Origins. The Start and the End, or the End and the Start?

Wooodd

Well I'm sure that unless you live under a rock we all know the ending of Origins.

My thoughts are like everyone elses in that Treyarch had overcomplicated the story and had no othrr viable end that would tie up all the loose ends.

My theory is that this map is the end of the storyline for our original 4 but the kids comments as they leave the room about the 'Heros' in their story being real and that Sam's dad had an idea leads me to beloeve that this will be the start of a whole new chapter in Zombies. A darker and more life-like interpritation of a Zombie Apocolypse without all the magic of a childs story (such as perks etc). With regards to the ppl who think that a childs imagination could bot think up the elaberate plot lines we have seen you are probably right. they could be drawing on real life events as it were going on in the news etc or hearing Sams dad working in their IRL.

Prehaps this could even become a stand-alone game. I mean what have the Zomvies team been doing for the past two years? They have had the campaign team stepping in helping out a lot. Maybe they've been working on some kind of secret project???

How would you feel about a darker more life like Zombies experience? I'm mixed on this concept. The perks n PaP are what make Zombies what it is. Would such a fundermental change ruin the premise? Or could they even keep them? As I stated before they could be drawing ideas from their IRL and perks could be a thing. Why else would a juggernogg bottle be a thing? If the kids in the vid made the one they have they did a damn good job.

Anyway this is jus my thoughts. Let me know yours below. Is the above a viable structure to continue the Zombie story? or am i talking shite? Either way i think the O4 are gone forever :( today is a sad day :(

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First i'd like to say how good it is you are taking this in a mature sense. I mean we all have to accept in some way or another that all the stories up until this point has been made up by children (with some outside influences of course)if there wasnt so much paraphanelia in the room showing of past maps/events, then we could say something different but I don't think anyone can deny that some part of them KNOWS THIS WAS ALL A GAME.

Now saying that doesnt mean its over completely; and that they couldn't build up zombies from this, but that we will probably not see any of the 20 playable characters of the first Zombies Trilogy. I believe if they do make another zombies saga that they could just go real world as you said with completely new story and characters with no real magical influence *at least in the beginning*, and as far as the PAP and Perks well these don't necessarily have to be magic, I mean there's machines that augments weapons as of today? perks, well what about adrenaline shots for increased everything lol.

This can go any way whatsoever and ill be happy with any of it personally.

A very sad day indeed I believe a prayer should be song for our brave heroes so sing with me if you know it *FORCE FIELD, FORCE FIELD WE'RE STUCK BEHIND A FORCE FIELD* and I think a more realistic zombies would be good it would be hard to reach high rounds which is why I think it would work because its challenging and I have to admit origins is challenging which is why its so good so yea I personally would like a more life like zombies but not too life like maybe add the PaP, and a few perks like the good old days

First i'd like to say how good it is you are taking this in a mature sense. I mean we all have to accept in some way or another that all the stories up until this point has been made up by children (with some outside influences of course)if there wasnt so much paraphanelia in the room showing of past maps/events, then we could say something different but I don't think anyone can deny that some part of them KNOWS THIS WAS ALL A GAME.

Now saying that doesnt mean its over completely; and that they couldn't build up zombies from this, but that we will probably not see any of the 20 playable characters of the first Zombies Trilogy. I believe if they do make another zombies saga that they could just go real world as you said with completely new story and characters with no real magical influence *at least in the beginning*, and as far as the PAP and Perks well these don't necessarily have to be magic, I mean there's machines that augments weapons as of today? perks, well what about adrenaline shots for increased everything lol.

This can go any way whatsoever and ill be happy with any of it personally.

We have to be mature about this dont we? Treyarch new how everyone would react to this they have to have. I would be suprised at all if this ending it just to throw us and hit us in 2 years time with a massive curve ball.

I love Treyarch for all thos curve balls. They throw so many they must hit themselves in the back of the head with em. :mrgreen:

I dont think it's very mature to be implying that those of us who do not share your belief in this not having all been a childs game are immature.

Yes it was a game to Samantha, that was how I believe she saw her control, to her this whole thing this whole time is just like playing with dolls. She doesn't see the difference. That's how I took the ending. The twist for me was her dad stating that he had a plan.

However, I do have to join in on the applause for Treyarch managing to throw us completely off at the very last minute again. Bravo.

