The Panzer

TheBSZombie

I am afraid of this guy..... I'm not afraid to admit it. This guy is the toughest boss Mio since George. And I do not know how to face him to be honest... so I am asking you guys for help. I want to know everything about him and how to effectively kill him. The ray gun is an answer but not the one I am looking for. But I got questions and if you have answers, or other questions yourself, then post below.

Are the staffs effective against the panzers? Which one is the best against him?

Where is his weak spots? Is his head truly the best place to shot him?

Are claymores a 2-hit kill like Brutus was?

How far is his death grip range?

How often does he spawn?

I also want to know the best way to kill him to. I know its prob the ray gun but usually I don't hit the box till later so the first panzer screws me over 90% of the time.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Panzer Soldat spawns as early as Round 7, and an air-raid siren will play to signify his arrival. SHOOT HIS HEAD. That's the best advice I can give you, because it's the only vulnerable spot to kill this asshat. Once you get to safe distance, however, he's not that hard to kill, I did so using dual-wield Five Sevens, so as long as you stay clear of his flamethrower- that will kill you before you can say "Samantha". If he gets you with the claw don't panic, just wait until he pulls you closer to him and knife him, which will allow you to be released.

^Follow these tips and you should find that this guy is very easy to deal with, perhaps easier than Brutus himself.

• Administrators

The staves and ray gun or very effective, also for some reason he keeps freezing and not re spawning when im on the tank. Probably something that will be patched, but its happened in the last few games. Dead shot really helps too if you aren't a head popper.

I am afraid of this guy..... I'm not afraid to admit it. This guy is the toughest boss Mio since George. And I do not know how to face him to be honest... so I am asking you guys for help. I want to know everything about him and how to effectively kill him. The ray gun is an answer but not the one I am looking for. But I got questions and if you have answers, or other questions yourself, then post below.

Are the staffs effective against the panzers? Which one is the best against him?

Where is his weak spots? Is his head truly the best place to shot him?

Are claymores a 2-hit kill like Brutus was?

How far is his death grip range?

How often does he spawn?

I also want to know the best way to kill him to. I know its prob the ray gun but usually I don't hit the box till later so the first panzer screws me over 90% of the time.

1) As I normally rock fire or ice staff yes they're effective on him. The fire staff puts him down in about 3-5 shots and that was when he was in the middle of a horde.

2) The head is like the only place you should be shooting him if you don't have ray gun or staff yet. Unless he grabs you, then u shoot his arm.

3) Not sure but I don't think it is. At least not in co-op.

4) Only got grabbed once and it was because I stopped moving. So if you keep running you shouldn't get hit by it.

5) no idea haven't counted rounds between spawn times yet.

6) Really the fire staff puts him down about the easiest barring the mark 2. Haven't tried lightning but could be as effective.

Also if you are jumping he can't grab you.

I was running through the mud once and I feel into a trench. The mother trucker shot his claw THROUGH the map and got me and brought me through the map(I could see the bottom map)

To be honest the flamethrower isn't to bad. And the knifing thing isn't the greatest tip. There are usually 5 zombies that will slap me on the way to him.

The ultimate staves can take him out in one charged shot. Well, at least the fire one can which is the one I always use. I'm not sure about the others, but I would think they could as well. The regular staves are pretty good against him too. Other good weapons are the Ray Guns and the Pap'd Mauser. I've heard claymores are effective as well, but I haven't used them much on this map.

If you do happen to get grabbed you can shoot the arm that his claw was fired from to be immediately released. In-game quotes suggest that his arm is a weakspot, but the head is an easier target imo.

Treat this guy like you would treat Brutus from MOTD. That's essentially what he is (Except he's got a flamethower and a giant claw to molest you with)

You need to remember to stop and shoot when running away from him. Once you deal enough damage to him, he will pause for a second before continuing his attack (I think this is when you shoot his claw off but I'm not sure). Use this opportunity to get a few head-shots in and he'll be dead in no time.

The last bit of advice I can give you is not to be scared of him. People overestimate his health, leading to deaths when people run away from him, without actually dealing any damage to him. This is a really bad idea.

Just remember to run and shoot at regular intervals and try avoiding tight areas and you should be fine,

Run and gun.. When you get out of flame thrower / claw distance, turn and unload a magazine on his head, turn run, and repeat. What he pauses for is when you bust his face mask. Then he pursues again, and a few well placed head shots ends it.

Someone mentioned he doesn't bother you on the tank, that is another good spot to get him. Alot of times we leave the tank 1/2 through the map, then when needed run him to it and jump on it and do work on his head.

