The Continuation of Zombies

FatedTitan

So before I begin this, I will direct you to the ending cut scene of the Easter Egg. I'll be honest and say that I believe it is best that the cut scene was banned from these forums until the Easter Egg was solved because it gave me time to think more about it.

Now before I continue, I just want to say that I've been thinking about this for a few days. I've felt like I've been in Mob of the Dead as my emotions toward this scene have gone in a cycle over and over again as to how I feel about it, what it means, and "Where are we going?" So know that as I write this, I see both sides of what could happen. Could this be the end of zombies, with it all coming to the culmination that everything we've known was made up by a nine year old girl? Yes, I can see and understand the point of view easily. But I want to argue a different point of view here. I will argue that the ending cut scene is not the end of zombies, but the beginning...our Origins.

To begin this argument, I must address the map of Origins. I do not believe that Origins ever actually happens within our zombies storyline. There is just too much conflicting information within it. Let me give some examples.

1. The Maxis Drone is a huge red flag concerning this map's validity. Not only is Maxis' brain in a drone, which already makes me question what is happening, but this situation entirely conflicts with what is occurring throughout World at War and Black Ops. We know Maxis had a body. How could he beckon Samantha out of the MPD on Moon and be shot? How could he be locked into a teleporter with his daughter? Now I understand you're saying that these are both possible, but I'd say they are highly unlikely that she'd be emotionally attached to a little robot with just a voice. But there are more things.

2. Maxis claims that Samantha is not his daughter. This is just entirely far'fetched. We know that Samantha is Maxis' daughter. In Moon, Maxis beckons her out of the MPD and says "Your mother and I love you" and such. She is a part of their family. They are family. This doesn't add up at all.

3. Samantha is in Agartha...in 1918. This doesn't make sense at all. She isn't even born at this point. This doesn't correlate with anything in the maps we've had before.

So with just three of many inconsistencies, I'd say that Origins is the map that is being made up by Samantha in her room in the ending cut scene. Origins itself does not pertain to the true zombies storyline. The "Origins", as the devs want us to search for, are actually found in that ending cut scene as Maxis calls Samantha down to the basement. "My dad says he has a plan."

But we're getting ahead of ourselves. Let's look at the cutscene and notice key elements as to why these two children have not made up the rest of the zombies storyline.

"I told you before, their eyes should be blue."

The character, Eddie as we'd find out, believe the zombies eyes should be blue. Seems to remind us of Richtofen, correct? And the name would suggest relation or some link between the two. And as I stated, I could argue both ways at this point, so that could be what was intended, but for the sake of this argument, I'd state that Eddie is believing the eyes should be blue. But that also means that they aren't blue. And we know the eyes aren't blue in Origins. The real question is have they been blue before? Or better yet, has Eddie had a turn?

"It's my turn Eddie. I can do whatever I want."

Samantha is in control of the game. She gets to decide what happens within the zombie world of Origins. This kind of reminds me of Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep. She'd be telling her story of what was happening, then randomly change her mind and the world around you would adjust to her desires.

"But...you don't even know how to play properly! Girls don't know enough about zombies."

Key quote. Highlight, Bold, Italicize, 72 pt font size. This is huge. Girls don't know enough about zombies. If they had played many games before this, as some would suggest, wouldn't she know a good bit about zombies? She's not new to this. Yet he seems to believe she is new...like this is her first time playing with zombies. Very important quote here. If she had been doing this for every map, she'd know about zombies fairly well and her friend Eddie wouldn't be questioning her.

-sirens-

These sirens are actually very important as well. Some say that perhaps the children are living in their own zombie apocalypse and the stories they tell are a fantasy where they can escape the real world tragedy they live in. But I don't believe we're in a zombie apocalypse here. Let's go back to the intro cut scene to look more into this.

"It began long ago...on the battlefields of The Great War."

I pull this quote because it tells us exactly when those sirens are going off in the Ending Cut scene. Before World War II, everyone referred to World War I as "The Great War." No one called it WWI because...there was no reason to. There was not a second world war to compare it to. This tell us that WWII is the war that is occurring during the ending cut scene. That puts us right in prime position for this to be the beginning of our story. Right at the beginning of World War II.

