The Truth(s) About Origins: Samantha's Games

karnal.instinct

I wanted to put forward my theory of what Origins is really the origins of. I've backed up my ideas with FACT, and I believe I've found the real suject originating in Origins: Samantha's Games that she plays with people as the Demonic Announcer.

Origins did not happen. This was all in Sam's imaginary game with her friend Eddy. Maxis is a regular human, Original four met just before the final cutscene takes place. However do not dispair, we gain more than we lose. We lose 1 Map of storyline progression for the O4. We gain new insight into Samantha, and the Zombies Story in general.. As well as a really fun "What if?" type map, with the same concept of Marvel Comic's "What if...?" issues, all from Samantha and Eddy's perspectives as children. However that fact alone does not make Origins any less meaningful, as it helps us to solve a long standing element of the Zombies Storyline, that seems to take away from how real it all could be. That being, the games: The box, chalk drawings, teddy bears, etc etc. My theory provides a solution that makes the Game-y part of zombies more real, and provides the backstory for why the characters get caught in one place playing round after round, Samantha is playing a game with them, and here's where it Originated.

Sam lives with Maxis, near Der Riese. She is just a little girl at this time, playing games based on what she saw, characters based on who she saw and events that occured, to and around Sam, at Der Riese.

She did not imagine anything outside of Origins. (Mob of the Dead is Purgatory, nothing related to Sam)

Time/date of End Cutscene: Before first Disaster at Der Riese, Before Richtofen went Crazy and after capture of Tank/Nickolai/Takeo but before their brainwashing. DURING WW2 I would say a few months after June 25, 1940 after the Germans conquer France.

I believe Richtofen's successful teleportation on January 4, 1940 to be the key motivation for the German invasion of France 6 months later. Reasons provided below.

First off, my supporting evidence:

-Sam saw Richtofen before he went crazy. Therefore the imagined Richtofen is not crazy in her Origins Story/Game.

January 4, 1940 Richtofen touched the MPD after teleporting and becomes schizophrenic. He also begins construction on the moon at this time and Samantha does not see him that often anymore, preferring to remember Edward Richtofen as he was before this date, thus why he is sane in Origins. (Dad's close business partner goes crazy, a child would still remember him as he was before he was crazy.)

-In the Cutscene, the Air raid siren takes place right before bombing occured or the escape of the giant at the Der Riese facility.

-The dieselpunk giants: a similar giant to the one she saw at the real der riese. If you look at the styling of Der Riese, for example the doors in the spawn room, they sport a passing resemblance to the Dieselpunk styling of the shield from origins and the Giant Robots.

-Remember the brains in the jars filled with Green Liquid, at Der Riese used to activate the Easter egg Song = she imagines Dr. Maxis' brain in a jar filled with Green Liquid in Origins. (She associates the traumatic imagery of a disembodied brain with her father seeing as it's his place of work.)

-Fluffy is normal at this point in time = No hell hounds in Origins. This game she was playing with her friend took place before the teleportation incident at Der Riese, thus Sam has never seen fluffy as a hellhound or any hellhounds at all.

-No Nova Crawlers/Minions/Jumping Jacks in Origins = Sam had not seen any of these yet, thus she did not imagine them in her Origins game.

-Her knowledge of Agartha/Norse gods = She lived with an occult scientist whose real life equivalent likely was someone in the Vril Society/Thule Society so she picked up words from time to time.

-She calls it the Great War in the intro = from her, and everyone around her's perspective in the timeline World War 1 was THE Great War. Even though this is happening during WW2, WW2 is not called that yet, and actually until the 7 week conquering of France in May/June 1940, many were calling the german invasion of poland, "The phony war."

-The reason Sam chooses NORTHERN FRANCE (The intro cutscene does NOT implicitly state where the map takes place, it merely zooms in on the map, so as far as anyone knows, it's up in the air.) is that is what she has overheard people talking about scientific expiditions to collect meteors, in order to keep their supply of 115 steady. And here's the place they go to get it: Normandy, France.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'Aigle_(meteorite)

-A little observation: Nowhere did it state that Samantha imagined ALL of the events in Zombies. The end cutscene only stated that Origins was imagined.

