The Partially Cyclical Omnipotent Samantha Theory

MysteryMachineX

The Partially Cyclical Omnipotent Samantha Theory

Simple Version:

Complete Version:

7sbEzkYSfeE

So the Side Mission for Origins has been completed, and we got a lot of juicy info about the storyline of zombies. For instance, for the second time in Zombies history (first being Mob of the Dead), the Side Mission ends the game, with closure being the only reward. And it has an ending cutscene, which is a first in itself, unless you count George Romero talking in Call of the Dead.

If you want to watch the video, go find one on this site somewhere. But we will start with the ending, because it has some important information. First of all, you see that Samantha is a normal little girl playing with toys, which are our characters. So the initial response is that this must just be a game, yes? Our characters are not just dead but never lived? But then look what happens, sirens go off. Bombings are going on. It's WWII. Maxis tells Samantha to come down to the basement to avoid the bombs.

Most important is the last few lines. "I wish the heroes in our stories were real, Sam." "I know what you mean, but we will make everything okay. My dad says he has a plan."

Woah, woah, wait a minute. WHAT. She says he has a plan? To do what? To make everything okay? Why are things not okay? Because they aren't real? So... there's a plan to make them real? It might seem like a stretch to some of you, but what else would the plan be for? Why would she say it in that matter unless she was saying the plan is to make the stories real?

What is the plan? It's WWII. The plan is to begin Group 935 again. The plan is create the technology that they had interacted with by using 115. The plan is to create test subjects that will be mirror images of their former selves. It is their fault that the world is safe, that Maxis is alive. The least that can be done is to repay the favor and give them life. But then things go wrong. Samantha ends up in the MPD, etc, etc, etc.

It's like Mob of the Dead, it's a cycle. And remember what Richtofen-in-Samuel's-body said in Buried?

"Nein! It cannot be like this forever! There must be a way to break the cycle!"

Even in Origins, Maxis says right before the end, "I must go see Samantha now, the paradox must be resolved."

Samantha was last seen in Moon. We are told that 115 has the ability to pull things out of time and space. That's how the Mystery Box works in Origins (and the rest of the maps), as well as how the giant robots are there. If these things can be plucked, why not Samantha? We've all wondered where she's been since Moon, and it was the one place Richtofen could never see from the Aether, and that is Agartha. However, she didn't just get put into Agartha but into Agartha in 1918, back in time.

Samantha is sent back to the time of Origins, where she controls the zombies simply because no one else is present. We see Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen for the first time here. Samantha tried to explain to Maxis that she is his daughter, but this is before he ever knew about her.

At the end of the Side Mission, we free Samantha from Agartha. And we get immediate results. Maxis and Richtofen tried in Buried to master their power, but it worked against them. Maxis destroyed all he once held dear in vain for something he cherished much more. Richtofen destroyed all he cared not for to have fun, only to be imprisoned in Samuel's body, fighting zombies. But Samantha, because of Agartha, once being freed, managed to get full power. In other words, she became the closest thing to God. Mob of the Dead has the Devil. Origins has God. And her name is Samantha.

Once free, she uses her almighty powers granted from Agartha and/or Aether to rewrite time and space to her fitting, and she chooses... to be absolutely normal. She never wanted to be God. She chooses to make the whole thing nothing a but a game, wiped from history. She has a friend named after "Eddy", and she has her beloved father, and they're in WWII.

But Maxis has a plan. He remembers. After all, he was the one to grab and pull Samantha out of Agartha. (The drone goes first before the characters, which activates the gateway.) In WWII, he forms an organization, Group 935, this time with him as the leader. He gets four test subjects to be brainwashed and strikingly similar to the four heroes that had helped him so long ago. But there were unforeseen side affects. Tank was overtly angry. Nikolai was drunk. Takeo was more accepting. Edward... was a sociopath. Long story short, those four end up on the Moon with Samantha. Samantha gets trapped in Agartha in the past. The real heroes help her out. She recreates the universe. Maxis recreates them. And so forth.

