moans

ryant7777777

Question

Dont wanna sound rude, been checking this site for years, i dont get too involved, but why is this site so f*****g hard to use?

The search option, why do you have to go through so many pages to find a search option? Then people moan that they have searched the forum, no wonder.

Where is a password change? Ive searched through my account settings for ages and for the life of me cant find it.

Its things like this that make me hate certian websites, you have all these members, a decent layout, but little things like this are Soooooooo frustrating.

it is a moan and to people who use it constantly may think oh its easy, but ive used a lot of forums and find this is very hard to find what you want.

And dont even get me started with avatars, no other site have i had a problem, yours, cant load one. What a pain.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• Administrators

The search page is here:

search.php

Why this option is hidden, I don't exactly know. It should be at the top links somewhere but it may need some fiddling around with. When someone says "search the forum", it's more of someone just needing to look through a few pages within a forum to see if what they want to talk about has already been discussed.

User Control Panel > Profile tab > Edit account Settings will take you to your account section where you can update your new password. It says to enter your new password followed by your current one.

The avatar uploader is specific in regards to dimensions. You can't upload any images beyond 140x149 (width x height in pixels). Unlike other forum softwares, phpbb doesn't automatically resize it if it's too big so it flat out denies the upload. Weird, huh? Either be at that exact dimension or lower to ensure you upload your avatar successfully.

I hope this helps. :)