"Put the toys away children. Make sure the windows are locked before you head down to the basement."

Real life calls. Dr. Maxis calls the children down to the basement to protect themselves from bombs dropping in the area. The windows must be locked because you don't want someone breaking into your home while you are trying to remain safe in the basement.

"We better do what your dad says."

And this quote gives more confirmation of Origins being fake and the ending cut scene being the real "Origins." Eddie tells Samantha that Maxis is her dad. This flows with what we know to be fact from World at War and Black Ops.

"But I didn't even get my turn."

This is a HUGELY important quote. Why? Because Eddie never got a turn! Richtofen has been in control in many maps, but Eddie is saying he never got a turn to be in control. This means that it doesn't align with them making up those maps. Eddie was never in control.

"My dad says he has a plan."

What plan does Maxis have? Could this be the plan of super soldiers, aka zombies, to help lead the Germans to a successful victory over the Allied Forces? Could this plan that Samantha speaks of be the beginning of our zombies storyline that we know?

A few other things I want to point out. Eddie looks very similar to Sloth from Buried. This striking resemblance could be of importance. Remember that the zombies never attack Sloth. What if Eddie was Richtofen's son? A father is likely to pass his name to his son. And Richtofen and Maxis were coworkers, which means their families probably knew each other. Eddie is far too young to be the older Richtofen, especially since Maxis is shown as being real in the cut scene. I would say Eddie is Richtofen's son. Some will argue that Richtofen has no son, but I'd say that there is no proof that he does not have a son.

Now let's just assume that Eddie is his son. Imagine tests being done on him at Group 935. He becomes this super solider, but loses his mental capabilities. He can only respond to certain stimuli. To keep him in safe keeping, they bring him down to where Buried is. Richtofen won't let zombies attack Sloth because it's his son. Would you let zombies attack your child if you were in control of them? I'd think not.

I stated it at the beginning and I want to state it again. I could go through this cut scene and argue the end of zombies just as solidly if I desired (and I may at a later date), but I guess, as Ehjookated has told me, I joined him in the "Denial" phase and don't want to accept an end. I'm looking for a way out, and I sure hope I've found it. But I don't know.

Let me know what you think of all this. Do I have some solid points? Weak points? Agree? Disagree? Give me your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks for reading!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was a long read.

I had a theory about Samantha that she may not be Maxis' legitimate daughter. But now that you brought up the Moon radios, seems like my theory is shot down :lol:

So I guess Vonderhaar was right after all... Origins is only a possible view on how zombies were created. But at the same time, it's still a prequel to all the things we know.

But then, how on earth did Samantha imagine Dempsey, Nikolai and Takeo?

She only calls them Hero's. I think the O4 were put in their because of Sam's history with them all. By History I mean them trying to stop her in WaW and Black Ops. If its her view point I honestly believe things were changed in her image to try to tell a more better story to Eddy.

Purely Speculation tho.

I still don't understand how a little girl would know about 115 and Agartha.

OK, ignore my last post. Now to talk about the inconsistency in Origins:

1. The drone.

Yes, Maxis' brain is used to operate the drone. However, who's to say that Maxis doesn't get a new body to use after that? If Richtofen somehow can create a quadrotor drone controlled by a single human brain, then brain transplant isn't all that hard to him. It's a possibility.

2. Maxis claiming Samantha to not be his daughter.

As I said before, I came up with a theory that Samantha may not be Maxis' legitimate daughter. However, it is very possible that after Origins, Maxis adopted her. That clears up the whole confusion. That is, assuming that Maxis' wife is still alive in 1918.

3. Samantha present in 1918

Here's the biggest question of them all. Now answer this: how could a mere child possibly end up in Agartha? And how is she capable of controlling the zombies? Samantha remains a mystery to us all. Even when we thought we knew her, we still don't. Is she related to the ancient evil in any way? Is she a child of the devil? Seems likely, otherwise she wouldn't be able to control all this.

Those reasons I stated above should be good enough to connect Origins to the rest of the zombies storyline. As for the kids not making up the rest of it, no arguments there. You nailed it.

