The Partially Cyclical Omnipotent Samantha Theory

MysteryMachineX

I've thought that the shield is now active referred to in fact Operation Shield. I see no reason why they cannot be one and the same.

Still stuck in traffic thanks to a bomb alert on dartford bridge so cant supply the stuff i need.

Operation shield is part of it, however Richtofen was referring to the Shield itself in Der Riese, its not just an operation name, alot of people miss some vital information from W@W and BO1 regarding it, its purpose in the facility itself, Richtofen and Maxis mentions different aspects of what the shield is, and is all up for speculation.

However i believe the clues lie within the description of Element 115 and the AETHER Maxis talks a out in later maps.

2 main things i remember back from W@W i come up with through research, the eclipse helped semi prove that the shield (could) distort time / create a time bubble shield thanks to using the aether.

Secondly i found articles related to the lunar eclipse that helps amplify magnetic / electron / particles which could explain why Richtofen chose to do what he did on a lunar eclipse

Well if you want to talk about that, you might want to do what Mega said and make a thread on it when you gather your materials.

Btw, guys, just heard an interesting quote from Samantha that definitively disproves the "it's just a game" crap. (Again, not a theory.) Samantha says "I just want to go home." Now why would she say that if she was ALREADY IN HER ROOM THE WHOLE TIME? :lol: I'm just kidding. I know logic isn't the best defense with that theory.

Theres so much info to post il have to do a seperate thread for it lol

Samantha mentions from Moon several qoutes like "I dont like this game" "I dont want to play anymore" but she also comes out with several qoutes on moon like "I just want to go home" "I dont like it here anymore" and then the same maps mentions Richtofen and her dad (and fluffy) "i will kill you for what you have done to Daddy Edward!" "Why did you do that to my dear fluffy daddy"

I dont believe zombies has been just a game, infact i strongly believe otherwise and will defend that idea based on 17 maps of facts from in game.

I DO however believe Samantha is playing a game while TELLING the story of her Father and (IMO Richtofen Senoir). She does specifically tell us this.

However as players we cant play a zombie map with no zombies, and people would be in outraged if we had a map like NDU with next to none story elements.

This is the GAME that WE play. The ciphers found in Origins is real, however the zombie outbreak, Maxis being chopped open and everything else i believe did not happen (although everyone will think differently on this)

I will point out in my defence that Maxis in origins couldn't find the original staff of the ancients, but built 4 replicas which we find...

However Richtofen PRE moon finds all the pieces of the original Staff, the Vril generator (golden rod), the focusing stone all point to the original Staff.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have got to say I have no clue what the "Sheild" is. So if you still have any of your research from your old works, you should put them up in a thread here.

Eternal, you are ignoring the paradox that is present in little Eddie and Samantha imagining up events using real life celebrities and politicians, some of which who werent even born at the time these "games" would have had to take place.

I feel it is concrete that the ending cut scene takes place in the earlier parts of WW2.

otherwise:

She would not refer to WW1 as "The Great War" it simply isnt done that way anymore.

There are air raid sirens in the background. So there must be a war. WW2 is the only applicable one.

The only other possible time period that could inhabit, would have to be in a reality where WW2 did not exist. Then it could be far in the future.

However Occam's razor would dictate that we take the simplest of those two, because both could be equally defended. In fact there is more evidence in my eyes pointing towards WW2 than not, but the argument for not, is plausible.

So if it is early 1940, then there is a major paradox involving the events of FIVE, and Call of the Dead.

We know FIVE directly connected with ascension, so those events must be happening in the future as well, which would prevent anyone from saying FIVE was real, but all O4 maps were not.

There is a paradox involved in MMX's theory UNLESS you subscribe to the idea of diverging timelines.

Where as with your theory, there is a major unanswered question.

Occam's razor would say go with the simplier, unless the more complicated better answers the question.

MMX's response does not leave unanswered, how Samantha and Eddie could have known about JFK, Castro, Danny Trejo, Robert Englund, and etc in 1940.

therefore MMX's response is the one which is more valid.

Unfortunately, you're basing this support off another unproven bit of evidence. The time that the cutscene ocurrs. A mention of 'The Great War' is not concrete fact that this cutscene ocurrs before WWII. After all, we have no basis for where this cutscene takes place. Is it even on the planet Earth? Could it be an alternate reality from our own that never had WWII or even WWI as we know it? Absolutely, it could. Just because we have references to real life people in previous maps that were imagined by Samantha means nothing if the cutscene exists in a different reality from our own. We have separate realities, thus we've had separate histories.

My theory does not jump to any conclusions, whereas MMX's does...and lots of them. Your support of his theory also is heavily dependent on assumptions that have no proof.

My theory takes the cutscene at face value and does not attempt to answer anymore questions. Therefore, it is the simplest answer.

I just think some people want to be upset by the ending. But thanks so much for your logic!

Actually, I'm upset by people that don't accept the gift we've been given by Treyarch. This ending, as I see it, is glorious and I'm thrilled by it. Further speculation that drives everyone in circles is what truly upsets me. Again, MMX, you fail to understand me. It's seems an epidemic now that everyone is jumping to conclusions and making far too many assumptions, not only about the story, but also about debating theories and the attitudes of others while engaged in debate.

How is saying "Humans in an alternate history, and/or on another planet" simpler than taking the bits of evidence I've provided at face value?