So in essence, this is an issue of bending time:

WWI > WWII > Cold War > Earth Blown Up > Samantha disappears

Samantha reappears > Futuristic WWI > Samantha is rescued

Samantha plays games > WWII > Cold War > Earth Blown Up > Samantha disappears

And so forth.

The only problem with this is that Maxis remembers. If he remembered, he'd know there was a cycle. Richtofen seems to have gleaned this information in Buried. The solution is that the cycle is not an endless cycle. We cannot see how the cycle began, but the cycle ends by the "breaking of the cycle". We did this in Mob of the Dead. This cycle is not one to repeat hundreds of times, but rather a handful, and it could break at any time, in fact, we could've just broken it.

Does the cycle break now? It's up to Maxis. He has the plan.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to post questions and discuss. And before you think of posting "it was just a game that makes no sense", try to explain how a girl in WWII can know about JFK and Stalin. No, actually, don't. But thanks for reading this far, and have at it!

Credits:

Naitrax's alternate-reality note: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=35272

iRurG's original Samantha theory: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=35858

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much my theory with a few differences, like where Samantha is currently.

In origins Samantha is projected through the Aether to contact her father Maxis, however this is long before he has Samantha as you also noted. However here is the difference in what i believe.

This is when Samantha Either 1st gets teleported (the maxis, Samantha fluffy being trapped in a teleported by Richtofen) and we know in Moon, Maxis doesn't teleport straight to the Moon so it also is reasonable that Samantha doesn't go Straight to the Moon, rather gets projected back through time (hence still having in innocence but knowing about 115 while being at Der Riese with her Father and Richtofen)

The other Posibility is when she gets trapped in the Argatha Pyramid and gains control over the zombies. I say this becuase i believe that in Origins, neither Samantha or Richtofen have any control over the undead army.

at the end of Moon we know where Samantha Is, she is on the Moon with the original 4 in Richtofens body

Maxis in present day time does not know this and is why he is searching for Samantha, possibly due to the Original 4 travelling through the Aether to Argatha with Samantha as a way to escape From the Moon.

Richtofen must know Samantha is still alive because he is in control in Argatha and projecting through the Aether.

Buried confirms this.

Over all a solid theory though. Unless we can find a distinctive item or clue that suggests otherwise, this wont hold up to the obvious implications of the end cinematic

As for the cycle the me a while i have some information that gives you even more weight to that part in your theory

Pretty much my theory with a few differences, like where Samantha is currently.

The only part I used was Samantha being Samantha. But I can credit you for that.

In origins Samantha is projected through the Aether to contact her father Maxis, however this is long before he has Samantha as you also noted. However here is the difference in what i believe.

The idea of a projection I think is new. 115 displacing time and space is said in the game, so I think that is more likely.

This is when Samantha Either 1st gets teleported (the maxis, Samantha fluffy being trapped in a teleported by Richtofen) and we know in Moon, Maxis doesn't teleport straight to the Moon so it also is reasonable that Samantha doesn't go Straight to the Moon, rather gets projected back through time (hence still having in innocence but knowing about 115 while being at Der Riese with her Father and Richtofen)

The other Posibility is when she gets trapped in the Argatha Pyramid and gains control over the zombies. I say this becuase i believe that in Origins, neither Samantha or Richtofen have any control over the undead army.

Samantha knows many things which are hard to explain how a little girl would know just from daddy. But if you're talking about Samantha, after having seen the things she's seen as overlord, it is much more likely she'd know about Agartha.

Maxis in present day time does not know this and is why he is searching for Samantha, possibly due to the Original 4 travelling through the Aether to Argatha with Samantha as a way to escape From the Moon.

He knows that she is in Agartha. He specifically says so. But the original four don't go to Origins as this is the "first time they meet". It's the first time they meet in this time, space, and reality.

Richtofen must know Samantha is still alive because he is in control in Argatha and projecting through the Aether.

Buried confirms this.