Pretty solid read, the only thing I'd have to disagree on is your strong view on Eddie "not having his turn yet" and "their eyes should be blue" and that its stating that its possible that the "real events haven't occurred yet" which is possible yes, but this cutscene could just have easily been depicting what happened the first time they played their game just as well which of course he wouldn't have had the time to craft their eyes blue.

Also take into account you can see the N4 characters under the bed and they only knew of Richtofen being in control so obviously the kids have been playing their game a while now and that statement from Richtofen was simply a statement by a disgruntled child not getting his turn, along with all the etch marks on the bed leg showing that Sam won 20 games and Eddie only 10 lol

I personally believe it could go EITHER WAY, it ends or continues with a new story or some sort of retcon of the whole thing.

P.S THE ONLY THING that I've noticed that contradicts all of this is how they associated their game with Call of the Dead characters and the actors, but I suppose for all we know that those sirens were from a Zombie apocalypse and or WWIII and it was 2025 lol. Also did anyone else notice that Misty and Dempsey were nowhere to be found? Never mind the chars from Five, CotD, and MotD those are probably tied up in representation rights or something.

Edit: Also there eyes are blue in Origins, and yellow, and purplish with a white tint lol.

She only calls them Hero's. I think the O4 were put in their because of Sam's history with them all. By History I mean them trying to stop her in WaW and Black Ops. If its her view point I honestly believe things were changed in her image to try to tell a more better story to Eddy.

Purely Speculation tho.

I still don't understand how a little girl would know about 115 and Agartha.

Going against my own theory thread for a minute.

Maxis quotes keeping Samantha close ever since Samantha's mother died, and even brought her on base to a top secret R&D site known as Der Riese. As for the link between Richtofen is as follows so read carefully.

Richtofen quotes having a sister and tormenting her toys

Richtofen is Samantha's Uncle (Samantha's quote)

Samantha has a mum

Maxis is Samantha's Father.

Richtofen Says to Samantha YOUR Father in origins

Richtofen is alot younger than Maxis

This concludes to the possible following outcomes.

Richtofens mother is Samantha's Mother hence why Richtofen is having a sleep over with Maxis And Samantha and why Richtofen DOESN'T call Richtofen his dad but does for Samantha (and also Why Samantha calls him uncle) due to Richtofen refuses to acknowledge Maxis as a father figure (age gap is too great to be "friends" as Richtofen calls him) and would also explain why Maxis choose to Bring Richtofen into Project Der Riese despite his wishes against it (quotes)

The other outcome is

Richtofens Sister is Samantha's Mum Hence the Uncle part, Although Richtofen used to pick on his sister as a very you g boy, He Blames Maxis for her death and seeks revenge.

Quotes prove he didn't always hate Samantha, looking out for her, creating teddies for her and so the quotes continue, this may be due to the fact that Samantha Looks like Richtofens sister and wants to protect her

(Until that moment when everything changes)

^ That really just turns my head upside down. If outcome 1 is the case that Richtofen's mom remarried and Had another child (or not maybe maxis had Sam and 1st wife died and Maxis remarried Richtofen's mum) either way, the age gap from Origins to Der Riese is hoopla.

I think when Vonderhar said " Viewpoint of how zombies came to be " I honestly think he was referring to the single player team. I mean yes Zombies team helped out but I think this was a view point of the Single player/campaign team version of how things started.

Pure Spec. Tho.

Just a quick pointer about the ending cutscene, Samantha put down one of the figures. Seeing as Eddie has Richtofen and Takeo, and Sam has Nicholai after she puts the "camera" down, that must mean that we're seeing the final scene from Tank's perspective.

Probably doesn't mean anything. Oh well.

waitwaitwaitwaitwait, just remembered something probably unimportant. Think back to Kino, the teleporter. Remember the rooms we ended up in, especially the one with toy zombies?

Maybe I should take cutscene observations to another thread.

Sound theory Fated. This actually does make sense. I wanna clarify a few things on your points though.

1. Richtofen could've transferred his brain into another body, which would also explain the age thing.

2 & 3. In this new body, Maxis eventually gave birth to Samantha. All the events happen, Samantha ends up in Agartha, somehow being able to talk to her father in the past. Think BTTF (Back to the Future).

Of course Maxis wouldn't know of a daughter because he hadn't given birth at that time.

