Hey Treyarch... Wheres my check lol

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no proof that Treyarch took that idea from you... They could've taken it from some other dude who came up with the same idea :lol:

I posted that on the official call of duty zombie forums back in 2011....

In all honesty i was joking though lol, what i did find interesting is how many people were against the idea back then, yet now grief is a great game mode lol, i even put up a petition just after that thread and only got a few people to sign it.

The world wasnt ready for grief at that time lol

So glad Treyarch finally put it in though

Well it's well known that Treyarch to this community and many elements of ideas have been incorporated into the game.

Don't ask me to list them, but I believe someone wanted a BoomBox weapon(aka Subsurface Resonater), I think Electric Jesus said something about Staffs a while back. A few people wanted the jet gun to not break and let you fly(aka Paralyzer) and me and EJ said something on the WunderWeapon thread about wanting a gun to go through the zombies, and here we have the Ray Gun Mark 2.

I truly believe that Treyarch is very good at listening to its players.

Well it's well known that Treyarch to this community and many elements of ideas have been incorporated into the game.

Don't ask me to list them, but I believe someone wanted a BoomBox weapon(aka Subsurface Resonater), I think Electric Jesus said something about Staffs a while back. A few people wanted the jet gun to not break and let you fly(aka Paralyzer) and me and EJ said something on the WunderWeapon thread about wanting a gun to go through the zombies, and here we have the Ray Gun Mark 2.

I truly believe that Treyarch is very good at listening to its players.

Just wanted to say it was me with the staffs. I hypothesized a playable vril staff. Instead we get a mechanized replica. :P

They may have incorporated one of my suggestions aswell. Before black ops 2 came out, on the official COD forums I made a thread full of suggestions.

One of which was about a Mech-Suit zombie boss. Although the ones in Origins are slightly different compared to Mech Zombie in my description, I like to think that I made a change.

http://community.callofduty.com/message ... #205695890

It is idea number 7 on my list.

I really think Treyarch does listen to the community. IRurG money would be nice :lol: , but it is still pretty cool to think that you may have had an impact on a game's development.

I'd chalk it up as a win. Just make sure you ask for the check upfront next time :lol:

May as well have my turn :lol:

Right after Moon I made thread for my thoughts of what's gonna happen after it.

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=16232

In one of the posts, I write this.

I like the idea of Maxis and Richtofen fighting each other. They could even make it better if them fighting (during a map) affected the game, so certain things would occur because of it. For the EE, they could even make it a choose your ending thing. Help Richtofen, or Help Maxis. Both would have different consequences and endings I suppose.

Of course I don't claim to have created the EE basis, but I just think it is a funny coincidence. :D

On an old forum, I had a TON of ideas they took from me. Especially NTZ. The only difference was in my plan, I wanted two teams of two to start in the backyard of each house, like Vorukkt in a sense. But when I came here, I had already begun to take on the horrible case of Writer's Block that I still have today.

The funniest part of them using my ideas is that some of the staff followed me on Twitter like right after they announced NTZ :lol:

Also, I had some plans for a Staff WW, and Tombstone. I could compile a list of my old ideas that came in the game, but that'd be douche-ish.

Things of mine they've used...

Ghost that steals points and gives a free perk

Random perk box (probably not my exclusive idea)

Laser pistol which can "slice through entire trains"

A boss that turns off the power (Origins Templars, sorta.)

Revisiting the jet gun concept (no ammo / cooldown, but more powerful)

And a few bits and pieces here and there.

I'd like to say that none of these, nor any of the others on this thread are necessarily out exclusive ideas. Even if treyarch used an idea that someone here made up I doubt treyarch took it from them. Chances are someone else has said it before, and treyarch would never use just one source. For example the idea of a 935 base on the moon came from this site. Sure it was one individual's idea but he wasn't the only contributor to the idea. Treyarch take suggestions from the community and gather inspiration from popular ideas, but would never just rip an idea off of a web page and slap it into their game.

Treyarch got accused of stealing the idea of giant robots in WWI. The guy who accused them if stealing his idea was really passionate in his argument, but he failed to realize that "robots + WWI" is hardly an original idea, and in no way was he the first one to use that idea.

Point is, we are the community and by sharing our ideas we are inviting each other to admire them. Treyarch gives back to the community by making their dreams a reality. What more could you ask for?

I put up a thread about a possible MMORPG for Zombies.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=28721

As it has yet come to be realized...I did have the foresight to include my own disclaimer at the end. I didn't want money if the idea happened, but I did ask for a free copy and an exclusive god-mode ability, just for me. 8-)

I'd much rather have the ability to own everyone in game by a leg up from the developers than a check. ;)

I've begged for tactical insertions, so we don't have to have the host go to where I want to spawn in at :)

And I cried for us to be able to drag crawlers with us so they don't die out when I'm taking a mid game break, then we got The Big Guy. Of course, I doubt they added because of me but I definitely was happy to see my idea altered and put in the game ;)