481B & 386A: The Missing Blood Vials from MotD

GRILL

(7/15 update:) Richtofen still has the blood vials in the Giant intro.

cYcCzwR.png

So, remember the ORIGINS reveal trailer?

link for mobile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... B_9esQucmw

Around 00:50 seconds, it starts panning up Richtofen - showing off his equipment. At 00:54 seconds, we can see that Richtofen is carrying 2 blood vials.

BRFlmoKCQAA24hA.png

481B & 386A.  They were the inmate ID numbers for two of the prisoners in Mob of the Dead, Sal DeLuca & Finn O'Leary

QYPk0Fq.jpg

k4umQfR.jpg

2467593-9708317379-Finn_.png

There are no steps in ORIGINS detailing these blood vials, so perhaps we will see them in the Giant.

In game blood vial:

e0tty8l.jpg

Edited by GRILL
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was just a nod to the new power drop "zombie blood". Rumor has it the same team that made motd made origins an maybe using the inmates numbers was just a sly way of expressing that.

well, zombie blood is zombie blood - this would be human blood. Also there's no evidence or proof to support that rumor about the campaign team making ORIGINS or MotD.

I went in game and took a picture of Richtofen in the spawn room, it's apparent now that he has the blood vials - but they've already been used:

So now - the question is: what did he use them on? Did he use them on Maxis? Does he know about the events of MotD? or are these just random numbers that Samantha later appropriated for MotD (if it's all "just a game")? I'm quite intrigued....

I also believe this has to do with Zombie Blood.

115 causes things to be temporally displaced. Somehow Richtofen obtained the vials of blood from the future. (The prisoners died a lot, so they had more than enough blood to give.) What's so special about their blood? Perhaps it has to do with the fact that they were exposed to 115 or perhaps that they fought more zombies than anyone else, ever.

I think Richtofen was researching the blood samples, and that is why he has them on his person. I think that is why the Zombie Blood Power-Up was initiated in Origins. Richtofen even seems familiar with its nature, saying "It's just like Maxis said! They seem to think that I am one of them!" I think Zombie Blood was a product of the 935's research on the mobster's blood then used as a Power-Up by Samantha.

115 causes things to be temporally displaced. Somehow Richtofen obtained the vials of blood from the future. (The prisoners died a lot, so they had more than enough blood to give.) What's so special about their blood? Perhaps it has to do with the fact that they were exposed to 115 or perhaps that they fought more zombies than anyone else, ever.

I think Richtofen was researching the blood samples, and that is why he has them on his person. I think that is why the Zombie Blood Power-Up was initiated in Origins. Richtofen even seems familiar with its nature, saying "It's just like Maxis said! They seem to think that I am one of them!" I think Zombie Blood was a product of the 935's research on the mobster's blood then used as a Power-Up by Samantha.

An interesting theory but I don't think it adds up. The zombie blood power up is just an evolution of the Vulture Aid effect with the green mist, and as for the mobsters we don't know for sure that 115 was even involved in Mob of the Dead, plus it was clearly cut off from the rest of the world. I don't buy this "they appeared magically because 115" thing. The box has the power to bring weapons yeah, but the odds of some vials of blood just turning up are silly. Who collected the blood? The whole 935 "Not this time!" thing makes me think 115 isn't involved at all in MOTD.

There had to be 115 because Mob of the Dead heavily uses the "plucking from time" idea. And Maxis says that 115 is behind the plucking things from their time. Therefore, transitive reasoning will tell you what was plucking things from time in Mob of the Dead.

And the Zombie Blood is literally a pouch of blood. What do we have here? A vial of blood? Hmm.

Btw, you have no choice but to accept the theory, or something like it, because how else would blood from people in the '30's end up in WWI?

This seems like a very logical theory but I don't think we will ever find out why the vials are actually there.

If I were to speculate about this . My best opinionated guess is weasel collected the blood from them after he broke the cycle . I say everyone suspected he was dead already being in the cycle , but what if he wasn't dead . And when it was broken he met something or somebody and was tasked with a mission to serve this underworld lord or entity and its ancient evil plot.

Perhaps it was defeated by our O4 somewhere in this wacky space-time continuum (referencing the Secret Picture from Origins of our hero's looking like saviors of an ancient people)

If those gangsters did so much evil , A dark entity could empower itself from their deeds and the soul collection

I don't know , But if the vials richtofen had were empty, could he have had synthesized zombie blood from it, if that was even possible ?

Here's some food for thought , everything we have seen in zombies had a little toy in that room except the MOTD crew. Only the guard zombie was referenced , you saw 3-O4 (I saw nik , ric ,and tak or demp couldn't tell not all of them, one was missing) and 4-N4 , and 1 unknown (AGAIN) in the background that the dog knocked over . But there weren't any mobsters to be seen .