However, than you listen to that first part where Samantha says she'd protect them

Forever and it just doesn't fit.

I don't think there's any connection to Eddie and the Big Guy though. Probably may have both been based off the same

model.

Anyway, I want your theory to be the answer. This would also co-incide with the statement pre-BO2 that the O4 would return in "some" form. As a story told by Samantha. That ""some" form" part is distinct. It wasn't a straight out "yeah you'll play as them", or "no you won't". They might not have said it because it was pre-release, but they easily could've said the usual "Maybe" or "You'll see".

But yeah, I don't think this is a cop out like everyone's saying. There is so much more to it than meets the eye. I just hope actual answer is this or close to it anyway.

I think people are stressing what Samantha says at the beginning of the cutscene too far. Usually when you're trying to end a story, especially those stories you tell little kids, you always gotta say something weird and sound "fairy tale"-ish. Sort of like a "and they lived happily ever after". Just different wording.

@ Rissole- She said she would protect them forever, but then Maxis and Richtofens relationship ends up going bad. Maybe that is why she turned on him?

Going off what my theory, Samantha has been true to her word, she has and will protect them forever, at least Takeo, Tank and Nikolai.

The only one she wants to kill is Richtofen, and even then she still gives him Power drops etc to protect him too, maybe due to them being related

Did anyone else see that there are cymbal monkeys on Samantha's pyjamas.

Well of course there is no way of knowing which side of this is correct.

But I might have a possible explanation for the line "My dad says he's got a plan"

Now imagine if after playing a game of "zombies" one day Samantha went and complained to her dad that she didnt want to lose her turn. So then the next time Eddie is playing, Maxis comes up to her bedroom hides a radio under where the game is normally played. So then when Eddie is playing, Maxis acts like he is communicating with the characters. Of course he is not in control, but he gives the characters in the game instructions to make that happen. All just because he wants to put his daughter back in control. To make it "her turn"

A bit far fetched but oh well.

One thing seems a bit off to me, the line

"We better do what your dad says"

Richtofen would never say that. Just sayin

Did anyone else see that there are cymbal monkeys on Samantha's pyjamas.

Well of course there is no way of knowing which side of this is correct.

But I might have a possible explanation for the line "My dad says he's got a plan"

Now imagine if after playing a game of "zombies" one day Samantha went and complained to her dad that she didnt want to lose her turn. So then the next time Eddie is playing, Maxis comes up to her bedroom hides a radio under where the game is normally played. So then when Eddie is playing, Maxis acts like he is communicating with the characters. Of course he is not in control, but he gives the characters in the game instructions to make that happen. All just because he wants to put his daughter back in control. To make it "her turn"

A bit far fetched but oh well.

One thing seems a bit off to me, the line

"We better do what your dad says"

Richtofen would never say that. Just sayin

I like this, however if Samantha complained to Maxis about Eddie not playing fair, I doubt she would go ahead and say that he has a plan to Eddie.

I think Richtofen's persona is modeled directly after Eddie's. He feels like Samantha doesn't know how to play their game correctly, so he takes "control" (or his turn) during their game of Moon. Then at some point they decide to go back to the very beginning when their characters first meet - Origins, now it's Sam's turn again and once again Eddie gets frustrated because she doesn't know how to play.

I was kinda pissed off that now it seems like it was all a bullshit lie.

I used to be in love with the storyline, however all the DLC's in black ops 2 have been pretty disapointing to me as a whole. I liked black ops 1, and all of the zombie maps / easter eggs.

The one thing that gets me is the "My dad has a plan" I am not sure if this implies that in the future at this point (1918), maxis will indeed create the zombies, however I doubt it would be similar to whatever they had in mind.

Pretty stupid ending to one of the last things I enjoyed for 2 games straight, zombies.

Fuck

I'm not going to speculate on family ties between Richtofen, Sam, and Maxis.

As a matter of fact, the names Maxis, nor Richtofen are even mentioned in the cutscene. The voice of the Father surely sounds like Maxis and we know Richtofen's first name is Eddie, but factually those names are not directly spoken during the scene.

Here's the transcript I've produced and it's 100% accurate.

