Origins' Easter Egg Ending Discussion

Ehjookayted

We also heard things like this from Misty, but we actually see her in the scene

I'd really like to know where you saw misty at, because I've looked at that scene where the N4 are and I just don't see even the slightest glimpse of a flanneled shirt or anything, maybe you could blow up an image and circle the corresponding match for me? I truly am curious as its been driving me nuts. I get POV Dempsey as I don't see a little girl using a camera to smash into zombies and what not but this I just don't see lol.

Apologies if it came across as a dig at yourself, that's not how I intended it. All I was saying was for an extra game mode, it has a pretty in depth story mode. Something that appears to have been well thought out and implemented so far.

Like all sequels, trilogy's, quadrilogy's and so on - you can only take it so far before the plot is lost. That's not to say that the Zombies story is dead in the water, just that they may get another game or two before they need to or should draw it to a conclusion.

Oh it's fine, and yes it has had an in depth story compared to most side game modes, no question there lol.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I trust this is just a grand metaphor for how Samantha's mind is handling omnipotence. Her lexicon is well beyond her years as shown in Moon, but she's just a little girl. Her mind is just interpreting it as just a big game, since it's what she's familiar with.

However, Season 3 has been a disappointment in my opinion. I'll save my full explanation for another time, but storyline wise it was bad. I can understand that they wanted to start with something new in the form of the TranZit crew, but looking over the quotes for the maps makes me sad. There's SO MUCH questions laid out, but very few are answered. What was The Flesh? Why did Stu eat flesh? How can he hear Richtofen in Buried, but not the other voices? What kind of organization was Broken Arrow? How did Russ get fired, and (maybe) how was Marlton involved with it? How and why was Marlton in the Nuketown shelter? What happened to the 04 in Moon? The story at this point is a complete mess, and I doubt it'll magically be fixed in Black Ops 3's core map.

I'm going to try not to be too disappointed with it since we don't have full understanding of it right now. But I mean its like they acknowledged they screwed up with the green run cast tossed under the bed/table.

As of now it seems the path I chose for the towers was pointless, the green run cast was pointless, and Buried was just one big cliffhanger.

The maps are excellent fun, but seem just seem like it was building up to a end game we didn't get. was really hoping for more I guess, a Green Run conclusion with a appearance from the 04. I knew what we were getting as soon as I heard the name Origins but at least give us a reason for fooling with the green run cast.

Hopefully with COD going into next gen, it means larger scale zombies maps. By that I mean TranZit-size maps without limitations like fogs and all that. Also, make intro cutscenes for every map, that can give us insights on things. Buried did a good job explaining how the N4 got together (though it raises even more questions on Russman's background). It also lacks audio logs, which could've been used to explain even more things.

Sirens existed in WW1, do not think because sirens existed in the ending that it has to be WW2.

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/ww1-air-raid-siren

Now as the main characters are of German descent, it is logical to think they are somewhere in Germany and that the Sirens being heard are from bombing raids during WW2 being made by the allies.

Those kind of action figures that the kids are playing with did not exist until well after World War 2 though.

And the clothes they are wearing , and the decorations in the bedroom, it is clearly supposed to be set during the modern day or the very near past/future.

What was The Flesh? Why did Stu eat flesh? How can he hear Richtofen in Buried, but not the other voices? What kind of organization was Broken Arrow? How did Russ get fired, and (maybe) how was Marlton involved with it? How and why was Marlton in the Nuketown shelter? What happened to the 04 in Moon? The story at this point is a complete mess, and I doubt it'll magically be fixed in Black Ops 3's core map.

Remember how children's games work? They are a mix-match of crazy storylines and nonsense, full of loose ends, nothing ever adds up because kids are constantly inventing new things and adding them to the mix - this is what Zombies is about.

Sorry, but everyone insisting "Zombies is real! this ending is dumb" is being a bit stupid. Of course none of it is real. Ok, this probably isn't the right place to try and bring up a philosophical debate, but think for a second about the wrong-headedness of arguing whether or not something that takes place in a videogame (or fiction book, movie etc) is "real".