--- ---- ---- ---- ---- -----

Now the storyline complicagtions that interfere with my theory and my fixes:

I'm adding an assumption: Richtofen had Dempsey Nikolai and Takeo at Der Riese, where they were POW's. before being taken to Siberia for brainwashing. Sam met them at this time. = They were normal guys pre Richtofen craziness and brainwashing.

The Date given for the capture of Dempsey, Nikolai and Takeo given in Call of the Dead was August/September 1945 but I have a major problem with this. The was was over, Germany lost.

I believe 1942 would be a better fit for all the events mentioned on the call of duty wikia timeline listed as occuring in 1945. For my theory to work I'm doing a personal retcon for the events of 1945 as listed on the CoD Wikia, to have actually taken place in 1942. (That is the only major change I am making to iron out a wrinkle in an otherwise near bulletproof theory.) Here's why:

1) No good reason for Richtofen to be capturing random after the war was over (sept 1945) and he had an objective that didn't require brainwashing prisoners - the objective being accessing the MPD on the moon. Now if this were to occur in 1942, it would make more sense for him to have brainwashed super soldiers. In order to take over the MPD, he would need to kill many people to harvest their souls, thus the Super Soldiers.

2) Samantha would become trapped in the MPD shortly after playing the Origins game with Eddy, thus the "Zombies Game" would be fresh in her mind.

3) I don't believe Richtofen would be able to pull off teleporting to the moon for 5 whole years without being caught once. Not with the materials to build a moon base. 2 Years, I can buy that, but not 5. Especially given his mental issues after the initial contact with the MPD.

4) It is stated that in 1942 Richtofen and Groph/Shuster finish the moon base and the Vril Generator, why would there be a 3 year gap between them finishing the apparatus to enter the MPD and actually doing it? This makes no sense given that they are able to make a moon base and decipher ancient Vril Technology in 2 years but it takes them 3 more years to figure out how to use it?

Final Discrephancy: The Letters

Let me make this short and sweet. They were a troll from Trollarch themselves. Yes, you heard it, a sneaky crafty misleading but well played troll in order to advertise Origins on Facebook.

Anything referring to Uneasyness or Sickness, is really a reference to the Spanish Flu which claimed millions in the time period these letters were written.

The real issue was not zombies, or robots, but rather Tanks and the flu.

The 4 Heros did go to war for their countries and they all survived. They were veterans of 20+ Years in their respective Countries armies, but zombies fighters WW1 Era they were not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now is there anything in Origins that could not be attributed to something in Samantha's daily life during the time she lived with Dr. Maxis before all the shit really hit the fan? I don't believe so.

So timeline looks like this now: Sam/Eddy Final Cutscene in Origins, then Events in WaW and Black Ops as we have known all along. Origins the map/gameplay did not occur, Sam was merely using things/people/ideas in her life that she had seen at der riese, up until the point in history where she plays the Origins Game with Eddy with their action figures.

The bottom line: What Treyarch added to the storyline was the ORIGINS of the objective/rules/ideas used for the "Games" Samantha later plays as the Demonic Announcer with our characters in each map. Once she is in the MPD she draws upon her experience playing zombie games with Eddy and merges her fantasy with our hero's reality.

THUS enhancing the storyline by giving an actual backstory for the "Game" played at each map, so now we know it wasn't just some duty of the demonic announcer to play this specific game with people, but rather it was based on the experiences of Samantha's Childhood Pretend Games she used to play.

Perhaps Treyarch was more clever than we thought, and now we know the Origins to the Zombies Game the Demonic Announcer AKA Sam (Usually) plays with us every map.

Sure, the gameplay experience in Origins is a throwaway, a damn fun throwaway, and so was Mob of the Dead in Purgatory. At least Origins added something interesting to the storyline and it actually gave us some backstory on Sam, that was interesting foreshadowing that she would've never imagined.

Problems solved, maps can still be added and considered Canon. Maps can add to the story and they aren't just a children's imaginary game.

For even more good news, read below:

=========================================================================

ADDITIONAL PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED BONUS THEORY:

She did not imagine anything outside of Origins, though an argument could be made that she imagined the New Crew's adventures, as she had nothing but time on her hands on the Moon, with her no longer being the demonic announcer, and still having the active imagination of a child so she imagined what it would be like to survive zombies on earth after those missles hit, the only way she knew, through the zombie game. This also explains why Misty is the lead of the new crew, Sam is living vicariously through her imaginings of being beautiful Misty, not ugly old Richtofen. This could be why in Buried, Richtofen gets stuck in Samuel's body, thus karma is getting back at Richtofen for trapping Samantha in his body...