Samantha: As the gates to Agartha were opened, the four heroes were rewarded with riches beyond their wildest imagination. From that day forward, they knew that Samantha would keep them safe...Forever.

Eddie: You're getting everything wrong. I told you before, their eyes should be blue.

Samantha: It's my turn, Eddie. I can do whatever I want.

Eddie: ...But, you don't even know how to play properly. Girls don't know enough about zombies.

(Sirens sound in background)

Father (Maxis?): (Shouting from a distance) Put your toys away, children. Make sure the windows are locked before you come down to the basement.

Eddie: You better do what your dad says.

(Samantha closes and locks window)

Eddie: ...I didn't even get my turn.

Samantha: Tomorrow, Eddie, you get to make the rules...I promise. (beckoning to her dog) Come on, Fluffy!

Eddie: I wish the heroes in our stories were real, Sam.

Samantha: I know what you mean, but we will make everything OK. My dad says he has a plan.

So, initial reactions are that the entire story and all of our gameplay across several maps was just the imagined world of two children playing with toys. This is a fair assumption, but the implications that this is how it ends I think are false. Here's why...

The siren in the background and Sam's father's instructions to lock the windows and head to the basement shortly after implies they're living in some dangerous world, possibly zombie infested? Eddie states that "girls don't know enough about zombies" and this could imply that zombies are a huge part of life and not just a fictional ocurrence that only fans have knowledge of. Sam states that, "tomorrow, eddie, you get to make the rules" to imply that there's more to come. Sam also states that her "dad has a plan" and that "we will make everything ok" to imply there is more to come.

Based off those key quotes and the storyline so far, I am theorizing that these two children are playing make-believe and that imagined world is what we've been experiencing throughout the 3 Treyarch titles. This much is pretty solid in my mind and it fills all the gaps in the storyline because it's imagined so it doesn't have to be perfect. However, for a child to imagine certain things we see during our gameplay, there would have to be some real-world knowledge they're pulling from.

I think the world these two children live in is infested by zombies and this is where they get their inspiration for their game from. This is why Eddie desires the heroes to be real. Their world has no zombie slaying heroes, so the children make them up as a hope that heroes like the O4 would truly exist and help cleanse their world of the infected.

If that's the case, it's quite possible that the true origins of the zombies in Samantha & Eddie's world were created in some other way. This is a clever way for Treyarch to wipe the storyboard clean and start anew, so I'm excited.

On the other hand...

Let's suppose that everything we've gone through was real. Samantha was trapped inside the Aether, Richtofen is also there within her body and Maxis has a presence there as well, perhaps not directly connected to Rich/Sam. Maybe they've been there for ages, after the entire world has been destroyed. Their only communication is with themselves and this scene depicts the imagined world they've created for themselves in order to perpetuate their existence. We all do the same thing. Quantum theories suggest our perception actually creates the reality we live in, so it's not difficult to suggest that a person trapped within some other dimension, alone and isolated, could recreate their reality as they saw fit. Having lost all connections to their pre-conditioned world that the rest of humanity would call "real", Sam would most definitely have had to recreate her reality out of necessity.

Richtofen and Maxis seem to have suffered a similar fate, Richtofen being more directly connected to Sam, would have to appear as a closer entity in Sam's imagined world. Therefore, Sam has given him the role of her playmate and they continually "play" together.

In conclusion, I think either these are children living in a zombie infested world and the real story is just beginning...

OR

Sam, Richtofen, and Maxis are trapped within another dimension, immortal, and share the same imagined reality: Sam and Richtofen playing together, Maxis continuing his research.

I'm not going to speculate on family ties between Richtofen, Sam, and Maxis.

As a matter of fact, the names Maxis, nor Richtofen are even mentioned in the cutscene. The voice of the Father surely sounds like Maxis and we know Richtofen's first name is Eddie, but factually those names are not directly spoken during the scene.

Here's the transcript I've produced and it's 100% accurate.

Samantha: As the gates to Agartha were opened, the four heroes were rewarded with riches beyond their wildest imagination. From that day forward, they knew that Samantha would keep them safe...Forever.

Eddie: You're getting everything wrong. I told you before, their eyes should be blue.

Samantha: It's my turn, Eddie. I can do whatever I want.

Eddie: ...But, you don't even know how to play properly. Girls don't know enough about zombies.