Part of it is the fault of internet fan culture - the whole concept of "canon" has been taken over by rabid fanboys and girls - to the point where people think arguing about "canon" is arguing whether something "really happened or not". People pick and choose what they believe is real, when it comes to fictional worlds that they love - and use the excuse of "Oh, that isn't canon" or whatever if something they don't like happens. Sorry guys. None of it's real. All of it is just invented for our entertainment.

Ambiguous endings like this one are brilliant - they give you so much to think about about. Consider this - an ending which most of you would probably think (at the moment, before you've seen it) would be far more satisfying:

At the end of Origins, the O4 rescue Samantha from Agartha. She tells them that she has been sent back in time from the point Richtofen banished her from the MPD in Moon. When she arrived back in WW1 times she met the original Demonic Announcer - the "something far worse than you" guy - the MOTD announcer, basically Satan himself.

Satan possesses her and uses her knowledge of the future to trap the entire world in a time loop - constantly forced to relive the 20th century - man's most destructive and violent hour, two world wars, atomic bombs, concentration camps etc. All ending of course in zombie apocalypse. This is how he's able to give futuristic weaponry to prisoners in Alcatraz, and from chalk drawings on the wall - he's taken Sam's memories of these things from the future, and just spread them out through time.

The whole storyline, from Nacht to Buried, is caused by the Devil, taking Samantha's "memories" of the future and using them to sculpt the world in his image.

At the end of the easter Egg, we are given two choices - take Sam's side, and "break the cycle" again, freeing her and leaving the 20th century free to happen without the devil's influence. Hell , she could possibly even avert the world wars from ever happening, with her future knowledge combined with the powers she acquired in the MPD and in Agartha.

Or take Satan's side, and have the 20th century unfold the way we know it does (except with zombies, and the world destroyed by Maxis or Richtofen at the end).

Ok, on the face of it that story would seem to cover all the bases, right? But - it's absolutely terrible! The most cliched ending imaginable.If it actually played out like that, Zombies becomes nothing more than another "sci fi" good v evil storyline, cliched heroes, cliched enemy (Satan? really?)

I thought that ending up in about two minutes, writing it as I went. Treyarch could have chosen to gone down that path if they wanted, very easily, but I for one am very glad they didn't.

They've basically avoided the "Lost" route. Lost's ending sucked because they tried to explain all the mysteries, and really there was no believable way to do that. So they came up with some daft "good v evil" concept and a cave with a very important light in it (still makes me LOL when I think about it to be honest).

By explaining everything , they removed all of the mystery, and all of the secrets - making the whole 8-year storyline seem flat. As far as Lost goes, I would have far preferred the "They are all dead" or "They are all in purgatory" explanations that people thought the series was going to end with. In my opinion the only reason they didn't do that (bear with me - talking about Lost still but it is relevant to Zombs) is that TOO MANY PEOPLE HAD GUESSED IT! Meaning felt they had to come up with an alternative explanation that actually "covered all the bases". Which they did, and as we know, the majority of us found it incredibly unsatisfying.

Treyarch did the opposite. They were brave enough to go with the obvious ending (like I said before, it's been obvious throughout (in retrospect...) that it was all a kids' game. So many clues ...)

They saw it through and came out with the ending they had always intended, and didn't do some last-minute rewrite just so they could say "Haha, see you were WRONG! we do have a proper ending, with all the secrets explained (ruined) and all the mysteries solved (made boring)" - like, in my opinion, the Lost writers did. Good on them. And, then the magnificent curveball ("My dad's got a plan") which means it is quite possible that this isn't the end at all...

Very well said there PaulOfTheDead.

I think this sums it up perfectly

Remember how children's games work? They are a mix-match of crazy storylines and nonsense, full of loose ends, nothing ever adds up because kids are constantly inventing new things and adding them to the mix - this is what Zombies is about.

A kids kids story that is "nonsense & Full if loose ends" - Perfect storyline.

The only thing that bugs me about this metaphor of an ending, are all the conspiracy theories, complicated riddles, Richtofen's sexual perversions & of course, all of the SWEARING!!! The contents & depth of COD Zombies is not a 10 year olds mind.