I dont think it's very mature to be implying that those of us who do not share your belief in this not having all been a childs game are immature.

Yes it was a game to Samantha, that was how I believe she saw her control, to her this whole thing this whole time is just like playing with dolls. She doesn't see the difference. That's how I took the ending. The twist for me was her dad stating that he had a plan.

However, I do have to join in on the applause for Treyarch managing to throw us completely off at the very last minute again. Bravo.

apologies that was not my intention. it was more with reference to the ppl that have had nothing to say but "this is BS" or "weve been screwed" and throwing there teddy out the pram because they didnt like what they say

q without thinking about all the possible implications.

And yes BRavo Treyarch :D

eddie says that he never got his turn. maby all the maps this far has been sams imagination( even the maps that richfofen is in control could be sams imagination). maby the future of zombies will be eddies imagination. the pap and perks and power ups could just be there cuz thats how sam wanted to play. eddies says that shes doing it wrong and girls dont no enuf about zombies. when eddie gets his turn there might be a differant concept to the perks, pap, and power ups.his idea on how this "game" should be played will prob be more realistic. cuz he thinks boys no more about zombies

apologies that was not my intention. it was more with reference to the ppl that have had nothing to say but "this is BS" or "weve been screwed" and throwing there teddy out the pram because they didnt like what they say

q without thinking about all the possible implications.

And yes BRavo Treyarch :D

Ya mega that's what I was referring to when I told him I thought he was being mature about this, not spewing bigoted ideas and being open to all sides; sadly though I have noticed that it's the "this could have been real" crowd being the majority thats being immature about it, and I can see why as they are hurt and its inevtiably gonna happen.

eddie says that he never got his turn. maby all the maps this far has been sams imagination( even the maps that richfofen is in control could be sams imagination). maby the future of zombies will be eddies imagination. the pap and perks and power ups could just be there cuz thats how sam wanted to play. eddies says that shes doing it wrong and girls dont no enuf about zombies. when eddie gets his turn there might be a differant concept to the perks, pap, and power ups.his idea on how this "game" should be played will prob be more realistic. cuz he thinks boys no more about zombies

The bed post leg where the N4 characters are, show tally marks of an ongoing game Eddie and Sam have been playing, this heavily implies that Richtofen has most definitely gotten his turn, 10 turns in fact.

The bed post leg where the N4 characters are, show tally marks of an ongoing game Eddie and Sam have been playing,, this heavily implies that Richtofen has most definitely gotten his turn, 10 turns in fact.

Ive only spotted the N3 as it were on the cutscene. Anyone spotted Misty yet?

Plus the tallies on the bed leg could have been the round they got to. Eddie aint very good is he, lol :D That being said Origins is hard work and round 10 aint too bad.

The bed post leg where the N4 characters are, show tally marks of an ongoing game Eddie and Sam have been playing,, this heavily implies that Richtofen has most definitely gotten his turn, 10 turns in fact.

Ive only spotted the N3 as it were on the cutscene. Anyone spotted Misty yet?

Plus the tallies on the bed leg could have been the round they got to. Eddie aint very good is he, lol :D That being said Origins is hard work and round 10 aint too bad.

Ya I noticed misty isn't around and Dempsey (although we assume he's our PoV) funny though since those two were always said at one point to have a connection, but I'm sure that's me reaching honestly. I never thought about the tally marks representing rounds and you're the first person I have seen that has lol, very true, but we may never know :(

To be honest I don't think this is the end of Zombies, I think the cutscene is meant to be interperated in a different way and not be a literal cause, or I personally believe Origins is Samantha's imagination, while the rest of the maps were real, I think Samantha's quote at the end hints towards the Zombies storyline as we know it on the track to happening.

As for Origins, it's my personal belief it was a "We love you Fans, enjoy this special map" Type of deal. a one shot fan favorite map.

I could be wrong and the entire thing could be a lie like the Cake, but this is how I feel.

To be honest I don't think this is the end of Zombies, I think the cutscene is meant to be interperated in a different way and not be a literal cause, or I personally believe Origins is Samantha's imagination, while the rest of the maps were real, I think Samantha's quote at the end hints towards the Zombies storyline as we know it on the track to happening.

As for Origins, it's my personal belief it was a "We love you Fans, enjoy this special map" Type of deal. a one shot fan favorite map.

I could be wrong and the entire thing could be a lie like the Cake, but this is how I feel.

Definitely possible