Richtofen is in control in Aether, not Agartha. Although such a distinction can be quite difficult, seeing as how intertwined the two are. That could be a possible explanation for why the medieval zombies have blue eyes. But it doesn't seem to make solid sense to me how exactly that is supposed to work.

I think the blue-eyed zombies are actually supposed to be purple, like in the intro. They just appear blue in the game due to all of the blue in the atmosphere. The reason they aren't controlled by Samantha is because she isn't in complete control. She's trapped and limited.

Over all a solid theory though. Unless we can find a distinctive item or clue that suggests otherwise, this wont hold up to the obvious implications of the end cinematic

I gave items and clues. In fact, this was based on the end cinematic. You are looking at the implications.

As for the cycle the me a while i have some information that gives you even more weight to that part in your theory

And what is that?

By reading the title of the thread I had no idea where you was going with this but then you made it clear and I have to agree with your theory. WELL DONE!

Lol. It was the best name I could think of. Thank you very much. I appreciate it. I believe that something of this nature is exactly what the cryptic folks at Treyarch intended.

This is brilliant. This is the first theory I've seen where someone hasnt just given up and said "Origins is just a game, but maybe the rest of the maps arent.."

Your point about the cycles is excellent. It makes me wonder whether our Mob of the Dead cycle affected this timeline some how, refers to the same cycle, or was just a device to mentally prepare us to come to the conclusion you have, by showing how similar the maps are, then leading us to realize, it has all been a cycle, this whole time.

This is brilliant. This is the first theory I've seen where someone hasnt just given up and said "Origins is just a game, but maybe the rest of the maps arent.."

Your point about the cycles is excellent. It makes me wonder whether our Mob of the Dead cycle affected this timeline some how, refers to the same cycle, or was just a device to mentally prepare us to come to the conclusion you have, by showing how similar the maps are, then leading us to realize, it has all been a cycle, this whole time.

Thank you very much. I know right? Sad to see how fast people turn their backs. I think Mob of the Dead was a mini-cycle, if you will, within this larger cycle. Because the thing Mob of the Dead was that the cycle went into itself. It had a beginning and end. If it were on the chart above, it would be a knot on the timeline. I think the most important thing about it was to mentally prepare us.

Projection isn't new at all, Maxis in Kino Der Toten built the Aether Projectionist, And using the Difference Engine he is able to not only project and search through the Aether, He is also able to project through different realities Thanks to said Difference engine.

Also its speculation, Maxis "thinks" she is still in the Pyramid due to that is where she is when he gets shot (Radio proves this) And up until Richtofen takes over Samathas place in Moo , she was Still trapped in Argatha.

Maxis doesn't know that she is in Richtofens body, there is no direct contact between Maxis and Samantha, the only qoute Samantha says is "goodbye daddy, i love you" after maxis launches the nukes.

Maxis is trapped inside Element 115 electrical current as is why he can only contact through Electronically devices, he was on one of those nukes to earth, hence why he doesn't know Samantha is now in Richtofens body.

Even if Richtofen was to tell maxis, he would t believe him would he?

I've never heard of Maxis building the Aether Projectionist, or the Difference Engine, or any device meant to search through the Aether. I thought the experiments at Kino der Toten were attempts to brainwash zombies and/or people with projections of certain images and sounds onto a screen. I believe that is where the term "trust barrier" popped up in a radio at some point as well, because it wasnt working.

Also Agartha and the Aether are not the same, for the second time. Maxis knows Samatha is not in the MPD, he has been interacting with Richtofen, especially in Buried. He knows that he is in control, and he seems very desperate to reach Agartha to free his little girl after the N4 empower him in Buried. I'm pretty sure he knows where Samatha is. How though, I'm not 100%.

MMX, I think our Maxis Drone may have a bit more importance than I intially thought.

Being a drone, it is electrical, it's something our Aetherial Maxis can control. In the Aether he can reach through time and space to influence or even completely control the drone. Richtofen's little attempt to preserve his brain didn't actually work, but Maxis from "the future" was able to to still control it, and Richtofen simply assumed that his procedure had worked.