To write all of this off as a kids game is abit low & unimaginative, but I can accept this as just quality story & gameplay concepts that needed to be included to market this game as entertainment to a wide audience.

Overall, Treyarch are Genius! They have made a typical "Gun Game" truly educational, the things I have learnt over the last 4 or 5 years from COD Zombies is phenonemal. The history, the injustice, the conspiracies, the list is endless. I have also befriended some great people on this site whom I'd like to meet some day, somehow. So thank you Carbonfibah & the many other fans of this great game who frequent this site & have been emerged in the best story never told. But this story hasn't finished, this is a very successful franchise & with that comes income. It's not over yet, I'm sure that there will be more Zombies to slay in the future.

Call of Duty: Zombies is an Educational Video Game, if you want it to be.

Well I don't really remember too many sexual perversions in Zombies. But being a massive sexual pervert myself, perhaps my definition is different from most people's ;)

The rest of the stuff - Nazi Occultism, the conspiracies, aliens, Vril, USS Nimitz, Area 51 - isn't exactly adult stuff. I learned about most of it when I was a child, interested in mythology and conspiracy theories and that kind of stuff. I would say that Sam and Eddie don't exactly look like very young children either - Eddie in particular looks like a young teenager - 12 or 13 perhaps - a bit old to be playing with action figures (he probably doesn't mind with his younger female friend Sam, but I bet he keeps that part of his life hidden from male friends of the same age as him). Sam is like, 9 or 10 or something - girls mature faster than boys, right? And it's definitely possible that an intelligent, curious girl of that age would have read something about Nazi occultism, Area 51 etc.

Why is no one else connecting the ciphers to the ending cinematic? Edward Richtofen was a teenager genius adopted by Ludwig Maxis after the former's parents died. They worked together investigating Divinium. Edward, however, was cooperating with Group 935 to build weapons against the Allies. Does anyone not see this as strikingly relevant?

I trust this is just a grand metaphor for how Samantha's mind is handling omnipotence. Her lexicon is well beyond her years as shown in Moon, but she's just a little girl. Her mind is just interpreting it as just a big game, since it's what she's familiar with.

However, Season 3 has been a disappointment in my opinion. I'll save my full explanation for another time, but storyline wise it was bad. I can understand that they wanted to start with something new in the form of the TranZit crew, but looking over the quotes for the maps makes me sad. There's SO MUCH questions laid out, but very few are answered. What was The Flesh? Why did Stu eat flesh? How can he hear Richtofen in Buried, but not the other voices? What kind of organization was Broken Arrow? How did Russ get fired, and (maybe) how was Marlton involved with it? How and why was Marlton in the Nuketown shelter? What happened to the 04 in Moon? The story at this point is a complete mess, and I doubt it'll magically be fixed in Black Ops 3's core map.

I totally think this too I did not enjoy this season either because I liked the N4 they grew on me and don't get me wrong I like the O4 as much as the next guy but they had their game full maps while The N4 had 3! and why? because people were bitching over them not appearing for 5 maps come on this was ridiculous! :x

Why is no one else connecting the ciphers to the ending cinematic? Edward Richtofen was a teenager genius adopted by Ludwig Maxis after the former's parents died. They worked together investigating Divinium. Edward, however, was cooperating with Group 935 to build weapons against the Allies. Does anyone not see this as strikingly relevant?

FINALLY!!!!!! Someone who actually looking at all the facts,ive said it since the origin of all these theory's and il say it again. the imagination / god complex / simple game theories are NOT consistant enough

Treyarch did leave links in to the other maps, that IS consistant!!! If they left out of the ciphers say... Group 935, the ALLIES and the only tinier details then i could readily except those theories.

The fact is they DID included them, What in Argatha would be the point including those key points IF it was just a game? Why included them at all? Ive long suspected family ties between Maxis, Richtofen and Samantha thanks to clues in all previous maps

This is not to say that Origins is Samantha telling the STORY of origins (and origins only) through the medium of a game between her and her "uncle" Eddie. That much i do believe to be real (because she mentions her dad has a plan), at least in the sense Her father Maxis found Element 115 then, the rest is dramatised for our benefit

[

]

Sorry, but everyone insisting "Zombies is real! this ending is dumb" is being a bit stupid. Of course none of it is real. Ok, this probably isn't the right place to try and bring up a philosophical debate, but think for a second about the wrong-headedness of arguing whether or not something that takes place in a videogame (or fiction book, movie etc) is "real".