This one is far out there, but I can't pass on the opportunity to wipe these 4 new retards from my mind, but for now, they remain....BURIED.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's because I'm tired or something but if I'm understanding your theory correctly then you surmise that origins is just a map to show the embodiment of the Announcer games and that after the map ends is when it all really begins?

If my assumption is correct, you also state that all future maps are still in fact canon, but how do you explain that she has models of dolls of the characters she's going to be working with before she's met them? Also what about all the other paraphanelia littered around the room of maps that haven't occurred yet? Lastly, who is the Eddie character, just a friend that she's never mentioned once, or the actual Edward Richtofen? As it wouldn't be Richtofen or (the player representing the doll Richtofen), as you have seemed to imply it is, did he somehow age during the time working with Maxis? Because it was around this time in the 40s that he locked the two up with fluffy.

Maybe somehow I have misunderstood your point but as far as I can tell right now, you don't address Enough inconsistencies within your theory, as there are more that I could think of than the ones I've already stated.

Also this:

-A little observation: Nowhere did it state that Samantha imagined ALL of the events in Zombies. The end cutscene only stated that Origins was imagined.

Ya gonna have to disagree here, the very fact that the room had previous map items scattered around indicates that these maps could be imagined as well, sorry there's just no denying that, your theory can't hold here. Now if you were talking about time travel, mind warping, or even her being a very God at this point you could imply that she used these set pieces to breath life into them, but according to your theory at this point she's just a normal girl. The theory breaks down here my friend XD

Maybe it's because I'm tired or something but if I'm understanding your theory correctly then you surmise that origins is just a map to show the embodiment of the Announcer games and that after the map ends is when it all really begins?

If my assumption is correct, you also state that all future maps are still in fact canon, but how do you explain that she has models of dolls of the characters she's going to be working with before she's met them? Also what about all the other paraphanelia littered around the room of maps that haven't occurred yet? Lastly, who is the Eddie character, just a friend that she's never mentioned once, or the actual Edward Richtofen? As it wouldn't be Richtofen or (the player representing the doll Richtofen), as you have seemed to imply it is, did he somehow age during the time working with Maxis? Because it was around this time in the 40s that he locked the two up with fluffy.

Maybe somehow I have misunderstood your point but as far as I can tell right now, you don't address Enough inconsistencies within your theory, as there are more that I could think of than the ones I've already stated.

Also this:

Ya gonna have to disagree here, the very fact that the room had previous map items scattered around indicates that these maps could be imagined as well, sorry there's just no denying that, your theory can't hold here. Now if you were talking about time travel, mind warping, or even her being a very God at this point you could imply that she used these set pieces to breath life into them, but according to your theory at this point she's just a normal girl. The theory breaks down here my friend XD

Though this seems solidly convincing, we don't actually know whether that's fact, or Treyarch just decided to throw them in as a nod to all the past maps. An example of throwing things in was in Modern Warfare 3 campaign, when a picture of Lev Kravchenko showed up in a cutscene, when in reality it was supposed to be a picture of a dude named Lev who was in Modern Warfare 2.

The only way we'll know the truth is when Treyarch's next COD comes out :roll:

I think Richtofen's persona is modeled directly after Eddie's.

That's why Richtofen knows so much about everything.

I also believe that Maxis - in their game - is actually Sam, but I'll get more detail on that later.

Origins is the latest game they played. Even though it's the first map in chronological order, does not mean it's the first game they played together. You can see toys of the previous maps (like the bus/N4 figures/Shang sundial stone) around the room pushed aside to the walls. Indicating that they've played those maps before and Origins is their latest game.

I also believe that Maxis - in their game - is actually Sam, but I'll get more detail on that later.

Origins is the latest game they played. Even though it's the first map in chronological order, does not mean it's the first game they played together. You can see toys of the previous maps (like the bus/N4 figures/Shang sundial stone) around the room pushed aside to the walls. Indicating that they've played those maps before and Origins is their latest game.

But then, why would Eddie say that Samantha doesn't know how to play properly? If they had played before, then Samantha would know properly after about 5-7 maps.

