" face)

Thank you...

First Fallout 3, Mass Effect 3 then Boredom's Creed 3 now Zombies?

Why is it so hard these days to finish a trilogy on a high note with a good, satisfying ending?

But in all seriousness, I don't mind the ending that much, actually kind of liked it.

Only thing that bugs me is the General Execution of the Story throughout Blops 2. They did a terrible job on that.

And thus we reach an era of "sub-tweeting" on forums... Sad...

But at the point, there was no answer... There wasn't anything... Honestly nothing about the whole Easter egg made any sense! I have a damn good reason to blow up like this! If there is EVER a reason to blow up on a zombie forum, IT IS THIS! What trayarch has done is SAD, PATHETIC, and downright MORONIC!

I'm sick of the people who have been on these forums for like, four months, telling me to "Except it", you have NO idea how much of a kick to the balls this is, and telling me to shut up about it won't HELP ANYTHING!

(Polar express conductor's "Thank you" face)

Thank you...

You say Im sad for my post, yet you act like you need a box of tissues and a bottle of whiskey bc the ending of a GAME wasn't what you wanted. If the end pissed you off that much stop playing. Simple. As a consumer 3arch made you feel you didn't get your moneys worth, and by your standards your right.

But until the day when you actually back up your feelings of the game by not playing happens. Stop being such a drama queen about it. I swear some of you(and not saying all) get bend out of shape over anyone disagreeing with you. Hell I was actually understanding on my post since you guys get so bend out of shape if I merely say, it is what it is about the ending.

Until then my advice is pop in some tales from the crypt and realize that twist endings have been happening in the horror for a long time.

Holy shit did you really try to insult me, while referencing the polar express. Wow

Yes I did, and it fit in there wondrously...

And I'm not going to stop playing a game because ONE map's ending was shit, that'd be the outlook like the kind of guy who DOES need a flipping tissue box...

I'm pissed about the ending I have the right, and reason to Complain about this, you know what not complaining does? NOTHING! And who learns from it? NOT TRAYARCH! Not anyone! They'll keep spitting out this shit if people keep "accepting" the poor excuse for a story, they won't if people don't like it!

"Don't get angry because it's not the ending YOU wanted" -I don't give a crap what ending we would have been given, just as long as it wasn't as complete shit as that!

"Some of you get so bent out of shape because people don't agree with you"- I don't bat an eye when HUNDREDS of both stupid and logical posts full up my topics and thoughts with disagreement, but the SECOND I feel offended because multiple different new people who care nothing for the storyline, tell me to "shut up" and "stop being a baby" when this is a FORUM FOR THE EXACT PURPOSE OF EXPRESSING ONE'S OPINION, I get just a bit TICKED!

So let me line this up for you VERY clearly! :evil:

1: THE ENDING IS A COP-OUT, ANYONE WITH BASIC KNOWLEGE OF TRAYARCH KNOWS THEY ARE CAPIBLE OF SOOOO MUCH MORE THEN THAT!

2: THERE WAS NO TWIST! There was no dynamics in the plot of that... It was just...pointless... And kind of a waist...

3: THIS IS A FORUM WHERE I CAN EXPRESS MY OPINION ABOUT THIS SUBJECT AS I LIKE, this isn't a meeting or some group that my comment takes up time. There is no reason for me to not post as I want, it is my opinion, my opinion was asked of me, and I gave it, plain-and-simple, you don't like it, either support a valid argument against it or don't bother!

4: I CARE ABOUT THIS STORYLINE, his may come as a shock to you, but I for one, think this storyline used to be the most interesting and amazing thing I've ever seen... when someone butchers it like this I feel offended, THAT IS THE KIND OF PERSON YOU FIND ON A CODZ FORUM!

5: THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO PUSH ME OF ALL PEOPLE! Especially after that horrid ending... If there is ONE thing I can honestly say, is that I have an ENORMOUS care about plot and storyline, ask anyone, I am OBVIOUSLY very pissed at trayarch, and the camp. Team, and PTGC, and now, YOU too!

I can't be bothered to attend a pointless argument with you anylonger for the courteous act of NOT having this thread locked, SO:

Farewell, see you later, allons-y, adios, good bye, sincerely yours, all the best, roleing out, hasta la vista, And furthermore:

S H O V E O F F !

Things I love:

The Original four - Seriously, this is all I wanted and I got it.

Seeing how the four heroes were before they were tested on. Very interesting.

Changing weather

Digging

Free perk slots are hard to get

Old Weapons

EE is possible to do on solo

Elena Siegman singing in the EE song

Things I hate/dislike:

Monkeys fuck up for me all of the time. Very annoying.

Takes a super long time to get set up, atleast an hour for me to get ultimate ice staff/monkeys/pap/to be ready by round 15, very tedious task. Especially when you go down on 20. lol

The Ending of the EE

Overall, this is probably my favorite map of all time. I love it so much, this is all i've ever wanted out of a Black Ops 2 map, i'm so glad we got to see our four heroes again. It will definitely hold me over until the next map

I respected your humanity up until this paragraph. We should play co-op all you would have to do is watch my generators. Waste of God damn time when I'm trying to get everything together for my high round games.

Haha...I figured I would lose some people when i spoke of my fondness for them attacking the generators...but nonetheless its the truth...i like that it makes me re-evaluate my plans on the fly at unexpected times...plus worse case scenario they take one...just take it back, then when theyre in the act at the next one kill them...Always get a max ammo if you catch them "with their hand in the cookie jar", even if they get a few generators along the way

And I actually dont run trains at any of the generators... at least not for a fair amount of time into the game...I just love stamin-up and dont mind traversing across the map if the need arises...

I Am always down for coop though... :D