Wait so if I read a fiction book, knowing full well its just a fiction book, and on the very last page the character wakes up and says "wow that was a really interesting dream," I'm not allowed (or as you're saying I shouldn't) to talk to people who also read the book and debate about if the ending was justifiable? Sorry buddy in merica, freedom of speech.

Part of it is the fault of internet fan culture - the whole concept of "canon" has been taken over by rabid fanboys and girls - to the point where people think arguing about "canon" is arguing whether something "really happened or not". People pick and choose what they believe is real, when it comes to fictional worlds that they love - and use the excuse of "Oh, that isn't canon" or whatever if something they don't like happens. Sorry guys. None of it's real. All of it is just invented for our entertainment.

Wow, all us 5 year olds at Codz had no idea this videogame wasn't real life, thanks for explaining. And once again the entire story was canon up to the point of this ending. I'll use the book again, after all the adventure you just read the ending where the character wakes up and nothing happened is kind of ending by saying Fuck you reader, the obviously fiction book you were just reading is more obviously fiction now. It's a pointless way to end a story, when you could just give it a happy or sad ending, day done read another book. Endings like that are designed to be controversial so people can talk about it more. But apparently to you thats bitchin about it.

Ambiguous endings like this one are brilliant - they give you so much to think about about. Consider this - an ending which most of you would probably think (at the moment, before you've seen it) would be far more satisfying:

At the end of Origins, the O4 rescue Samantha from Agartha. She tells them that she has been sent back in time from the point Richtofen banished her from the MPD in Moon. When she arrived back in WW1 times she met the original Demonic Announcer - the "something far worse than you" guy - the MOTD announcer, basically Satan himself.

Satan possesses her and uses her knowledge of the future to trap the entire world in a time loop - constantly forced to relive the 20th century - man's most destructive and violent hour, two world wars, atomic bombs, concentration camps etc. All ending of course in zombie apocalypse. This is how he's able to give futuristic weaponry to prisoners in Alcatraz, and from chalk drawings on the wall - he's taken Sam's memories of these things from the future, and just spread them out through time.

The whole storyline, from Nacht to Buried, is caused by the Devil, taking Samantha's "memories" of the future and using them to sculpt the world in his image.

At the end of the easter Egg, we are given two choices - take Sam's side, and "break the cycle" again, freeing her and leaving the 20th century free to happen without the devil's influence. Hell , she could possibly even avert the world wars from ever happening, with her future knowledge combined with the powers she acquired in the MPD and in Agartha.

Or take Satan's side, and have the 20th century unfold the way we know it does (except with zombies, and the world destroyed by Maxis or Richtofen at the end).

Ok, on the face of it that story would seem to cover all the bases, right? But - it's absolutely terrible! The most cliched ending imaginable.If it actually played out like that, Zombies becomes nothing more than another "sci fi" good v evil storyline, cliched heroes, cliched enemy (Satan? really?)

Well considering Satan wouldn't need an 8 year old girls "knowledge of the future" (because as we all know 8 year olds and their 9001 iqs) to do anything, and that he wasn't even a thought to be included in the zombies storyline up until motd your "lol I could do it better in 2 minutes idea doesn't really solve anything.

I thought that ending up in about two minutes, writing it as I went. Treyarch could have chosen to gone down that path if they wanted, very easily, but I for one am very glad they didn't.

They've basically avoided the "Lost" route. Lost's ending sucked because they tried to explain all the mysteries, and really there was no believable way to do that. So they came up with some daft "good v evil" concept and a cave with a very important light in it (still makes me LOL when I think about it to be honest).

