Which team's maps did you prefer?

The Zombies team created TranZit, Nuketown, Die Rise, and Buried, while the campaign team created Mob of the Dead and Origins.

Imo, the campaign team, quite ironically, did a far better job than the Zombies team at making Zombies. The Zombies team maps were very bland and easy with few new features that didn't feel tacky, and the new characters were quite one-dimensional. The campaign team made maps that felt extremely fresh with new objectives, creative new features, amazing atmosphere and characters, while also making the maps challenging.

Which team's maps did you prefer and why?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't got to play Origins yet, I'm on ps3, but so far I would have to agree. Mob was fun and the map did have an eerie feeling that the old maps brought. While Tranzit. . . well I'm still scratching my head on that one. The lava was a challenge, but was annoying as ****. Also the denizens? What were they thinking with these? Not to mention the zombies dying if you leave the area he is at. And HIM, still don't know what his deal is. Die Rise was neat and kind of difficult to figure out at first, but now it's just a camping map and lost the old style of playing Z's. And as far as camping, well I don't even have to go there with Buried do I? The zombie team also came up with the bank, which has made lazy people. I know you could just not use it, but it's there and if your bank is maxed out, of course your'e gonna use it just to fill it back up. Kinda sux you can't put any weapon in the fridge, Paralyzer on Tranzit would be fun.

I refuse to believe that there are two separate teams designing and making the Zombie maps, it doesn't make sense.

Just because in Mob and Origins it's Jason Blundell (producer of Black Ops 2) talking about the map, doesn't mean he took the whole campaign team, excluded the Zombie 'team', and made the map.

(They even call him the Executive Producer of Mob and Origins)

Jimmy Z is the lead designer. Two very different occupations.

Executive Producer, meaning he's responsible for creating a budget, getting a team together and get the map finished before the deadline set by Activision.

It does NOT mean that the whole campaign team worked on those maps, he even said in interviews (which he took together with Jimmy for those saying he replaces J) that they took the whole dev team to Alcatraz for photos and location study. "20 people" he said. 20. Treyarch has over 250 employees.

I'm sure they sometimes temporarily bring people like concept art drawers, audio designers, 3d model designers CC+ scripters over from MP/SP to help get the Zombie map made in time.

Zielinski's 'team' (which remember, is just a group of people assigned by a producer to complete a task, job or project) however has never been excluded from any map. Saying that while the campaign team worked on Mob while the Zombies team worked ahead on Buried due to time constraints is also nonsense.

It's like saying "Hey, Vonderhaar talked about the making of Origins so the MP team made it".

or "Reza Elghazi talked about the making of Die Rise so I guess Jimmy is fired"

Unless backed up by proof, this is a common misconception. Nothing more, nothing less.

And to answer your question: I prefer the objective-style of Mob and Origins.

Weather the maps were made by different teams or not doesn't matter, in my personal opinion, not to say Tranzit, Die Rise and Buried were bad maps (not at all, through Tranzit is by far not my favorite), I think Mob of the Dead and Origins are much better maps, I like the creative new features they implemented (Such as new ways to turn on power, even the Domination style of capturing the Generators), the Robots, the Der Wunderfizz, making a Pack a Punchable Wonder Weapon (through the Staff's are badass through, worth building them), among other things, I also loved the athmosphere of both maps, captured and brought back the erie feeling of the WaW zombie maps that zombies had been lacking, and they brought back my beautiful O4 FTW!!!! love you O4!,

When Origins was so good for me it was able to displace Der Riese as my favorite map, I think that is enough to show how much I preferred Mob and Origins