How exactly do you explain the presence of 115 on Alcatraz Island? Something that comes from meteorites, of which there are none on the Island.

Mob has everything different. This is shown by the different box, the different announcer, etc etc. We've no idea if it's the same mechanics, or if it is even properly related beyond Treyarch trolling us. That's the thing, you can theorize all you want, doesn't make it the ultimate truth. Only Treyarch know that.

• Administrators

There had to be 115 because Mob of the Dead heavily uses the "plucking from time" idea. And Maxis says that 115 is behind the plucking things from their time. Therefore, transitive reasoning will tell you what was plucking things from time in Mob of the Dead.

115 is responsible for numerous actions that we don't exactly understand. We know that it can distort time and space. Mob of the Dead is the example of the controller (Lucifer) removing things from their respective timelines and placing them where they do not belong. We've seen what happens to those objects that are displaced. Did it need 115? Not necessarily.

It's hard to believe that 115 would simply take a few blood samples from mobsters and throw them into a WWI-era. All we have is numbers that are similar with broken connections. Doesn't mean it's not plausible of course!

And the Zombie Blood is literally a pouch of blood. What do we have here? A vial of blood? Hmm.

Blood is blood. Don't know how more descriptive you can get than that. :lol:

Btw, you have no choice but to accept the theory, or something like it, because how else would blood from people in the '30's end up in WWI?

Nobody needs to accept a theory because it's the only one. It could be no connection for all we know, and just a nod towards Mob of the Dead. I would believe that Richtofen somehow managed to get his hand son their blood but considering that he does not have much experience in 115-research as much as Maxis did, I wouldn't be so fast to hit the buzzer just yet.

115 is responsible for numerous actions that we don't exactly understand. We know that it can distort time and space. Mob of the Dead is the example of the controller (Lucifer) removing things from their respective timelines and placing them where they do not belong. We've seen what happens to those objects that are displaced. Did it need 115? Not necessarily.

It's hard to believe that 115 would simply take a few blood samples from mobsters and throw them into a WWI-era. All we have is numbers that are similar with broken connections. Doesn't mean it's not plausible of course!

That is a good point. That would explain why the Perks flicker when nothing else did. Hm. But 115 takes everything BUT a few blood samples, so I see it as very likely. It takes guns, Perk machines, Perk bottles, giant robot parts, mechanization, why not blood samples? In fact, if I were to grab one random thing from the 20th century, aren't the odds good that I would get something relatively unimportant? Like a watch, or maybe a streetlight. But since 115 displaces things, it is possible that something near 115 (like in zombies) would have priority or something that wasn't, which is an explanation for why it was THEIR blood, out of all the blood in the world (blood is a pretty common substance).

Nobody needs to accept a theory because it's the only one. It could be no connection for all we know, and just a nod towards Mob of the Dead. I would believe that Richtofen somehow managed to get his hand son their blood but considering that he does not have much experience in 115-research as much as Maxis did, I wouldn't be so fast to hit the buzzer just yet.

I forgot to include a disclaimer for no belief. It isn't unlike when I am picking where to go for lunch I exclude the possibility of dying before I make it there. No theory on this matter can NOT include time travel. The only thing that can is the LACK of a theory.

• Administrators

Don't matter if it was related or not, it was an epic find

It was a big part of the teaser trailer. Not a recent find. I would have to agree what someone had posted previously. Just a tip of the hat to the community. If the drop was weasel's blood and we got a golden spork ok, buts it's just zombie blood.

Hm. But 115 takes everything BUT a few blood samples, so I see it as very likely. It takes guns, Perk machines, Perk bottles, giant robot parts, mechanization, why not blood samples? In fact, if I were to grab one random thing from the 20th century, aren't the odds good that I would get something relatively unimportant?

I'm sorry Murder, but I can't believe that it's just random. I believe the blood vials had a higher purpose, and although we haven't realized it yet, I'm hoping we can craft a theory more specific to the blood vials, and not just an all encompassing "115 did it" theory.

Don't matter if it was related or not, it was an epic find

It was a big part of the teaser trailer. Not a recent find. I would have to agree what someone had posted previously. Just a tip of the hat to the community. If the drop was weasel's blood and we got a golden spork ok, buts it's just zombie blood.

Yeah, well actually the empty blood vials picture is new. I haven't seen anyone discuss it for awhile, and I don't want it to be simply glazed over.

I really REALLY don't understand how it's "a tip of the hat to the community". I personally think that's the easy way out for any argument in zombies, so I really can't accept that.

It's way too random to be a tip of the hat to the community, but at the same time it's so specific, and at the SAME SAME time it's a super paradox! I'm not letting this one go lightly, no no, there is something happening here involved with these blood vials then meets the eye.

Ok ok ok im going to just throw this out there with Mob of the poop a d its a crazy idea but quite plausible in the grand scheme of weirdness.