Treat this guy like you would treat Brutus from MOTD. That's essentially what he is (Except he's got a flamethower and a giant claw to molest you with)

You need to remember to stop and shoot when running away from him. Once you deal enough damage to him, he will pause for a second before continuing his attack (I think this is when you shoot his claw off but I'm not sure). Use this opportunity to get a few head-shots in and he'll be dead in no time.

The last bit of advice I can give you is not to be scared of him. People overestimate his health, leading to deaths when people run away from him, without actually dealing any damage to him. This is a really bad idea.

Just remember to run and shoot at regular intervals and try avoiding tight areas and you should be fine,

Overestimate his health my ass. I was playing 4p co-op match and he came in at round 8 like he was on his god flow. I unloaded my whole mp40 in his face and nothing he actually had downed 2 of the other guys and almost boned me with his rape claw. We only managed to kill it cuz the other guy had a ray gun. God knows how many bullets the other two had put into him before he downed them.

I know for a fact you're going to have trouble getting one of the Ultimate Staffs before round 7, however, if you can manage to build the Fire or Lightning Staff before then, you're going to be golden for taking him down. The Wind Staff takes 6 shots to take him down, and my friend said the Ice takes a couple too. However, I know for a fact that if you spray-and-pray at him with the Fire or Lightning, this guys going to come down no problem.

His head is definitely the best place to shoot him, if not the only place. Frankly, I believe he actually may take no damage to the body, which is why he seems to hard to take down. If you are grabbed by him, shoot the flashing red light in the slot where his hand shot out of and he'll drop you.

By far the best method I've found for taking him down is as soon as you hear the siren, drop what you're doing, and head to an open area, no matter how muddy. He can't keep up with you even if you're hopping through mud. Once to an open are like the bridge that the tank passes over near Jug, turn around and give him and any nearby zombies hell. You'll be pretty far ahead of him by now, and you may be able to take him down without needing to try to evade him again. When all else fails, just use Plan B: Hop into a trench and book it back to No Man's Land. This trick isn't as effective against two Robots, however, just resort to Plan B if you're feeling overwhelmed. The worst places to get caught by him are in the wooden trenches in between the Excavation Site and the Church, the Church itself, or the tomb inside the Excavation Site, mainly because of the restricted areas for you to evade or escape.

Hi there, new to this forum but l thought l would share a strategy for solo and multi.

Solo; the mauser is your friend, train the zombies and fire into the horde and make your points. Then dig, and i stress again dig on each round, you should get a free load or two of mauser ammo and other stuff! By round six or seven you should have all of the generators up and running. You should have jug and the pack a punch up and working. So pack a punch the Han Solo (Mauser) and start the round by Jug. When the panzer drops, run around to the raised platform near the excavation staircase and shoot the armoured terror from there with the Han solo. If you miss first time then loop around and repeat. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy! After that once you get monkeys its a piece of piss!!

Multi,; this is pretty straight forward, nominate one bloke and he will not spend a dollar except for a wall weapon and jug. And let him do all of the digging. The other team-mates will open and start all of the generators so the nominated person should have enough dough to pack a punch his Han solo by the time the Panzer drops. The catch is, the nominated person has to kill the big lug by his lonesome. Everyone else just have to run like hell and stay out of the way!!

Hope this helps ;)

Finally thought of a good idea to kill him. Run away and then turn around a corner and shoot. That way you can shoot while standing still for accuracy and he can't get you with the claw. And the fire staff can't be built till after you kill him :P and to get a ray gun from the box before round seven would take a lot of luck

Finally thought of a good idea to kill him. Run away and then turn around a corner and shoot. That way you can shoot while standing still for accuracy and he can't get you with the claw. And the fire staff can't be built till after you kill him :P and to get a ray gun from the box before round seven would take a lot of luck

Ironically the second time I played that map I went str8 to generator 2 on round 3 and first hit of the box was mark 2. I got to round 20 and got stomped reclaiming the Gen by staminup T.T

Sux I don't actually own the game just played at a buds house.

I had a lot of trouble with him at first but not any more.

First thing you need to know is that he will always spawn for the first time on round 8. After this he should spawn every 4-5 rounds and always at the start of the round.

Now there are a few good weapons for killing him. Probably the best two are the papped starting pistol and the mark2 but any papped assault rifle can take him out in just a few shots to the head. Also the ultimate staffs can also kill him quick if you charge them but I don't recommend using them since it's a waste of ammo as well as its being harder to use.