By explaining everything , they removed all of the mystery, and all of the secrets - making the whole 8-year storyline seem flat. As far as Lost goes, I would have far preferred the "They are all dead" or "They are all in purgatory" explanations that people thought the series was going to end with. In my opinion the only reason they didn't do that (bear with me - talking about Lost still but it is relevant to Zombs) is that TOO MANY PEOPLE HAD GUESSED IT! Meaning felt they had to come up with an alternative explanation that actually "covered all the bases". Which they did, and as we know, the majority of us found it incredibly unsatisfying.

Treyarch did the opposite. They were brave enough to go with the obvious ending (like I said before, it's been obvious throughout (in retrospect...) that it was all a kids' game. So many clues ...)

They saw it through and came out with the ending they had always intended, and didn't do some last-minute rewrite just so they could say "Haha, see you were WRONG! we do have a proper ending, with all the secrets explained (ruined) and all the mysteries solved (made boring)" - like, in my opinion, the Lost writers did. Good on them. And, then the magnificent curveball ("My dad's got a plan") which means it is quite possible that this isn't the end at all...

But thing is they didn't. The obvious ending would have been to explain simply how and whhrre maxis or richtofen would go next then explain how the zombies had really started. A quick clean ending, we would have seen either maxis and Sam in agartha or richtofen square off against whatever was in the aether before Sam. Would have been much easier than just shafing the whole storyline with and ending that screams we just don't give a fuck.

Paul: You do realise you are speaking TO that fandom right?

Also we arnt "dumb" because we thing the ending is rubbish, that's an opinion, and to be honest, yeah, to guys who go in-depth and indulge work and research into zombies, yeah this "ending" is compleate trash.

You don't end a horror story with: It was all a dream... You end fairy tales and sad little jokes like that...

You clearly have little grasp on what, in reality, YOU think is right, and what OTHERS think is right...

Trust me, you are unlikely to find a bigger Zombies fan than me - Its pretty much the only video game I've played since I found Nacht in WaW and finished every Easter Egg except Mined Games - I just haven't been able to get a team through the shooting gallery bit - but I will!

I just get a bit annoyed when I read people saying things like Treyarch are "insulting" us, or "don't give a fuck" or whatever.

It has one of the most crazy and fun storylines of any game I've played and in my opinion this ending doesn't change that one bit.

In fact it ends in considerably more satisfactorily than if it had just ended with some team-up against a "big bad" or whatever, and the day being saved, or some standard generic sci-fi rubbish.

And I have taken into account the cyphers as well, and to be totally honest they don't change a thing, they just provide a little extra in-world background info (Richofen's parents being dead) - if anything that just make it tie into the "children's game" ending even more (Why is Eddie in his pyjamas at a young girl's house, when they aren't brother and sister? They aren't the same age so probably aren't just having a friendly sleep over - So, Eddie's parents are dead, and Sam's parents have fostered him, most probably. In other words, Eddie based the character of "Richtofen", in their game , on himself.

Paul:

You don't end a horror story with: It was all a dream... You end fairy tales and sad little jokes like that...

You clearly have little grasp on what, in reality, YOU think is right, and what OTHERS think is right...

Sorry I don't really understand that last sentence. But, I don't think it's me that has a problem grasping reality. The reality is there at the end of Little Girl Lost (or on Youtube if you can't be bothered to do it all) for all to see.

I just think some people are acting like babies. Everyone called for a definitive ending for Zombies - they gave us one, now people start saying "Oh I don't want that ending, I want a different one where everything happens the way I want it to happen". It's just childish.

And to whoever it was a few posts back that said I was trying to impinge their god-given American right to free speech - I haven't told anyone to shut up or stop saying anything. But if you are going to use your right of free speech to bitch and talk nonsense, then I will use MINE to call you out on it! :)

Ok, I thought of another way to explain it that might annoy some of you a bit less -

It's all a story, we all knew that, right? We can start from some common ground there.

What difference does it make to us, the players - whether it's a storyline concocted by Treyarch or a storyline concocted by characters that Treyarch made up? Answer - none at all! It's still Treyarch making up the story, just through a proxy - young Sam and Eddie . It doesn't make it any less real! They could (and I pray they do...) now go on and make a whole stand-alone Zombies game, with an epic storyline following on from what happens to the O4 after moon. And what happens to Maxis after origins. Ok we would all know that on one level, it is all going on inside the heads of a pair of kids, but what difference does that actually make?