For the start i want to explain my theory on mob of the Dead.

All 4 inmates are waiting to be killed by Electric chair (hence the electric chairs in the game right?)

Well what if the electric used to kill the inmates on the Real electric chair was powered by element 115? and instead of bringing something through to "our world" it sent them through to purgatory, i mirror image of the real world with slight differences.being powered somehow by element 115 means they did die but their souls remained

This could explain why you are in a loop, this would explain why you can never escape. Given all the new info from origins im starting to look at all previous maps differently.

Anyway back to the zombie blood, as the inmates are technically dead stuck in Purgatory (or trapped in the Aether) the blood vials could be sent through time as a way to help other people, as a sign of some kind.

Ive got more i could add to this but for now as an idea, i though I'd post it

what about Weezle from MotD with the quote "Nikoli, Nikoli, Nikoli, why do I keep hearing that name!" could this be because when the cycle was broken weezle who had broken the cycle left Pergitory to become the Avigadro in Tranzit and place items through the timelines to assist our groups to where they needed to be...

(only putting this out there the afterlife mode is alot like the avigadro)

This is a way that he could link his paradox back to this timeline to try and stop his own torment as the Avigadro.

Just an idea, and also hi forum people, first post on here :)

what about Weezle from MotD with the quote "Nikoli, Nikoli, Nikoli, why do I keep hearing that name!" could this be because when the cycle was broken weezle who had broken the cycle left Pergitory to become the Avigadro in Tranzit and place items through the timelines to assist our groups to where they needed to be...

(only putting this out there the afterlife mode is alot like the avigadro)

This is a way that he could link his paradox back to this timeline to try and stop his own torment as the Avigadro.

Just an idea, and also hi forum people, first post on here :)

I never really played mob of the dead (just didnt like it) i always though he said Nikola (tesla) wish i did play it more than a few times now lol

My only thing i can really say is things are carried through the aether, we "teleport" through the aether, is it possible that the Aether tunnels intersect? Something linked to the Kassimir effect i posted so so long ago.

What about Gersh? He was trapped in Argatha with samantha.

Or is it really the Aether, purgatory, the world between worlds that threads the universes and dimensions together?

Maybe Gersh was freed and he went to Argatha, the same as Brock in shangri la was trying to do?

Richtofen when taking control of the zombies specifically mentions the AETHER, mention of Argartha at all

EDIT

WELCOME :)

• Administrators

Yeah, well actually the empty blood vials picture is new. I haven't seen anyone discuss it for awhile, and I don't want it to be simply glazed over.

They aren't empty though. The character model in the trailer was far more detailed than the one in game. As for the TotH I think there are several of these through out the map. 25 cents back, bi planes, early wonder gun type staves, Dempsey referencing another team possibly the ones at nacht, im sure theres more. Not trying to debunk your theory, just giving my input.

They aren't empty though. The character model in the trailer was far more detailed than the one in game. As for the TotH I think there are several of these through out the map. 25 cents back, bi planes, early wonder gun type staves, Dempsey referencing another team possibly the ones at nacht, im sure theres more. Not trying to debunk your theory, just giving my input.

No worries! Haha I'm pretty sure I haven't even given a theory, as I'm still trying to draw together reasoning. And thanks for the input, to you and everyone - the reason I made this thread is because I wanted to see what the community thinks! :mrgreen:

and I think you might have misunderstood me - the blood vials actually are empty "in-game":

sorry about the poor quality of the photo, but you can clearly see the transparency of the vial - in contrast to the trailer (which I agree with you is far more detailed):

Here's my line of thought:

115 can pull items through time and space. When we are playing in ORIGINS, a lot of these items are confusing to the O-O4 (ORIGINS Original 4). "Guns being pulled out of thin air?", "Magical potions" - however, 115 didn't pull 2 blood vials and securely fasten them to Richtofen's jacket. There was purpose behind those blood vials, Richtofen had purpose and intentions. He wouldn't have them so close if he didn't need them, and he wouldn't have used them "just to use them".

That's the closest thing I can grasp at this point: purpose vs. non-purpose; intentions vs. confusion.

I think it was just a nod to the new power drop "zombie blood". Rumor has it the same team that made motd made origins an maybe using the inmates numbers was just a sly way of expressing that.

well, zombie blood is zombie blood - this would be human blood.

Maybe the mobsters are really zombies, and they just think they're a bunch of mobsters, but really it's a hallucination masking them from the truth. Hence the fact that they "feel but still can't control themselves." Like in the matrix.

well, zombie blood is zombie blood - this would be human blood.

Maybe the mobsters are really zombies, and they just think they're a bunch of mobsters, but really it's a hallucination masking them from the truth. Hence the fact that they "feel but still can't control themselves." Like in the matrix.

You mean like how when you use zombie blood in Origins... Another possible side affect from coming in contact from element 115