I believe Treyarch threw in the toys there as a nod to the previous maps. But I could be wrong :roll:

i agree that origins is not the first game they played cuz it shows sam and eddies name on the leg of the bed with tally marks showing there score indicating that they have played befor.

I found that the crazy place just happened to hold each a symbol of the O4's own madnesses,

Rage: Dempsey: Fire staff

Fear: Nikolai (Fear of Remembering his past): Ice

Mental inbalence: Takeo: Wind

Madness: Richtofen: Lightning

Also how one collects each part of the staff also reflects the characters:

Scratch the surface of your coldest memory's: Ice: Nikolai

Accept your fear from the robots and embrace it: Wind: Takeo

Create peace by elimination: Fire: Tank

Look beyond the obvious for answers: Lightning: Richtofen

I didn't realize that was supposed to be the same meteor. Origins shows us many elements. I think 115 can just be an array of colors. Naturally blue but when tampered turns to other colors.

It is indeed the Shi No Numa, i spent more time no Clipping that map than I should of.

I could agree that it changes colour, your idea is a good one, however im still unsure of the timeline

The DG2 is powered by concentrated element 115, however, its also proved via terminal files that the Ray Gun is powered by element 115, so green and blue can be used as weapons as well as red (pap raygun and upgraded DG2)

So we have the

Blue - powers the DG2 / the electric traps and the teleporters

Green - as seen in Der Riese and Origins, has brains in jars on both

Red - as seen on meteorites Post origins, Easter eggs and Shi No Numa

I've probably missed quite a few other things but for the time being i wanted a correlation between the different colours and their meaning, and although im high as a kite, it seems to me that

Blue is concentrated element 115

Green is modified to "Preserve" the electrodes in the brain? Keeping a person alive? Maxis Brain in a jar anyone

Red Is possibly its raw form and is unprocessed

These are just my thoughts first thing in the morning, i probably could come up with better after I'm awake

good theory but u cant just change dates that r fact to make it work

By that logic, then Treyarch can't change what 115 looks like (Shi no Numa meteor in the cinematic intro).

Actually they can - Treyarch write the story so they can do whatever they want and change whatever they want, and it simply becomes "canon".

We are readers of the story (or players to be more accurate) so anything WE change simply becomes "wrong" if we move away from what Treyarch has told us has happened.

good theory but u cant just change dates that r fact to make it work

By that logic, then Treyarch can't change what 115 looks like (Shi no Numa meteor in the cinematic intro).

Actually they can - Treyarch write the story so they can do whatever they want and change whatever they want, and it simply becomes "canon".

We are readers of the story (or players to be more accurate) so anything WE change simply becomes "wrong" if we move away from what Treyarch has told us has happened.

Technically, Treyarch wrote the story based on fans' ideas. Samantha wouldn't even exist if someone didn't point out the "Sam" grunt in Verruckt. So basically, the story of Zombies is written both by Treyarch's Zombies team, and the community.

• 8 months later...

The whole zombie series was imagation from the two children playing. But its real from the perspective of the toys.... Best comparison would The Lego movie. If you've watched it the ending is completely parallel to the ending in Origins. Magic tunnel and all.

I'm gonna have to reiterate my theory.

Everything we've ever seen in zombies is a game that 2 children are playing out together. The entire storyline was improvised by the 2 children as they played with their toys. We'll omit the WaW maps, since those were redone in BO:2, thus the storyline (games) go in this order:

NDT-->Verruckt-->SNN-->Der Riese-->KDT-->Five & Ascension-->CotD-->SRL-->Origins-->Moon & Nuketown-->TranZit-->Die Rise-->MotD-->Buried

Moon & Nuketown happen simultaneously and I believe these are transitional games between the 2 children. This is why the storyline gets so convoluted. As Sam is trying to finish her story, Eddy is also taking over. 

Origins was Sam's explanation to her story, as Eddy was probably becoming frustrated with how she was moving things along. This is evident with his quote, "Girls don't know about zombies."

The cutscene gives us a solid resolution to the storyline, but also gives us some insight that the world these children are in might be the setting for the next game. I would actually love to see the story play out as these children's games come to life and they have to survive the same way they were making their dolls. Who wouldn't love profane quotes from a child as they're slaying undead? However, even if this is not the direction Treyarch will take us, we at least have an ending to this confusing story arc.