The Continuation of Zombies

FatedTitan

I will ask this if i may... When has ANYTHING been as simple as face value in the nazi zombie story? Im not talking people who only played black ops 1 and 2 zombies either, i mean EVERYTHING

From the numbers being spoken out loud in verruckts power room that people say is the Show "LOST" numbers that aren't actually the same numbers despite what people may believe, to the Shi No Numa is the first time we meet the original 4 and they just teleport in out of thin air, then manage to go from Japan to Central Germany.

Nothing has every been that simple and Treyarch take real world events and mold them around nazi zombie story lines, there is no way anyone could honestly tell me that Treyarch have out that video there just to GIVE US THE ANSWERS

Saying its all just fun and games (even if going by my idea that they are in Argatha and manipulating events through that, Treyarch STILL wouldn't just give it up like that, It goes against everything they have done thus far and i refuse to accept that they would do something so bad to the zombie community

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FatedTitan I just want to take this time to thank you for your maturity in your replies and apologize I'm not editing my replies to people's posts pertaining to a specific point in order to get these quotes smaller, I'm doing this from my iPhone and its a bitch as it is to just type these long ass winded posts lmao.

I can see everyone's side *Mostly* XD but we are all just going to have to agree to disagree, I mean hell treyarch has got our theorie juice pumping and even the people that are agreeing such as Eternal and I can even say we don't agree WITH EVERY POINT we are making, so ya treyarch needs to make this statement and clarify some things, honestly the story was already extremely hard to comprehend before this lol.

I will say this though and please anyone that disagrees with me I apologize but I gotta say it, both Eternal and I have stated it; The theory "It was all a game" (we are saying that a zombie game apocalypse could still happen, but all the events thusfar have not occurred) is more plausible than the theories that "This can all still be real" going around .

So you see the first theory, promotes that this could be real, just not the events occurred so far (possibly caddymans immortalizing toy company doll game based off some events yes) but for the most part has been just a game. While the other theory only promotes one way *Find an excuse that all this happened, string theory, time revelation and mind wiping ideas GALORE, be damned*

Sorry but no, there's posters on the wall in the cutscene that depict the same color and font used for CotD, Signaling the acknowledgment of these maps, and a few other posters with the rest. There's no telling What year this particular scene takes place in, but if I had to guess it would be post 2025 seeing as how their latest game is taking place in that year, so ya see the "everything was a game" is more plausible than the ones that are trying to give meaning to how "this all could still be real" theories,

If it's post 2025, then why the hell are they still using gramophones? Samantha has one in her room, right next to the window and teddy bear.

That is irrelevant, it's like saying I can't have an old record player in my room because its not with the times, just because time moves on doesnt mean the person has to have current time possessions.

@IRurg, I DEFINITELY SEE YOUR POINT HERE, but if I may... Treyarch has already made this games story way too complicated compared to even lost in my opinion, We neared the end of Bo2 with even more questions than an end of a season of lost lol, *love the shows ending btw* but to me there was too many little EE and its all in a disarray and members of the community are always frantically trying to connect it to real world things and treyarch never confirms any of it, whereas lost, these things are slowly confirmed to be fact, but in 5 years what has treyarch confirmed? To me this was only ever meant to be tons of little EE with a small underlying story with a plot twist for good measure.

Sorry but no, there's posters on the wall in the cutscene that depict the same color and font used for CotD, Signaling the acknowledgment of these maps, and a few other posters with the rest. There's no telling What year this particular scene takes place in, but if I had to guess it would be post 2025 seeing as how their latest game is taking place in that year, so ya see the "everything was a game" is more plausible than the ones that are trying to give meaning to how "this all could still be real" theories,

If it's post 2025, then why the hell are they still using gramophones? Samantha has one in her room, right next to the window and teddy bear.

That is irrelevant, it's like saying I can't have an old record player in my room because its not with the times, just because time moves on doesnt mean the person has to have current time possession.

@IRurg, I DEFINITELY SEE YOUR POINT HERE, but if I may... Treyarch has already made this games story way too complicated compared to even lost in my opinion, We neared the end of Bo2 with even more questions than an end of a season of lost lol, *love the shows ending btw* but to me there was too many little EE and its all in a disarray and members of the community are always frantically trying to connect it to real world things and treyarch never confirms any of it, whereas lost, these things are slowly confirmed to be fact, but in 5 years what has treyarch confirmed? To me this was only ever meant to be tons of little EE with a small underlying story with a plot twist for good measure.

