Who is "Eddie"?

ZombieSlayerWut

For those of you who have not seen the ending cutscene upon completing the Origins Easter Egg, do not read on. For those who have, here's some interesting information that may help us in discovering the identity of the boy we see called "Eddie".

Now I know everyone's sort of up in arms about the cutscene, it contradicts a lot of things and explains a lot of other things, and a lot of people are debating whether it is canon or not. For the sake of this thread, let's assume that the cutscene is absolute. We see Samantha and Eddie, two young children playing "zombies". A lot of people have immediately thought that Eddie is Richtofen, seeing as Richtofen is the only character who shares the same first name in Zombies and is also the character who bares most resemblence.

I personally have tried not to believe that this is the case, purely because I didn't want to, I liked to think Richtofen is the Richtofen we know, not that he has some history as an American-accented playfriend to Samantha. Yet as unlikely as it may sound right now, what if Edward Richtofen and Eddie are different people?

Allow me to explain how this could be possible. Firstly, the accent. Eddie has an American accent. Edward Richtofen is German through and through. (However I am aware the same could be said for Samantha). Secondly, Richtofen in Origins is a young man, and Richtofen in all other maps is a fully-grown adult, possibly as old as 50. Eddie is a boy (at MOST a young teenager). How could Edward Richtofen be a similar age to Samantha at any point in time when Samantha was still a girl when Richtofen knew her during his time working with her father Ludvig Maxis and Group 935?

Now the fun part, to delve deeper at this :twisted:

Let's go way way back to Black Ops one. Remember the famous terminal with the DerRiese server? The terminal served as a Zombie's goldmine, we found so much information from the servers of Dr V. Bush and others, yet at the same time we could never access the DerRiese server. We had 9 usernames and not a single password, and not a single password was ever found. The usernames were as follows:

■drmaxis

■sophia

■samantha

■peter

■edward

■erichtofen

■nbelinski

■tdempsey

■tmasaki

So we have an "erichtofen" login and an "edward" login. When this was first discovered there was speculation that maybe there was another Edward in the Zombie's universe, but many people were not convinced, and assumed the 2nd account was either an error or simply Richtofen having 2 accounts for whatever reason. He is a shifty individual after all. However I do believe it is slightly significant now to those people who believe Eddy is NOT Richtofen.

Thoughts?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am already a believer that Eddie is not Richtofen and this is just another piece of evidence that can help to solidify my belief.

The only thing I would question is:

Why would a boy need a login to a mainframe database? The again, why would a young girl (Samantha)? So, I appreciate what you're saying with this, but I don't think this will change the mind of those who believe Eddie is Richtofen.

Still a nice perspective about the logins. Good reference!

If you take i to my theory that Richtofen Samantha and maxis are related (pretty much proved now as adopted family thanks to waffles)

Say for an instance i believe this hype about Eddie not being Richtofen, due to the age difference in Origins....

Have you thought that Edward Richtofen is Eddies Father (A name sake from his father)

He sees his father as a HERO, then goes onto be what we know as Edward (full name) joining group 935 in the Der Riese arc

If you take i to my theory that Richtofen Samantha and maxis are related (pretty much proved now as adopted family thanks to waffles)

Say for an instance i believe this hype about Eddie not being Richtofen, due to the age difference in Origins....

Have you thought that Edward Richtofen is Eddies Father (A name sake from his father)

He sees his father as a HERO, then goes onto be what we know as Edward (full name) joining group 935 in the Der Riese arc

Still needs an answer as to why Samantha is a child, and Eddie would be a full grown man.

It just doesn't work. They have to be two separate people.

Still needs an answer as to why Samantha is a child, and Eddie would be a full grown man.

It just doesn't work. They have to be two separate people.

I must make my posts more complicated than they need to be....

Forget the different accents from Eddie and Sam for a moment before you read this

Samantha is telling you a story About the origins of Group 935 and Element 115, Samantha says as much right?

It also mentions Dr Ludvig Maxis and His friend Dr Edward Richtofen in 1918 correct?

However Rictofens age compared from 1918 to 1945 doesn't add up by looking at him right?

Notes found and decrypted in game mention Edwards parents being killed and Maxis taking him under his wing, ententially adopting him (hence why Samantha mentions UNCLE Richtofen)

Eddie in the end sequence mentions how he wishes the heroes in his story were real. Eddie is holding Richtofens piece

Eddie is referring to his father (OUR Edward Richtofen) as said hero

Eddie is named after HIS father Eddie Richtofen - Edward Richtofen

Maxis also in the notes mentions a young EDWARD joining Maxis in his research (NOTE THE YOUNG)

This note i believe is referring to Eddie who carries on his fathers work and joins Maxis

again, Eddie is Our Richtofens son. Origins is Samantha and "Eddie Richtofen" Beggining, the PLAN Maxis and Eddie eventually do in Der Riese

Please tell me this is starting to make sense to people now, i really cant simplify it anymore

Sigh. Origins is the story of Maxis (and Eddies father) told by children, who heard stories from Dr maxis, told through the medium of the game.

