Shovel Guide

Boom115

• Administrators

I just went back and looked, in theatre mode it shows the second one spawning right as I pick up the second zombie blood...so I would say its not possible to have two in one zombie blood. Even with the graphical glitches...this looks legit.

So it is possible you would just have to have a horse shoe stuck up your...you would have to be very lucky.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to touch on something; if you save piles for when it snows those piles go away, don't bother. You may as well just dig when you see them, since you definitely can not save them for snow rounds. I've checked multiple times (solo- unless it varies in mp games).

I'm on my phone which makes this forum difficult to read/respond to, so I'm sorry if this was touched upon already.

Just encountered this in solo:

Bought four perks: jug, staminup, mulekick, and speed cola.

Then picked up doubletap from the reward box.

Used ice staff to get zombie blood and found glowing mound.

Picked up perk bottle and exited zombie blood.

Went to buy a perk at wunderfizz and it tells me i may only have five perks.

This has never happened before and i assume its a better stategy to just get doubletap from the reward box for your fourth perk instead of making it your fifth. This way you dont have to find two glowing mounds before it will let you buy the sixth.

Just encountered this in solo:

Bought four perks: jug, staminup, mulekick, and speed cola.

Then picked up doubletap from the reward box.

Used ice staff to get zombie blood and found glowing mound.

Picked up perk bottle and exited zombie blood.

Went to buy a perk at wunderfizz and it tells me i may only have five perks.

This has never happened before and i assume its a better stategy to just get doubletap from the reward box for your fourth perk instead of making it your fifth. This way you dont have to find two glowing mounds before it will let you buy the sixth.

Yea that would be the better thing to do, or you can wait. And find 4 mounds and get all 8 perks then use your reward to get the ninth perk

From my experience, I don't think it's possible to get perk slots for all 9 perks. I've been in my game (on round 58 atm) and spent a long time searching for a 5th perk bottle dig-up but could find none anywhere on the map. I think the game sets your perk cap at 8, unless you get the double tap reward.

This post is awesome and super helpful, awesome job. I do have a question, however. I way playing solo the other day, and received the golden shovel after the usual amount of digs you would expect. That was around round 15-20 somewhere. I then proceeded and made it all the way to round 50, stopping every round or two to dig as many sites as I could find. I never found that stinking gold helmet! Anyone have any idea if my game could've been glitched, or am I just super unlucky? Like is there a max amount of graves that it takes to get a helmet or just totally random? I've found it in other games I've played, but the one time I get to a decent round I still have to worry about being stepped on :cry:

This post is awesome and super helpful, awesome job. I do have a question, however. I way playing solo the other day, and received the golden shovel after the usual amount of digs you would expect. That was around round 15-20 somewhere. I then proceeded and made it all the way to round 50, stopping every round or two to dig as many sites as I could find. I never found that stinking gold helmet! Anyone have any idea if my game could've been glitched, or am I just super unlucky? Like is there a max amount of graves that it takes to get a helmet or just totally random? I've found it in other games I've played, but the one time I get to a decent round I still have to worry about being stepped on :cry:

The golden helmet in my experience is based on luck. I have gotten it the same round I received my shovel and sometimes really later on in the game.

From my experience, I don't think it's possible to get perk slots for all 9 perks. I've been in my game (on round 58 atm) and spent a long time searching for a 5th perk bottle dig-up but could find none anywhere on the map. I think the game sets your perk cap at 8, unless you get the double tap reward.

Yea this was happening to me to. I think you may be able to get that 9th slot in a coop game but not in a solo. They don't want it super easy to get qr every time you go down.

I already had a cumulative of 4 quick revives in one game due to the wunderfizz. Had 7 perks with 8 slots. And spent a good 30k on the wunderfizz only getting mule kick. And I spenta lot of blood trying to find the last golden mound.

• Administrators

I just went back and looked, in theatre mode it shows the second one spawning right as I pick up the second zombie blood...so I would say its not possible to have two in one zombie blood. Even with the graphical glitches...this looks legit.

So it is possible you would just have to have a horse shoe stuck up your...you would have to be very lucky.

I misread you comment first time through. :mrgreen:

According to this person, there are 15 perk mound spawns, not 12, so you are missing 3.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comm ... locations/

Also, I didn't know this, but the spawn locations of these 15 perk mounds are different than the 32 regular dig spots. The orange mound actually disappears if you are watching it in Zombie Blood and then it expires. So there are 32+15=47 total dig mound locations on the map.

• Administrators

According to this person, there are 15 perk mound spawns, not 12, so you are missing 3.

Yes, we haven't identified all locations. These are just the 12 locations that I and others have found.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/1m0sza/here_are_15_possible_perk_dig_site_locations/

Nice resource, I'll browse through this and see if I can confirm the info.

Also, I didn't know this, but the spawn locations of these 15 perk mounds are different than the 32 regular dig spots. The orange mound actually disappears if you are watching it in Zombie Blood and then it expires. So there are 32+15=47 total dig mound locations on the map.

I believe this was called out further up in the thread. Although I don't think I added it into the original post.

Does anyone know the respawn times for the orange mound ie can u pick one up on level 12 then another on 13 or does it take 3 rounds what about two in same round ud be real lucky but is itt possible also has anyone found a way to at least locate the mound without use of z blood and tanks agn boom i didntt know about the fire cave or back of tank building near gen twOo thanks g

• Administrators

Does anyone know the respawn times for the orange mound ie can u pick one up on level 12 then another on 13 or does it take 3 rounds what about two in same round ud be real lucky but is itt possible also has anyone found a way to at least locate the mound without use of z blood and tanks agn boom i didntt know about the fire cave or back of tank building near gen twOo thanks g

No problem flopper, sounds as though you're a digging master now. What game were you playing that you got all 9 on round 15, thats quite impressive.

• Administrators

Just Reconfirming (solo at least): saving piles for snow rounds does not work. If one is where you saved one on a snow round, that is just coincidence.

Also, anyone else call them skag piles, like borderlands?

Thanks for all of the great information!

You are correct Sir. This was called out earlier in the thread, I just forgot to update the original post. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I've heard a few names mounds, dig spots, cow pies, sh*t piles, but I haven't heard skag pile.