The funny thing about this EE ending

Charles871987

What I think has been the most humorous thing about the ending is that it manages to split the community into 3 opinions, those of us that believe that it was all just a game and it's over, those of us that are desperately trying to hold on to the original story and make it "real" or regard it as a filler alternate reality map until BO:3, and finally those of us that believe the story we know was fake but believe that a zombie apocalypse game/storyline will be built from this.

What I have seen from comments today is that on top of all this, it manages to get even the people that agree on one point are still in some disagreement over the details in reaching those conclusions lol, it truly has been a mindfuck Treyarch, would love some clarification :D

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is true, although I wouldnt say "desperately" clinging to making it "real", as we have seen stranger things than omnipotent little girls not wanting to be god, but rather to be a little girl once again. My view is, that's how she sees her control in her mind. It's just playing with dolls, she's back in her comfort zone before all this ever started. Even though she really isn't.

But yes, this really has split the community terribly, and unless there is some info still to be found in the map, I feel like it will be an awkward and rough 2 years, if Treyarch doesnt say anything at all about this ending.

that is true, although I wouldnt say "desperately" clinging to making it "real", as we have seen stranger things than omnipotent little girls not wanting to be god, but rather to be a little girl once again. My view is, that's how she sees her control in her mind. It's just playing with dolls, she's back in her comfort zone before all this ever started. Even though she really isn't.

But yes, this really has split the community terribly, and unless there is some info still to be found in the map, I feel like it will be an awkward and rough 2 years, if Treyarch doesnt say anything at all about this ending.

Extremely well said.

It is my opinion that if you want to say "BLEEP this, man! It doesn't even matter!" then you obviously care not for the story that much.

I mean, if you want to do the "it's just a game" cop-out, then just TRY explaining the last few lines of the ending. You can't. Treyarch INTENDED for you to go "What?! It's just a game!" but THEN to go "Woah. A plan? Wait a minute. This ISN'T just a game!" Kinda like the Inception movie. It was absolutely brilliant. But some people are stubborn or got too mad at the first part to get to the second part.

It also didn't help that someone leaked the ending so many people saw it without the context surrounding how we had gotten there.

It is my opinion that if you want to say "BLEEP this, man! It doesn't even matter!" then you obviously care not for the story that much.

I mean, if you want to do the "it's just a game" cop-out, then just TRY explaining the last few lines of the ending. You can't. Treyarch INTENDED for you to go "What?! It's just a game!" but THEN to go "Woah. A plan? Wait a minute. This ISN'T just a game!" Kinda like the Inception movie. It was absolutely brilliant. But some people are stubborn or got too mad at the first part to get to the second part.

It also didn't help that someone leaked the ending so many people saw it without the context surrounding how we had gotten there.

Lol again ALL IRRELEVANT, just because someone takes the face value that its a game and over doesn't mean they don't care for the storyline? Where do you get that Biased statement from? I loved Losts ending, I loved Star ocean 3 ending, INCEPTION, I loved all kinds of endings that ended with the creators saying "it was never real or maybe it was" The problem I'm having here sounds like some people that so desperately need it to be true cant seperate fantasy from reality and use this as a way to validate their own reality if a FANTASY setting is proved to be "fake". It's about the journey??? It's not about if something's real or not.

The whole games storyline was fake to begin with, the creators saying it was fake in this "reality" isn't going to make it different, at all. The idea and emotion you draw from it is what mattered, again it was fake to begin with... Besides with these types of endings its your choice to believe if it was real or not so there's nothing wrong with either view, so stop assuming people that choose a certain view is incorrect and judging their personal care for something without knowing who they are as a person in a bigoted manner.

The last lines of the cutscene can be INTERPRETED IN ANY WAY, for all you know they were talking about a way to leave the country and get away from a civil war, your way isn't the right way. As I said any view is right in this instance, don't shove your views down people's throats as truths without doubt.

Edit: I'd like to note that I'm not referencing you in particular, just those that feel so strongly about this and disregard everything else.

Lol again ALL IRRELEVANT, just because someone takes the face value that its a game and over doesn't mean they don't care for the storyline? Where do you get that Biased statement from? I loved Losts ending, I loved Star ocean 3 ending, I loved all kinds of endings that ended with the creators saying "it was never real" sounds to me that people that so desperately need it to be true cant seperate fantasy from reality and use this as a way to validate their own reality if a FANTASY setting is proved to be "fake". It's about the journey??? It's not about if something's real or not.

The whole games storyline was fake to begin with, the creators saying it was fake in this "reality" isn't going to make it different, at all. The idea and emotion you draw from it is what mattered, again it was fake to begin with... Besides with these types of endings its your choice to believe if it was real or not so there's nothing wrong with either view.

Well said. It's all a made up story anyway, whether it's Treyarch's story or if it's Sam's story.

The whole thing is a LOT more clever if it's Sam's though. Treyarch is pretty genius, that's what I have to say. They took us on a huge story that we completely dissected and over-thought, and it all turns out to be just a child's playtime game lol. They're trying to remind us of how imaginative we could be when we were younger, and that you are never too old to 'believe in' magic.