The principle of the alternate reality is YES Maxis and eddies father DID find element 115 in Northern France, NO there was not a zombie apocalypse (THIS is the GAME part) Yes the information we find in Origins IS real (This is the STORY part)

the END of the GAME is the end of the story told by Samantha.

Origins That WE play did happen in 1918

However at the END cinematic, that clearly is NOT 1918

Its really not that hard to grasp if you could believe this whole zombie story is coming. Just from a little girls imagination, honestly

It is on the basis of this post, some contributions and a handful of other posts that I will no longer visit this site.

You are grasping at straws and, like so many others here, totally unable to accept the outcome.

The post above me is spot on.

The rest of you are retards.

I think that the entire zombie storyline is in Samantha's and Eddie's mind. Samantha, is Samantha Maxis, Eddie, is Edward Richtofen. I can't rememeber the exact words, but one of them complains (I think Eddie) that he didn't get his go (being in control of the zombies, in their imagination), and Sam says he will next time.

@AlphaSnake: Do you mean Eddie is Richtofen's son? And he would've played with Maxis' daughter Sam? If so, that makes no sense as Richtofen started to hate and resent Maxis and Sam.

Eddie could be Richtofens son.

Eddie could be the one who eventually gets trapped inside Teddy.

Makes sense if you think about it.

Richtofen & Maxis worked together if they had children they would have played & stay at the same place.

+1 to IRurG.

Regards Alpha.

Thanks Alpha.

Out of all the things in game we have found, this is the logical conclusion

Samantha in her own words (on MOON) calls Richtofen "Eddie"

Indeed i forgot about the Teddy link altogether which reminds me (and thank you BTW)

Richtofen in Nuketown 2025 says and i qoute "login TEDDY password IS A LIAR" "IM NOT but thats why no one will think of it!"

Theres also The writing in Verruckt and Der Riese that says Teddy and Eddy is a liar / is the biggest liar

Im struggling to find an alternative of the origins ending

Samantha is talking in a past tense, talking about a Ludvig Maxis and a grown up Richtofen, yet Samantha and Eddie are young.

The idea of it being in their head and in a fantasy etc is a valid theory...however as we know, 16 maps and countless years later we have so much evidence to support otherwise.

Also as for why he would hate Samantha... Jealousy, resentment, sibling rivalry (before other people dismiss this) Waffles proved this is the case as Maxis says Edwards parents were killed, and that Maxis took him in as one of his own (This alone is enough evidence to prove origins end sequence is as i have mentioned)

Now couple this with a different secnario

Maxis and Richtofen senior were working at the site at Northern France, however i stead of something happening to Maxis, in REALITY Richtofen senior was tragically killed (Hence the note in Origins about both of Edwards parents being dead.

Eddie in the end sequence is holding his Fathers Character model and refers to ALL THE CHARACTERS IN THIER STORY as HEROS

It is quite possible that Richtofen senior died saving Maxis, this is why maxis takes him into his home and brings him up like family and why Samantha calls EDDIE uncle Richtofen in MOON (both quotes are said on MOON

He grows to resent Samantha for still having her father

He grows to hate Maxis for living when his father dies

Eddie is name after his Father, quite popular to do this believe it or not, especially back then

In Short

Playable character in origins is Edward Richtofen Senoir

Eddie in the origins end sequence is Who grows up to be Edward Richtofen Junior

Every Richtofen AFTER Origins is EDDIE Richtofen (who then Goes by Edward as he gets older)

No other idea ive read or have come up with can explain the time UNLESS as i said its Richtofens son who grows up to be the psychotic Richtofen we play as in w@w and beyond

How is Sam trapped in the other world if she wasn't born yet?

Shes not, i did a post on this somewhere else but il do a quick short recap

In Origins items from the past and future can be brought to the current time yeah?

We also know people can travel forward through time (and back dependant on your view on moons timeline)

This also mean that people's thoughts and words could also travel through the Aether at any given time.

Samantha can not of been released in Origins, then Released in again in MOON can she?