(Sirens sound in background)

Father (Maxis?): (Shouting from a distance) Put your toys away, children. Make sure the windows are locked before you come down to the basement.

Eddie: You better do what your dad says.

(Samantha closes and locks window)

Eddie: ...I didn't even get my turn.

Samantha: Tomorrow, Eddie, you get to make the rules...I promise. (beckoning to her dog) Come on, Fluffy!

Eddie: I wish the heroes in our stories were real, Sam.

Samantha: I know what you mean, but we will make everything OK. My dad says he has a plan.

So, initial reactions are that the entire story and all of our gameplay across several maps was just the imagined world of two children playing with toys. This is a fair assumption, but the implications that this is how it ends I think are false. Here's why...

The siren in the background and Sam's father's instructions to lock the windows and head to the basement shortly after implies they're living in some dangerous world, possibly zombie infested? Eddie states that "girls don't know enough about zombies" and this could imply that zombies are a huge part of life and not just a fictional ocurrence that only fans have knowledge of. Sam states that, "tomorrow, eddie, you get to make the rules" to imply that there's more to come. Sam also states that her "dad has a plan" and that "we will make everything ok" to imply there is more to come.

Based off those key quotes and the storyline so far, I am theorizing that these two children are playing make-believe and that imagined world is what we've been experiencing throughout the 3 Treyarch titles. This much is pretty solid in my mind and it fills all the gaps in the storyline because it's imagined so it doesn't have to be perfect. However, for a child to imagine certain things we see during our gameplay, there would have to be some real-world knowledge they're pulling from.

I think the world these two children live in is infested by zombies and this is where they get their inspiration for their game from. This is why Eddie desires the heroes to be real. Their world has no zombie slaying heroes, so the children make them up as a hope that heroes like the O4 would truly exist and help cleanse their world of the infected.

If that's the case, it's quite possible that the true origins of the zombies in Samantha & Eddie's world were created in some other way. This is a clever way for Treyarch to wipe the storyboard clean and start anew, so I'm excited.

On the other hand...

Let's suppose that everything we've gone through was real. Samantha was trapped inside the Aether, Richtofen is also there within her body and Maxis has a presence there as well, perhaps not directly connected to Rich/Sam. Maybe they've been there for ages, after the entire world has been destroyed. Their only communication is with themselves and this scene depicts the imagined world they've created for themselves in order to perpetuate their existence. We all do the same thing. Quantum theories suggest our perception actually creates the reality we live in, so it's not difficult to suggest that a person trapped within some other dimension, alone and isolated, could recreate their reality as they saw fit. Having lost all connections to their pre-conditioned world that the rest of humanity would call "real", Sam would most definitely have had to recreate her reality out of necessity.

Richtofen and Maxis seem to have suffered a similar fate, Richtofen being more directly connected to Sam, would have to appear as a closer entity in Sam's imagined world. Therefore, Sam has given him the role of her playmate and they continually "play" together.

In conclusion, I think either these are children living in a zombie infested world and the real story is just beginning...

OR

Sam, Richtofen, and Maxis are trapped within another dimension, immortal, and share the same imagined reality: Sam and Richtofen playing together, Maxis continuing his research.

FINALLY, someone that seems to understand how multiple scenarios could be handled by Treyarch and put it into detailed and articulate reasoning, I also like how you observed that they could currently be in a Zombie Apocalypse *Map Pack Name is making sense now huh* and they have this information to go by to create their games and wish for heroes to cope with their lives.

I also especially like how you didn't throw your hat in with the other theories that somehow ALL The events transpired in our "imagined reality" could still have happened, I'm sorry but the people that think Maxis would make this all real just to make his girl happy are insanely over thinking it, I mean if he did, then how did Samantha know everything that would happen as an end result of his actions if he did this? TAKE THIS POINT INTO CONSIDERATION FIRST; This includes how their heroes would look, act and where they would go. The etches on the bed post of previous games and all of the paraphernalia around the room suggesting THEY KNEW ABOUT the other maps. This is more like two kids deciding what their origin story would be after all the other maps that we have played.

