Did You Know? Origins Edition

Speedo Cola

Now, I remember there being a thread on this for Buried, and I felt one would be needed for this map. I haven't played Origins too much, so I won't be able to give a ton of info, however, I think it would be great to have a main discussion for all of the cool little things you can do in this map, as well as nifty little bits of info. I'll try to update the OP with everything that is posted every so often. Also, stuff related to the Ending Cutscene will be in a Spoiler. Alright, I'll go first now.

1. You can obtain "Thunderfists" (I don't know the name) if you fill up all 4 soul chests around the map.

2. You can get inside of a robot, by shooting the yellow circle on the bottom of his foot, and then being stepped on by that foot.

3. If you get on the Tank, Panzer Soldat cannot get to you.

4. In the ending cutscene, a zombie resembling one from Mob Of The Dead is seen. A cowboy zombie is also seen, which most likely references Buried.

5. An MP40 can be seen in the Ending Cutscene as chalk, as well as a Juggernog bottle, and figures of Russman, Samuel, and Marlton laying in a pile.]

6. This is the third map where it is possible to obtain the starting weapon (without dying), the first being Shi No Numa and the second being Mob of the Dead. However, it is obtained differently (by digging it up)

7. The Remington New Model Army appears in the intro cutscene, but it does not appear in-game.

8. Origins marks the first ever Call of Duty feature to take place during the First World War. It is also the earliest, with the second earliest being Mob Of The Dead.

9. The Origins Intro Cinematic was first uploaded to Call of Duty's YouTube Channel on August 19th, but at roughly 1:49 Nikolai Belinski's name was misspelled as "Belinksi". It was taken down, then reuploaded to Treyarch's channel the following day, with the mistake rectified.

10. This is the third zombies map to feature more than two ways of being able to revive other players (previous maps had standard revives and instant revives from the Pack-a-Punched Ballistic Knife). The first two being Moon with QEDs and the second being Buried with the Time Bomb.

11. This is the first time Ludvig Maxis is visually seen (in the cinematic cutscene).

12. You can obtain weapons with attachments from the mystery box, and these weapons also have wall ammo, so it is a good purchase!

13. This is the first time zombies can have three eye colors at once. Yellow, blue and purple with a white tint.

14. It is the first time since Der Riese that the player can go prone in front of a Perk-a-Cola machine and get 25 points.

15. This is the first time that prices (including doors, debris, and generators) depend on the number of players in game. This does not include perks or weapons.

16. You can get the Panzer Soldat stuck in the mud by the Robot.

17. You can get a free upgraded MG08 by collecting four yellow discs around the map with the Maxis Drone.

18. You can melee with the Ultimate Staffs.

19. You can have over 4 perks. First, buy 4. Then, accept Double Tap for the challenge. And lastly, use the following method to obtain more slots:

Acquire Golden Shovel

Get Zombie Blood

Dig up glowing mounds

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

You can get up to six perks by digging up the glowing mounds while in zombie blood.

Wait, so it'll just give you another Perk? Why only six?

It gives you an empty perk bottle drop that opens up additional spots for perk inventory it lasts the entire game, even if you are downed. The mounds glow orange.

Wait, so it'll just give you another Perk? Why only six?

It gives you an empty perk bottle drop that opens up additional spots for perk inventory it lasts the entire game, even if you are downed. The mounds glow orange.

o_o seriously?

Yes seriously!

I think he said only six because 2 orange mounds is all people have found in game so far. It could be higher.

It's not a glitch because when you go to buy a perk and you have 5 or 6, the message changes to "You can only have 5 perks at once" (or 6).

This is how it works.

Get golden shovel

Get zombie blood

Find glowing mound (rare)

Dig it up while in zombie blood

Pick up the bottle

Perk maximum now increases by one more slot.

This can be done two (or more) times.

If you do this you could also have 7 perks because you could get two perk slots then get a dt from the reward box.

I've got the Gold Shovel after digging roughly 50 spots, ~47 - ~52 so I'll just say 50 is most likely.

Gold Helmet I got at ~67 - ~ 72 spots so I'll say roughly 70 spots.

So:

Gold Shovel @ 50

Gold Helmet @ 70 (20 after you get the Shovel)

I didn't see anything physically dug up when I dug these spots, I just noticed the Icon changed color and the other icon appear.

Fun Tip:

-If you're playing with a female you can bug them about being a male with a "fe" first.

-Then, (whether she gets the previous "dig" or not) wait until she digs a spot and imply out that she's a gold digger. Works especially well if she gets Zombie Points.

-Then if she starts getting mad, politely remind her that she is probably on the wrong map, and indicate she belongs with the other gold-diggers on Buried.

Make sure you are "cute" when you point out these things so she can't stay mad at you. Also I'm not sexist, but lets face facts, the gold digging population is massive lol.

(This also works well if you are playing with a little boy who sounds like a girl, just don't acknowledge it when he says he's a boy.)

This is how it works.

Get golden shovel

Get zombie blood

Find glowing mound (rare)

Dig it up while in zombie blood

Pick up the bottle

Perk maximum now increases by one more slot.

This can be done two (or more) times.

If you do this you could also have 7 perks because you could get two perk slots then get a dt from the reward box.

Does this extra slot apply to only the player who picked it up, or all 4 players?

Would be good to use the ice staff to get the Blood every round and search for orange mounds.