You're making just as many assumptions, if not more. My claim to the time period is valid. I'm not inventing things to make it work. To make your work, you have to invent the idea thatthis may not be Earth, it may not be the normal Timeline. That is far more complicated.

Sorry for my late reply.

Theres so much info to post il have to do a seperate thread for it lol

Samantha mentions from Moon several qoutes like "I dont like this game" "I dont want to play anymore" but she also comes out with several qoutes on moon like "I just want to go home" "I dont like it here anymore" and then the same maps mentions Richtofen and her dad (and fluffy) "i will kill you for what you have done to Daddy Edward!" "Why did you do that to my dear fluffy daddy"

I dont believe zombies has been just a game, infact i strongly believe otherwise and will defend that idea based on 17 maps of facts from in game.

I DO however believe Samantha is playing a game while TELLING the story of her Father and (IMO Richtofen Senoir). She does specifically tell us this.

However as players we cant play a zombie map with no zombies, and people would be in outraged if we had a map like NDU with next to none story elements.

This is the GAME that WE play. The ciphers found in Origins is real, however the zombie outbreak, Maxis being chopped open and everything else i believe did not happen (although everyone will think differently on this)

I will point out in my defence that Maxis in origins couldn't find the original staff of the ancients, but built 4 replicas which we find...

However Richtofen PRE moon finds all the pieces of the original Staff, the Vril generator (golden rod), the focusing stone all point to the original Staff.

Well the part about it not being a game I agree with. But as you know the rest I do not.

I just heard something interesting that may prove MMX's theory as right.

I just completed the EE with some friends, and right when we activated the last part, Maxis said something along the lines of

I must go see Samantha now, the paradox must be resolved.

Thank you, Misty. I will add that in the first post, if that is okay with you. :D

@Mega: I admire your passion.

Also, guys, got a new timeline for the first post.

I heard a line in zombie blood that Sam said to Richtofen today. While I don't remember the exact words used, I remember that the gist of it was something like "you know we must break this loop". Sounded a lot like Origins is indeed in a cycle, a time loop. While I'm not 100% convinced that Samantha is a new God (she can't break the cycle by herself), I do think Origins heavily implies that there is indeed a time loop, a cycle similar to MotD going on.

Also gotta remember how in MotD, if you do nothing, you get Samantha's Lullaby. Coincidence? I think not.

I heard a line in zombie blood that Sam said to Richtofen today. While I don't remember the exact words used, I remember that the gist of it was something like "you know we must break this loop". Sounded a lot like Origins is indeed in a cycle, a time loop. While I'm not 100% convinced that Samantha is a new God (she can't break the cycle by herself), I do think Origins heavily implies that there is indeed a time loop, a cycle similar to MotD going on.

Also gotta remember how in MotD, if you do nothing, you get Samantha's Lullaby. Coincidence? I think not.

I use God mainly for emphasis. And considering the Devil is an actual character parallel to Samantha, I think it is fitting. I believe the easter egg song that goes "I am a [bleep]ing archangel!" really emphasizes this too.

But nevertheless I appreciate the support! There are many quotes which indicate cycles. Perhaps we should amass them?

As for Samantha's Lullaby (btw, the one in Mob of the Dead is actually remastered to not include her sound effects), I think chasing that is chasing a dog's tail.

Heard the quote again today and this is exactly what Sam said: "You cannot prevent what is coming, Edward. The loop must be closed!"

I dont believe this loop, cycle paradox theory as people know.

But i want to give a outside the box perspective on this quote (which is one of a few)

It could well be Maxis is only talking abou the paradox of him being a brain in the jar, this alone is a paradox due to not being part of the rest of the arc, in fact nothing in origins has really been mentioned in any of the other maps, let alone what happens here. That is the paradox that must be fixed.

Secondly, if the paradox cycle theory is to be believed, it was set in motion by Samantha herself in Origins, which then Led her to go on and create yet another paradox on top of a paradox, which then snowballs into a cycle which blah blah blah you see how bad that scenario would be? I agree the rift in time and space, ive believed the aether is a tunnel to parallel dimensions, a gateway if you will.

But i dont believe for one second i. A cycle that needs to be stopped, w@w and BO1 mention nothing on this, it was only in BO2 this became talked about, strange seeing as the earth is blown up and Richtofen is now in Samantha's body. Meaning this was foretold aswell (again nothing mentioned in w@w or BO1)

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Administrators

Late arrival on this post, but a point of observation:

Someone was arguing that Eddy is Samantha's brother or relation. Just want to mention that in the cutscene, he refers to Maxis as "your dad." Food for thought. "We better do what your dad says."

Also, someone mentioned briefly the comic book idea. I have never encountered it since, but once upon a time, while playing as Dempsey during a game of Origins, he said, as I ran under the bridge going to Speed Cola/Giant's footprint, "This looks familiar. Like I've seen it in a comic book." 

I am not an advocate of the idea that Weasle wrote the whole thing. Just more food for thought.

@Dub Zee @

One more note-the siren (as y'all probably know) is the same as the one that constantly plays at Der Riese, during Nuketown, and in the Der Riese radio that @Dub Zee was discussing.

Enough off topic, however. I just finished reading this thread and wanted to make some clarifying/additionally perplexing observations.

Edited by NaBrZHunter