Do you guys all hate The Princess Bride as well, because that's just a story a grandfather is reading to his grandson in bed? It doesn't make sense to think about it like that!

Heres my little theory on this ending and what it means for the story (this is a long read so be warned!) *Also sorry in advance for my terrible grammar, it's late and I'm tired*:

The whole Zombies story is made up by Sam and Eddie. It's just them playing with action figures on a crude play mat/set. This would explain how we jumped from map to map. Whenever we got a new map it was because they got bored of that map and played with another one.

I would also like to point out that if you try and say that this is the cutscene before everything in zombies happens you couldn't be more WRONG. We can clearly the action figures of the N4.

Eye color

We all know the reason that the zombies eye's change color, it's because Eddie (Richtofen) has gained control, both in the "made up" world and the "real" world.

Sam had control for BO1 (W@W maps are a part of BO1 btw), and Eddie had control in BO2.

As for eye color in the "Origins" map Sam and Eddie argue on what the eye color should be so that's why you see both.

Sam's room is the Aether!!

In BO1 you know that Richtofen wanted to control the zombies, to do this he had to go to the Aether.

(Before I get any further on explaining why Sam's room is the "Aether" I'd like to explain that Eddie is "playing the game" as Richtofen)

So to do this he had to switch "bodies" (switching bodies in-game is a metaphor, he does not actually switch bodies) with Sam. This would take him out of the "game" and put him in the "Aether" (Sam's room), and put Sam in "the game".

This would mean that he now has control over the zombies (makes up the rules of the game) and that Sam has taken his place in "the game".

So in short the "Aether" is a metaphor for Sam's room.

Sam is playing in the game?!

Here's where my theory still needs a bit of polish. When Sam is "playing the game" (see above for reasons why) she needed/wanted to make up her own set of characters. (She also has Richtofen as her character now too, but she likely wanted to make her own "new" storyline set in the same universe) She made the N4 as her group and she most likely plays as Misty.

Maxis and the game, + relations with Eddie

Maxis may also take part in the game from time to time. (He tell's Sams' group what to do, and during his ending he "ends" the game altogether meaning that he may dislike Eddie hanging out with his daughter [Richtofen seems to dislike Maxis VERY much this may be a reflection on how Eddie really feels about Maxis] or he [Maxis] may just not want the two playing such a silly game anymore) Either way Maxis has some influence on the game.

Ending was planned, + map/gun inspiration for Eddie and Sam

If you have ever played Kino then you know that when you teleport you have a chance of entering Sams' room during one of your teleports. In this room you will find the EXACT same layout as in the cutscene, some posters on the wall, but most importantly you will see that in fact on the floor is a set of O4 action figures and a makeshift "real" version of Der Riese. This was a HUGE hint from Treyarch as to what was really going on. (To explain why in the cutscene she has more posters, Treyarch may have known how they wanted to end it, but they didn't know the road that would lead them there,

Sam and Eddie take a lot of what they see in the comic book and and implement it into zombies. A lot of the BO1 maps came from the comic book and a lot of the weapons as well. I.E. every map with playable O4 has a comic book page as a loading screen and if you look at the Moon loading screen you can see a whole slew of weapons used in various zombie maps.

Hellhounds came from Fluffy, as he/she would often interrupt their play sessions by coming in and trying to chew on the action figures etc. (Represented in-game by Hellhounds occasionally coming to try and kill you)

Cutscene setting and why maps can be in the "future"

The cutscene most likely takes place during the Cold War.

It was not unusual for sirens to go off as a practice (nuclear threat was HUGE back then)

The pajamas are definitely not WW1 era stuff.

Posters are not WW1 era stuff.

The Tranzit bus is clearly of modern design and is a toy in Sams' room.

The action figures are not of WW1 either.

The map "Five"

The map "Moon"

The map "Ascension"

For these reasons (and more) the most logical time frame for the cut scene is the Cold War era.