We never see Samantha in Origins like we did on MOON so Smantha was never really AT origins to begin with T least not in body, its easily possible that it is from when she just got trapped in the MPD

People use moon as proof to further that Eddy and Richtofen are the same by using direct quotes from samantha caling richtofen teddy...sure there is a lot of proof for this..but think of the quotes where she talks about richtofen then says something about teddy...i wear i hear a quote where she says "Theres Richtofen, now lets find sophia and teddy"

People use moon as proof to further that Eddy and Richtofen are the same by using direct quotes from samantha caling richtofen teddy...sure there is a lot of proof for this..but think of the quotes where she talks about richtofen then says something about teddy...i wear i hear a quote where she says "Theres Richtofen, now lets find sophia and teddy"

BUT it still is proof, provided INGAME by Treyarch themselves

I believe Theres 3 types of people in the Treyarch zombie community

Ones who strictly use INGAME (supported by real worlds events) evidence to come up with theories

Ones who haven't found (or played) key things from the older maps and only basing theories off black ops 1 and 2

Ones who disregard the 100s of hidden pieces of hidden codes, 1000s of quotes and 16 previous maps and base their theories strictly on face value of 1 end cinematic (which however you spin it, is what they are doing)

It doesn't mean 1 type or another is wrong, but it is my belief and practice (of which ive have successfully disproved 100s of theories to this day ranging back to W@W) we should primarily use INGAME information only (supported by real world events) to produce theories.

Most of the information we know to this day was found by this alone

PS i have never heard that quote from Samantha about Sophia and teddy so i shall go listen to all the audio files (even if she did say that in moon, i can explain that with a simple theory aswell but il wait till i hear it first

i remember richtofen saying in ascension when you tuch one of the matuska dolls something along the lines of him having a little sister that he love to crush her dolls to hear her scream in anguish & pain (he said it in a very orgasaming voice) .

on moon i remember samantha saying evil richtofen then mentioning sofia then teddy as if separate characters.

i wonder if the teddy bear samantha's holding in the MPD has like an evil soul in it? maybe she referring to her actual teddy bear?

& didn't richtofen preform secret experiments on sam?

Went through all audio files.

The quote is "First ill find Sophia, then il find Teddy"

However all all the quotes theres a pattern

Samantha refers to herself as both Sam AND Samantha

She refers to Richtofen as "Richtofen, Uncle Richtofen, AND Teddy" Samantha's quote is about the wonder weapon in MOON "I wonder who built this, Daddy or Teddy"

I Refer back to Richtofens quite in nuketown 2025 zombies "Login TEDDY password IS A LIAR, IM NOT, thats why no one would guess it"

There are times when she is talking about the Teddy in different context however and this is where the theory can Differ

Along time ago i mentioned the Aether as purgatory, a world between worlds, neither living nor dead, and with Origins. Its once and for all proved Aether and Argatha are two seperate places.

In MOON Samantha mentions Gershs soul and how she should have destroyed it in Ascension.

Not long ago i came up with the idea and posted a out Maxis killing himself on moon, his soul gets trapped in The Aether via the absorption of the MPD and he is Able to become pure electrical current and that is why he is only able to talk to us via electrical devices in MOON and beyond.

We Freed Gershs soul from the Aether where Samantha is Trapped and he is released, possibly sent up to Argatha a higher plain, either way he was release as a glowing ball of light.

It is entirely possible that going by my expanded theory of Eddie is Richtofens Son, The Richtofen Senoir from Origins also got trapped like Samantha and Maxis in MOON, and could well be that TEDDY he got trapped in, after all the TEDDy travels through the Aether in The Mystery box.

It could also be the voices Maxis And Richtofens Son begin to hear when they start experimenting with element 115 in the W@W arc

I was thinking along the same lines.

However I now believe the younger Eddie is the one trapped in Teddy.

The reason being the voices. By that I mean the actual voices of the characters.

Nolan North is our Richtofen the one we play, which means that the Richtofen in Origins is also the older Edward Richtofen as he is voiced by Nolan.

The younger Eddies has an American accent. Treyarch would fail like this in terms of canon if they are trying to say that this is our Richtofen.

So what options are left. Like we have been talking about here he could be his son.

Or,

Is it possible that Edward Richtofen has been messing with his own timeline?

By this I mean, did he go back to his younger self & change his own past.

Maybe the younger Eddie is a boy who Richtofen possessed just before the Der Riese outbreak to infiltrate Maxis' inner circle.

Remember that once your in the Black Pyramid on Moon your presence becomes omnipresence. He is everwhere at all times. Time space is not linear in the aether.

A good visual example of this can be found in an episode of Red Dwarf.

"Timeslides" is the fifth episode of science fiction sit-com Red Dwarf Series III,[1] and the seventeenth in the series run.[2] It premiered on the British television channel BBC2 on 12 December 1989. Written by Rob Grant and Doug Naylor, and directed by Ed Bye, the plot deals with Lister's desire to change his life by going back in time and changing his past. The episode was re-mastered, along with the rest of the first three series, in 1998.