Lol again ALL IRRELEVANT, just because someone takes the face value that its a game and over doesn't mean they don't care for the storyline? Where do you get that Biased statement from? I loved Losts ending, I loved Star ocean 3 ending, I loved all kinds of endings that ended with the creators saying "it was never real" sounds to me that people that so desperately need it to be true cant seperate fantasy from reality and use this as a way to validate their own reality if a FANTASY setting is proved to be "fake". It's about the journey??? It's not about if something's real or not.

The whole games storyline was fake to begin with, the creators saying it was fake in this "reality" isn't going to make it different, at all. The idea and emotion you draw from it is what mattered, again it was fake to begin with... Besides with these types of endings its your choice to believe if it was real or not so there's nothing wrong with either view.

Well said. It's all a made up story anyway, whether it's Treyarch's story or if it's Sam's story.

The whole thing is a LOT more clever if it's Sam's though. Treyarch is pretty genius, that's what I have to say. They took us on a huge story that we completely dissected and over-thought, and it all turns out to be just a child's playtime game lol. They're trying to remind us of how imaginative we could be when we were younger, and that you are never too old to 'believe in' magic.

Exactly lol, I mean my 2 year old will sit here and talk to me forever and it's mostly gibberish to me and the wife but with her body language and emotion she puts into every "word" she says, it's believable that she's explaining to me the truths to fucking string theory lol, there's so much that goes on in children's minds that you can't fathom what they're thinking. Sams story might have been fairly simple by nature with some outside sources like the celebrities and Five, but because we were "in her mind" her imagination took hold and became its own entity, giving us all that we know.

• Tech Admin

I feel like it will be an awkward and rough 2 years, if Treyarch doesnt say anything at all about this ending.

Black Ops 2 was released last November, we only have 14 months or so (if we are to have another COD installment from Treyarch). I'm sure we will get some type of inclination in due course if it will involve Zombies, not only that but Xbox One & PS4 will be available so the possibilities on the "next" Zombies are huge.

I feel like it will be an awkward and rough 2 years, if Treyarch doesnt say anything at all about this ending.

Black Ops 2 was released last November, we only have 14 months or so (if we are to have another COD installment from Treyarch). I'm sure we will get some type of inclination in due course if it will involve Zombies, not only that but Xbox One & PS4 will be available so the possibilities on the "next" Zombies are huge.

Ya if they are gonna go out with a bang with zombies, it needs to be Next gen, since the memory and all that help the features better are much higher.

Ya if they are gonna go out with a bang with zombies, it needs to be Next gen, since the memory and all that help the features better are much higher.

If it comes out on next gen only I think I might loose my mind because I can't afford a new console.. yet.. :roll:

mean, if you want to do the "it's just a game" cop-out, then just TRY explaining the last few lines of the ending. You can't. Treyarch INTENDED for you to go "What?! It's just a game!" but THEN to go "Woah. A plan? Wait a minute. This ISN'T just a game!" Kinda like the Inception movie. It was absolutely brilliant. But some people are stubborn or got too mad at the first part to get to the second part.

inception 1 of the best films made! propa messes with your head at the end enit lol u kinda like :/ he still dreaming? lol

thats exactly what they have done here!! "huh its all just a game?"

some people hating on treyach for this but its actuaky kind of genius, they got all there fan base talkin over & over about this lol & have left it open to do what ever they like with it :)

Yea treyarch pull your finger out your but and tell us what's going on we are only human after all we can't work out everything for ourselves

I'm sure there are many people who would love for Treyarch to come out and tell us what they are thinking or give us indicators about what certain things mean...but i'm not one of them... and here's why.

If Treyarch's team that has been working on zombies for years now just decided to throw away the mystery and tell us the solid facts about how and why things happen in the storyline, what's the point of even having a community like CoDZ?

The fact that they are so silent, secretive, yet creative in their storytelling is what makes this community and fanbase unique from any other. It keeps us fighting, collaborating, seeking and finding, teaching and learning.

The simple fact that Treyarch still hasn't spoken a single truth about the Zombies storyline outside of the game is what makes me so sure that this isn't the end.

The game speaks for Treyarch, we speak for the story.

inception 1 of the best films made! propa messes with your head at the end enit lol u kinda like :/ he still dreaming? lol

thats exactly what they have done here!! "huh its all just a game?"

some people hating on treyach for this but its actuaky kind of genius, they got all there fan base talkin over & over about this lol & have left it open to do what ever they like with it :)

I agree that Inception was brilliant, and as I've said more than a day before people even posted their opinions of the "official" reveal of the ending, is that I thought it was genius, my problem with MMX as MANY others have agreed is that he's extremely stubborn and thinks everyone should accept his theory and that's the end of it.

Not once, not twice but three times I applauded the work on his theory and said it's very plausible but I gave my own thoughts about it and he just shrugged it off while saying I'm devoid of faith in treyarch. Like the quote you pulled from him also included him saying that ANYONE that agreed to just take that this was all a game are people that are again devoid of faith and basically not worth his time and don't care about the story at all, like he knows how people feel or something.