This would mean that Eddie and Sam would still be alive when the 2000's rolled around and able to play on maps that take place in the "future".

Sam and Eddie possible love interest?? and what the break in maps represent

*This paragraph could be considered fan fiction*

So if you watched the ending then you would know that Eddie is probably not Sams' brother. (He says something along the lines of "Come on, we'd better do what your dad says..." why would he use "your dad" if he wasn't related? If they were brother and sister you would think he would use just plain old "Dad") This doesn't leave out the possibility that they could be cousins, this can lead us 3 ways.

1. Sam and Eddie like like each other and possibly become life partners :o

or

2. Sam and Eddie are cousins and Eddie is spending the night over his cousins house

finally

3. Sam and Eddie are very close friends and Eddie is spending the night at Sams'

For all intents and purposes I will just stick with possibility #3.

The breaks in maps obviously (in real real life) means that Treyarch is (during a break in dlc) working on the next dlc, or (in a break in-between games) Treyarch is working on the next game while the current IW game is out. But what does this mean story-wise?

The small breaks (dlc) mean that Sam and Eddie have taken a break for maybe a day, week, hour even, from playing the game in their world, (in our world this would mean a 1 month break).

The big break means that they have taken a significant amount of time off from the game i.e. at least 7-8 years.(1 yearish in our time) This ties in with a lot of what I said earlier.

Now after such a long break from a game, you would assume that they forget about it or something but I don't think they did/will. They have a spent a lot of time playing the game as seen by how many maps there are, so I think they really love playing it.

Now with Sam and Eddie being such close friends you think they would keep in contact over the years and occasionally meet to catch up on things and etc. This is when the they would begin to play the game again (i.e. BO1 gap to BO2, but they have changed the rules slightly i.e. buildables, perma perks, double upgrading, etc.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's basically what I think the cut scene means for the story.

I realize this ending may be very disappointing to some and maybe even made some quit zombies, not me, I still want to know what happened to the O4 on Moon and the N4 at Buried, even if it is a story created by children.

• Administrators

Just saw this cutscene in-game with PINNAZ, way2g00 and Naitrax. Just wow; it's different live than it is in just a regular YouTube video.

What I find paradoxical is that Samantha claims that her heroes were given good fortune and she protected them. Wasn't she the one in her own story that vowed to torture these same characters and kind of give them hell in their future?

The whole cutscene was such a large metaphor, that it's difficult to believe everything is linear or holding true within one timeline. Not saying that this an alternate timeline in Zombies, but we're dealing with multiple breaking points. You can't just have multiple instances such as zombie figures from future maps and still claim that she decided to switch around her own story. That's only lying to yourself to say you're okay with such an action.

I've heard things about Edward not having his turn. But you can see Samantha playing with a Resolution 1295 zombie, which happened under Richtofen's control. The tally marks may tell us that he had a bit of influence over it. Hell - he even says "I think they should have blue eyes". Could that "tomorrow" Samantha speaks of be where Edward finally had his chance in Moon? It doesn't follow so smoothly, though.

And what is the time to make things right? Edward pursuing control in his own story, or amending to Samantha's? Hmmm, the questions are just too damn high.

Just saw this cutscene in-game with PINNAZ, way2g00 and Naitrax. Just wow; it's different live than it is in just a regular YouTube video.

What I find paradoxical is that Samantha claims that her heroes were given good fortune and she protected them. Wasn't she the one in her own story that vowed to torture these same characters and kind of give them hell in their future?

That's kinda the thing, really. I think Treyarch only wanted to pay homage to the first Black Ops by putting in items of previous maps as easter eggs. But sadly, they didn't think it through, since everything in the cutscene is over-analyzed by the community. The whole "everything's a game" just doesn't make sense. Origins itself being a game is likely true, but the old maps just can't be.

There's also the fact that our characters' personalities are waaaaaaaaay too vulgar for those kids to come up with, especially guys like Dempsey and Richtofen. One is an angry Marine who swears constantly, and one is a sick psychopath who enjoys being bathed in zombie blood. If Sam and Eddie do come up with that, then they are some really sick kids.