So now how to deal with him. What I generally do is at the start of every round I listen for his jetpack as you should be able to hear it a few seconds before he lands. As soon as I hear it I cook a monkey and throw it the second he lands. This gives me just enough time to deal with him since any of those weapons I listed can take him out in seconds.

Hope this helped

Typically by round 8 this guy determines If you survive or not... If you have a high-power mid-long range weapon? How about juggernog?

The best stratagy I find is to simply on round 8 start in front of jug., wait for him to appear, then run down the tank track ALL the way to the bridge shooting him behind you... Stick to the middle, jump for speed, and there should be minimal amount of zombies from behind you...

When you get to the bridge, fall down, you'll end up in the trenches, all the zombies should be reasonable distance behind you... Kill the PS here and simply lead it through the spawn room and down up back into the mound area from the opposite path... If you haven't killed it by now, simply grab a gun and keep trying...

The best guns ive found are:

Ray gun (M1 and M2)

Type 25

Scar

Scorpion

B23r

And basically anything machine-gun-y, other then the Mp40.. That one doesn't seem to work as much... The stg does though!

Staff wise the staff of fire works great, the ice one works fine, the air one.... Sucks against him... And the lightning one I have yet to test... Looks like it would be effective though...

But lets be honest, in a solo game of origins do you have a staff built at this time?

Doors to jug: 500 1000 1250 750 : 3500, jug: 2500, a weapon: 1000/1500, bringing you to a grand total of: 7000/7500 points...

You can't build the fire staff yet,

chances are you haven't gotten the ice staff parts, and one would need to open up both the mound and the two church areas to reach the ice cave and building place,

The lightning staff would require 2000 points to get the parts, and an extra 2500 points or so to unlock the lightning cave and the church area... And the mound...

And the air staff would require access to both the church and lightning chamber as well (for disk and freya robot) And the mound...

You won't have a staff your first fight against him solo...

Idk about 4 player... But it sounds the same kinda story...

The only other thing I can say is: He can not get on the tank, but that flamethrower can REACH! If he starts burning you, take off!

Keep your distance from him and don't run in a strait line...

Ok THAT'S all I can say...

Avoid the trenches.

Don't run into him with a bunch of zombies around him.

Boomhilda is your best choice if you don't trust the box or can't wait for staves, it is v much possible to pap before he shows up. Just stay in first room till round 6 -8 and get a bunch of points using 2x. Usually around 10000 points is enough to open up and pack a punch.

Best advice keep distance from him let him chase you for a while. Never ever be in straight line with him. Try not to rely on wall guns, often times i was reloading and thr sucker pulled me.

Shoot the red dot as that is his weak spot. And yes claymores does a lot of damage .

As always he is easy to take down in solo than in multiplayer. But don't under estimate him.

First thing I do after I see him is RUN :) and seperate him from zombies or throw monkeys if possible in later rounds as he is extremely dangerous when zombies are around. All staves are good to beat him and can unlatch his grip ( I don't know about lightning though , it looks weak). Ray gun is the best but you know the box ;)

All the best and let me know of this helps.

5and5 pretty much said what I was thinking.

I'd also add that one starting strategy you can try that mostly eliminates him as a problem is to go for the Ice Staff asap. You can get it and upgrade it by round 6-7 in a Solo game, reliably. The main thing is the random chance of snow - if you are lucky, it'll snow in rounds 3, 4 or 5, and that's all you need plus the luck to get the pieces while it's snowing.

• Administrators

Instant Kill drops up the damage counter on him. This makes it much easier to take him down with a few bullets. When I did the Easter Egg with some friendos, we had to kill of the 6 Panzer Soldats and let me tell you - having an Instant Kill made taking 'em out 20x easier.

Staff of Fire works magical wonders too, by the way. Just make sure you're getting a clean shot on him. I wouldn't use it if I were getting reeled in, though. I have to agree with Way that Boomhildas are perfect for these minotaurs.

Another tip is to stack up claymores every round by jugg. If you get there at round 3 and buy claymores, you will have at least 10 claymores piled up by the time he spawns (with max ammos and 2 per round), enough to take him down. Then when he spawns just run in circles and plant claymores. Same strategy we used for as Pentagon thief.

Boomhilda is the go to weapon of choice for me.

I'm not sure how people are getting enough points to PAP the Mauser before round 7, but I've never been able to, so I just use a random SMG or AR to get the job done the first time around.

Zombie Blood also does the wonders if you're lucky enough to stumble upon one when he arrives.