No, the only somewhat plausible scenario I could see happening is that there really was a Zombie apocalypse going on or even a WWIII possibly 2025? (we have NO CONFIRMATION it was WWII) and if this cutscene happened post 2025 it could explain how Samantha pulled CotD celebrities and such. Anyways back on my point, if Ludvig did do something to help his country win the war, and inadvertently or purposely created zombies, or someone else did and somehow Samantha entered the Aether and gained control over all kinds of Magics, she could possibly breathe life into our 8 heroes maybe more (20 total) and we could see them in a third title going on new "REAL" adventures.

I will however have to disagree with the "Show must go on" idea that you seem pretty attached to. While I hope that the series will continue, I cannot see them %100 going forward with more stories, it could be a simple case of them leaving while it's still good type of thing. Although I know some will definitely not think that this was leaving while it was good lol, I personally thought it was ingenious because a plethora of reasons leading up to it, and would be completely fine if I never saw another zombies mode from Treyarch or the like.

Anyways just my opinion obviously. I just wanted to applaud how well written you are and having a great grasp of it all.

The one thing that bothers me is that in no way shape or form could two little kids in 1917 could think of the Cia/cdc. No way could they think of the pentagon. No way could they think of space travel. Skyscrapers in die rise wouldn't have been thought of. Nome of the above could be thought of in the 1918 period that we think they are in. So they could possibly be in the future. No point in the cutscene is their a reference to time besides the use of a gramophone and an old clock. They could be way into the future after a couple generations have passed and these could be rictofens and maxis kids that are just given the same names.

Plus how would these little kids think up so many complex things like the mpd/ avocado/thundergun and other wonderweapons/ancient riddles/Agatha/the moon/and all these other things.

Plus why would Eddie let Sam make his character a complete psychopath. And why would richtofen let her.

The one thing that bothers me is that in no way shape or form could two little kids in 1917 could think of the Cia/cdc. No way could they think of the pentagon. No way could they think of space travel. Skyscrapers in die rise wouldn't have been thought of. Nome of the above could be thought of in the 1918 period that we think they are in. So they could possibly be in the future. No point in the cutscene is their a reference to time besides the use of a gramophone and an old clock. They could be way into the future after a couple generations have passed and these could be rictofens and maxis kids that are just given the same names.

My point exactly, to make this all make sense, THEY HAVE TO BE POST 2025, as that's the highest time we've been to. *Was hoping for a future future map myself haha*

As far as them coming up with complex riddles and such for the EE, well when you were a child and you would talk about something you were passionate for and thought you were the smartest person on the subject, but ended up being ill informed, it could be like this for the complexity of it all. I mean to them they are just Saying "solve this color or number puzzle" but think its extremely hard, and so In the game world it is lol.

Edit: your comment about eddie being physcopathic, well this could be explained two ways

1. maybe he liked being that way? Lol I know when I was younger I liked to act crazy in general and as I said above with the complexity puzzle issue, this could be amplified and made more mature by them just believing they know what they're talking about and to us it comes off differently, because I doubt they are acting out every single word to their games.

2. It was Samantha's turn, so "shut the hell up Eddie!"

Summary; When observing a child play with their toys from afar seems simple, it could be on a whole different level to them, with complexity beyond our imagination lol. I know my 2 year old will sometimes babble for minutes and has emotion like she knows what the fuck she's saying but it's all gibberish to me and the misses lol.

Thanks. I appreciate it. I like to think I have a firm comprehension of the storyline, as makeshift and mosaic as it is.

As for the continuation...Yes. I am optimistic, purely because this ending does in fact wipe the slate clean. It is a bottle top to the chaos that we've all wrestled with trying to understand. It was chaotic and didn't fit nicely because it was make-believe.

Furthermore, it encompasses everything we've seen because the implied "tomorrow" for the scene which is "Eddie's Turn" references BO:2. Origins, chronologically, should be ocurring sometime after the majority of BO:1, but slightly before Moon.

Here's how I see these games happening:

Samantha asks her friend Eddie to play a game with her.

WaW, BO:1 maps ocurr. (Yellow eyes, Samantha in control)

Eddie wants an explanation for her game.

Origins ocurrs, ending scene implies Eddie gets his turn tomorrow.

Samantha and Eddie collaborate to make the story work for changing controllers.