Lister (Craig Charles) is bored - bored with Scrabble, bored with table golf, bored with Durex volleyball - even bored with Junior Angler. He tells Cat (Danny John-Jules) and Rimmer (Chris Barrie) that he hates his life on Red Dwarf. During the conversation, Rimmer reminisces about a former schoolmate, Fred "Thickie" Holden, who despite being one of the stupidest boys in the class went on to earn an immense fortune with an invention called the "tension sheet", which, as Rimmer states, is merely bubble wrap that has been painted red with the words "tension sheet" written on it. Meanwhile, while working in the ship's darkroom, Kryten (Robert Llewellyn) accidentally discovers that the developing fluid can make photographs come to life. The same thing is possible with slides, and soon the crew are stepping into photographs and back in time. The only problem is that they can't move outside the borders of the original photo. Lister goes back in time, thanks to one of Rimmer's old pictures, to Germany standing alongside Adolf Hitler (where he shouts "Ignore him, he's a complete and total nutter, and he's only got one testicle.") before accidentally foiling Claus von Stauffenberg's assassination attempt on him.[3]

Lister decides to go back in time and change history by giving the "Tension Sheet" invention to his 17-year-old self. Going back in time, the four encounter a teenage Lister who is convinced that he is destined to be a rock star despite the fact that he is hopelessly crap and only has one song which consists of him saying nothing but 'Om' (titled, appropriately enough, as 'The Om Song'). Teenaged Lister is at first disbelieving of his older-self, continually calling him 'crypto-fascist' and cannot believe that his future does not involve him being a rock god. Despite this, Lister hands over the tension sheet to his younger self with instructions to take it down the patent office to register as his invention. Returning to the present, Lister disappears as the timeline changes... only to be followed by the Cat and Kryten, as without Lister the Cat race never existed and Kryten was never rescued. Now Rimmer is alone with Holly (Hattie Hayridge) for the rest of eternity.[3] Deciding that this is not on, Rimmer visits Lister, hoping to persuade him to come back to Red Dwarf, claiming "it is my duty. My duty as a complete and utter bastard!". Lister, however – now living in a mansion with a supermodel – fails to recognise him, and tells the butler to throw him out.[4]

Rimmer decides to take it upon himself to restore the time-lines to normal, and travels even further back in time to give the secret of the "Tension Sheet" to his younger self. Upon returning to the present, everything is put back exactly the way it was. Lister, Cat and Kryten re-appear and Rimmer waits to disappear to fame and riches. However, nothing happens as Holly explains the "Tension Sheet" was invented by one Thickie Holden - who, as Rimmer's bunkmate, overheard him explaining the plan. But for unexplained reasons, one thing is different; Rimmer is now alive, not a hologram. Delighted, he rushes out into a corridor, slams his fists down on top of some innocuous-looking crates and accidentally blows himself up.[4]

Regards Alpha.

I remember that episode in Red dwarf lol, brilliant show :)

The thought of Richtofen messing with his own timeline can be supported, quite easily, we know items, people and souls / spirits can move through the Aether so it is all very possible

Maxis mentions ALLIES and contacts in America so the American accents might have a clues placed there all along

1 thing that still sticks in my mind and may mean nothing but its something that sticks in my head alot...

In nuketown 2025, Richtofen says "Stupid Maxis and that Stupid Accent" or words to that effect, As Richtofen And Maxis are supposed to be German, this didnt really make any sense to me (until the Eddie in the origins end sequence happens, then a whole heap of what the heck opens up and gives way to new theories and questions)

I just want to put my opinion out there. And it is based around my theory here.

Eddy cannot simply be Richtofen as Richtofen was an adult when Samantha was a kid. So we can cast that aside right away. According to my theory, Eddy is a friend of Sam's before Group 935 entered the picture in World War II, before she moved. The similarities he bears to Richtofen are superficial from when she had god-like power from being released from Agartha.

I just want to put my opinion out there. And it is based around my theory here.

Eddy cannot simply be Richtofen as Richtofen was an adult when Samantha was a kid. So we can cast that aside right away. According to my theory, Eddy is a friend of Sam's before Group 935 entered the picture in World War II, before she moved. The similarities he bears to Richtofen are superficial from when she had god-like power from being released from Agartha.

Again instead of dismissing people, myself and OP have provided a plausible scenario to who Eddie is. He is not a friend, he is Taken in by Maxis when Eddies parents are killed, (Sophia could be linked to Eddie aswell but that is for another time) these facts are provided INGAME from hidden ciphers written by Maxis himself

I have no doubt that the ending isn't what we believe, I still believe Treyarch have made their one and only slip up with the web description of Origins calls it an ALTERNATE-REALITY. However even though it probably is as such, the information found inside is very much real.

For instance, Edward Richtofens favourite gun happens to be a MP40, he says so countless times through different maps, and an MP40 happens to be on Samantha's wall. This goes back to Eddie being Origins Richtofens son.

Like father like son....in more ways than one