If it was just one item, it wouldn't be a problem. But then there's also the old radio. And the MP40 wall chalk. Why the MP40, and not a gun from 2025? The scenery is more likely to take place within WW2 than post 2025.

@Rdjokr

Again irrelevant, who's to say that the child wasnt theming their room after a certain time period (this room holding paraphernalia of 2013 with CotD poster and robots? I don't believe these type of toys were around in the 40s, not to that detail) to go along with their game sessions? I know when I was a certain age it was Power ranger themes, a Few years later, girls girls girls lol, the decor of the room does not hold the answer to the time period, what does however is the knowledge of celebrities, and certain world events.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to hold on hoping Treyarch is going to continue the story, im not giving my theories hoping that it will somehow keep zombies alive for the next game either, if its the end then its the end.

I also agree with you a out the Easter Eggs. I've never had more fun in zombies than in W@W, and i can honestly say some of my best theories came from W@W zombie maps that proved to be real.

We only needed small Easter eggs, and we dug and dug and dug up so many different scenarios and we were HAPPY!

None of this rubbish now with youtube fanboys all trying to out do each other, having youtubers stealing other people's ideas and posting them on youtube claiming them as their own finds. We truly helped each other either directly or through often fierce debates (im talking to you CC lol) and ive met some great friends who share my love for zombies, some of them right here from the early days like Tac and Nayarc.

Zombies has lost that core community spirit and it is now a former shell of itself. Because of the over extravagant Easter eggs the story itself has become second place to achievements and THAT is what will kill Zombies.

I have said it before and il say it again, i miss the old days where WE the community shaped its future.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to hold on hoping Treyarch is going to continue the story, im not giving my theories hoping that it will somehow keep zombies alive for the next game either, if its the end then its the end.

I also agree with you a out the Easter Eggs. I've never had more fun in zombies than in W@W, and i can honestly say some of my best theories came from W@W zombie maps that proved to be real.

We only needed small Easter eggs, and we dug and dug and dug up so many different scenarios and we were HAPPY!

None of this rubbish now with youtube fanboys all trying to out do each other, having youtubers stealing other people's ideas and posting them on youtube claiming them as their own finds. We truly helped each other either directly or through often fierce debates (im talking to you CC lol) and ive met some great friends who share my love for zombies, some of them right here from the early days like Tac and Nayarc.

Zombies has lost that core community spirit and it is now a former shell of itself. Because of the over extravagant Easter eggs the story itself has become second place to achievements and THAT is what will kill Zombies.

I have said it before and il say it again, i miss the old days where WE the community shaped its future.

Rightly said :)

"But I didn't even get my turn."

This is a HUGELY important quote. Why? Because Eddie never got a turn! Richtofen has been in control in many maps, but Eddie is saying he never got a turn to be in control. This means that it doesn't align with them making up those maps. Eddie was never in control.

First off, EXCELLENT write up, I agree with 99% of it. This is the only part I really don't agree with. Just because Eddie said "But I didn't even get my turn." doesn't mean he NEVER had a turn, just that he didn't that night. This is merely one interpretation of the "ending" cut-scene, I'm a firm believer that while the map was made up, the ending cut-scene was our real "origins" story.

When has ANYTHING been as simple as face value in the nazi zombie story? Im not talking people who only played black ops 1 and 2 zombies either, i mean EVERYTHING

Well, this is where we're going to draw a line.

We have 2 theories that are both equally plausible.

1) It was all a make-believe game.

2) It was all real, but has become an alternate reality created within some other dimension (Agartha/Aether/MDT).

1 is nice and neat (can be seen as a cop-out from Treyarch) and wraps it up so the slate is clean and Treyarch can start over.

2 requires some major thought and we'd still have some holes to jump over for it all to make sense, but ultimately ends our story because we see the resolution: Sam, Richtofen, and Maxis are all just exisiting in their shared imagined reality.

Put yourself in Treyarch's shoes...Which would you choose?

