Is it me or is the shield useless in this map?

Tridalo

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I definitely think it's nerfed. Seems like it stops working much earlier than in previous maps I beleive it was a one hitter until 20 in Green Run. I'm wondering if it is just Origins or if they did it other maps too. I haven't played tranzit in months so I can't say for sure. It is still my favorite buildable, it watches your back when no one else will.

• Administrators

It is at the point where I am just going to not get the shield because it causes more harm than good to me, getting hit in the back where I think I am good.

Good point, i'm far less cautious with it. That's one reason I don't use quick revive in solo, I take way more risks when I know I have that safety net.

Good point, i'm far less cautious with it. That's one reason I don't use quick revive in solo, I take way more risks when I know I have that safety net.

Mine has nothing to do with risks, it has to do with it not protecting my back when its supposed to. My cousin was witness to it, she was dead and watching my screen when a zombie slapped me from behind, she said the first hit got blocked but the 2nd hit from it went through and that caused me to die.

So I don't know if it doesn't fully block against doubleslaps but it is annoying as heck.

• Administrators

Mine has nothing to do with risks, it has to do with it not protecting my back when its supposed to. My cousin was witness to it, she was dead and watching my screen when a zombie slapped me from behind, she said the first hit got blocked but the 2nd hit from it went through and that caused me to die.

So I don't know if it doesn't fully block against doubleslaps but it is annoying as heck.

Oh I see, unless it's broken it should not matter if its a single or double slap. I think you were the victim of a first week bug, or possibly a lag issue (if you have connection problems).

• Administrators

Bear in mind that zombies in Origins are 200% smarter than what we're accustomed to. If they go even around you by a few inches, the hits register at your sides rather than your back. The problem is their pathing and not necessarily the shield itself. But when it comes to durability, the shield does not provide strong offense like it used to.

IMO its only should be used on your back, several times at round 20 and above i got double slapped at minimum 3 times in a row from behind, it destroyed the shield but i took no damage what so ever, even with jug it would of damn near killed me if it wasnt for the shield, i think its the most under estimated item in the game, next to The Maxis drone

You kidding? The sheild in ths map is almost more important then jug... You NEED it for running circles in the footprints with the chests, it is SO helpfull with the Panser soldat, and most of all, it acts a temporary barrier between you and the zombie, PERFECT for keeping the final zombie alive when one wants to enter the robot....

TBH this map needs the sheild 100 times more then any other map!

• Tech Admin

You kidding? The sheild in ths map is almost more important then jug...

Couldn't agree more, generator 1, 2, 3 grabbing the 2 shield parts whilst doing those and bottom robot. Open up no mans land, head straight towards gen 6 check robots foot print just before opening up church to gen 6. Not there check the 2 foot prints heading to gen 4.

Build shield power up gen 4, lead zombies to chest and fill chest. I personally think the shield is far more important than jug is at the beginning, certainly first 7 rounds.

you can definitely place it,

I've seen it being placed down?

Not quite sure how, seeing as it doesn't give you the option to when it's equipped. :P

I do it to get fresh ones all the time, just hit the right trigger,..

pretty sure ive placed one in the mud too, coz I know ive placed a couple on the tank route between jug and wind cave entrance.

maybe you cant place it on the walkways, you know those planks and such that are everywhere, im gonna go try some things, see if we cant figure this out,

either way it can be placed, il let you know,..

Hmm... Holding rt normally does it for me...

You sure your controls haven't been set awry? A few updates ago my controls mysteriously reset... Set me back to 4 sensitivity on these random controls...

But yeah, rt has always done it... given you can't place it in small passageways anymore for some reason, but it still works at the ENTRANCE to a small passage, which is just as good...

It's you.

The shield is more useful in this map than any other, and I personally prioritize getting it first thing. Apart from basic protection it provides from zombie slaps from behind while worn on your back here are some uses for it:

*Can be held out in front of you while training around generators you are powering up for almost complete protection in early rounds

*Can be used as a decoy when planted to distract last zombie while standing under robot foot to get teleported without killing zombie

*Can be used to easily melee kill zombies at holy water and tank station to get G-Strike grenades as early as round 6

*Can be used to block Panzer Soldat's claw of death

*Can go prone with it on your back for complete immunity to robot stomp (actually I made that last one up it would be cool but don't try it hahaha :lol: )