As I replied and let him know quite right, he cannot tell me I don't care about something just because I feel it might be a game or not really "real", I love all kinds of work that involve twists such as this one or even endings that are absolute "fake". Also what's wrong with accepting that it could be just a game? This was all fake to begin with by being a fiction story. Sorry I didn't mean to rant but you quoting that and seemingly missing his underlying message, I just had to say something.

I'm done with it as of now, don't want to start a flame war with the guy and this will be my last thought on the matter, just tired of people seeing the guy as a theory God or something. He's definitely good but he lost my respect by denouncing everything I and others have said as some form of heresy lol.

Edit: For the record to clear up any possible confusion, it may seem I only condone the whole "It was all just a game", but I in fact fully support the idea that this can all be explained and tied into the future story if there is one. I simply believe in exploring all avenues of possibilities and fully EMBRACE if this is the end of it and can enjoy it all for what it's worth.

I'm sure there are many people who would love for Treyarch to come out and tell us what they are thinking or give us indicators about what certain things mean...but i'm not one of them... and here's why.

If Treyarch's team that has been working on zombies for years now just decided to throw away the mystery and tell us the solid facts about how and why things happen in the storyline, what's the point of even having a community like CoDZ?

The fact that they are so silent, secretive, yet creative in their storytelling is what makes this community and fanbase unique from any other. It keeps us fighting, collaborating, seeking and finding, teaching and learning.

The simple fact that Treyarch still hasn't spoken a single truth about the Zombies storyline outside of the game is what makes me so sure that this isn't the end.

The game speaks for Treyarch, we speak for the story.

VERY well said, completely agree with every point.

• 5 weeks later...

i found this funny as well,but i do think that it was not a game,but a cycle. a cycle we broke at the end. just me though.

i think this spilt in zombies history should be called the great schism,for the fact it splitted us cod zombie fans into three camps. and no,i did not get the idea for the name from halo. i got it from history. :geek:

Seemed more like everyone just got tired of this.

You call MMX stubborn, but at least he has a reason to be. He can back up all his knowledge.

How so? Because he believes it is not a children's game? That means nothing.

The only thing that can be taken from the quotes at the end of the sequence is that it WAS just a game, but that they are using their games to escape the reality of what is happening it in their world.

Eddie : I wish the heroes in our stories were real Sam.

Samantha : I know what you mean... but we will make everything ok. My dad say's he has a plan.

Note how Eddies says STORIES. Not story. Also, all this suggests is that there is something going on in their real world. Yes, it is more than likely a zombie infestation, but that does not mean that the maps we know and love are real. They were the children's way of escaping the reality they are a part of.

We will not know for sure until the next game drops, but my guess is that up until this point, everything HAS been a game, and the next games "real" story will be based in the world that Samantha and Eddie occupy.

Saying such things disregards literally everything. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The "it is just a game" mentality is actually the lack of evidence, as it literally throws anything that can be considered evidence out the window. That mentality fails to even explain the one thing it considers canon, the ending cutscene. He has a plan? How do you explain that? The majority answers with "I don't know" or "I don't care". Quite frankly, anyone and everyone have always had the choice to not know or not care. This ending is no exception.

Throughout the Zombies storyline, there have been dozens and dozens of references to time loops. Samantha uses the word "loop" several times in Origins. There is evidence to say that everything is real, and if the best counterargument is "your evidence doesn't count"... then I don't see intellectual discussion forthcoming. If the argument is "It is obvious it is just a game", I can honestly and confidently argue back that it is obviously not.

Nein! There must be a way to break the cycle!

There's got to be a way to break the cycle!"

The paradox must be resolved!

The loop must be closed.

Do you even realize how many times you've done this?

I have the ability to shape the world as I wish.

Seemed more like everyone just got tired of this.

You call MMX stubborn, but at least he has a reason to be. He can back up all his knowledge.

How so? Because he believes it is not a children's game? That means nothing.

The only thing that can be taken from the quotes at the end of the sequence is that it WAS just a game, but that they are using their games to escape the reality of what is happening it in their world.

Eddie : I wish the heroes in our stories were real Sam.

Samantha : I know what you mean... but we will make everything ok. My dad say's he has a plan.

Note how Eddies says STORIES. Not story. Also, all this suggests is that there is something going on in their real world. Yes, it is more than likely a zombie infestation, but that does not mean that the maps we know and love are real. They were the children's way of escaping the reality they are a part of.

We will not know for sure until the next game drops, but my guess is that up until this point, everything HAS been a game, and the next games "real" story will be based in the world that Samantha and Eddie occupy.

I wasn't simply referring to the idea of Origins being fake or real, rather MMX's whole opinion of the story. My fault, should have made that clear.

I do ponder though, why would children try to escape their reality by including the horrifying things from their reality, instead of thinking of the nicest thing ever, rainbows and candy if you will.