1 means you get carte blanche to keep something going with zombies, whether you're aligned with CoD titles or not. You can potentially make more money and build a cult classic among gamers, not to mention add in lots of cool features to the games themselves.

2 means it's over. Still a bit of cult following that will deduce your game and still enjoy it for years, but it's not making you much more money. You can start a new project, though.

Could go either way. I lean towards option 1, but I am an optimist.

If it was going to be left to Die, Moon would of been the obvious choice and the perfect ending, the earth is blown up, GG Maxis you win.

Not come out with the overly drivel worthy new characters from out of no where wanting to mend a "RIFT" THEN end it by showing you the Begining of it all....WTF is that???? What happened to Buried?? This isn't some Uwe Boll piece of rubbish, although Call of the Dead could come close lol

This is Treyarchs Zombies, The most indepth cryptic game this generation .

I don't buy it for a second

And if by some sad chance its true, Treyarch needs to Quit Life as they have ruin the one thing that made them better than infinity ward

"But I didn't even get my turn."

This is a HUGELY important quote. Why? Because Eddie never got a turn! Richtofen has been in control in many maps, but Eddie is saying he never got a turn to be in control. This means that it doesn't align with them making up those maps. Eddie was never in control.

If this is called Origins because it is the start of the Zombies, then this is the first turn, This is the first time Samantha ever plays with the zombies with Eddy. so she should be new to this, also since this is the first time and she says tomorrow is his turn, tomorrow could be the BO2 Maps, since the eyes are blue. So Eddy took his turn after all.

So your theory is incorrect to me, because he will get his turn, this is the BEGINNING, this didn't happen after all these events.

So when you said Eddie was never in control, it is true because Tomorrow (BO2) is his turn.

But there are some unexplained things, if Tomorrow was BO2, then what about WAW and BO1? who was in control? Samantha, but she promised that his turn was tomorrow.

Also when the eyes are blue, there was always Rich and Max side, so if Sam controls when the eyes are yellow and we hear her talking, how come we hear Max? is he playing too?

All I can guess is:

"I wish the heroes in our story were true" (or something like that).

"My dad has a plan".

The plan is to make the Zombies true.

But this won't really help since Richtofen is older than samantha by many years in the game, so it must be a fantasy and not a reality.

Now back to what I said about the unexplained things, maybe Samantha failed her promise, and he didn't get a turn, Samantha kept on playing, so Eddy got mad and forced her to give him the turn (When Rich changes bodies with Sam).

It may all be a kids game, and that's what I want to believe.

Edit:

I just saw the N4 under the bed in the cutscene, so that may mean, that when Eddy plays, he uses the N4, and the guy that can only listen to Richtofen is Eddy's favorite.

And by I never got my turn, he may be referring to his turn playing as the O4, because he's sick of the N4.

@Rdjokr

Again irrelevant, who's to say that the child wasnt theming their room after a certain time period (this room holding paraphernalia of 2013 with CotD poster and robots? I don't believe these type of toys were around in the 40s, not to that detail) to go along with their game sessions? I know when I was a certain age it was Power ranger themes, a Few years later, girls girls girls lol, the decor of the room does not hold the answer to the time period, what does however is the knowledge of celebrities, and certain world events.

OK, maybe the room theme can't be used in this argument.

But then again, we can't really argue about toys like that not existing in the 40s right? Not when they have 1,000-foot giant robots and quadrotors controlled by a human brain. Assuming that Origins did happen, then technology is more advanced in Zombies universe than you think. Toys like these could come earlier than you think.

But now I wanna ask: where is this CotD poster you're talking about? Because the clearest poster I can see in the cutscene is the green one, and that is from Mob of the Dead.

@Rdjokr

OK, maybe the room theme can't be used in this argument.

But then again, we can't really argue about toys like that not existing in the 40s right? Not when they have 1,000-foot giant robots and quadrotors controlled by a human brain. Assuming that Origins did happen, then technology is more advanced in Zombies universe than you think. Toys like these could come earlier than you think.

But now I wanna ask: where is this CotD poster you're talking about? Because the clearest poster I can see in the cutscene is the green one, and that is from Mob of the Dead.