Moon and NT:Z ocurr.

Eddie has his turn.

BO:2 ocurrs.

If you think about it like that, it makes sense that these two children, perhaps over a weekend sleep over are playing all the CoD Zombies games, taking turns of who is telling the story.

The interesting questions are not How, but Why. Why are these children fantasizing about Zombie slaying heroes? Is it because they actually do live in a world infested by Zombies? Why does Maxis play such a huge indirect role in the childrens' games? Is it because he actually is a scientist working to help mankind with the infestation? This could esaily explain where Samantha gets a lot of her information and also explain the reasons she wants to play the game in the first place.

Thanks. I appreciate it. I like to think I have a firm comprehension of the storyline, as makeshift and mosaic as it is.

As for the continuation...Yes. I am optimistic, purely because this ending does in fact wipe the slate clean. It is a bottle top to the chaos that we've all wrestled with trying to understand. It was chaotic and didn't fit nicely because it was make-believe.

Furthermore, it encompasses everything we've seen because the implied "tomorrow" for the scene which is "Eddie's Turn" references BO:2. Origins, chronologically, should be ocurring sometime after the majority of BO:1, but slightly before Moon.

Here's how I see these games happening:

Samantha asks her friend Eddie to play a game with her.

WaW, BO:1 maps ocurr. (Yellow eyes, Samantha in control)

Eddie wants an explanation for her game.

Origins ocurrs, ending scene implies Eddie gets his turn tomorrow.

Samantha and Eddie collaborate to make the story work for changing controllers.

Moon and NT:Z ocurr.

Eddie has his turn.

BO:2 ocurrs.

If you think about it like that, it makes sense that these two children, perhaps over a weekend sleep over are playing all the CoD Zombies games, taking turns of who is telling the story.

The interesting questions are not How, but Why. Why are these children fantasizing about Zombie slaying heroes? Is it because they actually do live in a world infested by Zombies? Why does Maxis play such a huge indirect role in the childrens' games? Is it because he actually is a scientist working to help mankind with the infestation? This could esaily explain where Samantha gets a lot of her information and also explain the reasons she wants to play the game in the first place.

Definitely see your points here, and yes Eddie could have brought over his N4 dolls in preparation for his turn tomorrow meaning the Origns map takes place at your specified time ranges. Definitely hope to see it continue and understand your optimism, just a realist myself I guess lol.

There is the possibility that taking Der Riese, Kino and moon into consideration that when the portal to the Aether/ Argatha is something completely different. I dont personally want to believe this theory but it too has merit.

We have gone forward in time, and back in Time, items can come through time from the Aether powered mystery boxes as we know, taking my theory that in Origins it's Samantha's voice being projected through the Aether to Maxis in 1918 (long before he had Samantha) means that every map we have played on is a parallel universe which Crop Circles mentioned way back in W@W / Black ops 1 days.

The Plan could be setting up Der Riese, however once the Aether was unlocked so were the different dimensions, CoTD is prime example of this, Moon ending Also proves this theory.

Different dimensions when Samantha, Maxis AND Richtofen went through the Aether creating The 3 different dimensions, 3...that number appears throught the zombies story line remember?

The rift could well be the RIFT in the time space dimensions, Each of the 3 characters may well be in there own Universe and that is why the zombies story has been so hard to pin down

Think of the 2 different outcomes in Buried, Yet the Rift is always been there but only in Black ops 2 is when you are told to mend it.

Each of the 3 dimensions are seeping into each other linking everything through Argatha and points to this, why did the characters not remember anything after meeting in Origins? Simply put they are in a different Dimension, As Maxis and Samantha and Richtofen have all been through proved by radios.

Would also be why Origins Fluffy is NOT a German shepherd but in a diffent dimension Fluffy is

Theres of more linking the tri dimension theory and i could list them all, but i just wanted to put this perspective on the matter

I think Eternal is on the money. I think they're living with no electricity and sirens outside their door because they live in an actual zombie apocalypse. I dislike how Treyarch ended their story but all things have to end I suppose. At least now Treyarch can possibly start a new story about zombies. With the next gen consoles coming out soon, they can possibly up the amount of the shit they can do and possibly make a better story and game than ever.