Maybe. Maybe not. :P

Projection isn't new at all, Maxis in Kino Der Toten built the Aether Projectionist, And using the Difference Engine he is able to not only project and search through the Aether, He is also able to project through different realities Thanks to said Difference engine.

I'm with Mega. I've never heard of such things. I know in Kino there is a video projector.

Also its speculation, Maxis "thinks" she is still in the Pyramid due to that is where she is when he gets shot (Radio proves this) And up until Richtofen takes over Samathas place in Moo , she was Still trapped in Argatha.

Maxis says that she can rescue her daughter from Agartha in Buried. Not the MPD. The MPD is not in Agartha, it is on the Moon.

Maxis doesn't know that she is in Richtofens body, there is no direct contact between Maxis and Samantha, the only qoute Samantha says is "goodbye daddy, i love you" after maxis launches the nukes.

Richtofen specifically tells him that she is in his body.

Maxis is trapped inside Element 115 electrical current as is why he can only contact through Electronically devices, he was on one of those nukes to earth, hence why he doesn't know Samantha is now in Richtofens body.

Even if Richtofen was to tell maxis, he would t believe him would he?

Element 115 electrical current? As in a supercharged form of cyberspace? Buried shows that Maxis was in nearly the same position as Richtofen, as they both fight for the same spot at the end of it all.

I've never heard of Maxis building the Aether Projectionist, or the Difference Engine, or any device meant to search through the Aether. I thought the experiments at Kino der Toten were attempts to brainwash zombies and/or people with projections of certain images and sounds onto a screen. I believe that is where the term "trust barrier" popped up in a radio at some point as well, because it wasnt working.

I agree.

Also Agartha and the Aether are not the same, for the second time. Maxis knows Samatha is not in the MPD, he has been interacting with Richtofen, especially in Buried. He knows that he is in control, and he seems very desperate to reach Agartha to free his little girl after the N4 empower him in Buried. I'm pretty sure he knows where Samatha is. How though, I'm not 100%.

How did he know? Well I say from memory!

MMX, I think our Maxis Drone may have a bit more importance than I intially thought.

Being a drone, it is electrical, it's something our Aetherial Maxis can control. In the Aether he can reach through time and space to influence or even completely control the drone. Richtofen's little attempt to preserve his brain didn't actually work, but Maxis from "the future" was able to to still control it, and Richtofen simply assumed that his procedure had worked.

Maybe. Maybe not. :P

It's an interesting thought, but I don't think so. Maxis Drone has a different mindset than Future Maxis. Future Maxis practically goes mad with power, destroying the world to save his daughter. Maxis Drone considers Richtofen a good friend. Therefore, I think the Maxis Drone is Treyarch's way of saying "Everything will be put back to normal when Sam is freed, so why not have him completely change form?" Maxis loses his body but when Sam becomes God she gives it back.

Hm, perhaps you have a point, you'd think he would stop hiding his resentment towards Richtofen at least after they opened the portal to Agartha for him, if he was faking it at all.

Although I do still believe it could be a reason why he retains his memory and can break the cycle this time around. It just seems too coincidental that Maxis has spent all of BO2 (except the finale on Buried) communicating solely through electrical devices, then we have a buildable electric device which Maxis speaks through, yet again.

Hm, perhaps you have a point, you'd think he would stop hiding his resentment towards Richtofen at least after they opened the portal to Agartha for him, if he was faking it at all.

Although I do still believe it could be a reason why he retains his memory and can break the cycle this time around. It just seems too coincidental that Maxis has spent all of BO2 (except the finale on Buried) communicating solely through electrical devices, then we have a buildable electric device which Maxis speaks through, yet again.

There's just too many inconsistencies with that for me though. The idea of the Maxis Drone and Future Maxis being identical still leaves out WWII Maxis. You could say it's almost a running gag that the only time we ever hear Maxis without electronic static is the ending in Buried.

Very well said and thought out but I just can't get behind a simple side game mode having so much tangled into it, I mean even if this was a full game on its own I don't think it would be this complicated lol. Also there's nothing that shows its the 40s 100% so might wanna include "it's most likely" with your statement or prove some extremely solid facts.

Also speaking with the inconsistencies statement, there's a reason most flock to the simple explanation of "it's just a game, with some outside influence here and there" it's because as your thread proves it can be somewhat explained pretty well, but there's still too many inconsistencies and Improbabilities.

Again, extremely well put and thought out but you gotta look at it from Treyarchs perspective to appeal to a large market, because who knows they might want to make their own IP with this one day, and if this shit takes longer to figure out than lost, there's gonna be problems lol, I mean how often has Treyarch came and confirmed any of our theories? What's that? Pretty much never? There's a reason for that, they put in seemingly random EE that people try and find a way it connects in some big grand scheme, but all in all they don't have a real agenda, hence their choice of ending.

To put together a story this extravengent that some of you have come up with, it's just a lot of extra work for some possible extra sales on map packs.

Very well said and thought out but I just can't get behind a simple side game mode having so much tangled into it, I mean even if this was a full game on its own I don't think it would be this complicated lol. Also there's nothing that shows its the 40s 100% so might wanna include "it's most likely" with your statement or prove so extremely solid facts.

You hear air raid sirens, followed by bombing, followed by Maxis saying to get into the basement. Also, there is next to no technology in a little girl's room. I think while you can't say it is 100% the '40's, it is logical. In essence, it's so likely that putting the word likely is redundant.

And Zombies has always been this complicated. With Origins, they've literally cleaned the slate. All it would take would be for Maxis to go "Nah, I'm just gonna be a clerk." and that's the end of it. But they didn't have him say that, leaving open the opportunity for more story to come, more levels. And they can choose to be simplistic then if they want.

Use Bioshock as an example. The story has an incredibly complex beginning (Bioshock Infinite), but a more easily understandable end (Bioshock 2). [i'm talking chronological order btw.]

Fair enough, it could very well be coincidental or a running gag. I suppose the burden of proof is on me then... challenge accepted.

I will be back. Unless I disprove my own theory. Then, I'll just disappear into the mist and hide my shame. :P

The solid facts are:

She refers to WWI as the Great War, which has all but died out because WWII was far worse, so it must be before the conclusion of WWII, yet there are air raid sirens to be heard in the background.

So we must be in a war. The only war that air raid sirens would be heard in before the conclusion of WWII but "long" after WWI, would be WWII itself.

Therefore 39-47 I believe the time range must be. However we know that near the end of WWII is when all of our events take place involving the O4 in WWII, so it must be early 40's.

Unless the Air Raid sirens are for a fictional war, and WWII never happens, but I'd say that that is much less likely and more complicated than saying that they are in Germany during the beginning of WWII.

Your points of air raid sirens (these can exist in any time period such as WWIII or zombie apocalypse) and lack of certain tech is irrelevant, as there's plenty of home decor that reflects all kinds of different lifestyles today, depending on parenting styles.

I completely encourage your theory crafting, you seem pretty good at it lol, and am more than happy to bow down providing some real proof XD just wanted to state my thoughts on it lol

@Charles: There have not been many points in history when people would nonchalantly go into the basement during a WARTIME air raid.

@Zombieofthedead: Thank you. I appreciate it. I just can't see a way to have them be the same people. It solves many things by having them be separate. Or at least, I think so. Like you said, no need to argue it.

@Mega: Great point! At the beginning of World War II they didn't call it World War II yet. They didn't even think that war was going to last long.

I will dig out my research files on the Aether projector and everything with it just as a reference

Richtofen did indeed say to maxis, as i said would be believe Richtofen? Eddy is a liar, something in Verruckt and Der Reise. Der Riese coincidentally is where we 1st learn that Richtofen and Edward/Eddy are one and the same. If anyone remembers?

As for Maxis he does only talk to you through electronically devices from moon onward (where he directly interacts with the player)

Surely i cant be the only one who notices how he talks through microphones, tannoys and other electrical devices? Hell when you make the maxis drone he is speaking directly from that, an electrical drone.