At a closer look, I do realize that it doesn't seem to be similar in color scheme with the Green as CotD but nowhere on the poster am I picking up a MotD vibe, google MotD images and then CotD, the font and color resembles CotD more than MotD and also the CIA agent dude on there would be a call back to CotD as well more because of the EE step to get the Golden Rod, so I deduce that it's CotD. Who knows it may not have anything to do with CotD, but can't deny there's no throwbacks to MotD at all. Also if you notice the seperation from the black and green could be the parting between the land and boat on the frozen lake from CotD, although the same could be said its a slight representation of Alcatraz but again, there's still more hints at CotD than anything.

So I guess Treyarch had been planning this since Kino Der Toten? Or maybe they remembered the "toys" of the O4 in Sam's room and that inspired them to make that the explanation for everything, since the story had just become too complex and riddled with plot holes, but at the same time, I find it hard to believe that they would just settle for this cop-out after putting so much work into the story. It's funny cause I actually remember thinking years ago after seeing the O4 in Sam's room, "What if Sam is just using them as dolls for some kind of twisted game?"

At a closer look, I do realize that it doesn't seem to be similar in color scheme with the Green as CotD but nowhere on the poster am I picking up a MotD vibe, google MotD images and then CotD, the font and color resembles CotD more than MotD and also the CIA agent dude on there would be a call back to CotD as well more because of the EE step to get the Golden Rod, so I deduce that it's CotD. Who knows it may not have anything to do with CotD, but can't deny there's no throwbacks to MotD at all. Also if you notice the seperation from the black and green could be the parting between the land and boat on the frozen lake from CotD, although the same could be said its a slight representation of Alcatraz but again, there's still more hints at CotD than anything.

This is the poster I was talking about. It's the one you gotta throw the Hell's Retriever at:

Looking from a far distance, I can see why you mistook the dude in the poster for a CIA agent.

If it was going to be left to Die, Moon would of been the obvious choice and the perfect ending, the earth is blown up, GG Maxis you win.

But then eddie wouldn't have gotten his turn now would he. We would have been left with an even bigger cliffhanger.

Not come out with the overly drivel worthy new characters from out of no where wanting to mend a "RIFT" THEN end it by showing you the Begining of it all....WTF is that???? What happened to Buried?? This isn't some Uwe Boll piece of rubbish, although Call of the Dead could come close lol

What happened to buried was exactly what happened. The story waas over at buried regardless of which sides ultimate ending you chose. Choose maxis, everyone dies, he's reunited with sam, richtofen becomes a zombie to walk the earth till he dies. He wouldnt do anything to or for the O4 because he didnt care about anyone but sam. Do richtofen and everyone dies, they'll just take longer to because they have more guns. If origins isn't a satisfying loophole free (or close enough) ending for you, you can always take one of the 2 scenarios I just gave and the incredibly time gapped space warped reality bent world ofcodzombies and disregard origins.

And if by some sad chance its true, Treyarch needs to Quit Life as they have ruin the one thing that made them better than infinity ward

Yes they need to quit because they've cleaned up this story and given it a legitimate end, that could lead to another whole new story of codzombies. Please treyarch quit trying to give us an ending that rationalizes the current story and giving us more zombies.

But then eddie wouldn't have gotten his turn now would he. We would have been left with an even bigger cliffhanger.

What happened to buried was exactly what happened. The story waas over at buried regardless of which sides ultimate ending you chose. Choose maxis, everyone dies, he's reunited with sam, richtofen becomes a zombie to walk the earth till he dies. He wouldnt do anything to or for the O4 because he didnt care about anyone but sam. Do richtofen and everyone dies, they'll just take longer to because they have more guns. If origins isn't a satisfying loophole free (or close enough) ending for you, you can always take one of the 2 scenarios I just gave and the incredibly time gapped space warped reality bent world ofcodzombies and disregard origins.

Yes they need to quit because they've cleaned up this story and given it a legitimate end, that could lead to another whole new story of codzombies. Please treyarch quit trying to give us an ending that rationalizes the current story and giving us more zombies.

You do realise that Zombies is Treyarchs biggest money maker right? It was so popular that Black Ops 1 re released w@w maps.

w@W and Black Ops two saw Treyarchs DLC outselling everything else on the marketplace, and even outselling most other games. You wouldn't give up something that is your saving grace would you.

You say the story needs to end? There is still so many unanswered questions that may or may not ever be answered, thats not to say i wont be happy if they stopped zombies.

I hate the new characters and i hate the over the top Easter eggs when it should be about figuring out the story.

However if they were to Leave it at buried it would be a mistake. I still believe Moon would have been the perfect ending

The original 4 and Samantha stuck in Richtofens body on the Moon with no way to get back

maxis destroyed the earth in revenge

Richtofen in control of absolutely nothing as The earth is destroyed.

You telling me Buried ending is better than that? Way to over complicate a supposed ending

Might aswell have gone back to Der Riese "This is where it all began, Is this where it all Ends?"

You do realise that Zombies is Treyarchs biggest money maker right? It was so popular that Black Ops 1 re released w@w maps.

w@W and Black Ops two saw Treyarchs DLC outselling everything else on the marketplace, and even outselling most other games. You wouldn't give up something that is your saving grace would you.

You say the story needs to end? There is still so many unanswered questions that may or may not ever be answered, thats not to say i wont be happy if they stopped zombies.

I hate the new characters and i hate the over the top Easter eggs when it should be about figuring out the story.

However if they were to Leave it at buried it would be a mistake. I still believe Moon would have been the perfect ending

The original 4 and Samantha stuck in Richtofens body on the Moon with no way to get back

maxis destroyed the earth in revenge

Richtofen in control of absolutely nothing as The earth is destroyed.

You telling me Buried ending is better than that? Way to over complicate a supposed ending

Might aswell have gone back to Der Riese "This is where it all began, Is this where it all Ends?"

It is not their biggest money maker. That's mistake one.

Oh call of duty dlc was outselling everything else on the market? That's new and only happens because of treyarchs zombies. Disregard that MW3 made more money than bo1 because it sold multiplayer only dlc.

I said the story needed to end? Or that the story was complete at buried? Because I'm almost sure I said the latter.

Bo1 re released maps while bo2 opted to sell even more multiplayer...hmm guessing they're going with infinity wards money making deal because you know, at any given time there's more people playing mp than zombies so it naturally sells more? But no you're right zombies is the biggest money maker.

Over the top Easter eggs? Oh you mean like how moons Easter egg was one spanning 3 maps right? Not simply shooting targets like in buried right?

Can't say anything bout moon, map was fun and had an Easter egg that made the game ez mode. Story wise on buried rich says he's perfectly fine leaving them for dead there. That's that.

Yes mw3 did sell more, but do you think for a second that may only because there is no zombies on MW games? And no i dont count infestation. Not to mention MW3 had the most terrible story ever so all that was left IS multiplayer, but im going off the point

I personally found MOONs easter far less annoying than Buried, And The Very first Easter egg EVER was Shooting something so its not about simplicity, its the fact that its over the top now (yes i know the story is morphed taking real world events etc etc)

Secondly Zombies was So popular that Treayrch incorporated Parts of the campaign to tie in with the zombie story.

It still is so popular that it still gets its own seperate trailer just for zombies, pretty big waste of money for something that doesn't make them much money in return

People Dismiss the fact that a new generation started playing zombies from only BLOPS 1/BLOPS 2 and this is where there is a divide between people's ideas and theories in Zombies.

But again we are getting off subject, when you see people and say they are contradicting themselves, i see them posting theories, sure they may change their mind but that is what makes them theories

I myself have posted over 7 different theories in the few days Origins has been out, its not that im contradicting myself, i just access new information and bring out a new theory each time

This is the poster I was talking about. It's the one you gotta throw the Hell's Retriever at:

Looking from a far distance, I can see why you mistook the dude in the poster for a CIA agent.

How about that, good find dude, so ya no references to CotD or Five it seems, maybe because they're on the first game and its tied up in some sort of rights battle? These things happen ya know lol.

How about that, good find dude, so ya no references to CotD or Five it seems, maybe because they're on the first game and its tied up in some sort of rights battle? These things happen ya know lol.

Could be... God, how I wish for a 5th map pack to happen so all this shit can get answered quick, rather than waiting another year till Ghosts finishes its run :roll: